Ruins of Wildwood
Riddle Heights Everything Changes... - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore III (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Thread: Riddle Heights Everything Changes... (/showthread.php?tid=3342)

Pages: 1 2

Everything Changes... - Koda - Dec 11, 2012

[dohtml]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/KodaTable.png);
background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 200px;
padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-
align:justify;">

The large wolf was restless. He'd spent so much of his time trekking the borders and his mind had little to occupy it most of the time other than thinking of what his life had become. He was the leader of a strong and vibrant pack and proud beyond measure of that fact. There were wolves beating at the door to become a part of something great. What wolf could be sorry to be a part of that? And yet, at times he was, when he allowed himself to think of Nina and the sacrifice that the two of them had made for their respective loyalties and devotion.

What had it brought them? Him, it had brought everything he had expected so far, but he longed to be with his love. His loyalty to Elettra kept him here and would continue to do so for as long as she needed him. Nina's loyalty had been rewarded in the end with her leaders abandoning their entire pack and moving on. Now, another male was to stand by Nina as he stood by Elettra. The two of them had set a precedent. He trusted Nina and felt that he could trust the over-sized male, Sloane, but it was still just not right. He belonged with Nina, yet he was needed here. The push and pull was driving him crazy.

That was what had brought him to his current situation. For the first time since joining Willow Ridge, he had left it's lands for more than an hour. Shade trotted quietly by his side. The other male had so much on his mind as well that Koda had asked him to come along on a hunt. Just the two of them, so that they might bond and he could see how the other male was faring with everything. That was his reasoning for this trip, but he knew that he, himself, just had to get away for a bit and he certainly couldn't go chasing after Nina when he'd given his blessing and professed understanding of the situation the her and Sloane. Although he trusted the pair completely, his desire and need to be with Nina had increased ten-fold ever since the revelation.

Pulling himself out of the mire of his own chaotic thoughts, he turned his creamy head towards Shade as they traveled and asked, "How have you been doing, my friend?" Although Shade was subordinate to him, Koda still counted him friend and worried about him. Even though he hadn't liked Shade's past revelation that he'd mauled a young girl for no good reason, his remorse, unwavering support and apparent devotion to the pack went a long ways to smoothing over his lingering reservations.

[/dohtml]

RE: Everything Changes... - Shade - Dec 11, 2012

[dohtml]
'The sky is falling down, down do-oo-ooo-down.

Shade trotted along side his leader, his friend. Koda was one of his only friends in the wide and vasts of Relic Lore. The older male had seemed a bit more weary lately. Not sure why, maybe the stress of being leader? It just seemed to Shade for him to be stressed. ”I'm good, seemed to have resolved all the matters I had wronged. Except, I still cannot find Ari. I've been searching for her again. To ask for forgiveness. But I cannot leave the pack for too long. For I have borders to mark 4 times a day.” He said. It was really as simple as that. ”I seem to have overexerted the whole Rose thing. She'd encountered males, but not fell in love with them. Though she did tell me she wasn't sure if what she saw in me, if it was just because I was the first guy who was nice to her after her dad died. I am giving her time to think.”

'Baby don't worry... you are my only.'

Shade looked around, his ears perked up in listening. His eyes scanning around for possible prey. Koda had invited him to go hunting, just one on one. It was an honor, but it also showed that Koda really trusted him despite his past, what he did. ”How are you Koda?” He asked, his eyes curious as he looked up at the male. He was small compared to the large leader. But his fur was darker, he was by far faster.

[/dohtml]

Everything Changes... - Koda - Dec 13, 2012

[dohtml]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/KodaTable.png);
background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 200px;
padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-
align:justify;">

Koda was please to hear that Shade was doing well, although it was unfortunate that he couldn't find Ari to give both of them some closure. Sometimes life just didn't want to cooperate that way. He cast a glance Shade's way, all the while working his chocolaty ears and sensitive nose looking for prey. Shade seemed more confident and sure of himself than the last time they'd talked privately. He simply nodded his head in understanding at the darker wolf's words. It seemed that it was working itself out for the other man, despite the uncertainty with his mate. Koda was glad that while they were separated, he had no uncertainty with his own mate. Their love was written in the stars and he could only pray that one day soon, they would finally be together.

When Shade asked how he was doing, Koda almost stopped he was so surprised. No one but Nina, had ever asked how he was doing. Hardly losing a stride, despite his small shock, the pale wolf moved on. How was he doing? Just peachy! My mate is off with another to lead a pack, while I must do my duty and stand by a woman that I can never love, but owe the utmost respect to. I itch to be by Nina's side and even though I trust Sloane, a part of me wants to tear his throat out. Yeah, just peachy! With a slight cough to clear his throat from the emotion that suddenly welled up, he answered, "I am good Shade. Thank you for asking. Right now, I'm quite anxious to find some meat on hooves!" His voice was lighthearted at the end, to cover up his inner turmoil.

