Ruins of Wildwood
Paradise Falls let's go get high - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore XII (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+---- Thread: Paradise Falls let's go get high (/showthread.php?tid=21829)

Pages: 1 2

let's go get high - Miriam - Aug 01, 2023

[dohtml]
WELCOME TO MIDNIGHT MASS.

It felt like the more she continued on with her journey, the thicker the air seemed to get around her. Her lungs protested and rejected through violet fits of coughing followed by short periods of relief… and yet, she knew it was the air around her to blame, nothing more. The stench of the smoke around her was enough to know that it was something deeper afoot. She had not seen any flames, but she knew they had to exist somewhere in order for the smoke to travel in the thick cloud that it did.

The dark tawny woman almost missed the scent of the border, pausing at it as she sniffed lightly, finding the scent of wolf along it, a clear marking. She’d pull back, pausing for a moment as excitement lit her. People. Wolves that she could interact with! The thought of it was enough to make her tail wag, her maw raising as she called eagerly for them without a second thought. She had never been one to think these things through much. She simply did what she felt was best, when she felt it was best.

This was truly no exception to the way she lived her life. Why would it be?

She would rest back on her haunches, taking a sitting position as she panted lightly, her tongue lolling for a moment as the girl looked around. It was a nice place… that showed great promise as well.

[/dohtml]

RE: let's go get high - Jethro - Aug 07, 2023

They had gone from months without any visitors, to having two calls from strangers in as many weeks. The call didn’t sound distressed or urgent, but just in case, the dark leader did not delay in responding just in case this new guest also carried some kind of message.  

A short jog towards the visitor revealed only one figure waiting this time. Another young lady. A yearling, around the age of Ryder and Caspian. This time around though, she was unfamiliar. But she hardly appeared the type to pose any sort of threat.

Jet maintained a neutral but welcoming posture, trotting forth to within a few lengths.

”Hello,” he greeted, with a small tip of his crown. ”Welcome to Paradise Falls. What can we do for ya?”

--sorry bout the wait on getting to this :x

RE: let's go get high - Miriam - Aug 07, 2023

[dohtml]

Miriam let the silence linger though it did little to calm her excitement, waiting for someone to arrive to the borders so that she might be able to greet them and bombard them with exciting tales. It did not take long either, the small girl noted the way he remained a neutral distance, and the size of the man in general. He must be the alpha. It was the way in her home… the larger and the stronger were the ones in charge.

She would dip her head respectfully, just as she had been taught to do while dealing with anyone of importance, a sweet smile on her features as she began to give way to something of a ramble. “Oh! Other wolves this is most glorious a discovery!” There was no doubt to the excitement in her voice.

“Paradise Falls? As in Kumwamba?” Oh she would most certainly be delivered now, for she had found paradise. “My name is Miriam, and I am but a humble sheep seeking deliverance.” The words eager as her tail wagged with such vigor that it took her rump with it.

[/dohtml]

RE: let's go get high - Jethro - Aug 08, 2023

Watching the young lady, listening to her, Jethro found himself briefly transported back in time and memory to the first time he and Nori had met with her family. That had been over two years ago - nearly half his life ago now. That was a sobering realization, but it brought a smile to his countenance regardless.

This kid hardly seemed like a threat, and her excitement was both endearing and a tad amusing.

She asked a question though, and spoke a word he’d never heard before. ”Kum..bawa?” Jet repeated the word tentatively, fairly certain he'd utterly botched the word. ”Can’t say I know what that is. But we might be able to help ya with the second part.”

They could always use extra paws, most of the time everyone was spread thin enough as it was. Not without a few questions though, first. Jethro sat back, mirroring the position the other had adopted upon first meeting her. ”What is it you’re seekin’ deliverance from?”

RE: let's go get high - Miriam - Aug 08, 2023

[dohtml]

Kumbawa. He pronounced it funny which caused a lighthearted giggle to escape her, listening as he stated he did not know the first but the second instead. “It’s Paradise… the promised land for all the sheep.” She explained lightly, an endearing tone lingering in the air as he stated he might be able to help. Of course! The promised land could always help, of that the young girl was certain. Tawny tail continued to wag behind her as everything unfolded.

“I am seeking deliverance… not from anything, but from everything.” She stated vaguely as she blinked, a smile on her features as she explained more. “I’ve been told from when I was just a lil’ cub that I would find Kumbawa, that it would deliver me from things I had not even found yet… Kumbawa, Paradise Falls… it seems to me like you all are just that.” To draw such from just a name was perhaps naïve of her, but she did not falter in her disposition.

She would find Kumbawa… she would make it if that was what it took. She would take a land and make it promised… really, wasn’t that all paradise was? What one made of it?

