Ruins of Wildwood
Poison Path After the Storm - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore II (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Thread: Poison Path After the Storm (/showthread.php?tid=2503)

Pages: 1 2

After the Storm - Athena - Jun 05, 2012

[dohtml]

After the meeting finally over, she had left Tlarx to attempt to socialize with the other Poison Path members to go sulk in the den with the abandoned puppies. Although she spoke a lot about forgetting about the past and moving on, she could take her own advice at the moment. She was teetering on depression. Luckily, she had the puppies to look forward to. As she got closer to the den, the trees separated to form a tight circle around the entrance. She stopped for a moment, letting everything sink in. The soft chirping of young birds in the protection of the pine trees. The small fauna playing around the bases of the trees, in the safety of the mother's watchful eye. Everything was serene. Until the sound of the puppies started to linger into her ears.

She got moving again till she had to dip her body to slid into the small entrance of the den. There curled tightly together in the middle of the floor were the two cubs. Datura and Belladonna. Her slick muzzle reached out to nuzzle the two noisy children before she settle herself around them. The three of them laid in a tight ball or support and comfort. Her head rested on the ground, gazing at the two beings inside the tight ball. "I'll always be here for you." She whispered to the young children. It seemed like the world just stopped and everything was alright. Bella let out a content sigh and nuzzled closer to her warm, pale underside. Datura stretched out his tiny paws and curled around his sister protectively while nuzzling into her tail.

She could literally stay here forever if she could. Escape from her worries and stay with the children. Life would be so easy. Nothing to worry about or figure out. Simple. Easy. However, life wasn't that forgiving. Life went on if you liked it or not. Soon enough, her eyelids closed and a light sleep took over. She just wanted to be alone, but the only one she wouldn't mind seeing would be Tlarx or perhaps even her dark furred second.

[/dohtml]

After the Storm - Tlarx - Jun 05, 2012

[dohtml]

Tlarx had gone for a small stroll just outside of the den area to collect his thoughts. It would take an immense amount of emotional support to keep Athena happy; he was ready for it. He was convinced that everything would be ok- it had to be. This pack was young, and there was not to be a downfall of it. The air was cool when Tlarx decided to end his walk. He turned lazily on heel, padding back towards the Poison Path den area. Silently, the massive wolf moved along, brown eyes prepared to see his mate within the clearing. She was not there.

The pup den. That's where she was, of course. His face remained apathetic as thoughts buried themselves within his mind. Shake them away; clear your head. He physically shook his head now, sighing to himself as he approached the small den. He doubted that he could fit easily into it. He almost laughed aloud at this thought; imagining himself getting stuck. Oh, it would be quite the sight for a Poisoned member to see his ass sticking out of the den.

Tlarx crept forth, wet ebon nose sniffing the den entrance. Yes, she was most certainly here. His tail wagged for a moment before he calmed himself. The quiet whimpers of the pups entered his ears. His heart began to pump faster. It seemed he had not been graced with the presence of newborns for what seemed like an eternity. He was accustomed to the birth of the white furballs in his old pack, but these wolves probably had more color. With a small grin, he poked his head in, calling out to the darkness: "Athena, my dear."

[/dohtml]

After the Storm - Athena - Jun 05, 2012

[dohtml]

Her light slumber turned into a deep sleep as the exhaustion of her body and her mind set in. Her sleep was peaceful for the most part, but soon her worst nightmares came back. May it been the stress or the depressed mood she was in, the nightmare of her father came to haunt her dreams. The day that her father tricked her into going with him on a hunt, but ended up brutally beating her until she was unconscious, replayed throughout her sleep. No matter how hard she tried, she could not wake up. It was as if she exited the life or reality and entered her own hell.

Thankfully her beloved came to her rescue once again. His deep voice awoke her from her nightmare and she jumped violently snapping her eyes open. Snapping her fiery eyes on him, with the similarity in her father's and Tlarx's coats she mistaken him for her father. Frightened and still in a daze, she let out a snarl and the fur on her nap bristled. She was on her feet ready to meet the jaws of her father. Like a flick of a switch, she was out of her frightened daze and she realized who was really at the entrance of her den. "Tlarx..." She breathed with a sigh. The cubs had noticed their ball of warmth was gone and she nuzzled them softly, before approaching her dear. She nuzzled his neck affectionately and gave him a lovely lick on the cheek before backing up to see if he could fit in. They sure will have to do some remodeling of the entrance soon.

[/dohtml]

After the Storm - Tlarx - Jun 06, 2012

[dohtml]

A snarl answered his call, and he backed up, ears folding against his head. His eyes could be read as confused...nothing more, nothing less. But then, there was a voice. Tlarx... His ears rose back up, and he tilted his head in wonder. Perhaps he awoke her from sleep? Pushing away the confusion, he returned to the entrance, in time to receive Athena's licks of greeting. He smiled, and decided that he should try and squeeze into the den.

