Ruins of Wildwood
Sacred Grove The unknown - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore III (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Thread: Sacred Grove The unknown (/showthread.php?tid=3224)

Pages: 1 2

The unknown - Orev - Nov 18, 2012

Out of the thickets the wolf embraced the freedom of moving his big body around without a tribe grinding against his flesh. Now he had finally a whole picture of the area. Though the picture would be way better if he had stood in a higher place. Like those mountains further away. It were just the edgy peaks Rain spotted in the clouded sky but it was enough to see it were mountains. The ridge extended till he end of his own sight. So that was the border, if he decided this winter to wander farther he had to go into the mountains realm.
That time was not there yet, so until it would came Rain observed the new ground under his paws. Even if it was late autumn he could see old and fresh tracks of animals. A lively bunch other than the deserted places he had visited. Good, cause he too had sensed many other wolf scents. Quite some Loners had passed here, not only that, there were mixed ones also. In such place with place and food enough, no lack of water, if there were no packs he would slap himself. No, he probably would not, after all he was here just a couple of days. There was still a good chance that he would find out a flaw in it's flora and fauna. Maybe there were many disasters going on in this place. Even when there were no signs of it so he just assumed the most logical thing: Somewhere there is place that holds a pack or two. Other places were still ruled by nature and the travelling loners like himself.

With no time on hands he could continue with his adjusting to this new environment. It shouldn't take too long, knowing himself. It would be good if he found a pack for the winter started but he didn't held a deadline. It was not like he needed it, he had enough skills to survive the winter. Packs wouldn't accept cheap reasons anyway, nor did he felt like doing so. Using others to provide him with good food and a warm place was not his style. His white paws stopped. His nose had picked up the border scents. He was still too far to be a thread to this pack. However with some curiosity he walked parallel with the borders. The alluring sides of the unknown, as always dared him to stay and find out some more.

The unknown - Cali - Nov 23, 2012

(I am placing him just outside of the SR territory, Sacred Grove, since he would then actually be trespassing and she would have to attack! Let me know if you want it to go differently!)

[dohtml]

Cali had just completed a round of border patrol, guarding her beloved Sacred Grove. She had not been born to these lands, but she may as well have been for all the loyalty she felt for her pack and their lands. The trials that she had undergone before finding a home here had left their mark on her, unseen but always felt. Sacred Grove was balsamaceous to her. Within it's borders she felt safe and whole, despite her disappointment and confusion over Indru and his actions. She would live and die here and be content.

The snowy fae found comfort in the gentle woosh of the river in it's endless travel around their territory and lay upon her favorite sentry rock, shaded by the branches of a nearby tree. Her plush pelt, already quite thick kept her warm and the cool shade felt wonderful. Relaxed as she appeared, her senses were never tuned out and her swiveling ears picked up the slightest sound of movement. Instantly she was on high alert.

Standing gracefully to her feet, Cali's head and tail came up high and proud, easily indicating her status as a high ranking wolf. Her emerald eyes scanned the area, but saw nothing. The breeze teased her senses as it wouldn't decide on a direction and the scent that it finally carried to her could have been from anywhere. The barest of sounds could have been dismissed easily, but Cali listened to her instincts and they told her that someone was near the borders, perhaps in the denser trees and bushes. Not on Swift River land, but close enough to warrant her attention.

Her confidence, built over her many months here at Swift River shown through. She was strong and healthy and willing to fight for her family should the need arise. The shy, insecure fae that she had been was long gone and her emerald eyes blazed as she said, "I am Cali, second of Swift River. Show yourself!" Her voice held authority, but lacked command. They were not actually on Swift River territory after all. Just awfully close to it.

[/dohtml]

The unknown - Orev - Dec 13, 2012

[dohtml]

A big pack? The scents that came from the borders were strong and fresh, yet there were many layer that was hidden under this mark. So if not big the pack was quite long lasting. Was it dangerous that Rain walked so close? Yes, it was like walking on the edge with one paw to left or the right and he would fall off. It was trilling but he wasn’t stupid. Packs in wintertime seemed always more sharp than in summer. Sometimes because of the food, pups were also one of the many reasons. So the silver wolf stayed careful on the neutral side of the line. He had no intention of fighting, yet. Just slowly observing.