[/dohtml]

RE: Everything Changes... - Shade - Dec 26, 2012

Shade looked at Koda, it was good he had fair tidings and that he was ready for a good meal too. "Great, then let's get hunting!" He said anxiously and excitingly. His tail hovering above the fresh winter blanket of snow on the ground as his paws made the slightest thud, thud, thud on the ground. His eyes narrowed to see around the area. He was a bit nervous, this was his first solo hunt with a leader and he didn't want to let the pack down. It surprised him a bit to find Koda asking him to accompany the leader. Why not ask a hunter? For what did Shade know about hunting that the Hunters did not? There was nothing and they knew more then him.

The sun was rather high in the sky today at this fine noon, the sun shined down on his frame and made his shadow appear in front of him. Perhaps he should change position in order to better advance the hunt? Would his shadow really matter? This is why he wished some form of hunter to be here for this hunt. Perhaps Koda would know? If Koda thought it would be a problem, Koda would suggest such things to Shade right? He was ready for this, it was all in belief. For if you did not have belief, you would have nothing. Belief made up the entire world, the belief that wolves are pack animals, the belief that there is a god, or a sun, or a moon.

(255 Words)

RE: Everything Changes... - Koda - Dec 26, 2012

The large leader was relieved that Shade had not caught on to his troubles. One must always appear strong and capable as a leader, even when falling apart emotionally. Grinning at his own ironic thoughts, Koda nodded at Shade's aparrent avidity and surged forward with enthusiasm. All of his senses were on alert and he truly hoped that they come across some game to give them a run for their money. He figured that both he and the serious guardian at his side needed to released some pent up tension.

As they moved farther from the willows, more scattered scents crossed the rugged terrain and Koda sorted through them with an experienced nose. Most were not the type of quarry that he was after, consisting of rabbits, voles and such. He quickly dismissed these and continued until he came upon the scent that he was after. A lone deer. Hopefully it wasn't a huge buck, for that would be a tough, but not impossible, take down for the pair of large males. After locking onto the scent and following it for a short while, Koda was sure that it was a doe. Exactly what he'd been hoping to find!

With a grin at Shade, he took off after the unseen doe. Right now, the goal was not to catch her, merely to catch up to her. He whispered to the dark man at his side, "When we catch up to her, stay downwind and to the shadows. We'll attack her from two directions and try and hamstring her to slow her down. Questions?" He knew that they lacked the speed and likely the stamina to run her down, but they would apply brute force and injure the doe to slow her, so that they could take her down. Almost as soon as he was done speaking, they did indeed come upon their prey and Koda quickly came to a stop and crouched down, then made sure that Shade was following suit. It didn't appear as if she had seen them. Good.

Shade nodded to the superior male, it was time to go into action then. He rushed forward at the doe, understanding that Koda and him needed to catch up to it if they wanted any chance of catching it. He stopped a bit behind Koda and watched, the doe had not sensed them and he made no plans in the near future for that to happen either. He was ready for this, it was a good way to release his anger. Though he would give the doe the look he gave all large prey. It was more of a pagan voodoo type thing then anything. As if letting the prey know that it's body would not go in vain.

He looked for a signal to surge forward and kill the animal. Koda had not given it yet and so he would wait, things were about to get interesting with the fact it was a two on one scenario. He'd been in two hunts before this. One was when he met Skana as a loner, they had hunted. One was not an actual hunt. It had been him, Sica, Elettra and Narime. There had been a 'zombie deer' that they had hunted, but in the end, had killed and left due to the fact it could get the pack sick. He knew there had to be a signal, there was in his previous hunts. Why would this be different.

He sniffed around, no other wolves or prey to be scented, his ears perked up slightly in listening for other paw-steps despite they're own. His feet stayed where they were, making no noise. The wind ruffled his fur slightly as his chocolate brow eyes locked onto the deer, occasionally glancing at Koda. He'd let this doe's body be used for what it needed to be used for. Keeping him, Koda and the pack alive. He was 95% sure it was going back to the pack. But with the mysterious invitation to the hunt, the whereabouts this doe was going was too a mystery.
(341 Words)

It was quickly apparent that Shade was on the same page, indeed. He followed Koda's lead perfectly and even now was waiting patiently for Koda to give him the cue to go for it. Feeling his pulse speed up with the immanent chase at hand and his muscles bunched and released in anticipation. "You stay here and wait for my signal. Then go for her legs and hamstring her if you can. I'll attack from her far side and hopefully get another hit on her."

