Ruins of Wildwood
Ghastly Woods Forever Alone Until I met You...... - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore II (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Thread: Ghastly Woods Forever Alone Until I met You...... (/showthread.php?tid=2572)

Pages: 1 2

Forever Alone Until I met You...... - Shadowstorm - Jun 21, 2012

Shadowstorm padded throughout the woods, the volant leaves rocking back and forth on the trees. The wind whistling slightly in her ears and the branches swaying side to side as if conducting an orchestra. It's peaceful here, she thought. The only thing her mind would allow to be thought for a few moments. But peace can never last. The words burned into her like an inferno of truth. She had to eat, hunger made her stomach growl with anger, in a furious tone. Time to hunt.

Shadowstorm lifted her head and breathed in deeply. She was fast on her feet and tonight was a very noctilucent night. She scented something as the scents hit the top of her mouth. Rabbit? She thought, crouching slightly looking for the area of the delicious scent. Where are you now? She wondered seconds before seeing the rabbit. She silently stalked it. Barely making a move. She was nervous, extremely, she didn't know where her next meal would be. She knew catching this rabbit could be the difference between life and death. She was petrified.

She silently leapt at the rabbit, she was lithe and slender so it was easier. She landed on the rabbit and held it down. She thanked the wolf spirits for her catch and pressed down on it's neck until it was dead. She started to savor the mouthfuls of rabbit. The rabbit was juicy, fresh, and delicious. She took a huge gulp and savored the flavor some more, knowing that she didn't know when she would eat next. She finished the rabbit swiftly and was still hungry. Hunger, but alive. She thought, continuing forward. I won't let you down dad.

Forever Alone Until I met You...... - Follko - Jun 21, 2012

[dohtml]

Follko had no clue what he was doing so far away from his
own packs territory. Maybe it was because he wanted to see more
of Wildwood that he left. Of course he would go back, he was just looking
around afterall. Besides before he left he marked all the borders for
Jaysyek so at least he was doing something productive for the pack.

However these woods that he found himself loping through.They were
making his fur crawl. He knew he shouldn't be so afraid of the forest, but
something here was making him like that. Perhaps there are lonely spirits
inhabiting these woods. Its the only thing I can come up with that would make
these woods so...uncomfortable...
He ducked his head while he stalked through.
Then the scent of a wolf came to his nose. The scent of a female.
Whats a lady doing all the way out here? Maybe she's hunting, or a loner who's
wandering around as I am.
He twisted his body to the right and began padding
towards the she wolfs scent.

By the time he got to the female he began to scent fresh blood as well
as the female. So she was hunting... Maybe I shouldn't go say hello..
She may be defensive about her catch.
He stopped in his tracks and thought
about turning around and leaving but then decided not to. Might as well go say hi
since I'm this close anyway.
So he continued forward.

The older male purposely made noise as he walked so she knew he was
coming. Then he issued a soft bark telling her of his presence.
"Ma'am.." He spoke and dipped his head in hello as he padded into her view.
Now that he could see her he was surprised at seeing an older wolf like himself.
And she was quite healthy too.
He stopped about eight feet away to give her space but kept his head held higher in
a dominant pose. He wasn't going to leave his pride behind when talking with a loner.

[/dohtml]

Forever Alone Until I met You...... - Shadowstorm - Jun 21, 2012

Shadowstorm turned her head slightly to see a tom, bigger then her, but not so large as the wolves she'd seen before. "Sir." she said politely. She felt something different, like he wasn't going to harm her. She could scent something on him though, the smell of a pack maybe. She knew there wasn't a ENCHIRIDION to use when dealing with these situations, she had to trust her gut. "If you don't mind, I smell a pack scent on you, what are you doing so far away from the pack you belong too? This is a pretty wild and barren place for a pack to be."

She thought of the possibilities that brought the strange wolf here,Leaving the pack, a long hunt with the pack, possibly he just needed to be alone, but whatever it is, maybe he'll understand that he can't threaten me here. She looked back at the strange wolf, a male, she always thought they were hot-headed and always thought of their dominance first. I guess I'm only partially correct, he's not hot-headed, but he definitely is showing dominance, maybe a fight will put him in his place again. She let a polite smile out. She then realized her muzzle was all bloody and her paws were bloody from the rabbit so she cleaned her paws and muzzle carefully, trying to hide the embarrassment. “Also, if you don't mind me asking, what pack are you from, the closest is over by that spring and that's still pretty far.” She said pointing in the direction of the Copper Rock Creek borders.