Rain shifted his rhythm, big paws crushed every little thing on the ground. Twigs, leaves, snow or ice. It cracked and it made a awful lot of sound. In the meantime he took a bit more distance from the border. As usual the borders kept going on and Rain guessed it would be like that for some time. Nothing bad, having enough space to live in was a privilege. Keeping it under your command a skill. Now he had seen a preview from what could be behind the line he wanted to see who lived in it. May it some low ranked subordinate or the alpha himself.

Luck or because of his own sound? Whatever it was it was coming. The scent was from a female. Automatically his pace slowed down a bit. Keeping his eyes and ears sharp. What came to meet him was mostly satisfying. Not a alpha but it was a high ranked female. The Second to be clear. Her voice sounded strong and spoke to her rank. His silver paws stopped. Calm Rain turned and came a bit closer to the borders to show himself to a snow-white lady. ‘Orev Rain.’ His low voice calm as the wind. With a observing eye he tilted his head a little to the left. Cali, Second of Swift River. So good if wolves gave him information for free.

[/dohtml]

The unknown - Cali - Dec 22, 2012

[dohtml]

Out of the brush and trees a large male emerged. He was white, yet unlike her pristine starkness his pelt held a hint of silver. He carried himself with confidence as he introduced himself as Orev Rain. Her green eyes studied him for long moments before she spoke again, assessing the wolf before her. He was certainly larger than she, but that didn't worry her. Her speed was a large wolf's achille's heel and she'd learned to put it to use when needed. His silvery eyes showed great intelligence that might be tempered by his maturity as he appeared older than she.

He had shown himself as she requested and now that she had given him a once-over, determining that he posed no immediate threat to Swift River, she responded, "Hello. What brings you to the borders of Swift River?" Her tone was friendly, yet reserved. She had met enough wolves on the border now to know that you just never knew what to expect from a stranger. Memory of the young whelp Rais came to mind and she grimaced inwardly. He'd pushed her patience to the breaking point more than once already. Hopefully, this wolf was not one to play games.

[/dohtml]

RE: The unknown - Orev - Dec 26, 2012

[dohtml]

It was pretty interesting to see the female. Her pelt was beautiful, it reminded him of the snow that covered the lands. While her eyes made him think about grass and spring and Nina who held the same colour. She held a high rank while his trained eye told him Cali should not be older than 3,5. The look in her green eyes. They analysed him. A challenging glint came in his eyes. What would be his impression on her? Old? Smart or good-looking? It was hard to get to know how others thought about you. The sweet ones didn't want to hurt your feelings giving of white lies or made a understatement. The bad ones would be the most honest but he had to filter lots of stuff since they could lie easily when in rage. Neutral ones would be the most honest often, but they were harder to read. It was just his personal experience what made things that way.

The voice of Cali had a friendly undertone. Not too much after all they were just strangers who knew each others names. 'I discovered the borders and just walked parallel to it.' And wanted to know who lived behind it. 'You could say I'm wandering around for a bit. There are many nice things to see. Especially in winter.' Neutral toned he watched at the bare tree tops behind her back. As he glanced back his lips slightly curled up what could be a hint to a smile. 'Of course I mean no harm to your family. I wasn't planning to stay too close for long. After all I have to find my own place to crash and to provide my food. Time won't let me play around a lot.' His silver head tilted slightly to the right. 'Hope I didn't offend your pack with my curiosity.' And a charming smile cracked open. Charming but it lacked the warmth that would be added when Rain called you ''friend.''