[/dohtml]

RE: let's go get high - Jethro - Aug 09, 2023

Another word for paradise, the youth explained - like promised land for all the sheep. It sounded almost like a religion of sorts, and while curious, Jethro held himself to a grateful smile and nod.

Miriam was not seeking deliverance from anything, rather, everything. A statement that only vaguely made sense, but was a story she’d been told since childhood. The idea behind it seemed to closely match what Jet had intended originally with the pack, but reality.. hadn’t always been kind to them.

”Mmm. And you’re sure of that, when you don’t even know us?” He inquired lightly, curious as to just how deeply held the belief might be.

”The idea’s correct," he'd go on to explain, though. "Our goal is to provide a safe, welcoming home for anyone that wants or needs it - provided they’re willing to do their share. But it hasn’t been easy. We’ve faced plenty of challenges, even death.” He did not want to drive her away, but neither did Jet wish to see the youth make a hasty decision without knowing what she was getting into. Especially when he’d yet to even give her his name.

RE: let's go get high - Miriam - Sep 02, 2023

Sorry for the delay! Grad school and then COVID hit me hard
[dohtml]

He asked how she could be certain, and it caused the youth to pause for a second and consider what she could say in response. There was a solemn expression on her features as she contemplated it before she brightened once more. “Because sometimes you have to take a leap, and trust that you’re being guided right.” She had given everything she was to this faith and religion, to an extent her parents had not been able to understand.

And now, she did it once more, putting herself at the paws of an Alpha whose pack she interpreted to be her salvation. Her mother and father had never understood, but they did not need to. It was not their relationship with the ancestors, or with the angelic voices that would reign from the heavens and demand the best of every wolf. He confirmed that it was safe.

“Every challenge is a test… it tests patience, resolve, kindness, and compassion.” She would offer with a stout sense of belief when he countered with the fact that it may not be easy… it was hasty, and seemed hasty, but to the girl it was the only option. “I have always been gifted in the hunt, and storytelling to children and adults alike as well.”

[/dohtml]

RE: let's go get high - Jethro - Sep 06, 2023

She took a bit more time to think this go around, before providing an answer, speaking of trust and belief in the right guidance. Those were not views a younger Jethro would’ve shared or agreed with. Now though, he permitted himself a small nod. Impactful words, from a young wolf - it was encouraging.

The second part was even more so. Every challenge was a test, Miriam explained. Another thing with which he now agreed. Some of them, many, seemed small. But even the smallest things could define or change an individual.  

Whilst he would’ve liked to perhaps discuss the subject further, his curiosity about Miriam’s beliefs could wait. ”Very true. We’ve been tested, but not broken,” was all he’d offer in a soft murmur.

”But I won’t deny we’re in need. I’m Jethro, one of the leaders here. And for however long ya wish to stay, welcome.” The introduction and acceptance was spoken warmly, complete with a smile and a welcoming nod. ”Are there any other questions you have for me, or about us?” While he was fully prepared to welcome the young woman, though he wouldn’t sacrifice transparency for need.

RE: let's go get high - Miriam - Sep 09, 2023

[dohtml]

Miriam would offer a soft hum as he spoke, a soft murmur but all the more present. Tested but not broken. That was the kind of flexibility and resolve she had been caught to look for, a gentle nature in her eyes as a smirk danced across her features though it was far from devious or malicious… it was one still of innocence… of a doe eyed girl.

He stated they were in need, and she saw a new opportunity unfold. She could be the redeemer… she could help protect the angels. There was a sense of pride that coursed through her, as if she had been given nothing less than a heavenly test of her own mettle to see her through.

“Who resides in Paradise?” She would ask as her head tilted, welcoming herself across the borders at his word. Who was already there, who had found salvation… who was she tasked with aiding and protecting as part of her larger mission? These were important questions in her mind.

[/dohtml]

RE: let's go get high - Jethro - Sep 14, 2023

Though it went unspoken for now, the girl appeared happy, perhaps thankful even, to be welcomed to a new home. There was potential, and a lot of good character to her already. Jet wondered if she was as glad as he to have another body to aid them. There was only one question asked, and a reasonable one at that.

”My co-lead’s Flair. There’s her children, Micaden, Addison, and her partner Chan,” he paused after listing that little family off for a breath. ”Finley - my wife - our daughter Atara, and her older son Ryder.” How he wished he could’ve introduced himself as Ryder’s father - adoptive or otherwise, but he wouldn’t risk further alienating the kid by doing so.

”And last, but not least, Marigold and Colette. Both of ‘em kinda keep to themselves, Cole especially. But they're good“ He wouldn’t judge the way she chose to live though. She was valuable and contributed as much as anyone else.