Forever Alone Until I met You...... - Follko - Jun 21, 2012

[dohtml]

Follko kept his distance as the female spoke.
She seemed a little stressed at his appearance but otherwise
was content to sit there and clean herself..
"If I may say the blood looks great where it is. It suits you." He
tried to give her a compliment but wasn't sure if she would take
it that way.

He wondered if it was okay to tell the loner what pack he came from.
It wasn't like every other loner didn't know about Grizzly Hollow. It was
one of the bigger packs in the area. At least that's what he believed.
"I am a Grizzly Hollow wolf. It is a little ways away in Cedarwood Forest, but I don't think
I will get into trouble being so far out here." He watched the exotic dark female
with curious eyes wondering what she might say next.

[/dohtml]

Forever Alone Until I met You...... - Shadowstorm - Jun 24, 2012

“I don't really like having blood all over my face and paws,” she replied in a sarcastic tone, this young wolf was an odd wolf. Most pack wolves would question her further, but then again, she wasn't on the Grizzly Hollow pack territory and neither was he so he didn't really have any right, “I'm Shadowstorm.” She said softly bowing a bit. Why am I doing this? He's a member of a pack and yet I'm bowing and telling him my name. Is this weakness? But this place isn't exactly a chockablock place either.[i/] “May I ask your name?”She asked, she respected the young wolf for knowing his place, and not even questioning her on her personal business. As she waited for her answer, she couldn't help notice how similar this wolf was to her brother, but her brother was dead, her brother is dead and her brother will always be dead.

{i}He is oddly, the wisest wolf I've ever met, even wiser then Father, then Mother, and even wiser then my late know-it-all brother.
She kept thinking of the resemblance, No, it's not, I saw my brother, my mother and my father, all dead. I watched them die. She remembered the tragic day when she was a pup, she saw a group of wolves, not a pack, but a group. They attacked their family, her mother and father lunged to protect her and her brother, they killed them and went to finish off the two pups and attacked her brother first. Her brother had lunged at them and started to attack, he'd done good too, he killed the younger one who was no more then a pup himself, the female saw how terrified she was and how her brother had killed the other wolf and killed her brother. She left Shadowstorm to die of hunger deciding no death was painful enough for the sister of a killer. Though Shadowstorm didn't know for sure, she believed the she-wolf's companion was her(The she-wolf) son. Little did the She-wolf know, Shadowstorm knew how to hunt. Her brother had learned and he taught her after her parents went to sleep or went hunting themselves. She had an odd relationship with her brother and they actually got along well because Shadowstorm knew he was stronger. She related the odd wolf in front of her to her brother, He's stronger, and wiser, I will respect him like I did my brother, enough said.

Forever Alone Until I met You...... - Follko - Jun 24, 2012

Just a note. Follko's not young. He's her age. Six. :)

[dohtml]

Follko was surprised the female was being as calm with him
being so near. Perhaps it was because she was older like himself.
She'd probably met many males in her time as she traveled the land.
"Suit yourself.." He decided to sit where he was and continue watching
the female with curious eyes. Shadowstorm, thats a nice name for her.
He moved his tail over his paws keeping them warm while he sat on the cool earth.

"My name is Follko Theizkei." He watched her clean herself and wondered
if she was here for any good reason other than hunting. Did she come to Wildwood
in search of a home? Or was she looking for someone? Or for an adventure?
He asked
himself these questions then turned his head to look to the forest for any signs of danger.

So why'd you come to Wildwood? I don't mean to pry into your personal life. I'm just
a little curious." He continued watching for danger. "You don't have to answer if you don't
want to." He finished and turned his orange gaze back to Shadowstorm.

[/dohtml]

Forever Alone Until I met You...... - Shadowstorm - Jun 26, 2012

Shadowstorm watched him. Is he a makebate? She pondered the question and smiled a bit. "I'm just here because I was born here, I really have no where else to go, Wildwood is my home." she replied, her voice steady like the whistling wind, checking up on her in the distance. "Why did you come to Wildwood? Other then to join a pack of course. Did you have another motive behind it?" she asked, her voice fearfully calm.

