Ruins of Wildwood
Secluded Spring Memories that cannot fade with the healers herbs - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore III (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Thread: Secluded Spring Memories that cannot fade with the healers herbs (/showthread.php?tid=2816)

Pages: 1 2

Memories that cannot fade with the healers herbs - Shadowstorm - Aug 15, 2012

[dohtml]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/ShadowstormTable.png);
background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 165px;
padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">

Shadowstorm had all sorts of aches and pains, mainly in her leg which was still broken. She was with Nina, the Copper Rock Creek healer. The one who had similarties and differences to her own. It reminded her of her past. She thought of telling Nina, couldn't quite find the right words to say. She wanted to talk of her abuse, training, what her father believed. How he beat the beliefs into Shade and Shadowstorm. How they died. How her father beat her mother as well. But she couldn't talk. It just hurt too much. She knew what she had to say. Had it all figured out in her head.

"My tale isn't heroic, or nice as your history I'm sure. But I'll tell you anyways since you're my healer, and the one who I've done wrong. Maybe you'll understand the crazy words I said by learning of my past. I was born to a destinct pair of Lone Wolves that to be honest. Hated other wolves. My brother Shade and I started training to survive in a place far from Relic Lore called Death Pine Forest. The first lesson my father taught us, even though I now, after seeing the strength of packs, was Packs are weak, bottomfeeding losers that couldn't take care of themselves, so they hung together and shared food. He specifically told us never to join a pack, or we would taint our blood line. MY brother tried to object as he was the more reasonable one, my father beat him. I tried to get him to stop, he beat me. My father was a cruel, mean steel wall. Whenever I did something wrong, he beat me as a punishment. My mother eventually stepped in, conquering her fear of my father. She was too beaten. It got worse. During my final 'test' , a hunting assignment before I was to go off an live my life. My mother and fahter were attacked by a group of two or three lone wolves. Out of fright, I ran for his life. I thought all my family to be dead. My grandparents gone. My father was an only child, same as my mum as far as I know, I thought my brother Shade was in dead. But truth is I cannot really confirm that theory.

The words were so clear in her head. They still made the memories never fade. Not even the healers herbs could fix the emotional scarring she had. The only words she could manage was an apology. "I'm sorry for what I said earlier, I was wrong to be rude and throw some ungrateful terms around. It's something that no one except maybe my brother could undertand my reasons for saying what I did. I really am grateful for you and your packs help." She said. Truth also was that she was a major bi-polar wolf. She acted differently and it was annoying every wolf. Especially Shadowstorm herself.

[/dohtml]

Memories that cannot fade with the healers herbs - Nina - Aug 18, 2012

NOTE: This is before the pack flood.

[dohtml]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png);
background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px;
padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-
align:justify;">
After the long trek back to their denning area, Nina had been granted with the award of staying with their newest cast away. She hadn’t made it onto Nina’s good side, but it didn’t seem to matter any longer. They were going to be spending much time together and she was going to need Sloane’s help. . .but that would only occur if he would be willing to help her. As she lie down across from Shadowstorm her tongue grazed over her pelt repeatedly. Ever since she had hurt her leg, it had become increasingly easy to get messy, and Nina had taken in upon herself to make sure she looked good for her superiors, not that she had many of them anymore. . .she no longer had to look up to all of them. Sloane and her were now equals, and Nina was highly satisfied with the fact that Pakuna had became second, even though it meant that Volkan had unfortunately disappeared.

When she finished her own grooming she turned back towards the lone wolf, her head laying lazily on her paws as she stared at her. But after awhile, her good eye closed and she breathed in the fresh air. The fresh scent of the spring flooded towards her nostrils and she couldn’t help the large sigh of relief that escaped her. . .she was home. Even though Koda would not be with her, it was worth having a family who would have her back every step of the way. Her peace was interrupted by a voice that could only be the older female’s. And her eyes opened as she stared at the midnight black female once again. If she was trying to make peace with the Copper Creek wolves then Nina was pleased. At least the girl had an ounce of sense within her. "It is quite alright,"she would say, "It was the right thing to do, to help you."
[/dohtml]

Memories that cannot fade with the healers herbs - Shadowstorm - Aug 20, 2012

Note that a lot of this will be Shadowstorm trying to tell Nina of her past and stuff

[dohtml]
background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 165px;

All Shadowstorm had heard of the injured fae was 'it's ok, it was the right thing to help you.' But it wasn't OK! Shadowstorm wanted to scream inside. She was furious. Not at Copper Rock Creek. Not her mother. Or her father. Not Shade, but at herself. She'd put up with her families pride for so long. Not willing to give it up. She should have just dropped the lessons and beliefs of the Slayer line when she ran from the lone wolves in the first place. But she didn't. She finally found the courage to say something. "I know I can trust you Nina, but the question is if you can trust me. I wouldn't be surprised if you never trusted me again. But I think you need to know my story."

