Ruins of Wildwood
The halls are silent in this Bleeding Empire - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore IV (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=99)
+---- Thread: The halls are silent in this Bleeding Empire (/showthread.php?tid=5952)

Pages: 1 2

The halls are silent in this Bleeding Empire - Karpos - Nov 29, 2013

@Capella only please!! Basing this as Karp and Pella are the last to leave.

[dohtml]

A melancholy howl towards the stars was the only sign that Karpos was still on the formally Pitch Pine Trail pack lands. Sadness heaved his heart. His father was here, his father’s spirit, the memories of a happier time. Now he was as he was when he was born. He was a lone wolf and winter was already at his doorstep. He had almost no where left to go. He could try to find Mama Ana and Uncle Lachesis, but he that if they were still there, then Pitch Pine Trail would still be thriving in the colder months. He tampered with the thoughts of going to the mountains, going to the pack Aponi spoke of and seeing if her mother would let him join their ranks if he tried to do adult jobs.

What pack would possibly take a pup with no home. He looked at his Auntie Pella who stood beside him. "We have nothing again Auntie Pella, everyone, everything I ever knew is gone." He whispered into the wind, just loud enough for her to hear. Where could we go from here? Auntie Pella wouldn’t leave me behind would she? He pondered the profound thoughts of where they could go next. "We need to find a pack don’t we? I’ve learned almost nothing of survival Auntie. I have so much I have to learn. Can you teach me to hunt?" The questions that worried him most where what he mentioned. This was overwhelming for him. But he should be used to the abandonment, it happened all the time.

NOMADS Pass
TEMPLATE © NDA OF RCR & RPG-D
[/dohtml]

RE: The halls are silent in this Bleeding Empire - Capella - Dec 02, 2013

[dohtml]
The young prince's howl broke through the chilly air, and she answered with a melody of her own. Pitch Pine Trail was no more, and they were all looking for a way out. Whether the remaining members would stay and try to keep the pack alive, or abandon the fen altogether would remain a mystery to her, but she would see to it that Karpos found a haven.

Her heart tore in half as he spoke, for once again the boy who had already lost everything lost even more, and his whisper hurt even worse. She knew where she planned on going, the pack on the other side of the mountain where Lachesis and Ana resided, but would Karpos come with her? Would he be able to live there with them? If he chose to go somewhere else, would she be able to stop him? Of course not, because then he might resent her, and if nothing else, she would allow him to follow whatever path he needed to take.

"I do know of one... It's where Lachesis and Anastasia went. I think we could be happy there Karp, and there we could teach you everything you would need to know... It could be good for us." Her voice was filled with hope, and fear, because what if Karpos said no? What would she do if he wouldn't come with her? They had already been separated once, and if life were to make them part ways once again.. well she wasn't sure.

[/dohtml]

RE: The halls are silent in this Bleeding Empire - Karpos - Dec 03, 2013

[dohtml]

Aponi. One of the few wolves that was always on the young Slayer's mind. He had no idea what made her so special, but he felt that there must be something about her that draws her closer as a wolf to trust. When his Auntie Pella suggested they go to the pack Lachesis and Ana left Pitch Pine Trail for, he shook his head. "Auntie Pella, I love you and you can go there by all means, but I have a different pack in mind." He started off to explain, how was he going to word it. Would he explain that he didn't want to see his formerly Mama Ana and formerly Uncle Lachesis ever again? Would he explain about how Aponi was up there?

He would explain both or course. "I can't trust Ana or Lachesis anymore. They broke all their promises and left when I needed them the most. I was so upset I almost jumped off the escarpment. But Uncle Aeo and Auntie Silver found me instead." He started off, his breathe shaky as he spoke of his stupid almost attempt at suicide. He was outraged with Ana and Lachesis, believing this would not have happened had they stayed behind and cared for the pack like they had promised to do. "Plus, I met this girl, her name is Aponi. When I told her my da died and my mum was gone. She offered me a home in the mountains. I told her I had to stay with the pack. But there is no more pack, so that leaves me free to go and join her there. I really like her." He explained subtly.

