Ruins of Wildwood
Bramble Falls rise from the ashes - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore III (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Thread: Bramble Falls rise from the ashes (/showthread.php?tid=4031)

Pages: 1 2

rise from the ashes - Phineas - Mar 19, 2013

For @Itai. Sorry for the wait, love. <3 Had a busy weekend and am currently sick.. :(

[dohtml]

He paced before the Falls – the afternoon sun filtered its way through the branches of the trees, which in short time would be filled with leaves once more. The oncoming of spring was around the corner, and while the ivory male usually looked forward to such shifts in the season, his thoughts rested only upon one thing now: Borlla, and the likelihood of her carrying his cubs.

The act had been sudden, spurned mostly from the desire of her heat and the need to fulfill what the ebony she-wolf of Willow Ridge had failed to give him.. and yet despite the tension that rested upon his weary shoulders, the Argyris male regretted none of it.

He had yet to return home to the Ridge, and in truth, he doubted he truly would, spare to give his regards and farewell. Borlla was his future now, and Elettra would never allow the cubs of another she-wolf enter her packlands, just as nature intended for any dominant wolf. Instead, the two would seek refuge elsewhere.. gather others and hopefully create a small pack for themselves – the family that he had longed for the moment he realized his time in his birth pack had been built upon nothing but lies.

His eyes flickered upward to the rushing waters, noting the speed of the falls to be faster than normal, likely due to the melting of the snow. Of course, warmth was still far from them, and as if to reiterate this knowledge, mother nature allowed a myriad of flurries to fall down across the land, reminding Phineas of the trails before him and the she-wolf he fully intended to court.
[/dohtml]

RE: rise from the ashes - Itai - Mar 21, 2013

It's fine!! No worries. Feel better soon :).

[dohtml]

Her stomach was partially full- she had recently eaten a rabbit. It seemed that was all her diet consisted of lately. Her jaws were loose as her tongue hangs out and she pants. Light colored paws carry her swiftly to the sound of running water. Her tail sways to and fro as she walks; she grows impatient. Her parched throat suffers every second. Within minutes, she arrives.

Her ears perk up as she comes to a slow. A light colored wolf stood by the edge of the water, peering at the falls. She tilts her head curiously, immediately deciding in her mind whether or not she was to approach. She was too thirsty at the moment. With caution in every step, she keeps her distance from the male as she closes in on the water. The glistening of the liquid keeps her gaze; she doesn't even look at the large chunk of snow and ice that slowly floats by.

"Sorry" Her voice comes out harsh before she lowers her head to drink. If she interrupted his thought or anything, she apologized in advance. As she lowers her head downward, her light brown-gold gaze locks onto him. The cold water slips down her throat, providing immediate relief.

[/dohtml]

RE: rise from the ashes - Phineas - Mar 31, 2013

Fast replies from here on out. <3 I promise.

[dohtml]

The roar of the Falls and the distraction of his thoughts lead his guard astray, and it was not from sight or sound that the male noticed the other wolf’s presence – only when the light spring wind, glinting with the frigid air of winter still swept past him did he pick up the scent, and bristling, the ivory male spun, his eyes catching view of the she-wolf who was nearby and within eyesight.

His eyes flickered over her, stoical with their intent, and he stiffens, more upset at himself than with the seemingly delicate flower that now stood in his presence. The tawny of her pelt was what he noted first – a paler shade than the variations his own family line held, while her eyes were alight with a very pale brown hue. Indifferent to this sudden interruption of his focus, Phineas allowed his ears to flick forward as she spoke, noting the apology she gave with mild surprise.

She seemed to seek only drink, and as she quenched her thirst, the ivory wolf allowed his pink tongue to smooth past his lips. Giving a brief nod of acceptance to the girl, the ivory male prowled forward slightly, closing the distance between them only because of intrigue and purpose. This was the first time in a long time he had been hopeful to come across a lone wolf, and with the thought of how Borlla’s stomach would swell with life soon, he cleared his throat for introduction. “My apologies. I hope I did not disturb you.”
[/dohtml]

RE: rise from the ashes - Itai - Mar 31, 2013

[dohtml]

The ivory wolf comes closer to her, and Itai turns her body to look at him head-on. She keeps herself lowered a bit to show she means no harm. With her mouth thankfully providing her with saliva once more, she can speak clearly. "No worries." A warm smile glows on her face before she looks back to the water. She breathes calmly, her body relaxes. Taking in a short breath, she looks to him once more.

