Ruins of Wildwood
Mountain of Dire this would be the first time, and no it wasn't fun - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore I (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: Mountain of Dire this would be the first time, and no it wasn't fun (/showthread.php?tid=407)

Pages: 1 2

this would be the first time, and no it wasn't fun - Alexander - Aug 25, 2010

awkwardly out of order, this thread comes before the one in The Wildwood. >> he's not apart of Midnight Plateau yet, basically.
[dohtml]
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/straightoxic/Alexander/alextable.png) top center no-repeat; background-color: #816984;">
It had started at Bramble Falls. That pleasant waterfall that could easily have you convinced that you needed nothing else in this world. It was all there for you. And then, not far from that was the Mountain of Dire. One look at it, and it only helped you believe that Bramble Falls was all you needed. Why climb the mountain if you didn't have to? It would have been a wise thought for Alexander. But since he'd laid eyes upon the mountain, he'd wanted to climb it. It would be a solo expedition, he assumed, since there was no one around the falls, but he didn't mind. All for one, and one for all.

Of course, he'd started with all the courage in the world, but as the paths got steeper, and seemed to disappear altogether, Alexander's courage began to wear thin. He left a thin, patchy trail of blood behind him as his paw pads split and cracked. To top it all off, he wasn't quite sure where he was, and he'd been climbing for most of the day. The sun was quickly dropping out of the sky. He was well overdue for some form of break, and found a small ledge to settle himself on where he could mend his wounded paws.

[/dohtml]

this would be the first time, and no it wasn't fun - Lífdís - Oct 06, 2010

[dohtml]

Exploring was something that she had learned to enjoy during her life as a lone wolf. Mountains were landscapes she avoided mostly, yet today the slight ivory girl felt the desire to trek up the wondrous heights and catch a glimpse of the large valley of Relic Lore below; she imagined it would be quite a beautiful sight.

She moved with graceful ease – after all, she had been born upon a dangerous mountain and thrived upon it until she had decided to create a life of her own. Every so often the she-wolf would shoot a glance behind her shoulder, her cinnamon eyes trailing to the scenery below in mild appreciation. The climb would certainly be worth it, and the cooling temperatures as she moved higher stirred a bought of nostalgia to her heart.

She had more or less lost track of time, though it mattered little. She had no one to go home to. The sun was beginning to settle in the horizon and just as the arctic hybrid was beginning to seek a place to rest for the night, the scent of blood pooled her senses. Blinking, her gaze swung down to the bloodied pawprints, causing her wolfish brows to arch in curiosity. While she wasn’t necessarily a social wolf, she did find her lifestyle lonely. With that, the ivory wolf swept forward, following the trail of blood. The wolf was not far, and coming to a ledge, her eyes fell upon him not too far off. Swinging her muzzle slightly lower to show she meant no harm, the female gave a low woof to announce her presence.
[/dohtml]

this would be the first time, and no it wasn't fun - Alexander - Oct 09, 2010

[dohtml]
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/straightoxic/Alexander/alextable.png) top center no-repeat; background-color: #816984;">
A few halfhearted licks, and Alexander decided it would just be best to let them heal. They'd grow stronger with time upon the rough rocky terrain, and licking at them would only make it that much harder to walk later. So, he let them be, and settled, quite enjoying the darkness and the cool feeling of the air. The altitude had made him earlier a bit queasy, but that had been whisked away as time passed. He had the urge to rise up again, just to keep moving, when he heard a bark from above.

His pale yellow eyes searched for the source, and spotted it in the form of a whitish looking wolf. He barked back, acknowledging her presence. "Hello?" Light brows rose in question, and he shifted his position to get a better look at her in the darkness. She was still a little ways off, and he pondered how she'd get to the ledge, if she so desired.

[/dohtml]

this would be the first time, and no it wasn't fun - Lífdís - Oct 15, 2010

[dohtml]

As the male lifted his muzzle up to her, Lifdis found her cinnamon eyes tracing features of stark ivory against a handsome coat of silver. Her lips curled to a coy smile as the male finally noticed her presence, and to his greeting, the she-wolf bowed her muzzle lightly in return. He was separated from her to the rocky and dangerous ledges, and while she had grew up upon the frightful mountain, she did not know the contours and crevices of this one.

“Are you hurt?” Her eyes strayed back to the direction she had come from, though she could no longer see the bloodied paw prints. He must have taken a different path than she had. She was no healer by any regard, but that did not mean she would walk past a soul in need without offering any support or help.
[/dohtml]

this would be the first time, and no it wasn't fun - Alexander - Oct 15, 2010

[dohtml]
Alexander went about pondering how the female expected to get over to his ledge, then his mind drifted to the various paths she could take. Of course, he had to look around to find the paths, and his pale eyes flickered about, tracing paths in an attempt to lace the two ledges together...But it was much like trying to solve a maze while missing a large piece of the paper. Oh well, it didn't matter much now.