With that, he left the other male where he was and moved off to the left, slinking low to the ground to avoid detection by the cautious doe. When he had circled around and flanked the deer's left side, but was still in view of the dark male he came to a tense stop. He looked around and crept forward a few more feet, using the underbrush as cover. He turned his pale silver head towards Shade again, golden eyes glowing in anticipation and gave a curt nod of his head. Now!!

He lunged forward, knowing that Shade would be mirroring his attack on the other side of the unsuspecting doe...

Shade nodded slightly to Koda, he understood and he waited, his chocolate brown eyes gazing at Koda in wait for the signal, with the slight nod of the leaders head, he leapt at the doe, aiming for her legs and hamstrings. He was proud when to took grasp of the thigh of the leg. He grasped down hard and the doe reacted. It tried to run but Shade's grip would no loosen and the doe could not drag her own body and that of the medium sized Guardian. He glanced up to see where Koda had landed. A wide grin on his face. He felt the blood from the juicy thigh rush into his mouth and it made his eyes water. It tasted so good that he bit down as hard as he could.

The doe had not expected him nor Koda and the doe collapsed to the ground in pain of his attack. He glanced up to see where Koda had landed again and took no notice of where he was. He simply gaze the doe the look and it returned the same look. The doe knew that her body was to be used for good to keep a group of wolves alive and that nothing would be wasted. The doe was prepared to die and he knew it was Koda who should give the killing blow. For the risk of the doe attempting to escape in Shade were to let go was high. So with that, the doe was ready, and so was Shade. Koda was all that they were waiting on.
(264 Words total)

Everything was moving along perfectly. Shade moved with him and the doe was trapped between them. Shade latched on to her hind leg and held on for dear life. The doe continued to lunge forward in an attempt to escape, dragging the wolf with her, but to no avail. Koda went for her other legs, but the doe lashed out at him with her razor sharp hooves and he had to dodge to avoid getting seriously hurt by her frantic efforts.

He regrouped and lunged again, this time jumping into the air towards her head. She threw it up, trying to avoid his deadly fangs, but he managed to clamp onto her slender neck just as a thick fog rolled in. His fangs sank deeply and strongly into his prey and he too refused to release his hold. Moments later, he felt the doe give way under the weight of two healthy wolves with fangs locked on her terrified form. She fell to the ground in a tangled heap and Koda felt himself fly through the air.

Instead of landing on solid ground with Shade and the doe, empty space met him. The mist obstructed his view, but instinct told him that something was terribly wrong as he finally lost his grip on the doe's neck. He finally felt the earth, but it was all wrong. His front legs gripped what must have been a ledge briefly before gravity claimed him. As he fell as sharp pain overtook his left shoulder as it hit an outcropping and he yelped in pain. As his body fell, dread filled him. Then he finally hit the ground with an enormous thud and his head smacked the ground with an audible crack...

(hehehe, got my table working!)
[dohtml]

Shade had watched as Koda had lunged, but something in this hunt had gone terribly wrong. He released the female, already dead with a killing bite from Koda. Koda had met empty space of a cliff next to them. "KODA!" He screeched, he was going to get him. He watched as Koda fell from the place he was. He heard a yelp and a crack. He looked over the cliff with fear. "I'm coming Koda." He said, fear was permanently locked in his eyes. He looked over the edge again. The cliff was approximately 10 feet high, rugged rocks below. The crack he'd heard hadn't been a good sign.

Shade had been trained to assume the worst, but he couldn't bring himself to. The worst was death and he couldn't tell himself Koda might be dead. but if he was, what would he tell Elettra. 'Hi Elettra, Koda died in a hunt on the mountains, he fell off a cliff and I was too weak to save him. So yea, I guess you need a new leader." Yea, that would turn out just fine. What would he tell Nina? What would he tell Koda's mate. 'Hi Nina, yea, about your mate. He and I were hunting in the mountains and he fell to his death. So your now a widow.' That would turn out with the death of Shade.

He needed to get him to medical help though, as he looked over the cliff, he was frozen in place. It looked bad from up here, probably worse from down there. He could run as fast as the wind to get Elettra or Kyrie. Perhaps he should find Nina or maybe take him to the mountain pack. Maybe they could find it in they're hearts to help the Willow Ridge leader. All he knew is Koda needed a healer, and Shade was the only one around. Shade was no healer. What was the fate of his leader, of his friend?

(329 Words)

[/dohtml]