Ruins of Wildwood
Lost Lake How Did I Get Here? - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore III (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Thread: Lost Lake How Did I Get Here? (/showthread.php?tid=3267)

Pages: 1 2

How Did I Get Here? - Navar - Nov 24, 2012

A white figure moved with a quickened step around the perimeter of the large lake. A stinging chill was swept from the tops of the water and cut though her fur like a small knife. She wasn't in a particularly happy mood this evening. She had been traveling for quite sometime after meeting up with that Kamota wolf by chance in Riddle Heights. She snorted at the thought of him. Navar didn't have a feeling of dislike but something about him bothered her. Maybe it was that they were alike in some ways. Ways that no wolf would be proud of. Disbanded family. No real home. Always searching for something. Stopping she shook the condensation from her damp fur and with it the thought of him. Her search had been going on for four long months and she was beginning to become frustrated. Part of her didn't understand why she was even still here, but the land was extremely expansive, and most of it not scent marked. It seemed like a decent place to hide out the winter months with it's readily available water and dense trees. However, she didn't know if she could avoid meeting up with a pack before then at some point.

Navar had scented a pack on her way into this territory, but she had come for water after the long trek from all the way up those mountains. After aimlessly wandering for a few hours she spotted a few white birch trees in the distance. Their tall, peeling, white branches reaching out like a beacon. Stopping at the edge she leaned forward, the wind disrupting her reflection in the glassy water, and drank. It was cold and refreshing and she felt it run through her body like tiny icicles. Lifting her head from the water she was compelled to leave directly whence the way she came, but that would lead her back to the heights. She wasn't going back there and she was tired of wandering. The pack scent was thick in this area. Someone would find her soon..

How Did I Get Here? - Ash - Nov 25, 2012

[dohtml]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/AshTable2.png);
background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:10px;
padding-bottom: 215px; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px;">

Winter was rapidly approaching without any warning for anywhere snow had covered the mountains, leaving them even more dangerous then they had been previously with the land slide and what not. With the increased amount of runs of the border within the pack Ash had been increasing growing fond of the strong scents that wavered over the border. He did not, however, stop his own patrols. He was going to stick to his word and do his three border runs a day, just as he had been doing since their meeting. He had not left the territory much at all except for a few little outside runs to see how everything else was doing around them. Today though, he was simply doing his rounds, marking the borders and keeping a sharp eye out for Rhysis or any other danger

When he got to where the lake was his head lifted when he saw another form, unfamiliar, along with an unfamiliar scent. His large paws crossed the border as he called out to the other, “You better hope my pack mate doesn’t find you here. She is rather territorial over this lake, here.” is words were laced with amusement…but they were true at the same time. Though he hadn’t seen his partner in awhile he could still scent her here and there every once and awhile. She was still around…unlike some others.

[/dohtml]

How Did I Get Here? - Navar - Nov 25, 2012

It didn't take long for another wolf to find her. A large wolf was approaching, his color much different than her own. His allowing him to better blend into his surroundings. Upon his arrival he spoke, and she could immediately tell that he was of the reigning pack. Most of the scent that she had sniffed whence coming into the area was his. He didn't carry himself like an alpha, but he had an authoritative gait to his walk. amygdaliform eyes watched him carefully as he spoke, no emotion crossed her face.

“You better hope my pack mate doesn’t find you here. She is rather territorial over this lake, here.”

She let a faint smile curl at the end of her muzzle."I'm guessing she's the alpha?" she said, assuming that was who he was talking about. She looked him over. He was large, and she hoped that her trespassing into their land wasn't going to end in a tussle. Even if her coming here was for a good reason."Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing," she paused, taking in a slow breath."I'm looking for a pack.." she admitted. Navar's amber eyes met his for a moment and she held them there. The females gaze was steady and strong as she waited for his response.

How Did I Get Here? - Ash - Dec 02, 2012

[dohtml]
background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:10px;

When he got closer, he stopped at a respectable distance from the other wolf, his green eyes assessing the other female before him. She looked slightly smaller than, though their appearance looked of no resemblance. His ears flicked silently when she spoke, an amused expression on his face, a rumbling laugh escaping his muzzle, “No, no!! My partner actually. The other second.” His eyes sparkled in amusement, slightly longing for his joking friend to be by his side on this one. The lake was probably both of their favorite places to be, and in a sense, the two would share it. Hunter and guardian working together in one place…it almost sounded odd, but to Ash it was completely normal. Ava and him were partners and nothing would change that.

