Ruins of Wildwood
on a big ol' fancy car - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore IV (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=99)
+---- Thread: on a big ol' fancy car (/showthread.php?tid=4523)

Pages: 1 2

on a big ol' fancy car - Inkheart - May 19, 2013

[dohtml]
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">

It was unusually quiet for him still. Perhaps it had been unwise for him to think that things would be different once he joined a pack, but so far it had been the same. Inkheart still did not know many others within the pack or really anybody outside of it either. It would get better with time he assumed, though he was also smart enough to realize that he might need to start making an effort to meet others. So he would go out this morning to border check and scout, making picking up lunch in the process.

Once getting to the borders the wind began to pick up just a bit and he looked up to the sky to gaze at the overcast skies. It was very beautiful out, curious weather but calm and no storm clouds arriving. This was comforting, knowing that he would be able to enjoy a day out to explore the surrounding areas. His traveling feet led him eastward towards the Sierra Hills where he saw a flash of orange dash out of sight. Being as intrigued as he was, Inkheart moved off towards where the movement had come from and lo and behold he came across a couple foxes staring him down.

With one low growl the pair scattered back across the jagged hills, leaving Inkheart sastisfied but yet now completely without purpose. He had come this far into the outer lands but climbing over these mountains would be more work than it was worth—and dangerous too. So, he simply turned south where he would eventually cross into Umbra Corpse; though, he didn’t expect to go much further than that.

[/dohtml]

RE: on a big ol' fancy car - Arlette - Jun 17, 2013

[dohtml]

Arlette Dieudonné Lyall

White head held quite high, quite unnatural for the lady, she walked quite far without seeing much below her paws. The morning sun was showing a striking new location, she wanted to take a closer look upon. Red hills that cut against the blue, like bloody teeth. No, they were not of crimson, dark and rich. More like fire, if a piece of the sun on earth.

Leaving new faces behind her, on this side of the Lore she let the red glow of the west draw her. Arlette had seen nothing like it in all her life, and could not take her curious eyes off the miniature mountains. They were not like the steel of the east mountain chain with their white caps, and cold fronts. They were inviting, and warm by their color. In fact she kept imagining what happened as the sun fell from the sky, its last rays striking on the sand rock. Did they change to pink? Yellow? Or would she have to cross them to see them differently?

That idea made white ears fold back at odd angles. No, she did not care to see what was on the other side of their tops. Pausing, she tried to peer more closely and felt only two kind of wolves would attempt their steep sides. Stupid or insane, if they could even be climbed. With a wistful sigh, she still wasn't sure where she was really going only who she was looking for. Right then she didn't care to think if she would find them. So instead she tried to be grateful for the cool of morning, and the view that held most of her attention. Could she join a pack again?

[/dohtml]

RE: on a big ol' fancy car - Inkheart - Jun 17, 2013

[dohtml]

all these roads still be wrong
INKHEART
but i still drive them all night long

I wish Skylah was still around. I feel guilty for Inkheart suddenly abandoning their proposition. OMG i just realized that Arlette is Amelie's daughter >_> does she know who her parents were? I just read her bio.

Even in the few times that he had lived within the Lore before, he had never set eyes upon this territory. It would have been foolish to say it never existed until now, as the Earth (as far as he knew) had never randomly decided that one day they would put a new formation for all to see. So he must not have been paying attention or had never cared enough to venture as far East as he had today. Although his instincts told him that this would not be an obstacle to climb unless he wished to put himself in danger, he didn’t quite have the urge to walk away.

Inkheart continued his scout along the base of the Hills, wandering around its western perimeter as he thought to find a way over it without actually climbing it. He would be lucky to find a straight path or a tunnel to walk through to get over it, but what he might find on the other side seemed secretive. Something that he was not supposed to discover if the structure of the Hills desired to shelter it.

Actions were temporarily through aside as he caught wind of someone, another wolf not too far from his location but it was behind him. Turning his body to the southern end, he spotted a lone female wandering amongst the morning air looking… lost? Or perhaps distressed? Having never been one to ignore an upset woman, he moved in her direction in hopes that she would welcome his company. If not, he would allow her the peace and quiet that she may or may not deire.