He got his front paws and broad chest in, sliding halfway into the den. His side pressed against Athena's and he attempted to suck his stomach in; it worked a bit. Laughing lightly, he grumbled to himself, clawing at the solid ground as he tried to slip the rest of his frame in. His hips refused to let him enter, with with a growl, he continued forward. Confidence overrode him as the remaining quarter of his body decided to agree with him. He jerked forward, face almost hitting the back end of the den. Turning his body just in time, he was cradled by the wall. "Well, that was...interesting." He whispered, shaking his head. The goofy smile on his dark lips settled as he looked at the pups.

They stretched their paws, begging for Athena's soft pale fur to comfort them once more. Deep brown eyes gazed in awe as Tlarx nuzzled his mate. He was crouched a bit uncomfortably, but no matter. "They're beautiful." He spoke these words softly, observing the little girl and boy. Turning his head, he returned the lick to his mate's muzzle.

[/dohtml]

After the Storm - Athena - Jun 06, 2012

[dohtml]

She felt bad for snapping at him when she saw his expression and he disappeared from her view, but it seemed he soon forgave her as he began to try to get into the den. Indeed the den was quite small, but if they managed, they could all lay in here comfortably. She watched a few laughs trickling out every once and a while until finally he was in all the way. He returned her kisses and she landed a good one right above his eye. She encircled her little balls of love and laid down, comforting them with her warmth.

She looked up at the burly man as he spoke in a hushed voice gazing at the cubs. "They are. So beautiful." She said staring at them with affection in her eyes. Having been in heat also when Naira was impregnated, she still was able to produce milk enough for one of them, but for now both of them were still able to feed of her. Bella seemed to be hungrier of the two and soon she was nuzzled against Athena's breast feeding. She was quite surprised that Datura was hungry yet with his loud screams. "Datura," she said, nodding towards each of them as she said their name, "and Belladonna." She stared at them for a a little while longer before glancing back up to her mate. "Were you adored like this?" She wondered out loud. She always wondered if other wolves were adored when they were first born. To her father, she was a nightmare, however, her mother adored her, but never showed that affection in front of him. She never felt the true feeling of love when she was younger, but she's learning now.

[/dohtml]

[dohtml]

Tlarx's tail wagged as his mate licked above his eye. He followed her lead and lay down on the other side of the pups, listening intently as she told him their names. Datura and Belladonna. "Very nice names." He smiled now, lowering his head. His nose gently touched Bella's soft fur before he did the same to Datura. They were so small, so fragile. Life was so precious; it seemed it was not appreciated until new ones were brought into the world.

Looking back up to Athena, he shrugged lightly. Shifting his weight, he curled his tail close to his hind legs before he spoke. "I'm not quite sure. I know that my father couldn't wait 'till I was out of the den. Me and my mother never really had much of a connection." His honesty did not bother him whatsoever. His mother was a lovely woman, but he did not get to know her as well as his other siblings had. "I think my father only liked me because of my size and strength. He wanted me to be next to take over, but I wanted to go on my own..."

His voice trailed off before he looked back down as the pups. For a moment, he wondered what their parents looked like, and why they had left. Guilt pulled at him, but he shooed it away as his eyes fell back onto his lady. "What about you, my love?"

[/dohtml]

After the Storm - Athena - Jun 06, 2012

[dohtml]

He soon laid down besides her and she was content again. He smiled and agreed with the names. She watched him touch them and she spoke again, "Their mother and father named them after flowers. Naira was an expectational healer, one of the best, and she had an obsession with flowers." She looked up at Tlarx briefly before looking back at the cubs. She could almost feel his chocolate gaze on her as he began to speak. She momentarily looked up at him, realizing how different their lives where. It was flip-flopped.

As she expected he asked her about her younger years. Clearing her throat softly, she looked up at him for a moment, "My life wasn't cheery and loving at all. From the moment I was born, my father hated me. He saw one me as a useless life form that he needed to get rid of." She said, venom seeping into her voice. She couldn't look at him anymore, instead looked down at the cubs at her belly. "My mother loved me, but she never showed her affection for me in front of my father. She feared that he would become violent and take his anger out on her or her two sons. Instead, she let him take it out on me. But later on she found out that it wasn't going to just be me that he beat on." She said, glancing up at him again.

Her eyes began to become sorrow-filled as she fast forwarded her life a few months. "My father was a deceiving fox. He always told me I was a useless runt. That I would be failure and nobody would love me. Soon enough, those thoughts were drilled into my mind and I never forgot them." She looked away and stared at the entrance of the den for a moment to collect her thoughts. Thinking of telling him everything was one thing, but actually doing it was another. She continued on however. "One day he tricked me into him being nice and him actually wanted to spend time with me. He told me he was going to teach me a few hunting tactics and took me out of the territory. I was young and didn't see past his lie and I happily obliged." She looked back him, her fiery eyes piercing into him.