"Since you're my healer, and the one who I've done wrong. Maybe you'll understand the crazy words I said by learning of my past. I was born to a destinct pair of Lone Wolves that to be honest. Hated other wolves. My brother Shade and I started training to survive in a place far from Relic Lore called Death Pine Forest. The first lesson my father taught us, even though I now, after seeing the strength of packs, was Packs are weak, bottomfeeding losers that couldn't take care of themselves, so they hung together and shared food. He specifically told us never to join a pack, or we would taint our blood line. MY brother tried to object as he was the more reasonable one, my father beat him. I tried to get him to stop, he beat me. My father was a cruel, mean steel wall. Whenever I did something wrong, he beat me as a punishment. My mother eventually stepped in, conquering her fear of my father. She was too beaten. It got worse. During my final 'test' , a hunting assignment before I was to go off an live my life. My mother and fahter were attacked by a group of two or three lone wolves. Out of fright, I ran for his life. I thought all my family to be dead. My grandparents gone. My father was an only child, same as my mum as far as I know, I thought my brother Shade was in dead. But truth is I cannot really confirm that theory. He wasn't there when the lone wolves were. I never saw his dead body. But it would be crazy to think I'd find him."

As she said that, she knew the memories would never fade. The herbs were useless except to heal an injury she could live with. She could not live with the injuries she'd experianced. The ones that the scars had faded to almost nothing. The injuries that had healed hurt her the most.

[/dohtml]

Memories that cannot fade with the healers herbs - Nina - Aug 23, 2012

[dohtml]
background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px;
After awhile, the fact that their conversation wasn’t over only caused the healer to listen more, her ears pricked at the words the black female was saying. She would not be rude but would simply listen politely and if she had anything to add then she would, but for the time being, her emerald eye remained solely on the older woman. Her tail curled around her side in an instant and her head tilted as the words poured into the golden fae’s ears. It seemed as though the black woman was giving Nina her back story and though the girl did not fully trust Shadowstorm yet, the piece of her history was highly appreciated. No one was thought of to be perfect in any aspect, but everyone chose their destiny in which their fate had given them.

When she finished the golden brown lady kept an open mind to her words. She could not truly understand what Shadowstorm was going through, but she could understand parts of what it was. And she even thought she might have something to help calm the nerves and possibly get rid of the horrid sights that might have been plaguing her. It reminded Nina briefly of the wise little pup, Cessair, the girl had the brains that Nina had not known she possessed, but had some back for Nina for some advice on what could help with flashbacks. . .and the healer had done the best she could.

Her jaws then parted and she spoke calmly, "Trust is something you earn. . .only time can tell how that will lay out, Shadowstorm. As for your history. . .I cannot begin to imagine what you had gone though, nor will I understand it. . . Though I can collect some concepts from the information given. I believe I could help you with the distress or fears. . .I might even have some herbs nearby or in the den where I would be able to get something that could help. . ."
[/dohtml]

Memories that cannot fade with the healers herbs - Shadowstorm - Aug 23, 2012

[dohtml]

"Trust is something you earn. . .only time can tell how that will lay out, Shadowstorm. As for your history. . .I cannot begin to imagine what you had gone though, nor will I understand it. . . Though I can collect some concepts from the information given. I believe I could help you with the distress or fears. . .I might even have some herbs nearby or in the den where I would be able to get something that could help. . ." Shadowstorm knew she wouldn't completely understand her situation. But Shadowstorm had allowed other healers to try and help. They all tried excessive amounts of herbs. These scars were to deep to be fished out with herbs.

"Nina, I understand I have to earn your guys trust back, and I appreciate you're offer. But others have tried. Before I arrived in relic lore. I'd seen many healers. They all tried ecsessive amounts of herbs. These fears, memories cannot be healed with healers herbs. They must heal with time. There is one last thing you should know. Not even a family member would know this, because I just recently got a name of this, I am bi-polar. But that is just my explanation for my shifty personality." She said, it stung, just to think of everything. She was one messed up wolf. All these problems handed down the Slayer line.

[/dohtml]

Memories that cannot fade with the healers herbs - Nina - Aug 25, 2012

[dohtml]
Her paws shuffled beneath her as her words were being denied. . .straight to her face. She wasn’t like most other healers. . .she had remedies for the mind. . .as well as for physical needs. . .but she was mostly in the soul and mind compartment when it came to herbal remedies. Her head cocked to the side curiously as she listened to the female’s words. She knew what bi-polar meant. . .she was sure she had a friend back at home with the same problem. . .but her teacher had also taught her many things. . .that being one of them. Her tail curled up behind her ears raising. Dominance was not something she displayed regularly, mainly because she had been lowest. . .but now she had equals and another was below her. She wasn’t one to usually get mad about something. . .but the fact that another had denied her own knowledge didn’t fail to tick her off.