[/dohtml]

RE: The unknown - Cali - Jan 21, 2013

(Sorry for the terrible delay in responding! )

[dohtml]

Cali nodded at his polite and respectful words. She was sure that had Marsh come upon him, things would be going very differently. While she was grateful to the battle scarred male for grudgingly taking the time to teach her and build her confidence, she would always be her own wolf. He tended to attack first and not bother with questions, while she preferred her more diplomatic approach. Unlike her stoic mentor, she actually liked to be around others.

Of course, had he been encroaching on the borders or threatening in any way, green fire would have shot from her eyes and he would have had a most unpleasant encounter with her fangs. As she took in his large silvery form, with evidence of past battles, she was glad that it wouldn't come to that. Win or lose, she would fight for the safety of her pack, especially the growing young. She nodded her snowy head at his statement that he was merely looking for a place to call his own for a bit.

Giving him an appraising look, she gave him a small smile. "Well, no harm done, but I needed to be sure. Perhaps, just den a bit farther away from the shore?" she offered. She was a bit curious about this wolf though. His silver eyes seemed to hold secrets and she found herself momentarily mesmerized by their unusual hue, but it soon passed. Her curiosity did not though and she found herself asking, "Are you new to the lore?" Honestly, he could have come from a neighboring pack and she wouldn't have even known, since she didn't often leave her precious river. He definitely didn't smell of pack though, so he was a wanderer from somewhere.

[/dohtml]

RE: The unknown - Orev - Jan 23, 2013

It's okay don't worry ^^

[dohtml]

A small smile played on the lips of the white fae. Most tension was gone cause he was no harm. He could feel the curiosity and his eyes shone in amusement. His gaze went to the place where the shore could be. It was a good offer, he may would turn that way to see what the place held for him. In the first place was he thinking of travelling in the Lore to see bits and pieces of it's secrets. He had to unfold many, as a newborn he would find his ways in this new environment. The wolves had been surprisingly friendly and open in general. Maybe it was because he had only met ladies till this point? Were all females like this? Of course not, Rain was just playing with himself. Only the woman he met all possessed a good working brain and a strong will.
'It may be a good suggestion. I will see what it holds for me.' His gorgonized tone as his mind was still thinking about many other things. One of those thoughts had been lingering in his mind quite often. Still not sure whatever he would stay a loner for long time or would seek the comfortable luxuries of a pack. Right now their were two packs, this one here and one in making from Nina. Though he was pretty sure it would not be that long till her pack was formed. Her eyes had spoken before her mouth. Failing was not a option. Rain believed that if you desired something full heartedly you could make it reality.

His gaze fell upon Cali once again. Reading her mind to see only the curiosity. He nodded. 'I just entered these lands a few days ago. Met some interesting wolves. Have you ever seen the world behind the borders of the lore?' Rain smiled with one that was layered on thousands gorgonizing memories. Though most of his lifetime he had spend in one pack, travelling was a must to gain many new experiences.

[/dohtml]

RE: The unknown - Cali - Feb 07, 2013

[dohtml]
The male seemed to analyze each word and action and seemed oddly amused with her. She didn't let that bother her in the least. He himself appeared self assured and quite confident for a loner. Though she knew that it could hardly compare, a memory of herself a year past as a shy and contained loner came to mind. She'd fared well enough on her own, but had thrived and grown strong in both mind and body since joining Swift River.

Apparently he had visited a few places, but he quickly turned the question around on her and asked, "Have you ever seen the world behind the borders of the lore?" She had been prepared for more questions about her pack or the surrounding area, but he asked about beyond the lore. She didn't know if he referred to a particular direction or just further out into the world. However he'd meant it, the question brought her lost family to mind with a brief flash of pain. Her bright emerald eyes darkened to forest green with her sorrow.

It took her a few moments to regain her composure and swallow the lump of emotion that he'd unwittingly summoned with his simple question. "I originally hail from Cordova, far far to the west of the lore. I've only made my home here in the last year. It is a lovely land in general, but I'm quite happy staying close to Swift River in the Grove. She looked at him for a long moment with serious eyes. "Are you looking for a home?"