NOMADS Pass
[/dohtml]

RE: The halls are silent in this Bleeding Empire - Capella - Dec 17, 2013

[dohtml]
She could feel the beating of blood in her ears, as her body went cold. This was to be goodbye then. Too long Capella had denied her own happiness to please those around her, and this was one decision that she couldn't budge on. Of course there would always be a part of her begging to be reunited with the dark cub beside her, but she finally had a chance, and she couldn't deny her own happiness.

Determination was evident in his voice, and it was clear that there would be no room for argument. He had met a friend, and who knows, someday it could grow into more. At least she could rest easily knowing that he would be joining a pack, hopefully one that would care for him. A light smile plastered itself across her face, though her eyes were filled with despair. "I remember when you were just a pup you know? The night you were born I watched outside the den, ready to protect you, and that feeling never went away." A heavy sigh fell upon her before she began. "Even when I left, I thought of you each day, knowing that you were in safe hands, but wishing I could be there to make sure, and I'm afraid that this time I am going to have to stop seeing you as a cub who needs protection. If this is what you want, and your positively sure that you need to go... Then I can't stop you." She reached out to him, nuzzling his shoulder, and trying to grasp every last bit of his scent. "I love you Karpos, I always will... but you need to do something just for you, but I can't come with you."

It broke her heart to tell him that she wouldn't be staying, but fate was just telling them it was time to say goodbye.

[/dohtml]

RE: The halls are silent in this Bleeding Empire - Karpos - Dec 24, 2013

@Capella
[dohtml]

He couldn't cry, it would make his voice more difficult. She spoke of the night he was born, back when things were still good for him. The time when his mother was still with him, his real mother; his father had not died yet and he was still there. He did not know that his Auntie Pella had been there when he was born, but it warmed his heart to know that she had been with him from the beginning. "Auntie Pella, you know I love you, you've been there when I needed you the most unlike so many others who left me. You can always come and visit, I-- I just can't say goodbye forever. We will see each other again. Maybe Aponi's mum will give me the role of scout, then I could see you a lot more. B-But I do have to follow my heart." His voice cracked at the end, it was really goodbye.

He took a deep and sharp breathe, holding back the sobs. "What about Adsi? Where is she? Is she with Ace and Silver? Are they okay? She's my sister, what if she thinks I left her to die Auntie Pella? I don't think I can bare the thought of losing her... If you see her on your way, can you tell her I miss her?" He asked with a small frown, he loved his sister. "Auntie, can you take me up the mountains? I've never been there and I don't know how to get there." He asked her with a sad glint in his eyes. He was losing a family and gaining another.

NOMADS Pass
[/dohtml]

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Dec 24, 2013

[dohtml]

Look Out!

There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the snow. Hunt Opportunity

[/dohtml]

RE: The halls are silent in this Bleeding Empire - Capella - Feb 04, 2014

[dohtml]

"Speech."
She knew he was right. They both had their own path's to follow, and she had to consider herself blessed, regardless of how hard this was. Their road's had at least moved alongside one another for a short time. Without the dark little cub who now stood as her equal, she might not have ever found the true meaning behind the word family. "Your right love. This is your life, and only you know how to live it."

The name of his sister sent a shock wave through her heart. She had never asked for the chocolate colored female's forgiveness. It was something that would likely haunt her for an eternity, but how could she chance rejection once again? "Their scents were mingled my dear, so she is safe. You are her brother, and she knows you better than anyone I bet. Even though she might not realize it now, you two will always be family." Holding back tears that desperately wanted release, she turned her gaze up at the mountain. It gave her the perfect chance to rid the water from her eyes without him seeing.

In truth she was scared of the future; terrified of what it may hold. Her mind was in a state of chaos, and she desperately wanted to follow him, but there was a life out there waiting for her. She couldn't abandon it, and she wasn't abandoning Karpos. At least, she had to tell herself that.

