Ruins of Wildwood
Secluded Spring I Never Left - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore II (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Thread: Secluded Spring I Never Left (/showthread.php?tid=2485)

Pages: 1 2

I Never Left - Nina - Jun 03, 2012

[dohtml]
 A frown was plastered on a young female's face as she limped towards her pack. She couldn't bring herself to greet them though so her paws led her towards the spring. A sad eye evaluated her home sadly. Damn her brother, why had he done this to her. Her once beautiful pelt was now torn. Scars old and new were roaming her body. And the scabs from the cuts she had still threatened to open on her. One of her eyes she was now sure was permanently shut so she would only be able to see from one eye. A once shining emerald eye was now dull with pain. Her pain was bearable but it was nothing compared to the mental damage. Her own brother had attempted to murder. Thank the Gods Koda had arrived in time to save her, quickly backed up by the healer Chantille from Poison Path. 

Her back leg was either badly sprang of broken she still wasn't sure. She feared the worst though. What is Aeylen and Ruiko thought badly of her. For not bring able to defend herself. She was a star in healing and maybe hunting but surely not sparring. She was hoping to learn something from her pack around fighting but she had never gotten around for asking. She worthy for Kashi though. Was he still here? She had promised him that she wouldn't leave but what she was now was an embarrassment. Did Copper Rock Creek want an injured wolf in their pack? One that may never be able to see in one eye and run again? Sad eyes watched the spring in front of her. Laying down to keep the pressure off of her leg. She knew she would have to see Kashikoi again though. Lifting her muzzle to the sky she let out a painstaking howl. It clearly called for Kashikoi asking him where he was and if he would come see her. 

[/dohtml]

I Never Left - Kashikoi - Jun 05, 2012

It was about mid day with the howl cut through the air. Kashi could tell that it was Nina, the sound of her howl made him feel relieved. During the time in which he had become second by being the only other male Nina had gone off without explanation as far as he knew. But that wasn't important, what was though was that she was back with family. Excited Kashikoi bounded in the direction of the howl.

When his dear friend came into site his heart sank in an instant. Her injuries flashed blindingly in his mind's eye. Scars, fresh and old, mangled pelt, hurt leg, and worst of all was the eye. Her once brilliant eye was sealed shut. His cheerful former run became one of utter panic for his friend as he poured on the speed to reach her faster. "Nina! Are you alright?! Hold still I'll get some poppy!" His mind was racing and he was in a panic as he started to whip his head from side to side in search of herbs.

I Never Left - Nina - Jun 05, 2012

[dohtml]
 Somehow the soft words that Kashikoi spoke to her when he arrived brought back the wave of sadness that she was holding in. She thought her litter appearance was starting to recover but she guessed that after staring at herself hour after hour taking in her appearance she would get used to it. Now Kash was worried about her. He seemed panicked enough. Kash, her friend, her family, her pupil, concerned for her. The thought warmed her heart. Her family.  Lifting her head she tilted it to the side to take in Kashikoi's full form as he rushed up to her. The large claw mark on her eye was obvious. The pinkish scar ugly against her brown fur. Her pack would have to accept her though, right? She was their healer. And she was loyal to them. She wouldn't leave. Kashikoi brought a sense of pride in her though. His instant reaction was to get her herbs, to make her feel better. That left a warm spot in her injured heart. 

"Kashikoi, the damage has already been done. I am not in pain. At least not physically. There is nothing, at the moment, that can help me," Nina's once soft voice now rang strong, only to get the point across to Kashikoi. 

He had to understand that she wouldn't be able to get better though. That there was no way to be able to help her heal from the damage she had received. Even Koda and Mitsu had understood that. Koda. . .where was he right now? He had helped her so much and she owed him so much. Looking at Kashikoi she got up and limped towards him embracing him lighting.  She fought the sobs that she wanted to release though and breathed. She had to be strong in front of Kashikoi. In front of her family. She couldn't afford to be weak. . .at least. Now right now. 

[/dohtml]

I Never Left - Kashikoi - Jun 09, 2012

Hearing what she said he went quiet and walked back towards her. His eyes followed the marks that had been marred into her skin by cruel fate. What was there that he could do? He couldn't get her eye back nor restore her to her former glory. Sighing he noticed that see seemed like her spirit was outright killed. With wounds like this it was a miracle that she had made it back. Had she healed herself and walked by herself back here from where ever?

Kashikoi licked the wounded areas of her face gently to reassure her that he would be there for her, like a personal guardian. His sadness and concern was soon replaced by a flood of rage that filled his entire being. Someone had hurt Nina and they would pay dearly. Not only was it his duty to protect her as second but also as her friend. "Who did this to you and where are they?" He said this with anger tainting his voice. "I'll skin them alive for what they did to you."

I Never Left - Nina - Jun 09, 2012

[dohtml]
 The comfort she was receiving from Kashikoi surprised her. He wasn't disgusted by her? How could this be? But she didn't question it. She welcomed the feeling. She wondered though, how much the pack had changed since she had been gone. Has good or bad occurred?  She felt comforted by the fact that Kashikoi was here for her. She wanted to ask the young male something but thought against it instantly. She wouldn't ask him of this. It would have been nice to have him with her if the time came to when Aeylen or Ruiko wouldn't accept her due to her injuries. She wouldn't ask him of that though. She loved her family and knew that they needed a healer. A place that Kash would have to take from her eventually. Blinking her eyes she cleared her mind so she could think. Kashikoi had asked a question. 

