Ruins of Wildwood
Bramble Falls diabolical - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore III (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Thread: Bramble Falls diabolical (/showthread.php?tid=4181)

Pages: 1 2

diabolical - Borlla - Apr 10, 2013

@Teketa! (made this all-welcome on the off chance another wolf that Phineas recruited wanted to join in, maybe?)
Overcast — Current Temperature: 41° F/5° C
[dohtml]
Again, she called Bramble Falls home. It wasn't a comfortable home. Physically, it was lovely. The sound of the waterfall, and lushness of the grass. But she could see the forest from wherever she seemed to lie, and mentally, it was less than pleasurable. But there wasn't much of an option for her, travel-wise. She was certainly showing signs of pregnancy now, and while it didn't slow her down much, she knew well enough that over-exerting herself certainly wasn't wise. So, the mixture of staying still and her raging hormones made for a less than happy Borlla.

For days now, she'd allowed ingress to boredom but had recently taken up letting her tail hang in the pool at the foot of the falls. Why? Since the weather had begun to warm up ("warm" was a bit of an over exaggeration though, mostly it wasn't snowing), the creatures in the pool had become more active. Once they'd discovered that the tail was no threat, they'd taken to playing with it. Or more like nibbling on it before darting away. The feeling was so very strange, but amusing enough that it kept her from going insane. Visitors, save for Phineas and the few wolves he'd recruited. Lucero being one of them. Borlla liked the girl, she had to say. She was just looking forward to their journey and she could finally get herself moving again.

Today, though mildly chilly, was no different from the day before. She lay at the edge of the pool, facing towards the distant forest's edge, with her tail disappeared into the water. A faint smile was on her face, and her head was on her paws. Early afternoon was giving way to late afternoon, so the temperature would drop soon. If only the clouds did not make a fool of the sun, she'd be up and about. But here she was. Trying to pretend that she was relaxing, rather than being disgustingly bored.<b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

[/dohtml]

RE: diabolical - Teketa - Apr 10, 2013

[dohtml]

If you waited long enough, any monotonous atmosphere could be broken. Anything could happen... or a stranger might find ingress and things could get interesting. Teketa grew up in forests like this one. They were all the same in many ways. Likewise, they were often unique in one way or another. Teketa wasn't sure what this one's "one special thing" was until he caught the sound of burbling water. A drink might be nice. But then, he wasn't terribly thirsty. So it was more like curiosity that drew him toward the falls. He had no name for them - didn't care to have one - but drew forward as if no purpose could be better. ...if approaching a whispering fall could be called a purpose.

He paid mind of his step; he was wont to do so as a loner. He carried his head level with his shoulders, kept his nose twitching and investigating, listened constantly for the slightest changes in the atmospheric noises around him. The closer he came to the falls though, the less he could hear over the cacophony; he began to rely on sight. Sight, and scent. It was scent that first brought his attention to the fact he was not alone here. It was not a scent on a passing breeze. It was a cloud; someone had been here and, he judged by its strength, they were still here. Teketa froze, his nose close to the ground to learn all he could. His eyes though, remained up. They were bright and alert, more yellow today than green. They seemed to move constantly, those eyes. It wasn't the darting nervousness of a frightened wolf that glinted in them however; no, his eyes took in everything around him... they were keen and intelligent.

It was with renewed caution that Teketa moved forward again. His head remained lower than it had been moments before: he followed the strongest scent as closely as he could until he saw something white among the melting snow that was neither wet nor glistening. He stopped then, his head lifting higher and ears perking up. A she-wolf. He could see enough of her to know she was resting, but he could not see her face. What he could see he counted as strange: her tail was submerged in the waters of the stream. It must have been cold. Thick fur padded well enough, insulated enough, against wind. But against water? Water was piercing - like tooth or claw. Bitter, bitter cold.

Teketa offered no proper greeting, though his tail seemed to sway once - uneasily - behind him. She was bound to notice him. He would determine his move once she had made hers. On the other hand, the sound of the falls might've hidden the noise of his pawsteps, and her head was on the ground. Would she smell him - as he had her - before she saw him. These things he considered as he stood by austerely.

