Ruins of Wildwood
Willow Ridge Willow Ridge Pack Thread - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore IX (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=176)
+---- Thread: Willow Ridge Willow Ridge Pack Thread (/showthread.php?tid=2577)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Apr 18, 2014

There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health

RE: Willow Ridge Pack Thread - Angier - Apr 26, 2014

April 26th; Early afternoon; Partly Cloudy; 43° F/6° C

Much like the day before, when Sköll had taken the head from the catfish he had just freshly caught, Angier returned to Willow Ridge with another headless fish. It was much smaller than the last, but he was certain Elettra or any of the other ladies of Willow Ridge would appreciate it, whether it had a head or not. Guiness, he had always known (and assumed), could take care of himself, and it was his intent to bring his four-pound prize to someone who needed it. So, to the pack den he hastily went, his stocky limbs bringing him to his destination as expected.

The cubs - or, rather, yearlings - were out enjoying the partially sunny afternoon it seemed, and to that Angier gave an approving nod. Good. The trio could always use some exercise, even if that meant they were causing trouble elsewhere or exploring where they knew they shouldn't have been (somewhere in the Marsh when he had just left it, or trespassing on Whisper Caverns' pack territory). Hoping to save himself some time, so that he could return to the shallows where he had caught the fish, he dug a shallow hole to the left of the den entrance and deposited the meager meal within it before covering it back up with a couple kicks of his hind paws.

Whoever wanted it could have it, but for now, he was on a mission to retrieve another and deliver it to Elettra (and the heirs she harbored within her abdomen)...

(exit.)

RE: Willow Ridge Pack Thread - Xetor - May 05, 2014

[dohtml]

The young Archer had already started working just as Angier had wanted him to. Earlier that morning he had headed out to some meadow to the south west of the willow forest looking for potential area's to collect herbs from. Xetor had hit the jackpot and found three herbs in one place, though he only had room enough to take one herb bundle back at a time.

Right now he carried ergot covered barley into the central area of the pack. The only problem was that he had no idea where the den exactly was. Nor did the young male know where the herbs were supposed to be placed. Unfortunately for him Tor didn't know that @Elettra was using the medicine den as her birthing den as well.

So he wandered a bout pausing every so often to look for some place to stick his herbs. He had no clue that he was around the backside of the main den just barely missing its entrance as he wandered about. Eventually the male gave up his search and placed the ergot in the crook of the nearest willow tree (unknowingly 3 or 4 feet away from El's den) and hid the herbs there before heading back out to retrieve the other bundle of goldenrod that had been left at the edge of the willows and hush meadow. Noting the scents of many wolves other than Angier and Sorya's smells Tor let his tail wagged slowly as he makes his way out of the central area of willow ridge territory.

(exit for now) -Anyone welcome to find his herbs and move them-

[/dohtml]

RE: Willow Ridge Pack Thread - Octavius - Aug 27, 2014

A set of lengthy limbs and a curious mind were usually no match for a growing cub and the now pulchritudious Octavius Percival Lyall Aquila was no exception. While his mother had gone off on one of her rare excursions, the rust-furred boy crept out from beneath the willow tree that was his designated play place (a safe zone, as Taima typically called it). Tail tucked between his legs with his large ears back against the nape of his neck, his wide golden eyes stared as he stuck his head out beyond the yellow and green veil that cascaded from the willow branches around him.

He had heard some of the yips and barks that sounded out from the heart of the territory - the type of ruckus that could have been made by him if there had been maybe two or three copies of him. It had often pulled him from his naps and distracted him from his own single-player games; and, now that he had the chance he was going to check it all out now that his mother wasn't around to particularly keep him close.

He wasn't going to be gone long, he had silently told himself; he was just going to take a peek and see for himself if the sounds he had heard were really coming from individuals as old as himself. The first step out-of-bounds had been tough, with him constantly placing and replacing his right forepaw outside of the willow branches that established his boundaries, but once he was fully free of the verdant fronds, he found himself moving forward, tugged along with desire and a need to know if there was anyone near to play with.

Once Gus had come within a stone's throw away from the main Willow Ridge den, he stopped, the distinct scent of pack - the dried plants and unearthed mud among a number of musky lupine scents - stung at his nose. He bit back a whimper; perhaps this had been a bad, bad idea. Immediately, he backed up, fully uncomfortable with how the proximity to such a place made the hairs along his neck and shoulders stand up on end. When he thought he had seen a glimpse of sleek black fur between the trees, he panicked and, without another sound, turned around and started heading back from where he had come from.

