Ruins of Wildwood
Pitch Pine Trail Pack Thread - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore III (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Thread: Pitch Pine Trail Pack Thread (/showthread.php?tid=4927)

Pages: 1 2

Pitch Pine Trail Pack Thread - Spirit of Wildwood - Jul 03, 2013

[dohtml]

Pitch Pine Trail Pack Thread

This is the Pack Interaction Thread for the Pitch Pine Trail pack. This thread is open to all Pitch Pine Trail wolves. The location of this thread is outside the pack den. Because this is a Pack thread, it cannot be archived or removed for inactivity. This serves as a place for basic and general social gathering. However, it will not serve as a place for pack meetings or threads with a specific purpose. For more information, please see THIS informational thread.

[/dohtml]

RE: Pitch Pine Trail Pack Thread - Shade - Jul 04, 2013

[dohtml]

Shade sat within the den, wondering if he had made a mistake with his ranks. Ill was no doubt older, more experienced in life and he was certainly as willing to serve the pack as much as Lachesis or Ace. However he couldn’t help but feel that Lachesis had deserved it for his longer time. He had done it completely in the discrimination of age and experience with the real world, not because he wanted to, but he had no other determining factor. If Lach really wanted that role, Shade was sure that he could achieve it. It was almost like a test in the man’s mind, it was to see if Lachesis was happy with his spot as the currently lowest male, or if he would challenge Ill for it and take his place one step closer to Capella and Ana.

He was worried about the lack of females in the pack. Apart from the two ladies who he loved like family {Capella and Ana} there was only Adsila, the little child of his that was far from being an adult. He feared for her adolescent years, she and Karp did everything together, and they loved each other. They were, after all, family. His tail curled up and his head rested on his paws. It was one of those moments that he would savor, alone in the pack den. Karpos and Adsila no doubt playing nearby, though just out of sight to the older man. All seemed well in his mind, he was a bit closer to the Ridge than originally planned, but he could, and he would cope with it. He would defend his family with his life and challenge anyone who dare question that truth.

[/dohtml]

RE: Pitch Pine Trail Pack Thread - Lachesis - Aug 09, 2013

[dohtml]
ATTN: {Shade}
Things were finally starting to fall into place for the awkward teenager. After weeks of searching for the ‘perfect pack’, XIX and his blue-eyed dove had found somewhere to call home – a place where the yearling felt safe. Being within a pack was where Anastasia belonged; she was not meant for the harsh life of a loner. Lachesis, on the other hand, had grown accustom to the rogue lifestyle – it had taken time, of course, as he had been as skittish as a newborn pup when his brother had forced him to leave the Reserve. However, just before they had gone to Shade to seek acceptance into his small group of loners, the ghost had been questioning whether joining a pack was ideal. He would always follow Anastasia wherever she went, and if pack life was what she wanted than it was what Lachesis wanted. She had saved him and come into his life when he desperately required guidance – for that, the pear-eyed subordinate owed her his life.
While he had questioned pack life before, XIX felt at home among the members of Pitch Pine Trail. He thought that the muddy-eyed Alpha was an excellent leader and adored his children that were under Anastasia’s care. Capella, one of his close friends, was also a member – and was the reason why Lachesis had been so inclined to joining this particular group. And then, much to his surprise, he discovered that Naia – a wolf he had befriended weeks ago – had also joined the Trail. It was remarkable how everything seemed so perfect; it was almost as if he was living in a dream.
After scouting the Fen for possible plants to add to his infirmary, the future Healer realized it was going to be necessary for him to leave the territory. He didn’t like leaving Ana behind, but if this was a role he wanted to pursue XIX needed to be prepared if something were to happen to one of the pack members. Now that Karpos was old enough to eat solid food – as he had been present for the pack’s first official hunt – Lachesis wanted to maintain his promise to take the boy outside the Fen. This, however, required Shade’s permission. Which was precisely why the lanky yearling was hovering by the entrance to the coffee-coloured leader’s den, his pear eyes narrowed as he woofed a soft greeting.

[/dohtml]

RE: Pitch Pine Trail Pack Thread - Shade - Aug 10, 2013

[dohtml]

Shade had been heading back to the den, a rabbit clamped in his jaws as he had a small smile to him. Normally he was relaxed and calm, collected. But he was tense, agitated almost, he had no idea why as well. He was planning on heading out a bit after he got back to the den, intending on going to visit Narime and to talk of an alliance as well as just to visit and old friend, her mate and her pups. It was nice to see faces he knew by heart that he didn't live with. He use to live with her, but that was a while ago, back when they were both in Willow Ridge. Since he hadn't been over there in a while, he figured he should alert Lachesis, just in case he ran into trouble and maybe he should take Spectre or Ana with him, just in case.