[/dohtml]

RE: diabolical - Borlla - Apr 27, 2013

[dohtml]
Her eyelids twitched as she laid there, tail swaying through the water. Though, at first, the water had been chilly, she was beginning to realize that the feeling was beginning to fade. The gentle kisses of the fishes were fading, and Borlla sighed, eyes opening slowly as she freed her appendage from the icy depths. The weight of it made an audible sound upon the grasses as she soaked the surrounding earth. A small snort uttered from her nostrils and she stretched her legs out in a stretch for a moment. She gave a minute pause mid-stretch as a curious smell filtered in through her mouth. Oh, it seemed as though she'd be spared of another moment alone. Of course, this was slightly silly of her, lounging around, silently complaining to herself. Sure, she didn't want to "over-exert" herself, but she very easily could have wandered the lower climbs of the mountain, or wander along the stoney base. But she supposed it hardly mattered now.

<b style="color:#32527a">"Hello?" She called out, rising to her paws once her stretch was concluded. Her ears twitched with interest, one brow cocked over searching eyes. A curious smirk was splayed on her muzzle and she took a step or two forward, suddenly spotting the darker mass. One paw lifted, paused in her stride, and she eyed the stranger curiously. Her tongue flicked over her jowls, waiting for the man to say his part, for she'd already said hers. Though she wondered, how long had he been standing there? Probably not long, since she'd only now scented him. Then again, she hadn't exactly been on the look out. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

[/dohtml]

RE: diabolical - Teketa - Apr 28, 2013

Hey, just as a heads up: in a thread dating after this, Teketa has been wounded and kinda forced to seek aid at the nearest pack (Whisper Caverns). Which will almost certainly involve his joining to pay off a "debt." So Tekky won't be following anyone over the mountain... at least not anytime soon. ;) In the mean time, I'll play this as if he'd still consider etc. - 'cause he would. xD

[dohtml]

His ear twitched rather against his will when the she-wolf shifted, her tail slopping out of the water like a wet mop. Teketa stood firmly in place, his spine prickling the slightest bit. His fur didn't stand on end exactly, but he had no doubt he looked... fluffier than normal. At least until she spoke and found her own feet. Only then did Teketa shift, his head lowering slightly. She greeted him civilly, and he found he could do no less for the woman before him.

"Hello."

It wasn't exactly a mindblowing phrase or an exaggeratedly eloquent, well-wishing greeting. But it was a greeting, was it not? Only his luminescent eyes remained focused on her, his mouth scarcely moving even when he'd spoken moments before. He probably looked a little awkward, just standing there with his head lowered slightly and one ear cocked just the smallest bit. The thing about forests was, you never knew what - or who - you would find in them. You could come across all sorts of dangerous sorts. Or, he supposed, potential allies. Hmph. Yeah. As if. But he'd leave his judgments for later and at least act the part of a gentleman.

"Pardon me. I meant no intrusion," he said after an awkward pause. He didn't move. He wasn't really waiting for permission or anything, but he did seem unwilling to move right away for one reason or another. Perhaps he was still deciding whether the female would be a problem or not. Perhaps. Lifting his head a little higher, he seemed ready to speak for a moment but thought better of it, instead allowing his eyes to dart to the water for the briefest second. He was beginning to feel more awkward the longer he stood still so he finally broke his statuesque pose and shifted his weight toward the pool. Flicking an ear to indicate the water, his eyes remained on the female even as his head turned, "Do you mind?" He asked softly - to see if he might drink in her presence.

[/dohtml]

Sorrrrry. Lame post is lame. >_<

RE: diabolical - Borlla - May 09, 2013

hehe alright~ thanks for letting me know.

[dohtml]
Borlla shifted on her paws, not interested in moving towards him. Polite words were all she could give him, as a terrible jumble of hormones took him as something of a threat. A strange male. Polite, but strange, and she'd learned that anyone could be polite but still want to tear you apart at the same time. She was reminded of Weldering so long ago. She'd been so foolish at the time, fawning after him like the child she was, even after he'd turned on her family. Her gaze was watchful, and a gentle smile on her face. From the way things seemed now, she was more weary of him. The way he hung his head, hardly spoke...What was he trying to hide? Her eyes narrowed a bit, her own head dropping, the fur along her back lifted slightly. She'd caught him, maybe that was it. He hadn't intended to be seen. So, what were his intentions then?