"If you must know, young Kashi, it was Ash, my brother, who attacked me. But please, don't do anything irrational Kashikoi. I am fine though, Koda has taken excellent care of me."

And the young female's words were correct. The older male had done a wonderful job of taking care of her. A slight flush brought its way onto her cheeks though. She loved the older male and they were close, promising to meet up in the future, but she knew that she had to recover first and so did he. So there hadn't been a problem. Flicking her ears she pricked them staring at Kashi for an answer. 

[/dohtml]

I Never Left - Kashikoi - Jun 13, 2012

Those fatal word froze His blood and his body to the spot. Ash. He had trusted this wolf as an act of friendship but in the end he had been played like a puppet. His friend's injury and almost death were all his fault, and his alone. The guilt ate away at his peace of mind like the most acidic of acids. How could he be the reason his friend had almost died how? It was almost too much to take in as his tail and ears drooped further. It was all because of him, or was it?

"Oh I'm not going to do anything irrational, I am going to fix my mistake by ridding this world of that murdering beast." His eyes would seem to fill with rage and blood lust with the more angry he got. "I was too trusting and now I must amend for my friend almost dying, brother or not he deserves to die before he kills anyone else." Kashi shook with anger, anger for his trust being betrayed, anger at himself, and anger for what had happened.

I Never Left - Nina - Jun 13, 2012

[dohtml]
Her friend froze, anfer taking over his stance. What was wrong? She understood the anger. . .but this? This was something completely different from what she expected. He was furious. With this small piece of imformation Kashikoi went from innocent to killer. Nina listened closely her eye closing briefly. He couldn't kill Ash. . .she didn't want that. It was not the way healers did certain things. Opening her one good eye once again she stared at her appretice a small mewl escaping her mouth. It was time to convince him not to kill her brother.

With a small sigh she spoke, "Please, Kashi? This would be going against the healer ways. Just. . .promise me you won't kill him?"

She was pleading him to do something. . .anything that would keep her brother alive. She didn't like the dact that he had tried killing her, but that didn't mean anything else. She needed him alive. He was the only family. . .blood family that she had left. She suppoosed she could consider Koda family. . .right? And of course her pack was her family. No one could seperate her from them. . .ever.

[/dohtml]

I Never Left - Kashikoi - Jun 14, 2012

Kashi snapped out of his blood lust enough to think as soon as he heard the small mewl from Nina. He was scaring her he realized. What the hell was wrong with him. It wasn't like him at all to be like this. feeling terrible he drooped his head dejected. "you are right It's not the way of a healer but he will still pay for what he has done to us." That wolf had to pay, he didn't even deserve to be called a wolf now. Ash was nothing more than a murdering beast.

While these thoughts passed through his mind another question rose. "Why do you want him to live? he will only try to kill you again and anyone who knows about what happened." The young wolf was struggling for Nina's sake to keep the rage from over taking him. He would have to be more careful when guarding borders from now on. No longer would he give out information as readily as he had before.

I Never Left - Nina - Jun 14, 2012

[dohtml]
At the moment Kashikoi was definitely being imponderable but she was happy none the less. He wasn't going to kill him. . .but he would pay. It reminded her of Koda. . .the exact same way he had displayed his rage for what Ash had done to her. The thought struck a pang in her heart. Smiling at Kash she nuzzled him, her muzzle lightly grazing his cheek as she gave him a light lick on the cheek. If she had been in another pack she probably would have been beaten for it would have looked like she was being dominant, but all it was, was an act of affection. Kashi was here for her, and they were in it together. Both of them had both been betrayed.

It was only when Kashikoi asked her is question was Nina confused. Why did she want Ash to live? She didn't even know and that was why for several moments the brown lady went into a lapse of silence. How was she going to explain her feelings for her brother to Kashikoi. She also knew that soon Nina would have to teach Kashikoi more herbs. It was long time due for another lesson of hers, but it would have to wait. . .for now at least, until she was healed. At least a little bit healed. She wouldn't want to be teaching the younger male false information.

Opening her mouth she spoke in a determined voice, "Just because someone does a wrong, doesn't mean we return the favor with another wrong. I want him to live with the fact that he has done bad deeds, and for when he dies he will go to Hell. But with everyone I have, I want him to live with the fact that I am alive and strong, as much as it may scare me, and miserable with the fact that he failed."

[/dohtml]

I Never Left - Kashikoi - Jun 18, 2012

Kashikoi closed his eyes for a while to calm his mind. He took several deep breaths to steady his anger. He would hold his anger back to he found Ash then all anger would be directed at him. The reason Nina had requested that Ash live was a reasonable one. It truly would be a punishment worse than death. He would carry the scars of failure and defeat. If that betrayer tried to attack Nina again then he knew the pack would bring him to his knees.

"Nina I am really sorry for my anger, I have no excuse really, and you speak true. He should have to live with the fact that he has failed." Nina had done so much for him and It made him have the greatest urge to protect her. He looked over her crippled form without flinching. "I hope you realize that anyone who knows what happened to you he will want dead." He knew that Koda was powerful and it worried him greatly.