Ruins of Wildwood
When I First Saw You - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore IV (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=99)
+---- Thread: When I First Saw You (/showthread.php?tid=5966)

Pages: 1 2

When I First Saw You - Ashanti - Dec 01, 2013

[dohtml]
Ashanti Aranna
Maybe my heart isn't that whole

This kickstarted my muse for sure Mily!

She had been looking for him ever since she had to make a sudden break for herbs after Hollow allowed him to join. One look at him and she knew why she had fallen for him while they were younger. He was passionate, kind, caring, everything that she was. Their personalities worked so well, but Asha was still unsure. Could she really tell Miccah about all she had gone through? How would he react to know that Bane was her child, that Bane was a child forced upon her. Would he leave her because of it? She hoped not, or else there was nothing left to say here. Nothing to live for. A sadness greatest in the heart is the loss of a mind. She remembered that one lesson from everything her mother had taught her.

@Miccah was everything to her, an important part of her past and hopeful an important part of her future. Whenever she saw him, she was reminded that the world was full of hopes. He made her feel like that rambunctious and goofy yearling that she once was. She was happy around him, she behaved a little awkwardly. but the most important part was that she felt safe for the first time since Bane was conceived. She felt like she would never be harmed despite everything that could happen. We were both young, but now, we're older. We're matured, but he still had his effects on me. He was all I needed. She had thought a lot about it.

Finally, the man with the dark brown, well, black pelt, came into view. She smiled a mile wide as she ran up to him. "I've been looking for you Bane." She said, it was a name she only used when others were not around. After all, they might go 'Wait what? Bane is a pup!' But when they were alone, she knew that he knew that she was talking to him. That was all that mattered. "So did you talk to Nina yet? How are you settling in?" She rattled off more questions.

[/dohtml]

RE: When I First Saw You - Miccah - Dec 02, 2013

Mine too <333
This is based after Miccah's thread with Nina btw haha

[dohtml]

The day was full of duties for the man, his main one being to guard the borders. There really was no sense in marking them any longer, since with one sniff, a pack mate would know who had marked them. But he liked it. It kept him busy, to have the borders heavily scented like they were.

He was coming back from marking to the very edge of their borders, when he heard a familiar voice. A voice that was music to his ears, as heavenly as any symphony, as sweet as pure honey. Ashanti. His very soul seemed to call out for her, and he was not one to deny his soul and heart anything when it concerned Ashanti.

He was about to give a greeting of his own when she rattled off questions. Straight after another. A chuckle rumbled in his chest. "Take a breath my love," his deep baritone advised her. It was soft, and full of warmth. "I see one thing hasn't changed precious--your knack of insatiable curiousity. It was one of the things that drew me to you when we were just kids. But, to answer your question--yes I have. Our Queen seems very protective of her lands and pack mates. It's a quality I admire in any leader. And I have been settling in very well. I feel..comfortable. It's slowly turning into 'home.'"

The burly beast took a couple steps towards Ashanti, and gently laid his muzzle at the crook of her shoulder. She was an impressive size for a she wolf, but he still towered her. Breathing in deep, the kind man separated himself from her. He sat onto his haunches and smiled. "I have missed you so, Asha. Sit with me, for we have much to catch up on."

[/dohtml]

RE: When I First Saw You - Ashanti - Dec 02, 2013

[dohtml]
Ashanti Aranna

<3

Asha gave a laugh and listened to him answer her questions. She plopped her butt on the ground and listened, nothing had changed it seemed. Proper tonged as usual, she couldn't help but hold a huge grin. "It took me a while to settle in when I joined Copper Rock Creek, the mother pack, so to speak, of this pack. Nina wasn't always alpha, she's always been a really good friend. She's just going through a difficult time.... her son Tacoma past away." She said, her voice filled with sadness when she mentioned the young pup had passed. "We do have so much to catch up on. But you first. What happened after I left?" She asked, curious to know what had fallen on him and her birth pack.