"I can. It's quite a journey, if you think you can make it." A playful glint touched her desperate eyes, as she nudged him forward.

worlds are ruined this way, and we've all been there time and time again.

[/dohtml]

RE: The halls are silent in this Bleeding Empire - Karpos - Feb 21, 2014

[dohtml]
everything that kills me makes me feel alive

Pella's words did little to comfort the mourning prince. He had lost his father already, and though he was being assured his sister was safe he risked never seeing her again. The pain was overwhelming and it weighed down his heart. Everything was collapsing but sometimes bad things happened. He had to deal with it and get over it. He raised his muzzle and howled out his grief before falling to the ground. He needed to push further; he didn't want his Auntie to see him like this. It wasn't her fault that every other wolf left him. She was there, she had stayed when he needed her most. She was truly his family. She took a long pause before looking at her. He stood up and recovered himself.

Recollecting all the memories of the place that was suppose to end his sadness, not create more, he started to talk. "I'm ready to go, Auntie Pella. Promise me that you'll visit me sometime." He pleaded with the aunt who was going off to find Ana and Lach. He owed both the adoptive mother of his and the uncle an apology for his behavior in Spectral Woods. However, first he had to get into a pack. The pack he had in mind was high up, cold, lean, mean, dangerous. He didn't care though. He could handle it and he would get to see Aponi every day. A smile grew on his face as he thought about his future and not his past.

[/dohtml]

RE: The halls are silent in this Bleeding Empire - Capella - Feb 22, 2014

[dohtml]

This was it, the end. She would watch him leave, and then what? Her nephew, the only piece of Shade that she had left was about to start a new life, somewhere past her reach. It was all too much. Why did life have to be so hard. One tear escaped, and then another. His howl matched the grief she felt deep within her heart. Everything was changing, happening too fast, but time stopped for no one. She could beg for another hour, another day, but her prayers would never see an answer.

Stepping forward, she found herself realizing for the first time how much he had grown. His speech was perfect, his mind was sharp, and he stood only a touch smaller than she. Reaching out to him, she let her muzzle slide across his cheek. "I promise you that I will. After were both settled in, I will come find you Karp." Would that be the last time she would ever say his name? 'Please forgive me Shade, for I cannot follow.' It was the late male's forgiveness that she would pray for, each night, and the safety of his only living kin.

This was not what he would have imagined. His vision was to create a safe home for his children in hopes that they would take on his legacy, and now it was too late. Where he was going, Karpos would no longer be a prince. He would be an outcast, lower than the existing cubs, and now it was up to him to find his place.

worlds are ruined this way, and we've all been there time and time again.

[/dohtml]

RE: The halls are silent in this Bleeding Empire - Karpos - Feb 22, 2014

[dohtml]
everything that kills me makes me feel alive

He took a deep breathe and carefully made sure to steady his breathing. She promised she would find him and that they would see each other again. He had to trust that she would follow through on her promise because for all he knew, she was the only family he had left. He wasn't trying to razz himself with these thoughts but it scared him. "Let's go Auntie Pella." He said quietly before starting off. He would be himself, up to his own devices in this pack. He just hoped Mrs. Aponi's Mum would let him in, he wasn't necessarily sure that the woman would be happy with the pup seeking out her daughter. Oh well, he had to try. He steadied his breathing as he started to walk towards the mountains with a bit of confidence.

I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. He was terrified, he was not a courageous man but when it came down to things he had to push forward. Be strong. Be brave. Stay alive. He told himself as he pushed forward. He couldn't let his Aunt know how he was feeling, it didn't matter if she could tell or not. He had to let it all go. Conceal. Don't feel. Don't let her know. He would be fine. He would survive and he would get to be with Aponi. The pup who had taken a lot off of his mind. She was good for him, and so if he stayed with her then everything would be alright.

[/dohtml]