Ruins of Wildwood
Thicket of Secrets Ships in the Night - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore III (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Thread: Thicket of Secrets Ships in the Night (/showthread.php?tid=3129)

Pages: 1 2

Ships in the Night - Isen - Oct 31, 2012

[dohtml]
http://i.imgur.com/9LNW1.jpg);
background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:368px;
padding-bottom: 40px; padding-left: 60px; padding-right: 60px;">

Midnight

Cool and arid weather

About 69 degrees Fahrenheit

Isen's eyes steadied as she hunted her prey, her ears perked up to attention. She listened as she heard mice scuttle around the forest floor. She'd need something bigger then that. Voles made loud noises, the: Thud, thud, thud of they're footsteps heard for a while around. Her eyes closing in on they're source. She'd never been the best at hunting, but she'd survived two years without her parents. Without a pack so she couldn't have been all that bad. She went into her hunters crouch, her tail levitating behind her, no higher then her spine. Her eyes keened in, her pawsteps light as she approached her target. As a lone wolf, food was between life and death, this she knew.

The winds howled around her, making the volant leaves and trees rustle in the distance. She leapt at her prey, but as she sprang the voles heard her, diving for cover. She missed one by lass then a step. She growled at her incompetence. She listened again, wondering if she'd ever again find a pack. Her last pack had been great... until it happened. The leaders slaughtered, the remaining pup of the litter kicked out of the pack. She'd left as the aunt had risen to power. It broke her heart to find nothing left to aim for. She was indeed Ashanti's older sister. She was in search for her. When she became a full adult she had gone to search. But the trail had been washed away. Leaving nothing left but an instinct to find her.

She wandered the dangerous thicket alone. Unsure if she'd have to fight to the death tonight. Stars shot across the night sky as she looked up. It was a sign, from Aranna. It was her mother. She was close. She could feel it.
"Speech goes between these."

[/dohtml]

Ships in the Night - Nina - Nov 20, 2012

OOC: Ohmergerd. It would be funny if Nina looked like their mom. it would explain Ashi's close attachment to her. Sorry it took me so long to get this in. <3

[dohtml]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png);
background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px;
padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-
align:justify;">
Strong legs pushed through the thickets, power clear in the steps and posture that the young wolf possessed. Little did the others know, that she was probably one of the most kind hearted wolves one could find out in the wilderness. The golden brown female could barely stand being rude to another of her kind. Ears pricked and tail high, the wolf would shoulder her way around thorns sticking out of bushes, keeping her one good eye on the things going on around her. Her blind side truly did give her problems. She couldn’t see anything on her right side, causing her head to sometimes swoop to the side to keep a watch out, otherwise she would usually use her ears to keep her in tune with her surroundings.

The scampering of little feet drummed in her ear and she was shocked to see a vole, heading straight towards her. It didn’t seem like it was paying much attention to what it was going though, for Nina simply lifted a paw and slammed it, gently, onto the tail of the thing, before her reflexes took care of the rest. Her jaws immediately opened and neck shot down until her jaws close around the body of the vole. Adrenaline pushed through her veins a the taste of blood. . .fresh blood. Nina could not the remember the last time she had made the kill for a meal. It hadn’t been since. . .since her attack. Her ears twitched slightly as she picked up the vole and started forward, a small familiar form coming into view. Tasting the air quickly, Nina confused herself, the scent was unrecognizable.
[/dohtml]

Ships in the Night - Isen - Nov 20, 2012

(I just realized in my history, only Ashi changed her last name. So Isen's real last name is what she calls Ashi. Anyways, I think it would be funny for Isen to mistake her for they're mother :D)
[dohtml]

Isen's eyes darted as she scented yet another scent. But this, this was different. It was a wolf's scent. She smelled a faint scent of Ashanti, she must had gone through a while back. The older Ashai girl looked for her younger sister because she's all that Isen had left. Jet had passed as far as she knew. All of the younger siblings except Ashi had passed on to Aranna. "Who in the name of Aranna is there? Have you seen my sister? Ashanti Ashai." She called out looking through the thicket for the scent.

She came face to face with the girl. Her eyes widened and before she could really grasp the situation, she saw her mother. Not the fae that was close to Ashanti. She saw her mother, Eva Ashai. "M-M-mom? Is that you?" she asked a bit shocked. She backed up, her eyes still wide with confusion. There was a faint scent of her sisters.

[/dohtml]

Ships in the Night - Nina - Nov 20, 2012

[dohtml]
background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px;
Her strong, powerful legs pushed forward, the shape of another bringing her green gaze upon her steadily. The words that came out of the older woman’s mouth brought surprise to Nina’s eyes. She was sure that in her gut, the woman was talking about the other little girl that Nina had welcomed into the pack. She had never mentioned anything about having a sister…perhaps she was under the same thing that the golden brown fae had been. If this girl was here to hurt her then Nina would easily take her off, even if she did end up hurting herself in the process. Before the healer had anything to say she the brown lady added something in. The words took Nina away from herself, shock registering in her gaze, and for the first time since the disbandment of Copper Rock Creek, she stuttered.

"I…I, what? No, I‘m Nina Reinier." Confusion hissed in the pit of her stomach, giving her the urge to throw up her lunch. She had never been mistaken for another wolf before…had it been her injuries…or something other than that? She was not a mother…as much as the thought intrigued her. Little Koda and Nina’s running around, the thought was tempting. Otherwise, she had never had a mate, and never would have thought about having pups so far. So what was different this time?
[/dohtml]

Ships in the Night - Isen - Nov 21, 2012

[dohtml]

Isen frowned as she looked more closely at the fae. She just had looked so much like Eva, but Isen never noticed the scars.She only saw Eva in Nina. Until Nina spoke. She knew the voice wasn't the same. "I apologize, the fur, it reminds me of my mother. but it's impossible because she's dead. I was wondering. Ashanti, she might have changed her last name or something. To hide herself and her identity. Her name is Ashanti, she's white furred, light blue eyes. Please... she's all I have left. I ave to find her." She pleaded for help. She needed to find Ashanti. She needed to find her sister.