One day he would come back to check it all out again, but today was just not that day...

[exit.]

RE: Willow Ridge Pack Thread - Xetor - Oct 10, 2014

[dohtml]

Xetor picked up the herbs that had again been left out front of Elettra's den. He could tell by the scent that covered the pile of scrub pine that Titan had left them there, and had obeyed Tor's command to not go into Elettra's den. It had almost become a daily ritual of picking up herbs at the dens entrance that Titan had left for El and himself. Though some days there were no herbs to collect. Xetor sighed. He had to give the kid credit, he was persistent and enthusiastic despite not gaining a teacher yet. Xetor hadn't asked around for this Adelaide wolf that Titan had mentioned. However the rest of the female scents he knew around here and nobody else other than he, Elettra, Angier, and Titan had the scent of herbs on them. So Tor guessed that this Adelaide bitch was one of the wolves who had joined the pack, stayed for a while, and then left without a word. Wolves who did this irked the dark Archer, though he did sympathize with them a bit. Sometimes life just happens and you got to leave, and sometimes it means leaving without saying goodbye. Kind of like how he left the empire.

He had thought a bit about what to do with the new dark coated yearling who had come from the neighboring pack. If the wolf who was supposed to teach him wasn't here then the job would fall to either him or Elettra. Xetor wasn't positive if El even had the time to train an apprentice, and he certainly hated the idea of it. So what was he to do?

Tor snagged the tree pieces from their resting place then pushed his way into the den. They had been low on scrub pine, and this contribution would certainly help bolster the medicinal den's stock for the coming winter.

"speech"

[/dohtml]

RE: Willow Ridge Pack Thread - Elettra - Jan 18, 2015

[ I decided to go ahead and make this a quick thread here, Nams . I hope that is okay. This is mainly for @Sorya only, as it is back-dated from the first week of January, giving reason of Elettra's drop in leadership due to checks. ]

"Sorya." Her sister's name was grumbled from her throat lowly, as her body shifted through the dim lighting as she entered the pack's cave den as the day outside began to turn into nightfall. She knew her sister had to be within these confines, granted the strength and newness of her scent, though she called out to her as she came in to be sure of herself. "I have to leave." She admits, mumbling to the darkness as she sits, her silver attention shifting about the small cave's walls as she adjusted her eyes to the lesser lighting. "Its likely @Angier will not approve of my going out on my own during this time of year..." She was better off telling her mate she was sorry for leaving then to firstly ask permission and have him attempt to sway her ways - with having words like his, would be possible. "...But I wont stand by while another child of mine is missing, not again." It was torment not to go out and seek Deacon before, but thought it best to keep to the pack lands and keep an eye on the borders there for his return whilst others went out. This time, during the winter, she was far less patient. "I trust you to ensure the pack's safety and order while I am gone. I should only be a few days." It is the last of her words as she searches for her sister's expression, waiting her words.

RE: Willow Ridge Pack Thread - Sorya - Jan 18, 2015

[dohtml]

A voice called for herself and Sorya quickly recognized it as her eldest sister and leader, Elettra. Her ears perked up as she rose, slowly drifting forwards towards the call. Elettra started to speak just as she had come face to face with her sister. Instantly something was off. The matriarch said she had to leave. Intently Sorya listened to what her sister had to say and noted everything. El was going to find Greer and she wasn't going to let Angier stop her. Sor nodded. "I can keep the fort down here Elettra. Just go do what you need to do and Godspeed. Your throne will be same as ever when you return." The words were murmured from the youngest Archer child were meant as a comfort.

Sorya had remained relaxed and calm. She had been searching for Greer but given the fact that she was the only Guardian named in the pack, she could not stray too far from pack lands. She was surprised that Skoll and Morgana had not already been sent out in search of the missing child. Sorya had not talked to Greer often. "Will you take no one with you?" Concern was in her tone. She wanted to make sure that Elettra would return home safe and on time. Otherwise Sorya would surely start to worry about things like how she was doing and where she was. Vaguely, in the back of her head, she wondered why this security was not posed to Nicolo or Adele despite Sor's higher ranking.