He figured that he still knew enough of the area to not get lost {though boy was he going to be wrong} he needed a medic ready at a moments notice. Perhaps Elettra had spies all over, watching in wait for him to cross the pass once more. Or maybe.... just maybe... he was being paranoid and nothing bad would happen. If that was true, it would all be fine. He had a small smile to him, knowing that Karpos and Adsila were growing strong and they were taking Ana not being leader anymore pretty well, and they seemed to be accepting of Spectre, which was a good thing. He wanted everyone to get along and it seemed that it was going to happen. He arrived to see that Lachesis was calling to inside the den for him. "Lachesis, I'm right here." He said, happily as he put down the rabbit.

[/dohtml]

RE: Pitch Pine Trail Pack Thread - Lachesis - Aug 12, 2013

[dohtml]
It had been difficult for the ghostly yearling to settle on which role he was going to pursue within the pack. While he enjoyed fishing and was exceptionally good at it compared to other wolves, XIX also had a knack for medicinal plants and knew that the pack was in dire need of one. Lachesis knew that he could fish whenever he wanted – whether for himself or the pack – but healing was something that most wolves knew little about. Being a healer meant that the boy would always be beneficial to the pack, regardless of how he felt inside. The only issue was that to ensure his infirmary was always stocked the boy would have to leave the pack territory in order to access more plants. He had managed to find some nearby, but the more useful ones were much farther.
While Lachesis was excited to venture out of Dragonfly Fen, he was also worried that something might happen while he was gone. What if something happened to Karpos while they were out? If it was something minor XIX knew that he would be able to treat the pup, but what if it was something worse? What if Shade didn’t trust his son to be alone with the lanky teenager? Or, even worse, what if something happened to a pack member and Lachesis wasn’t readily available? If he did not leave to search for more plants and something happened the boy wouldn’t be prepared – he needed to leave in order to help his pack mates. If he didn’t, he would be just as useless as if he were gone. At least, if he left and came back he would have something to treat the injured wolf with.
Shade’s voice broke him away from his thoughts, a faint smile working its way onto his maw as he lowered his body submissively. The scent inside the den had been so strong that the boy had believed that the chocolate Alpha was inside. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“Hello, Shade,” he greeted in a warm voice, eyes diverted from the leader’s muddy gaze. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“How are you f-fairing today?”

[/dohtml]

RE: Pitch Pine Trail Pack Thread - Shade - Aug 12, 2013

[dohtml]

Shade had a small smile to him, his tail was curled up as he had found it to be natural instinct. His eyes were steady, focused on the white man who was there before him, they conversed, and that was all good. "Pretty well Lachesis, what can I do for you?" He asked, purely curious as to why he was being sought out by the soon to be healer. He hoped something hadn't gone wrong when he was treating Karpos, or that something had happened to the herb stores. If that had happened, things could be pretty bad for everyone, especially if Karpos got sick again, or if Adsila got sick. He calmed his mind with thoughts about going to see his friend Nari, everything would be quite fine.

"Also, while I have you here Lachesis, I already told Ana and Spectre, but I'm going on a trip across the mountains, and so I'll be gone for a few days. I'm visiting an old friend of mine, Narime and in case I accidentally run into trouble, I'll be gone for a little bit. I trust that everything will run smoothly in my absence though, Spectre is a natural leader and Anastasia is too." He told the healer, whom he could trust with his life if need be. He was worried more about running into Elettra than anything else. He knew that Nari and El still had a good relationship, meaning that they could very well be allies and if El just happened to pay Nari a visit, things could end badly.

[/dohtml]

RE: Pitch Pine Trail Pack Thread - Lachesis - Aug 13, 2013

[dohtml]
Before the boy could respond to the leader’s question, Shade explained that he was going to be absent for a few days. His brows furrowed as the chocolate Alpha spoke, a small frown creasing his dark lips as worry began to settle in his stomach. What if something happened to the muddy-eyed male while he was gone? What would happen to Karpos and Adsila then? Would than mean Anastasia would be responsible for them? Perhaps this wasn’t the right time for the future healer to go searching for plants – but it also could be the best time. If something did happen to Shade while he was absent the lanky yearling wanted to be prepared; he had the supplies for something minor, but he needed other plants that weren’t available nearby.
Once the Alpha finished XIX offered him a short nod, the frown instantly washing off his maw. While he wasn’t particularly fond of the pale female called Spectre, he knew that things would run smoothly while Shade was gone. The majority of the Trail wolves were close and had travelled from the Woods to the Fen together, so Lachesis had faith that nothing bad would happen while the leader was out on his mission. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“I wish you w-well on your travels,” he stated finally, a thin smile working its way onto his dark lips. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“I actually was wondering if I’d be able to do some t-traveling of my own? If something does h-happen – although I doubt it will – I w-would like to be much more prepared.” Lachesis paused for a moment as he chewed nervously on his lower lip, ears pressed to the pack of his skull. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“I w-would not being going far – I’d like to ch-check out the Heights and perhaps a little further, no more than a few days travel. But I was also w-wondering if Karpos would be able to join me?” There was no turning back now.