[/dohtml]

RE: on a big ol' fancy car - Arlette - Jun 18, 2013

[dohtml]

Arlette Dieudonné Lyall

<3 awe that seemed forever ago, but yes I do remember how they hit it off and missed you guys. But lol xD yeah Lettie is Amelie's. She does know she was her mom. Sorta why she left Relic Lore,mad about being adopted.

The stone appeared to be one giant wall that seemed even larger when she stared from its base. There was still no sight of any where to climb on the vertical surface, no holes to hid in. A thought that had her a bit worried. If she happened to reach the night alone, she rather stay here. It was warm, soaking in the heat of the sun, and she wouldn't have to watch her back so badly. With her luck if she continued to travel from them she would find a place like those terrible woods. That wasn't appealing. In fact she thought it would be a good place for a pack. One place loners could not get passed. A strong landmark for home. There were no wolves here, maybe no one liked the rock wall like she.

The young lady continued walking without caring too much she had no direction but forward. She assured herself just a little more, and she would try to find something to satisfy her empty stomach. That seemed to keep her belly quiet, and she wondered if Hocus or Trisden had traveled this far to see this. They had always been ones for leaving home, going where they shouldn't. A sad smile crept on her face, Taima was a lot like them. While others might been jealous in Arlette's case she only wished now she had said something more to the girl. She was technically the only family she had here.

Trying to brush it aside, wishing she knew if she was right or wrong by her actions she suddenly saw a very dark gentleman (she could hope) heading her way. Intrigued, and yet a little fearful (since he looked like the night had cast him from the sky) she merely watched him come to her. Arlette didn't speak, she wanted to gain a bit of knowledge what kind of man he was first.

[/dohtml]

RE: on a big ol' fancy car - Inkheart - Jun 18, 2013

[dohtml]

INKHEART

yes, i miss skylah. was reading through some of ink's old threads yesterday.

Moving closer towards her he was quite interested in possibly finding out why she seemed so lost. The majority of wolves he had come across in Relic Lore had been pack wolves or knew where they were going every step of the way, but she seemed to just walk. It did not take very long for the female to notice his movement towards her but she didn’t give him any sign to back away or come closer—so he continued a regular stroll to her, his head lowered to show he meant no discomfort.

Once he was within a few meters, he began to take notice of her appearance. It had been an obvious white from far away, but now that they were within range of each other he could see that her fur was somewhat disheveled. This only allow for him to see that she was a bit thinner than he would have expected and this did nothing to soothe his worry for her. She was pretty, still. Though she was somewhat unkempt for what he assumed was likely the path of a loner (a path he knew very well), she had such a sharply angled face with an irregularly petite form which he saw as a very beautiful figure. It was a reminder of a past he once had, but he could never connect the dots to discover that everything wasn’t always just a coincidence.

“I hope not to be rude but you look a little lost,” he allow his tail to be somewhat low and his head stayed at level to avoid any unwanted aggression, “my name is Inkheart.”

[/dohtml]

RE: on a big ol' fancy car - Arlette - Jun 18, 2013

[dohtml]

Arlette Dieudonné Lyall

i was ecstatic you were back :D

There was nothing in her that screamed she should run, or duck and cover. Black wolves didn't necessarily have matching dark hearts. A lesson she had learned in meeting a former Guardian of the Hollow, a leaf she had taken out of life's book that knowledge was the strongest power against fear.

The lady wondered what had caught his interest? The warmer season had a tendency for making her stand out against the colorful background. A white cloud among the blue, in this case red. If she wasn't white would he have noticed her? There were faint lines above her eyes because of her silent questions. While her paws meant to walk slower, they kept steadily drawing her closer to the man who kept his head out of the sky.

The more steps the travelers took, the pale wolf could see he wasn't just a black shadow among the rock. At first he had seemed thin, willowy, but his body wasn't that of a starved loner. There was heavy muscle that adorned his lengthy frame. Now she could see why he was so dark, his pelt was glossy. It wasn't thick and rough, but long wisps of black she couldn't decide whether it made him larger or just more pleasing to the eye. If all that didn't make him a bit intimidating, his eyes were sparks of fire. Would they burn through her? They were on her, and she had yet to catch fire. Likely he was only looking her over in turn as strangers did. How often she wondered what someone saw when they looked at her. Never did she ask.