The next words the stranger uttered caused tense muscles to form in Ash’s shoulders. Their little play time had turned into business. His tail raised slightly, a cold…yet somewhat friendly look in his eyes as he stared at the smaller female. Could they afford another female? It would probably be good for them…considering the lose of another…Treena…how the name still stung his heart. Swallowing briefly he spoke, his tone brisk and sharp, meaning he was completely serious. “I might be able to arrange that. I am Ash Hervok. What do you specialize in?” Evaluation was something that every wolf had to go through, no matter who they were. That was never going to change.

[/dohtml]

How Did I Get Here? - Navar - Dec 04, 2012

Their conversation had started easier than she expected and she was happy to see a small spark of amusement pass between them to be followed with a laugh. It took her for surprise and for a moment she felt her anxiousness pass away. Obviously this pack was guarded by two wolves, perhaps his mate? Although she enjoyed the brief humor it dissipated almost as soon as it had come. Upon the mention of the pack a distinct seriousness suddenly filled the air around her. He was alert and no longer held a joking tone. Her eyes broke from their hard stare as his sharp tone resonated in her ears. Navar wasn't used to these kinds of things. She wasn't formally aware of the way to go about joining a pack or even finding out about one. She traveled in a motley crew her whole life that simply took orders from her father. Come and go as you please, but if you're going to stay you have to help feed the pack.

His seriousness made her slightly uncomfortable and she tensed her toes, taking a deep breath. She supposed she should start with an introduction of her name, but the second question caught her off guard. What did she specialize in? Hell, she didn't know. She thought for a moment before speaking.

"It's nice to meet you, Ash. I'm Navar. Navar Notie." she said, her tone sounding more sure of herself than she actually felt.

His eyes were a distinct shade of green that she had never seen before, and she found it hard to look away from them. Although his second request had left her a little confused, she found it better to just ask rather than assume.

"I don't know what you mean by specialize.." she admitted, one eye squinting in the awkward way it does when she finds herself unsure."I've never been in a pack. Or a functional one anyways.."

She paused for a moment, thinking that he was going to point his nose up at her, like most wolves do with loners and banish her with pontificate words. To be birthed as one is a sad occurance in nature to their kind. The female didn't want to say it, because she felt it rude.. but what did they have to offer her? What was she getting herself into? Perhaps a better start to the conversation would have been to simply ask. This "pack talk" was no joke to these wolves and she didn't quite understand just yet.

How Did I Get Here? - Ash - Dec 15, 2012

[dohtml]

His tail swayed behind him at an easy pace, showing that even though they were talking about his home, he was still somewhat calm. He watched the other female carefully for her reaction, and in truth it would seem to him as though many of emotions would travel across her. Ranging from confused to confident and it kind of confused Ash by her conflicting feelings. Though he knew how it felt to be in such on odd situation and so he let it slide for the time being. The direct eye contact she was making with him made him somewhat self conscious though, for he had never had someone stare into his eyes so intently, save Treena.

The pain was still there, no matter what he tried to do and he quickly pushed his feelings away, putting on his cold mask of steel as he listened to what the other had to say. Nodding his head to the female, he briefly spoke, “It’s a pleasure to meet you.” His ears then twitched as her next words escaped her. Didn’t know what specialization meant? The large brute did have to give her credit though, at least she had the decency to ask what he meant and not give an assumption. It showed that she at least wanted to give him some honesty, and that was something that gained trust and respect from others.

A small smile twitched at his lips as he responded to her, his shoulders splayed back to show his position, though, not higher of one of an alpha. It was enough to show that he was of high ranking to her. His booming voice rang out, enough to distract any onlookers, “What are you good at? Hunting, fighting, healing - anything, technically.” His face and eyes were cold, but his words were what showed his kindness, along with his actions. All his face was could be as much as a mask. All of his emotions were bottled up and his mask, was the only thing that hid them from the outside world.

[/dohtml]

How Did I Get Here? - Navar - Dec 15, 2012

Navar felt that her uncertainty about the situation was a little concerning to him and she composed herself a little better. His words were not nearly as off putting as his appearance and she kept her eyes from his, leaving their gaze off to the right of him. He displayed himself strong and of higher rank than her and she didn't attempt any type of challenge. She was simply here to find out information. It seemed as if her lack of knowledge in specialization didn't bother him too much, but when he spoke next for once she wasn't at a loss for words.

"Hunter. I am a hunter." she said with extreme certainty. Her eyes slowly faded from liquid to a solid amber and she met his gaze only for a moment to press her point.