Straightening up, she let her tail sway behind her, steadily drying it out. Her own ears flicked, and she gave a tiny shrug, going up on her toes for a split second. <b style="color:#32527a">"Oh, no. It's fine. You've given me something to do." The woman chuckled, bobbing her head. Her voice was lilting, hoping to encourage him to be a bit less...Threatening. But then he suddenly shifted, and her own paws moved in mild defense. But with his intentions clear thereafter, she sidestepped, and nodded. <b style="color:#32527a">"Not at all. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

[/dohtml]

RE: diabolical - Teketa - May 10, 2013

[dohtml]

She smiled gently, but caution haunted her eyes. Caution was necessary with strangers, yes. But he could see now that she shifted she had particular reason to be so wary: the swell was slight, but he knew a pregnant wolf when he saw one. His harsh façade broke for a moment. It was only a moment, but enough of a change to show he knew she was expecting and, maybe, that he wasn't entirely the guarded stranger he let on. Fast as memories had come (both happy and sad) they vanished and he dipped his head.

She spoke then, "Oh, no. It's fine. You've given me something to do."

Teketa resisted a small smirk as he watched her from the corner of his eye. He moved to the water and drank quickly, neatly, and then - still cleaning his chops of droplets - turned to face her once more. He regarded her perhaps a little too openly for a moment as he wondered: where was her mate? She was out here, undefended? No, surely she had a mate somewhere, waiting to return to her. Teketa felt a twinge of nervousness. Nevertheless, he masked it with the briefest of smiles - perhaps intending to reassure her - then spoke: "Thank you. I... did not expect to find anyone. But I am finding more wolves seem to live here than the land from whence I came," he explained, unexpectedly talkative for the moment. Perhaps it was because she had stated he'd given her something to do. She was a bored she-wolf then. On the other paw, was it his place to entertain? No. He should go... he shouldn't trouble her. But he lingered for a moment more, perhaps wondering where the man is who should be guarding her. Pregnant ladies should be guarded, yes?

Secretly annoyed at his own hesitation, Teketa made to step away, his head lowered again as it had been when she first spotted him. He was curious, but had no wish to get into trouble.

[/dohtml]

RE: diabolical - Borlla - May 10, 2013

[dohtml]
Whatever the brief lapse had exposed, she'd missed it. Perhaps blind to it, or too caught up in ensure that he wasn't about to make any sudden moves. But she moved slightly out of the way when he came in to drink, eyes dropped slightly to resist staring at him. So far, so good, she supposed, and so she dropped her guard for the moment, finding discomfort in the continuous stare she'd unleashed upon him. Her damp tail swept around her haunch as she settled upon them. Ears twitched, listening for Phineas, but she failed to hear any evidence of his return. She hoped he'd return soon, preferably with something delicious in tow. Admittedly, she felt rather guilty, leaving all the hunting to him. Certainly it was something he'd prefer, but still...

<b style="color:#32527a">"Oh yes," She answered quickly, a brief nod shaking her from her distractions. <b style="color:#32527a">"This place is filled right up to the gills." There was a twinge of irritation in her voice, and her eyes shifted in the direction of the woods, the woods that kept the Swift River wolves. Her teeth clicked together quietly as silence took over again. He seemed rather withdrawn, fighting her own usually chatty nature. A brow rose, and her head tilted to eye him, <b style="color:#32527a">"Where was 'whence'?" She asked, rather bluntly. She'd seen some of the world outside of this place, and while she was certain they hadn't seen the same places, for his scent held nothing familiar, she liked to hear the stories of others. Of course, she'd be willing to share if he was. And, if not, well, she supposed that was that. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

[/dohtml]

RE: diabolical - Teketa - May 10, 2013

[dohtml]

He didn't get very far. Barely a paw lifted and touched down again before the woman was speaking. This time, Teketa did smirk. At least we might agree on something: too many wolves. He took her irritation to be at this fact. Standing still again, he wondered if he might say more, but as the woman might have observed by now, he didn't necessarily hand out facts like candy. He came and went, usually without a word. Just a greeting was more than his usual fare. Yet here he made the curious exception as he conversed with the white female.