That and she was still trying to figure out how to explain the whole 'she had a child named Bane' thing to him. She looked a little withdrawn too, like she was really thinking about how to word it. There have been some.... not so okay developments since we last saw each other Miccah. Its a really long story and not something I care to relive. But I have a pup now, his name is Bane. Named after you, and before you jump to conclusions... She had no idea how to word that she had been raped. She tried to think back to how Hollow explained to Nina. Hollow had found her and brought her home after all. Bane wasn't... expected. In fact, I didn't even know the man. He was evil and vicious, understand what I'm saying? No? I can't understand what I'm saying.

[/dohtml]

RE: When I First Saw You - Miccah - Dec 02, 2013

[dohtml]

Miccah listened as Ashanti spoke, attentive as always. He shook his head sadly as she spoke of their Queen recently losing her son. It was before his time, but it still caused him grief. It was a hard thing to lose a loved one, Miccah knew from experience, but to lose a child? He couldn't wrap his head around it. He didn't think he'd have the strength to face it. Their Queen seemed to still function, and his respect for her went up another notch.

Ashanti drew him from his thoughts, asking a question of what happened after she had left. "Well, do you remember that tale that everyone spread about us, but didn't really believe? The one that we would end up together, and make the pack stronger than ever as alphas?" Miccah had to swallow, for he remembered that he had believed in that tale. He had wanted it to become reality so very bad. The man continued from his short lapse of silence. "Your aunt believed in it, and she would let no one get in the way of her ultimate leadership. I believe that was the reason she slaughtered your parents, and tried to slaughter us as well, but you fled just in time. Me and Isen stayed, and we created a secret coup. We all succeeded in driving your aunt out of the pack. They wanted me to become alpha, and your sister my female counterpart. But I couldn't, first because I lov--".

Miccah stopped himself just in time. It was too soon to declare his love for her, but she may have caught it anyhow since it was pretty obvious. Smooth move, he chastised himself.

But then he noticed her faraway look. "What has gotten you so up in the clouds, hon?," he questioned.

[/dohtml]

RE: When I First Saw You - Ashanti - Dec 02, 2013

[dohtml]
Ashanti Aranna

<3

He noticed her staring off. Asha shook her head. "Miccah, everything feels the same, but everything is so different now. There’s been a recent development that you need to know about." She said with a shaky voice, her eyes almost showing the ache she felt inside. She didn’t want to send mixed signals, so she tried to explain it like she had in her thoughts. "There have been some.... not so okay developments since we last saw each other Miccah. It’s a really long story and not something I care to relive. But I have a pup now, his name is Bane. Named after you, and before you jump to conclusions..." She paused and took a deep breathe, trying to figure out how to explain it.

"Bane wasn't... expected. In fact, I didn't even know the man. He was evil and vicious, understand what I'm saying? I don’t know how to describe it….." Her breathe was shaky, she felt like her old self when she was with him, but how was he going to react to her statements? She had noticed that he had cut off his words. She felt like, from what he said, she knew what it was he was going to say. She pretended not to hear it; he had cut off for a reason. "But things are so much better now, Nina and Hollow, they helped me through it and really saved my life." She finished, trying to reassure him that it was fine. "I just…. I’ve been really up in the clouds when it comes to how to explain it."

[/dohtml]

RE: When I First Saw You - Miccah - Dec 06, 2013

[dohtml]

Miccah turned his body as she got ready to speak. He was now facing her, instead of previously just sitting beside her. Her voice was shaky, her eyes troubled and he felt a sudden tenderness rush through him. He had always hated seeing her sad, and with time, that really hadn't changed. He wanted to just wrap her in his embrace, but he knew that she wanted him to hear this.

Her next words were like a blow to his heart, but he restrained himself from showing his hurt. He briefly closed his eyes and then opened them. So she had a pup? And named it after him? Why would she name her child with another man, after a person she she had used to love in her youth? Or those were the vibes he had recieved at the time.

The burly beast tuned in just in time, for her words were like a bucket of freezing water poured over his head. He tensed slightly.