[/dohtml]

RE: Pitch Pine Trail Pack Thread - Shade - Aug 13, 2013

[dohtml]

Shade was rather hesitant.... he trusted Lachesis to take Karpos around, even off the territory, but the heights were dangerous, and a three month old could never realistically cross it. Even the foothills were far to steep for Karpos at the time. He nodded slowly, stating his intentions. "You can take Karpos with you, but he is not allowed to cross the Heights just yet, perhaps a few more months, when he is more grown, could he cross. However, I do want you to cross the heights, I know that there will be herbs on the other side that could not be collected here." He stated it softly, kindly, knowing that the male was a gentle soul, and a healer as well. Shade wanted to cross the heights, and he wanted Lachesis to cross too, just in case bad things happened... Shade was just being paranoid again.

Shade thought about it, perhaps they could work out something? "Why don't you cross the heights first, I know there are some good herbs near Whisper Marhs, Iridescent Lagood, and my friend Narime has a small knowledge of herbs, perhaps stop by her pack." He suggested to the male. He had brought Anastasia to the pack, Shade remembered it all so clearly, and it was Ana who had saved his pups lives. For that he could never repay, and now Ana was not leader, Spectre was. Ana knew more of leading the Spectre did, but she would learn with time. Time was the key to everything.

[/dohtml]

RE: Pitch Pine Trail Pack Thread - Lachesis - Aug 14, 2013

[dohtml]
Although the lanky yearling was disappointed at not being able to take Karpos to the Heights just yet (he had promised the pup that Uncle Lach would take him star hunting) the chocolate Alpha’s reasoning behind it was completely understandable. Fortunately, the leader had obliged to allowing the future healer to take his son outside of Trail boundaries, which meant that they could explore the Brook for any plants lingering along the damp shores. Once the search was completed, the gangly yearling could also teach the younger wolf the basics of fishing before heading back to the pack den. Lachesis knew that Karpos would be thrilled to do some fishing alongside his ‘uncle’.
Before the boy could respond to Shade’s explanation, the leader began speaking once more, stating that he would like the spider-legged yearling to venture on his own first. Without speaking at first, XIX nodded in agreement as a faint smile worked its way onto his maw. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“I’ll do that,” he started as his tail gave a short wag, excitement bubbling in his chest. Although the adventures with Karpos would have to wait, the boy was excited to have his first official ‘healer mission’. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“Where is her pack located? I would definitely like to m-meet with her.” It was hard to find other wolves who were interested in the art of healing, and Lachesis would jump at the chance to speak to another about the properties of medicinal plants. His knowledge was growing, but there were still things that the yearling was not aware of. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“I can leave as s-soon as possible, if you’d like?” XIX was eager to start his mission, but he would have to tell his blue-eyed companion first. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“When I return, w-would it be alright if I take Karpos to the Brook? We’ll stick to the sh-shallow parts, I promise.” He finished speaking with a wide smile spread across his dark lips while giving a hopeful wag of his tail.

[/dohtml]

RE: Pitch Pine Trail Pack Thread - Shade - Aug 15, 2013

[dohtml]

Shade was relieved that Lachesis understood and that he was eager to visit the pack that Shade had just told him about. "It's in the Hush Meadow, across the riddled heights, through a rise filled with red fires then to the north." He told the man, he himself was a bit worried that Narime might be a bit more cautious around him, though that was silly talk, they were friends and that was it. He knew that he hadn't been a very debatable man in the past, he was just the muscle behind attacks, but he learned, and he could talk about things such as an alliance, or hunting grounds. The more you knew, the smarter, or the wiser even, you are. If Shade weren't leader of Pitch Pine Trail, he would be an advisor.

Shade was ready to head off, he really had to get going in order to make it back as soon as he could. "Lachesis, I'm sorry to say I really must depart now, I'll be back in a week. Taking him to the brook is fine, I've seen him practice swimming in shallow ends of the water, and he's quite good at it. Tere is a waterfall towards the base of the stream if you want to take him to see that too." He stated before giving a small smile and the dip of his head goodbye. He slowly walked off, when he got to the borders he would howl out he was leaving, and then he would go to visit his friend.

-Exit-

[/dohtml]