If this pack wasn't in need of a hunter she could easily move on once their conversation was over. If this pack was so keen on specialties Navar supposed that others in the area must be as well. Surely she wouldn't sit around all day with nothing to work for. The female was quick to learn and very observant, but those traits only furthered her hunting ability and she couldn't think of using them for something else. Hunting alone was not desirable, but she was easily capable of doing so. Her skills were seasoned and well developed for a wolf her age. Growing up with brothers taught you to keep on your toes and always push yourself. She could see the images of the emaciated group of wolves she lived with as a yearling in her head; a handful of times starvation was in their midst's.

The creamy colored female wasn't sure what his answer would be, but something in her gut churned with the thought of no longer being a loner. Of belonging to something, of having responsibility for something other than herself. She couldn't decide if she liked the idea or not. It was always a little scary to dive in head first.

How Did I Get Here? - Ash - Dec 15, 2012

[dohtml]

It didn’t take the other female long to realize what he was saying and she immediately replied to him. A huntress then? Considering he hadn’t seen Ava out and about recently and the low female ranks, having another female in the pack and a huntress could do them good. Belladonna was growing quickly and Ash was already too busy marking the boundaries all the time, he hardly had time to hunt for her. Perhaps a hunting partner for Kamota would be good for him too. Nodding his head he tilted it back towards the mountains. He wondered briefly what Athena would think of this, and he knew it would be better just to go on and call for her. She was the alpha. Either way, Tlarx wouldn’t be minded either. Turning back to the creamy girl briefly he nodded his head to her, “I suppose I could call for my alphas and see what they think.”

He didn’t rely any information about the pack within them, not saying if they needed hunters of if they had plenty. It had been one of the many laws he had begun to adopt since joining Poison Path. The less that knew of them, the better they could develop. Raising his head, a large, rumbling howl escaped his muzzle as he called for one of the alpha’s presence. It was a clear message as to why he was calling, but he knew they would know it wouldn’t too urgent. When he finished, he turned back to the female, his tail swaying behind him as he took in the mountains surrounding him. Everything seemed to be slowly making its way around them. The white snow giving them the signal to grow out their winter coats. It was that time again, and even Ash knew they would need more hunters more than ever.

[/dohtml]

How Did I Get Here? - Athena - Dec 16, 2012

[dohtml]

Life for the proud leader had been turn upside down once again by Naira. She would move on, however, like she did last time. She wouldn’t dwell in it and make the situation worse than what it was. Sooner or later, the wind will blow this over and the slate will be clean. But, it wouldn’t be forgotten. Athena won’t forget this. She never will.

It was another day of patrols and border marking, but her leg was beginning to bother her. She decided it was time to make her way back towards the lake and rest for a little bit. Her white winter coat had been coming in nicely, so when the chilling wind blew across the lake, making the air around her icy cold, she could barely feel it. The advantages of being part Artic went in her favor here on the mountain.

As she was about to escape from the enclosure of the trees that surrounded the lake, Ash’s deep rumbling howl broke through the still silence around her. Her motions stopped for a moment to listen to his message. He was calling for an alpha, for her. Her white legs began to move once more towards the sound of her Guardian’s voice. Just as her body escaped the confines of the forest around her, she spotted the pair easily across the lake. It wasn’t hard to tell which one was Ash; his large burly body wasn’t easily missed or mistaken for another. Athena ate up the distance between her and the other two quickly. Her head and tail rose dominantly as she came closer to them. She stopped besides Ash, their winter coats stirring together. Her critical, fiery eyes observed the woman before them. ”What is your business here?” She asked, her fiery eyes still pinned on the white woman.
[/dohtml]

RE: How Did I Get Here? - Navar - Dec 26, 2012

The gold tinted female stood before Ash keeping quiet as he turned his head to the sky to let forth a call to his Alpha. The message was clear but her mind still lay confused with how quickly this was moving along. However, she said nothing and sat emotionless in a relaxed manner. She watched as the large wolf before her scanned the area around them, and she wondered how long this place had been his home. Certainly this wasn't her first choice of environment, but she had come across other pack lands without seeing another wolf. She could smell them, but she wasn't going to call to them. Especially if they took crossing borderlines as seriously as this pack did.

It didn't take long for his Alpha to come into view. She quickly filled the empty space next to Ash, and Navar said nothing until she was spoken to. The female was also white, her coat filled out nicely, and she held her head in a highly dominate manner. Navar kept her eyes low and her posture relaxed. She wasn't submissive to the point of groveling but she didn't display any type of challenge to the lady. Her tone was harsh in Navar's ears and she kept her eyes adverted when she spoke.

"I'm looking for a pack." was all she said.

She could assume that this female would judge her and size her up, maybe consider the fact she was a hunter and her decision would come as swiftly as she did to Ash's call. Navar remained quiet, unsure of what was going to happen.