"Oh no!" Alexander shook his head quite furvently, then sneaked a peek at his paws again. "Just some scrapes on my paws. Not really used to climbing up on the rocks." With a chuckle, he retucked them. "It's my first time on the mountain."

[/dohtml]

this would be the first time, and no it wasn't fun - Lífdís - Oct 29, 2010

[dohtml]
Her thoughts had strayed on how she could gap the distance between them, just as he had. But upon his insistence that he was fine, her lithe figure relaxed lightly, and the pale she-wolf gave a small nod of understanding. Without the need to find a way over to the ledge the silver male stood on and help his cut paw, the she-wolf settled easily to her haunches, perfectly content at having a small conversation with a treacherous mountain ledge between them.

“It’s quite the mountain,” she agreed, her cinnamon eyes drifted from him momentarily to take a quick glance around. A small smile pressed to her lips now. “I was born on a mountain,” she spoke, if only to keep the topic light. “But this one is very different from my home.”
[/dohtml]

this would be the first time, and no it wasn't fun - Alexander - Oct 31, 2010

[dohtml]
How silly he felt, lying on the mountain, leaving a bloody trail behind him. He was lucky no mountainous predators had come to find him. Not that a barely injured paw would keep him from defending himself, and, no doubt, winning. He rolled his lower half to the opposite side, trying to get a bit more comfortable now. It was a bit hard when one was lying on rock, but it usually took him a bit of time to even realize that it was beginning to get sore.

"Born on a mountain? Really?" It wasn't too hard to believe, he supposed, but he still couldn't help being surprised and impressed. It almost implied power, to him, somehow. It wasn't like being born on flat, soft land. This terrain offered more danger than anything below could. "How so?" He tilted his head to the side, curiosity lining his tone. This was the only mountain he'd ever seen, though he'd always had a mental image. But how could mountains be different? "Flat land for me, though I think I like it up here. My paws'll have to get used to it." Alexander chuckled, and smirked, honestly feeling right at home.

[/dohtml]

this would be the first time, and no it wasn't fun - Lífdís - Nov 03, 2010

[dohtml]

The conversation became more friendly and open – a very reason that stirred a soft smile to the lips of the pale she-wolf. She merely nodded in answer to his question, and before wondering if it was rude or not, the rogue female slid herself further to the ground, stretching her ivory belly to the slopes of the mountain.

Canting her silver-speckled muzzle lightly, the female offered a graceful shrug to his next question. “Ragnarök Peak was a mountain claimed by my father. He was captured from the north and taken to this land.” She paused momentarily, trying to keep the topic on track. “It was a large and cold mountain, but this one is much larger.. and the slopes seem rockier and more unpredictable than my home.” Her light accent was more dominant the faster she spoke, but she seemed to take no notice as her companion stated his preference to land. “I love forests, myself,” she mused aloud, her eyes trailing over him once more.
[/dohtml]

this would be the first time, and no it wasn't fun - Alexander - Nov 06, 2010

[dohtml]
Alexander was openly pleased to see that the girl had stretched herself out as well. He'd been beginning to feel as if he was being rude for still lounging on the rock, despite his excuse, and now that she had done the same, he felt better. That, and it now meant that they were both reasonably comfortable around each other, which may have had something to do with the fact that they weren't able to get to each other. He wondered if it would have been different if there hadn't been a gaping space between them.

"Ragnarök Peak..." Alexander repeated, slightly dreamily as he tried to imagine if it was any different than this mountain. The girl quickly described it. So, this Ragnarök was colder than Dire, but Dire had it beaten in size. Alex decided he liked height, rather than freezing. "Forests are easier. I was born in a large open space, away from trees and mountains alike." He laughed, rather surprised that he liked the mountain as he did. "So, what's your name?"

[/dohtml]

this would be the first time, and no it wasn't fun - Lífdís - Nov 07, 2010

[dohtml]

As she settled comfortably upon the rocky ground, the she-wolf took a moment to smooth a few stray hairs along the length of her forepaws. She could hear the murmur of her companion as he repeated the name of her home in such a way that caused a small smile to lift at her muzzle. Glancing up to the handsome wolf, her cinnamon eyes roamed across him for only a split second, once more taking in the uniqueness of his pelt.

His comment of his birthplace did not stir a comment from her, but she did give a nod to allow him to know she had heard him. It would seem they had very different environments when they were younger. At his question to her name, the pale dove gave a quick blink of surprise. She hadn’t introduced herself yet! “Oh!” She straightened her figure then, feeling slightly admonished. “Forgive my rudeness. I am Lífdís Eyjólfur. And yourself?”
[/dohtml]