[/dohtml]

RE: Willow Ridge Pack Thread - Elettra - Jan 20, 2015

A small smiled moved over Elettra's expression at Sorya's agreement. Granted the fact that both @Nicolò and @Adele were older then her in their parents litter, Sorya was still the Second within the pack and the Guardian amongst them, fitting enough to do just that and be a Second and Guard whilst Elettra was gone. Besides, though she was younger, she had also lived here longer, not only knowing the ways of Torbine's born wolves, but the ways of Willow Ridge as well. "No, I need no distractions and nothing to slow me down." Though she was sure there were plenty within the ranks that could keep up with her, if not more swift then herself, Elettra did not want to have to worry about their own safety as well when she probably should not even be traveling far off herself. "Besides, we need as many wolves here at home that we can. Prey is scarce so were on full-time hunting duty if not keeping the scavengers away..." She speaks lowly before shrugging her shoulders and offering a small sigh, which stirred the cold air before her parted jaws. Turning her attention about the pack's den site to see if anyone else was in the area, she would then focus her attention back to her young sister, eyes stern. "I will come back.." She would assure her before turning off with every intention to dash from the pack lands before anyone got whiff of what she was getting herself into.

RE: Willow Ridge Pack Thread - Enoki - Jan 23, 2015

Dated for 1/22
[dohtml]

A swarthy silhouette padded along the outskirts of the pack den, amber eyes scanning the immediate area for the signs of any fellow pack mate that happened to stroll by since scent could not be relied on alone with so many constantly mingling with each other, both old and new. A quick joust of her head into the darkened den itself revealed no presence dwelling within, though the scent of the pups remained strong. Perhaps the little princes had decided to go out for a romp in the fresh powder that mother nature dusted the lore with. Receding her ebony crown from the darkness her gaze fell to the snow that lay at her paws, tiny tracks leading away from the den that could only belong to the little royals. Maybe it would be a good idea to check on the rapidly growing youngsters and make sure they weren't getting into anymore trouble. The last thing they needed was to have the dark queen worried over her precious pups again before the heart of winter had a chance to pay its visit.

Lowering her muzzle to the set of tracks she sniffed then exhaled hard enough to cause the particles of snow and dandruff to fling into the air, better enabling her to hone in on their individual colognes making tracking them a little easier despite the snow that would hinder their scents due to the moisture. The scents still appeared to be fresh, an hour at most and following the tracks with her eyes they didn't seem to have wandered off to the point it would take long to find them. "Better go see what mischief they're into now." She spoke lowly to herself before trudging off, snow drifts crunching beneath her paws with each step she took. Being in good spirits that day maybe she would rough house with the little princes and teach them how to jump in piles of snow. Snow jumping was always a fun game she liked to play when she was a pup back within the Calarosa Mountains and even as she grew older she managed to find time to jump in a pile or two over the passing winters. She only hoped the pups didn't think themselves too old now to play such games.    

[/dohtml]

RE: Willow Ridge Pack Thread - Deacon - Jan 23, 2015

He hadn't wondered that far but he had certainly be gone long. The oldest Archer-Lyall had gone to circle the borders following his father, and occasionally brother's (Skoll's) trail, for just some walking and exploring. He would visit his favorite places before heading back to the den. Today wasn't his day for exploring. It was much to snowy for him to even think about leaving the borders without perhaps Sorya and or @Enoki by his side.

Heading pack to the general pack den he caught sight of one of his favorite wolves. Enoki! Picking up his pace he trotted forward to her. When close enough the boy tucked his tail and offered her a lick on the chin. She'd had been one of the wolves who had been there when he was still young. Unlike some who had come and gone. "Hey Enoki! Hope you weren't about to go bother looking for me," He paused to let out a little laugh. "I was only following my dad's trail on the borders. It's too snowy out there for even me to dare go adventure! Don't wanna get lost again." Taking a seat down in front of the bi-colored wolf he admired her features. She was truly a beautiful wolf, of course when he said this he meant it like he thought of his mother. A strong, beautiful, hard-working woman.

"Hey, um, maybe we could go for a walk? I really just wanna get out of here but I figured I should ask first due to all this crazy weather and yeah." The Archer-Lyall Prince made a small little smile and looked down at his paws. Hopefully Miss Enoki wouldn't mind taking him out for a bit. Even if just to go around the borders again.