[/dohtml]

RE: The unknown - Orev - Feb 11, 2013

[dohtml]

Travelling was like a treasure hunt for him. Searching without a map but knowing somewhere there would be a big X. Wolves should go and make at least make one big travel in his opinion. Was it to gain experience or to appreciate packlife more. Whatever it was a journey was always a good thing, may you come back alive of course. Out of his good experiences and his sudden enthusiasm he had not considered the white fae may dig up some painful topics. His smile faded when he saw the emerald darken. Damn, he had stepped on a landmine. He didn't want to ask what she was thinking, it was not his right to know. This was something personal, every wolf had something that could make them dark. There could be many reasons for her dark expression, if he had to guess it could be family or friend related. At least that was what his intuition told him, if he was right he couldn't tell, only Cali could.

The woman composed herself and Orev looked at her. Was she alright? It seemed so but it wouldn't surprise him may she still feel the presence of that she had pushed aside. Rain decided to let it rest, he had flustered something he shouldn't have, besides the River fae stood strong on her paws. No worries. As she spoke again it sounded promising. He had never heard of Cordova so he may visit that place once. Towards the west, he should remember it or otherwise he could ask Cali. On a right time, he didn't want to dig too deep into the past right now. 'I've never heard about Cordova but you words are promising, though I agree with you. This land holds many good points. It's quite peaceful.' Within her eyes he spotted a spark of seriousness before her eyes were taken over by this one emotion. The spark ignited his own serious face. Ready for what was coming he listened to her words. This time it was his turn to found off guard. He broke their gaze to look up at the treetops. 'A home..' He thought out loud. 'Yes and no,' His silver gaze went back to Cali, 'I belong to a pack I know this. Yet the thing I seek most is a purpose. Living to live is just meaningless for me. The time that is given me, I want to use it well.' His black lips curled into a cryptic smile. 'Do you have a purpose for me?'

[/dohtml]

RE: The unknown - Cali - Feb 11, 2013

[dohtml]

There was something about this wolf that Cali liked. She hadn't been to sure at first, for he'd almost seemed secretive. Having secrets and behaving in a secretive manner were two entirely different things, in her opinion. She doubted that there was a wolf alive that had no secrets, no emotional baggage. Even if it meant nothing to the real world, it was a scrap of yourself that you guarded and held tightly to your heart. Hers was her beloved Grayson and her tiny lost angels, taken before they'd even breathed their first breath in this world nearly a year ago.

Realizing that she'd nearly lost herself in her memories once more, she breathed a sigh or relief that she hadn't yet shown any outward sign of her raw emotions. Cali brought her intense gaze back to the silver one before her. It suddenly occurred to her, for no particular reason that this wolf greatly resembled Ice in coloring and build. She didn't know why the thought came to her, but it made her smile a bit. He seemed quite interested in her homeland and she could freely admit to herself that she missed it on occasion. She wondered what had become of the rest of her family. Jessie had come to the lore as well at least.

When she asked him in all seriousness if he had a home, he seemed a bit surprised at first, but then gave her a thoughtful answer, followed by a cryptic question of his own. 'Yes and no. I belong to a pack I know this. Yet the thing I seek most is a purpose. Living to live is just meaningless for me. The time that is given me, I want to use it well. ...Do you have a purpose for me?' His words brought her back once more, this time to her entrance into the lore. She had survived well enough on her own, but she'd craved a family, a purpose as well. Withing the arms of Swift River she'd grown into the fae that she was today. Strong and confident, rather than shy and weak. Swift River had given her a purpose. Perhaps it could do the same for this lone male.

"It is not my place to offer, but if you've a mind for loyalty, honor and a fierce spirit for protecting, then perhaps so." She wondered what he would think. She would not go into great detail with him about the pack. If he chose to pursue the possibility, then it would be up the her alphas what more to share. "Would you care for me to request my alphas presence?" If he said yes, then perhaps there was a good chance he might become a pack mate and family to her. If he could impress the leaders as he had herself with his manners, apparent strength and self-confidence.

[/dohtml]