He seems nice, why is he so nice? She wondered. She kept thinking back to her brother, Shadow would be proud to be here with me, why did it all have to happen. It happened so fast. Those wolves, I swear I will find them and rip their hearts, if they had them, out of their chests and laugh as they went through the agony. Like I did, barely alive for weeks on end.

"So why are you so far from home. Grizzly Hollow's pack territory isn't any where near here." she observed. He hasn't separated from the pack, I'm sure by how he stands. He stands with dominance. She remembered how her brother stood with dominance. No, he clearly stated that he was still a member of the pack, but what IS he doing so far from the pack territory? His behavior is odd, it's like he isn't part of a pack, but he is. It's slightly confusing me now. Maybe he's acting like a pack member but is respecting my right to be here since it's not on pack territory?

OOC: Oops, OK :)

Forever Alone Until I met You...... - Follko - Jun 27, 2012

[dohtml]

"I came to Wildwood because my first pack, my parents
pack, was getting very boring to live in. I was young back
then I guess. I felt like adventure was waiting just outside the packs borders.
And I did have fun on my own but after the years went by being alone just
wasn't fun anymore. I was lonely with no one with me." He gave maybe too long
of an answer but at least she knew his back story. Follko guessed she hadn't
told him anything either and kept her past mostly secret.

Why am I so far away from Grizzly Hollow? He asked himself echoing her question.
"Honestly, I don't know why I 'm so far away from Grizzly Hollow. Guess I just have
a touch of wanderlust. " He answered ruefully. She might as well know. He had no clue
why he'd come out here. To see the rest of Wildwood he had not yet explored?
Or maybe just to get away from the pups back at the den for a while.

"Hey do you ever get the feeling that some things were meant to just, happen?" He
asked her quietly while turning his head to look up at the sky.

[/dohtml]

Forever Alone Until I met You...... - Shadowstorm - Jul 06, 2012

“Yes, I understand how it is to be lonely, I've been alone since before I can remember. My parents and brother died by the hands of other 'stray wolves' and I've been alone ever since. It's a good thing my brother taught me to hunt or I wouldn't have had the pleasure of meeting you. Are you an agemate? I can't quite tell but you look to be about my age.” she said with a bit of pride. Am I asking too much? Will he get a bit defensive and attack for asking him this? I hope not, I do not wish to fight with this wolf. Even I know when to back down. But this I'm not sure of.
“Of course, you don't have to answer, I'm just curious. Your the first wolf who hasn't bit my head off for being in near them.” she said, basically reinforced the fact he didn't have to answer. She tensed up a bit and hit her back left ankle on a rock, she held in a brief yowl, the pain went away fast, Will it be enough? It's not serious is it? No, it can't be! It was just a twist. She knew it could be serious, it hurt to put weight on, I must stay strong in front of this wolf, always! I can't let my guard down. Agemate or not. Nice or not. Off his pack territory or not, this wolf can be dangerous. She knew for a fact then, it was more serious, but she pushed it back and shifted her weight, keeping it off the injured leg.

Forever Alone Until I met You...... - Follko - Jul 07, 2012

[dohtml]

Follko dipped his head in agreement. She did seem about his age.
That was probably the reason he was so interested in her. She wasn't some
prissy young wolf who was ignorant of the world. This female knew many experiences
just as he had. Follko was quite taken by her. He charmingly smiled at the lady.
"Well.. we might be about the same age. Though I must say you don't look past the
age of four." He tried to get her feeling good about herself. Complimenting a girl
was always a good thing to do when trying to make friends with them.

He watched as her leg came down wrongly against a rock. Had she already been
injured? Perhaps during her previous hunt it happened? He didn't know.
"Are you okay miss?" He kept himself in his spot not wanting her to feel threatened.
An injury for a loner was almost a death sentence if the injury was bad enough.
Most wolves would try to hide any injuries or weakness from others. Follko could see that
she was doing this now. Trying to hide her pain. But his sharp experienced eyes
could spot the weakness. He stayed quiet waiting for her to either answer him
saying she was hurt, or for her to deny it. Whether she's injured or not maybe I should
help her out a little?
He wondered if there was anything she would accept help with.
Follko doubted she would want his help with much of anything in her condition.

[/dohtml]