"Where was 'whence'?" she asked suddenly; a little caught off-guard by the question, Teketa paused a moment before answering at all. He hadn't expected to be interrogated at all. Not that he minded per se... he was merely unaccustomed to ongoing conversation. "South and east of here; I skirted the mountains to find this place."

A touch of bitterness edged his mind. Enough reminiscing, he decided then and there, an ear flicking in mild irritation. Perhaps that was what spurred him on to be a little less considerate, just for a moment, and he stumbled on to a new subject: "My lady, I see you are expecting. Forgive me if I am forward, but..." his ears pricked up and his voice became a touch more gentle than it had been. His irritation was either masked or gone entirely as he left unspoken "where is the father?" and instead asked, "...have you others watching over you now?" Maybe she had a pack. Maybe only her mate. At least it changed the subject.

[/dohtml]

RE: diabolical - Borlla - May 21, 2013

[dohtml]
She watched him silently, gradually relaxing in her place. It was nice to have company, even mysterious company. Hell, she was pretty mysterious to him, right? Both loners who may or may not have led questionable lives. Maybe even two wolves who weren't the most sociable of souls going out of their ways to make some sort of effort. Well, that was her case, at least. Loneliness had gotten the best of her...Not to mention she wanted to make some sort of effort for Phineas. Their family would be more than just him and her eventually. And she'd learned a long time ago that being unpleasant got her nowhere in life.

Thankfully he seemed willing to keep their little conversation going. Good, they were both going to make an effort. Her tail swayed behind her, a smile on her face now. <b style="color:#32527a">"Well, despite its heavy population, I hope you can find a niche." She gave her shoulders a little shrug, bobbing her head. His question brought forth another shrug from her slim shoulders. <b style="color:#32527a">"My mate is out hunting. At the current time, I'm more or less alone." Honest was her answer, though she was certain that Luce might have been in the vicinity as well, and Phineas was no more than a simple howl away. <b style="color:#32527a">"I'm quite able to take care of myself though, I assure you." Borlla laughed a little, an edge to the sound, however. He hadn't seemed threatening, but his question made her slightly uneasy. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

[/dohtml]

RE: diabolical - Teketa - May 23, 2013

[dohtml]

"Well, despite its heavy population, I hope you can find a niche." Well-wishing? Teketa's brain backpedaled for a moment before he recovered his senses and his manners. Tilting his muzzle downward, he responded politely, "Thank you. I may yet," he did not continue until after he had seated himself and the Lady had finished. He was a little surprised at his own movements. He never meant to threaten, no, but now he made as much abundantly clear just by sitting. If she didn't like it - his making himself at least a little more comfortable - he'd be up in an instant, and perhaps gone through the trees without a second thought or a last word.

"I see." It didn't seem fair to leave her with only that for a reply however, and the male fought with himself for a moment. No need to share more yet. "I am certain you are, Lady," he agreed after a moment, no trace of mockery in his voice; he was earnest in his response at least. He noted her laughter however; he thought it nervous, perhaps uncertain. He frowned. He had been too forward. But he couldn't take it back now, and she had responded.

"I asked because I-" he paused, considered his word-choice, moved on, "-I believe what you carry is infinitely precious," He stopped, clearly not meaning to go on though he easily could have. He remembered a time - a place... and he thought of things that could have been. He would have been reluctant to leave his wife alone- he had been. He continued on more carefully than before, his head tilting as he asked further questions of the woman: "You are forming a pack?"

He'd scented no borders - no indication of a pack's presence. But Teketa understood that taking care of pups meant establishing a territory and he knew it took a pack to raise children properly. That seemed to be the extent of his knowledge, or he chose to think no further. His ideals had never been shared by his pack... their beliefs in the theurgy of their spirits... he would not have continued their practices. Only she would have been his guide.

[/dohtml]