Trying not to appear gawking, she let her eyes brush past him until he spoke. A faint smile found its way to her muzzle. Lost. Yes, that probably summoned up everything. Instantly, she decided she liked him even if his name was Inkheart. "I am..I have no idea where I'm going," she admitted her smile sheepish now. Politely she offered her name, "I'm Arlette Dieudonné by the way." Since she had met Taima she still couldn't claim Lyall again.

[/dohtml]

RE: on a big ol' fancy car - Inkheart - Jun 18, 2013

[dohtml]

INKHEART

well last night i fell asleep at my computer while replying lol

Perhaps in his previous days it would have been ideal for her to turn the opposite way and leave before he arrived. Back then he wasn’t the friendliest but he wouldn’t attack or take advantage of her, he just would have either been boring company and would’ve pulled a lot of charm out of his pocket. This time, he simply looked for a good reason to communicate with her and always hoped that a mutual connection arose from every encounter. Seeing her not move away from him but instead inch a little closer settled his nerves and he was able to conclude that she was friendly, too.

Eyes were a pretty yellow, certainly just as bright as the sun if not more, and probably blended in quite well with his of fire. “Well, this is the Sierra Hills and to the Northwest is my pack, Magnolia glen and to the Southwest is the Spectral Woods,” at this point Oak Tree Bend did not exist so neither did it in this conversation. Before he introduced himself back to her, he paused. There was something daunting about Dieudonne but what? His brain suddenly began working more than it had, trying to configure where he had heard that name before.

However, when it did finally click he was doubtful that this was who he thought it was. Sure, he knew that Amelie had had children because she had been pregnant the last time he saw her but… this female had to be nearly of adult age. When it came down to it he simply couldn’t ask her if she was the daughter of his long-lost love, he simply couldn’t bare to know. “A very pretty name.” Although he did mean this as a solid form of a compliment he still wanted to instill in her strength since she seemed to be lost. Being forward about things he did know about her might soothe her, he figured.

Sniffing the air he didn’t recognize any form of a pack on her which meant she truly was a loner at this point, which worried him somewhat. He knew loners came in all shapes and sizes, but he felt that he should take care of her. “Are you a loner, Arlette?” Perhaps he could fix this somehow or at the very least help her to a meal.

[/dohtml]

RE: on a big ol' fancy car - Arlette - Jun 19, 2013

[dohtml]

Arlette Dieudonné Lyall

First she had guessed he must have been a loner like her wanting the company of a fellow wolf. That was always the reason she ran into a wanderer. If that was the case he must have recently left a pack. He didn't look the part of a stray after all. Pale eyes swept from his head to toes again, maybe he had no problem feeding himself. Maybe, the deer just fell over in front of him. It was hard not to feel intimidated. The young lady would be wrong again. When he was about a few strides she could pick up the array of different things. Scents of ones that meant nothing to her but that he had a place in this world, a home. Lettie didn't mean to sigh, but a tiny fragile one escaped her. It was really maddening everyone had somewhere they ought to be, but her.

Collecting herself, the weakness gone in that single breath, she tried to relax her tight shoulders. Kindly, he gave her the names of these new places, and of his home. Magnolia Glen, she would do her best to remember that. Especially its location. The once mountain pup had a knack for running into borders without trying. Thoughtful her eyes traced across the grain of the hills again, thinking she would avoid these Spectral Woods. Didn't sound like a place she wanted to be. Attention was quick to snap to the dark fellow, "Is Magnolia Glen new, or have you always lived there?" Quietly, she questioned still with the innocence of someone young. How quick she was to add, "If you don't mind me asking. I've never been on this side of the mountain."

A half smile lit her features in reply to his words. No confusion, no quirked brow thinking it was strange. It was nice to think she was sorta carrying on the legacy she had never known about till last year. Though, she decided it wasn't much. Right now she didn't see herself cut out as a leader as both her parents had been. She couldn't even find the place she had been born, and she could barely feed herself.