Her eyes zoning in horror as her life flashed before her. Her mum and da's death. Her brother Jet's passing. The murder of the pups who refused to leave. Ashanti was smart, she knew her time in Aranna was not yet arriving and she left. She would continue the Ashai name. "My name is Isen Ashai." She said, her eyes calm as she hoped the description rang a bell.

[/dohtml]

Ships in the Night - Nina - Nov 21, 2012

[dohtml]
When the reassurance was given to her, the golden brown healer relaxed, the muscles in her shoulders unhinging themselves. She was glad to see the older woman seeing the difference between her and their mother. When Ashanti’s name come up again, Nina was about to shake her head when the description came into place. The way she described the smaller girl, it would have been as though she had been standing right next to her. Nina’s ears twitched slightly, her ears pricked forward. Hadn’t Isen said something about Aranna? That was Ashanti’s last name, they were definitely talking about the same person.

Clearing her throat quickly, Nina responded, her tone short and crisp, "Yes. I know of her. Ashanti is traveling with me to start my new pack. I could call her if you wish?" The golden brown female would watch the others reaction careful. She sure as heck was not letting the two siblings meet each other without her there, just to make sure there was no funny business. She also wanted to make sure the younger girl would be okay with it.
[/dohtml]

Ships in the Night - Isen - Nov 22, 2012

[dohtml]

"Yes. I know of her. Ashanti is traveling with me to start my new pack. I could call her if you wish?" Isen nodded gratefully, she was so close to re-uniting with her sister. "Could you please? I miss her so much. She's all I have left. My aunt, she took control of the pack we were born into and killed everyone who would not submit. Ashanti left in the middle of the night and I would have gone with her, but alas I was being 'talked to' by my aunt and she was about to kill me when I left. She is all I have left." She was completely sincere. She waited for her sister. She missed her, maybe it appeared that Ashanti had changed her name truly.

Isen looked around. A pack here would be secluded, secret. "So your looking to start a pack.... would you have room in your pack for one more by a chance?" She asked, Nina seemed like a nice fae to hang with. If Ashanti approved enough to help her start a pack, then Isen knew she was a good wolf to hang with. It put Nina very high in Isen's book.

[/dohtml]

Ships in the Night - Nina - Nov 22, 2012

[dohtml]
When the others response she nodded her head, the next words that would be spoken to her, made her head tilt. For this, she would want the rest of the pack present, well…she was going to be alpha, so perhaps just Sloane would need to be called for, along with Ashanti. She shrugged her shoulders before answering, "We shall see." And with that her head tilted back and her rich howl rang throughout the thickets, her one good emerald eye flashing. It easily told the others she was only summoning Sloane and Ashanti. Lowering her muzzle she looked back at the other. If she looked closely enough, she could now see the family resemblance between Ashanti and Isen. The age difference caused great curiosity to overwhelm her thoughts.

While she waited on, Nina wanted some answers of her own… "So why all of a sudden did you want to find your sister?" In all honesty, Nina wasn’t sure if she could trust the other quite yet. She knew all siblings didn’t have to be like her and Ash were, though the thought that one day she might be able to have pups and that he could be an uncle consumed her thoughts. She wanted to be able to have a stable family…but even she knew it would have to wait. Her tail flicked, awaiting for the paw steps that would announce her friends’ arrival.
[/dohtml]

Ships in the Night - Isen - Nov 22, 2012

[dohtml]

Isen smiled as she called for Ashanti, but it sounded a call for another. she was surious, but didn't think to ask. The question hit her with surprise. Isen had traveled far and wide in search from her sister when she left soon after Ashanti did. Only most recently she came across her scent. "I haven't only recently looked for her. I've been searching for her for a little over a year. I've been searching since she left and I refuse to give up." She said, she truly was the protective older sister. Though she
knew Ashanti could care for herself.

"So whats Asha been up too? I knew she always had a knack for herbs. She begged our mum to teach her. Even though she was a little more then a pup, she was the best healer in the pack." She said, she almost laughed at the times she'd shared with her sister. But the matter of her mothers death was too serious to laugh about. Instead, anticipation filled her as she waited.

[/dohtml]

Ships in the Night - Ashanti - Nov 22, 2012

[dohtml]

Ashanti heard the call for her come from Nina. she'd been looking for great supplies of Ergot but had failed. It made her feel bad that she couldn't help as she padded towards Nina. but words came to her as she listened. Only one person ever called her Asha. Could it really be? Was that really Isen's voice? She showed up to see Nina and Isen talking. She smiled and nuzzled Nina's shoulder slightly. Isen was no threat, she knew this.

"I almost didn't recognize you Isen. but your speech gave it away. Your the only person who ever calls me Asha. It's great to see you! Did anyone else make it out? Did Jet make it out? Or Ava?" She said smiling. She knew it was true, Isen was her sister and she was confused with many things. Just how to react. But she was glowing with happiness. Her sister and her 'sister' were meeting. she considered Nina to be a very close sister, a family member because that's what she was. She hoped they could get along. "Nina, you called for Sloane too. I'm a bit curious." She said. why would Nina call for the large male?

[/dohtml]