His fur remained still though, for her ears would soon lower, and it would just seem as though she had heard something and quickly perked her ears. Nothing that would be a bother for her or any of her other pack mates or patient in front of her. The words she spoke would not make any difference in the argument. . .but they were stated in a matter of fact tone, "All healers have a different way of doing things. Memories will never fade. . .but the stress can be numbed. Nor will memories heal. . .never completely. . .they can mend, but they will always be at the back of your mind, itching your brain. . .and then when your most vulnerable, they will come around to bite you in the behind!"
[/dohtml]

Memories that cannot fade with the healers herbs - Shadowstorm - Aug 25, 2012

Sorry for the lameness of this post.
[dohtml]

Shadowstorm saw Nina's tail curled up behind her ears raising. "All healers have a different way of doing things. Memories will never fade. . .but the stress can be numbed. Nor will memories heal. . .never completely. . .they can mend, but they will always be at the back of your mind, itching your brain. . .and then when your most vulnerable, they will come around to bite you in the behind!" Shadowstorm knew then that she lost this discussion. Nina had the right to try anything and everything she wanted to stop the elusive nightmares in Shadowstorm now.

"I guess I don't have a choice do I Nina?" She asked, but then saw something odd. Nina lowered her dominant stance. It was very odd of her indeed. "I also presume that if all healers have different meathods then it wouldn't hurt to seek help from another healer, that is if you are okay with doing this. You've already helped so much." She said calmly.

[/dohtml]

Memories that cannot fade with the healers herbs - Nina - Aug 26, 2012

[dohtml]
Her ears twitched when the smaller female’s voice reached her. She was filled with satisfaction as her patient complied with her wishes. . .or in the most confusing way possible, but it would still work. Nina was not a fabulist and she would tell Shadowstorm the truth. Her dreams would never truly go away and they would stay rooted in place but there were herbs that could calm them down slightly. . .she had recently done the same thing for young Cessair. Her butt was still planted on the ground as she stared at Shadowstorm. It was her job to make the black girl as comfortable as possible.

That was why when her jaws opened the truth came out of them, "Your dreams cannot go away, but I may have something to calm them slightly." She knew the correct term would have been nightmares but her brain had so many things running though it at the moment, she didn’t bother correcting her own terms. . .besides. . .there really wasn’t anything called a nightmare, only a bad dream. Her tail swished behind her patiently as she awaited the other girl’s words.
[/dohtml]

Memories that cannot fade with the healers herbs - Shadowstorm - Aug 26, 2012

[dohtml]

"Your dreams cannot go away, but I may have something to calm them slightly." Shadowstorm understood this. Nina was an excellent healer. Not some fabulist with the need to make people miserable. No, it was not like Nina to do such a thing. Shadowstorm had complete faith in the young healer. For it was the young healers job to make sure Shadowstorm was to walk again, without dificulty so Shadowstorm could hunt for the pack and prove her worth, the rude fae liked it here.

"I understand Nina, I know that you will do you're best. As usual." She said, a small smile creeping onto her face. She hadn't smiled in a long long time. But for some reason, she smiled a friendly smile at Nina, the last truely friendly smile had left when she left her parents bodies.

Shadowstorm zoned out, her eyes dulling as a 'daymare' over came her. Shadowstorm was in her own personal hell. She was alone, trapped in a cave that had no exit. She was stuck with her dad. She was leader of a pack and stuck with her dad which made it worse. Her dad was her worst nightmare. He talked, was the only one capable of moving his jaws. The only one who could move. She stiffened with fright for a moment of two. Before she knew it, her entire body frozen. She had a sort of body lock. Her father lunged after a long speech on how much of disgrace she'd brought to the Slayer line. He'd given her the last name Coaten for further disgrace. Turns out her father was once known as Coaten. Born into a pack, found the name a disgrace and connected it with packs. He attacked her while her body was still locked in place. Attacking, and maiming her. Until she was barely alive. He spat on her and walked away proud now of his work. Going to find Shade. She still couldn't speak. Her head screaming thoughts to keep him away from Shade. Shadowstorm then returned to the reality, Nina there and all was well.

[/dohtml]

Memories that cannot fade with the healers herbs - Nina - Aug 27, 2012

[dohtml]
Her tail curled around her side as she smiled at the older wolf. Though she was younger, it seemed that even she had more sense than the black female. The words that came out of Shadowstorm’s mouth brought a small nod of thanks from Nina, before she sat up on both of her front paws and slide into a sitting position. Her mouth curled into a polite smile, "Not today though, for we are going to do some therapy for your leg! Up and at them!" Her tail wagged behind her comfortably.

Therapy was probably the best thing she could do with Shadowstorm was therapy. For it helped her and her patient. In all honesty, Nina was overjoyed that Ruiko had allowed the rude fae into their pack for healing. . .but she hadn’t been officially welcomed, she would have to prove herself, and the deal that had been made was that if Shadowstorm bothered Nina, or any of her other pack mates, she was to be put out. . .but Nina had no problem with the black woman. At least, at the moment she didn’t.
[/dohtml]