"I constantly worry if I'm wandering into pack territory," she says suddenly. Her gaze is sharp as they fall back upon the pair of orange eyes. She sidesteps now, to the edge of the water. Her tail sways for a brief second before speaks once more "I'm sorry," she almost blushes now. For some reason, she felt fine around this wolf, and it had caused her to speak freely. "Stress."

Her excuse is a lame one, and if this wolf was smart enough (which she expected him to be), he would see right through it. The soft smile returns now, and it returns with a sheepish undertone.

[/dohtml]

RE: rise from the ashes - Phineas - Apr 03, 2013

[dohtml]

She lowered herself neutrally as well, though Phineas was certain he seen an air of caution surpass over the she-wolf. Of course, her words met the cold spring air and were followed with a smile that could thaw the grounds from snow itself, and the ivory wolf felt his own lips tug to a small smirk.

She openly provided concern to him, and the male took the statement with little thought. Relic Lore it seemed flourished greatly, and he offered a nod of understanding to the she-wolf. Upon his own arrival, the Argyris wolf had settled quickly within a pack, caring not to seek the other possibilities within the valleys. Of course, if he had, perhaps Elettra Archer wouldn’t have shattered his heart so swiftly.. and yet, had he chosen a pack in the northern Eden, perhaps he never would have met Borlla either.

Fate was a tricky thing, though Phineas was never one to dwell on such matters. The events of life had played out, and while the ebony she-wolf haunted his mind, his heart turned to his future: Borlla Tainn.

His pink tongue slides across his lips as he takes a moment’s pause to think. Shifting his weight back to settle to his haunches on what he hoped appeared to be casual to the stranger, he canted his muzzle to the left. “Do you seek a pack? Or to avoid them? There are many in these lands.” There was a small pause as he too felt a surge of stress press to his chest. He and Borlla would need to settle somewhere where there was little competition from their neighbours. “And more arising.”
[/dohtml]

RE: rise from the ashes - Itai - Apr 09, 2013

[dohtml]

Something about this wolf drew Itai in. She was curious, and wished to delve more into his personality and mindset. She listens to his questions before she returns her answers. "I am looking. I've met a wolf named Fenru. That is the only wolf I know of from a pack thus far." Her eyes lock onto his to see a reaction. Perhaps he knows of that wolf. She enjoyed her hunt with the River wolf, and hoped to see him sometime in the future. As she gazes at Phineas, she decides to speak again. "More arising?" Her question coos from her throat before she takes a step toward him.

The flow of the water next to them is relaxing. She wants to break her attention away from him to look, but she is too fascinated. After stepping forward, she too seats herself. Her rump lands softly on the dirt, and she finally looks to the side. Light colored eyes observe the flowing waters, and ears take in the babbling sounds. Thoughts begin to run through her mind. She really should join a pack sometime soon. There was no point in going on as a lone wolf. It was nothing but a bother.

She wrinkles her nose in a bit of dismay before she brings her attention back to the ivory coated one near her. Itai lurches forward slightly, awaiting his next words. It didn't seem that he belonged to a pack, but how was she to know? It had seemed these new lands she brought herself into were full of mysterious wolves. It was overwhelming. Fortunately, though, the wolves whom she had run into were all kind to some degree- none have bared teeth at her just yet.

[/dohtml]

RE: rise from the ashes - Phineas - Apr 16, 2013

[dohtml]

He listened to her words, a small nod given in understanding; she had many choices before her, and as a newcomer to the land it was never an easy one. His method had been to join the first pack he had come across, and while not ideal in the mind of many, it had worked well for him. The fleeting time he had spent in Willow Ridge had restored his longing to be of a pack and family once more.. something he had feared he had forgotten the moment his paws had carried him away from his birth pack.