White ears casually twitched at his question. While he was being straight forward, it merely reminded her of when she was younger running into those who wanted to safely get her back to Grizzly Hollow. How much she wished to lie, assure him she was not. That truth was painfully obvious. It took her a moment to respond. There was still that question what she was going to do. Slowly her white crown nodded. "Yes," she stated clearly, not able to meet his eyes. Head cast down, and her alto voice became something empty. "My family has left the Lore and I..I don't know what to do," she confessed in a most hushed tone. Maybe, she was reading him wrong thinking he wanted to help her. She needed help, because her crave for others had not changed;she wasn't meant to be alone.

[/dohtml]

RE: on a big ol' fancy car - Inkheart - Jun 19, 2013

[dohtml]

INKHEART

In his youth he likely would have rounded her up to create his own pack or perhaps charmed her into believing that everything he lied about was truth. Now, he simply saw this as an opportunity to make more friends within the Wildwood. He always seemed to be in need of a few more acquaintances here and there, Arlette would be no different. Though they were perfect strangers and one simple thing could slip up a relationship, he held steady. Ink wished for everyone he met to be at peace with him, as it would further his connections in the Lore and provide him with a much happier life than the one he had previously led.

“I guess you could say we’re pretty new,” he answered with a shrug as he recounted the weeks he had spent inside the Glen’s borders, “we gathered almost two months ago to begin the build.” It had been very interesting, as he had never been a part of building a pack before and he respected Phineas for inviting him as well as providing him with a sufficient rank within. Next to come would be a role, of which he was convinced, would likely be a guardian role of sorts. He was able and fit to do the job, so one can only assume.

A smile mirrored hers once he saw a half a smile light her face, a pleasant emotion that he hoped would be conveyed as a good thing. Inkheart wished to provide happiness in his company, so it meant that he was at least portraying enough friendliness for her appeasement. “Well that simply won’t do,” he answered and moved forward hoping to steer her in the pleasant direction that she had been in moments earlier, “if you’d like I am sure that my Alphas would enjoy another member. If not, I can tell you some about other packs here or I can help in any way I can that you would prefer.” Perhaps he made himself too available for those who needed his help, but that was his plan. Inkheart wished to protect those that he felt needed protection, and a woman of her stature need not be out here alone.

[/dohtml]

RE: on a big ol' fancy car - Arlette - Jun 19, 2013

[dohtml]

Arlette Dieudonné Lyall

Under different circumstances, like if she had ran into him first upon her return, she would have shied away. The thought made her sad, but it was easy to cast it aside. Day by day she found more of her old self, the one who could face a challenge despite her voice of doubts. The girl who knew what was right and wrong and spoke up. The girl who liked to make a new friend, and was up for a small adventure. Being completely without direction she was open to someone pointing her the right way.

Inkheart was pretty easy going with his casual shrug. It didn't mean much to her they were new, it was information she ate up any way. There was something about wolves she didn't know that sounded appealing. Magnolia Glen must be beautiful. Might be her mind imagining again what wasn't, but she did like to pretend."Oh, must have pups on the way?" Tried to mention it like a simple statement. That was usually why a pack was made, or so she thought. Arlette had to put images of pups aside. It had been nostalgic enough to meet Taima without thinking of any more Lyall children entering the world she wouldn't meet.

If it wasn't for this own warmness about him, his smile might have looked out of place. It fit his dark lips. She didn't know the old Inkheart.Tail steered around her paws as he shuffled over. While she could have expected his offer, she had not. Pale eyelids brushed against her yellow gaze. It would make the most sense for her to look for a pack. She sorta had been, Fenru hadn't told her where but over the mountain. Even then she wasn't positive she could join his family. Any other place she didn't want to commit if she wasn't sure.It could be a fresh start.

"That's kind of you." The white lady considered how bad it would be to be well fed, in the same place as a considerate and handsome dark wolf. Her smile stretched across her muzzle, "I'll think about it," she answered sincerely. The last pack she had joined on a whim had her wanting to undo her memories.

A gentle laugh eased from her throat at his helpfulness. "Well, unless their are any more packs over here, I think I know the others." With faint amusement to her eyes she catered her head slightly, partially meeting his orange gaze. "Something to eat would be nice, but I insist on sharing if we catch anything."

[/dohtml]