"It was the biggest mistake of my life. He tackled me too the ground and viciously attacked me. He broke my back leg and left me unconscious. I was told by my aunt that he ran home soaking wet and said I drown in the river. My mother never went to look for me, instead I was found by an elderly wolf named Hope. She cared for me and taught me everything I know." She said, a smile creeping on her face as she thought about the elder wolf and all the times she had with her.

"She died after I recovered, but I was filled with revenge and violence then. I found were my father relocated the pack and found out from my aunt that she saw him kill my mother in the dead of night. I never heard from my aunt since then. My father got a new mate and were happily leading my old pack. My brothers, smart-fully left and I soon found my revenge." She said, looking away shamefully as she said the next part. "I killed both of them in their den while the were sleeping." She refused to look at him. She got it all out, but she was afraid that he'd shove everything back in her face and leave. Her eyes settled on a small pebble by her left paw.

[/dohtml]

[dohtml]
His heart immediately sank; he regretted asking her of her history. Biting his tongue as she spoke, he could almost taste his own blood. Relieving the pressure off his tongue, he looked at the ground, shaking his head. "Athena, it's ok....." He knew that she was no longer looking at him. Leaning forward, he pressed his muzzle gently into the soft white fur on her neck. "I'd have done the same thing, honestly."

With what she described, there was no doubt in his mind that he really would have done the same. There was a comfortable silence before he spoke again "You're a strong woman. I know a lot of wolves who would have been broken by such a thing, dragging themselves along wherever they go." He nodded his head for a moment, chocolate gaze falling on the pups before returning to his mate. "Those who can live with their past are the strongest" A soft smile crossed his muzzle as he nuzzled his mate once more.

After the nuzzle, he brought his muzzle towards hers, offering a loving lick. He thought no different of his mate now....in fact, he viewed her as even stronger than before. It takes a lot to live with such a past; more so to even speak of it.

[/dohtml]

After the Storm - Athena - Jun 08, 2012

[dohtml]

She continued to stare intently at the pebble at her feet, while still having an ear swiveled towards him. "Athena, it's ok....." As his sympathetic words came out in his usual deep pitch, she managed to a look at him. His warm, wet nose burrowed into her nape and he continued. "I'd have done the same thing, honestly." She didn't know if she should believe that since she always looked down upon her past with regret and shamefulness. All she could do was shake her head, but she didn't argue. Killing is not something you do willing, unless you're doing it to defend someone or you're not in the right state of mind. But, wasn't she doing it for someone? For her mother? Or even herself?

Silence was granted for her to collect her thoughts for a moment while he must have been collecting his. Was she really as strong as he made her look? Or was she just that good at covering up her emotions? She had taught herself, from a young age, to keep everything to herself. Now she was a master of deception. It was rare to see raw emotion from her. It could be even considered a privilege to see such a sight. "Those who can live with their past are the strongest." Did that really include her, however. Or was it really those who can hide their past and forget about it are the strongest. She hasn't entirely forgiven herself for taking two lives. One of which was particularly innocent, while the other was just sick minded.

"But what if ones past is not justifiable. Killing an innocent being is not right." She said, looking up at him. She can't forgive herself for what she did, but was it possible for her to move on from it? Or was it too serious of a crime to forget and she'll have to live with the regret for the rest of her unjustifiable life?

[/dohtml]

After the Storm - Tlarx - Jun 08, 2012

[dohtml]

He knew she was upset...her thoughts bothered her. The stillness in the air; the quietness...it upset him, but he refused to show it. "The past is the past; what's been done, has been done." He said, resting his head upon her neck. "Don't wallow in it, Athena. It will drive you crazy." He pushed his face into her fur, breathing it in and closing his eyes. His mind whirled with thoughts; he just wanted his mate to be happy. "Drop any regrets or negative feelings. Live in the now."

Goodness, he was just a box of wise words, wasn't he? His own words were surprising him..but when that happens, you know it's straight from the heart. Tlarx was proud of Athena for spilling her past to him; he hated secrets. Briefly he wondered who else she had told of her past- perhaps the missing alphess? Shrugging these thoughts away, he opened his eyes now, slowly bringing his head back away from her neck.

He looked at her with soft eyes. If she could feel his gaze, it was a loving one, not a cold stare. He did not want to see her like this. Her father was a bastard, and she had made a decision that many a wolf most certainly would have. It was sick what the man had done to her. All wolves deserve a good life, but unfortunately are not put into the right place to achieve it.

[/dohtml]