Giving an idle flick of his tail, a small half-grin lifted the corner of his muzzle, her question causing the male to lift his shoulders in a shrug. He wasn’t necessarily beating around the bush with his intentions of recruitment, but nor was he willing to fully pressure the girl to following him. “My mate is pregnant. We will travel over the mountains in a few weeks time to settle and claim land there – there are too many packs within these regions for my taste. Though, we are looking for others to join us..” He trailed off then, canting his muzzle.

He fell silent for a moment, studying the pale gold and brown of her coat, noting the sparse bits of silver that flecked within it. She reminded him of his family, and he felt a lurch in his chest for a heartfelt moment – though, in fairness, she was much more subdued than the Argyris brothers. The smallest crinkle of her nose drew his interest, though he did not question her thoughts. “But I stayed with a pack here during the winter called Willow Ridge. Elettra, the lady of the pack, was kind enough to take me in for the harsh season.”
[/dohtml]

RE: rise from the ashes - Itai - Apr 16, 2013

[dohtml]

"I met her briefly," Itai says now. She nods her head before she speaks once more, "My time is limited as a lone wolf. I will likely have to join a pack soon." Her light brown eyes glisten from the water's reflection before she sighs. Her tail flicks irritably and hits the ground beside her. She shakes her head lightly before she looks at the wolf next to her. Her tongue clicks atop the roof of her mouth.

"Itai, by the way." Her eyes are sharp as she looks at him. If he didn't want to give his name, that would be fine by her. She was only being polite. It was much rather in her interests to make this wolf a friend rather than a foe. She was looking for a pack at the moment, but the ivory wolf she now spoke to hasn't even formed one yet. Thoughts roll around in Itai's mind.

She began to calculate. What if she waited it out a little longer to join this wolf and his mate? Would it be worth it, or should she join a pack right now? She almost wants to dunk her head into the freezing cold water before her. Anything to stop the testing questions. Instead, she remains calm and collected, her demeanor that of a stoic being.

[/dohtml]

RE: rise from the ashes - Phineas - Apr 16, 2013

[dohtml]

He gave a nod at her statement – apparently, Elettra was a wolf the girl was familiar with. Stirring his thoughts elsewhere from the dark lady who had unknowingly stomped his heart flat, Phineas briefly studied the she-wolf before noting the flick of her tail and the shake of her muzzle. Glancing away, wishing to give the girl a moment’s breathe to adjust to his sudden appearance, he caught view from his peripheral of a bird sweeping past, carrying what appeared to be a small rodent in its clutches.

She spoke once more, this time introducing herself and causing his gaze to focus once more upon her. “Phineas,” he returned, though soon allowing the silence to stretch between them. She seemed to be at a crossroads with herself, though the ivory beast could not place why – after all, he was no mind reader. Instead, his shoulders rolled back in a light stretch before he gave his pelt a quick and casual shake. “You seem to be pensive,” he noted, wondering if there was anything he could aid the girl with. While he knew very little of the lands, he wasn’t entirely unknowledgeable about the topic… though, perhaps her mind was far from seeking a home. “I could leave you to your thoughts if you wish,” he rumbled with an apologetic smile, his paws leading him a few traipses back from the girl.
[/dohtml]

RE: rise from the ashes - Itai - May 11, 2013

[dohtml]

She wants to move, but she doesn't. She remains seated. Her eyes lock back onto the water. With a nervous flutter overcoming her, she speaks. "I'm sorry, Phineas. I don't mean to be rude." A frown tugs at her lips as her eyes follow the flow of the water. "I've much to think about." He was correct. She was very pensive at the moment. Unfortunately, such could bring her into a bad mood. She didn't want him to be around if that had happened. He seemed kind enough, smart enough. Itai appreciated his presence.

Her tail tucks closer to her haunch as she seems to make herself shrink. Her fur remains smooth as she brings herself down into a laying position. "I would rather you not see me as such. I need to figure out what I am doing." Itai sighs before she rests her head on her paws. It felt good to be laying down. She was relaxing for once, though her head was a storm of thoughts. Itai prays the wolf does not think poorly of her. She was kind a moment ago, but the loner life has begun to take its toll. She has grown tired. Her lids begin to flutter before she peers to Phineas. With a dip of her head, she apologizes "I would like to find you, eventually."

[/dohtml]