"Bane wasn't... expected. In fact, I didn't even know the man. He was evil and vicious, understand what I'm saying? I don’t know how to describe it….."

He knew exactly what she was saying. Ashanti had been raped. She had not willingly given herself to another man as he so previously thought. She had been taken against her will, and because of those events, she had concieved a pup--Bane.

He swallowed thickly, not understanding the emotions that were coursing through his body. Anger at the man, relief that she had gotten through the ordeal that must've been hell, and resentment of himself for not leaving his pack sooner so that maybe somehow he could have prevented it all. The thought was illogical, but it didn't make Miccah stop beating himself up.

His thoughts ran to Bane, and he wondered if the boy knew about the events that led to his birth. Moving closer to Ashanti, he lowered his head and buried his muzzle in the crook of her neck. Gently breathing in her scent that did wonders to calm his internal turmoil, he moved slightly so he could lovingly lick the side of her face. Hoping that she wouldn't reject him, he tenderly continued to embrace her.

"Does Bane know?," he rumbled softly.

[/dohtml]

RE: When I First Saw You - Ashanti - Dec 07, 2013

[dohtml]
Ashanti Aranna

<3

Ashanti was worried about how he was going to react to this.... a lot had changed about her and not so much had changed about him. A deep breathe was omitted when he went over and nuzzled her neck, licking her face too. She nuzzled him in the neck and when he asked if Bane knew, she pulled away to answer him. "Yes, he knows. He found out when he started asking questions about his father. I couldn't tame his curiosity with vague details, so Nina and Hollow supported me telling him the truth. He deserves to know about his father." She said with a small sigh, she wasn't much of a mother, at least not a good mother. Nina understood children more, she was a healer who had little understanding of how to talk to children, let alone be a good parent.

How was she suppose to teach them? She had no idea, but then she spoke again. "I've missed you so much Bane, not a moment went by where I didn't wish you were by my side once more. Isen came here a while back, before everything happened, but she disappeared after and everyone else sees her as abandoning us. I'm just glad your here to stay." She whispered solemnly. She gave his cheek a lick and smiled. "We should probably move to a less depressing topic." She said with a small laugh, her eyes filled with an emotion she didn't know. It was a mixture of comfort, love, and maybe a little sadness that so much had changed.

One thing was evident. Her feelings were still the same; she loved him.

[/dohtml]

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Dec 07, 2013

[dohtml]

Look Out!

There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by a bear nearby. +10 Health

[/dohtml]

RE: When I First Saw You - Miccah - Dec 17, 2013

One more round and close off? Sorry I took so long btw, exams are killer :/

[dohtml]

Hr was silent as she spoke of Bane knowing of his father. He couldn't imagine what the boy must have felt athe time.

She spoke of how she had missed him, and a small smile fluttered across his muzzle before his face once again became a stoic mask. He learned that Isen had come, and the news shocked him. He wondered where his friend was now, after all this time? He hoped that she was safe wherever she was, and that her winter wasn't as harsh as the one that he could feel coming.

He affectionately nudged her muzzle with his own and spoke. "I thought of you many times during these past few months. I missed you as well, my sweet," he rumbled in his deep baritone.

A chuckle escaped his maw as a memory from long ago came to mind. He was about to bring it up for conversation, when his muzzle caught the scent of moose. A dead moose at that. And according to his sense of smell, it was nearby.

"Unfortunately, our time of catch-up will have to be rescheduled. You smell that?," he questioned. Miccah inwardly sighed. He had been looking forward to meeting up with @Ashanti, but he knew the health of the pack had to come first. His loyalty was now not only for Ashanti, but Secret Woodlands as well.

It was back to work, it seemed.

"Come," he beckoned to her. His muzzle to the ground, he found the scent of dead moose, but also something else--bear. He inwardly cursed as his paws moved in the direction of the animal. Miccah hoped that the beast would be long gone by the time they reached the animal. He didn't have a death wish, after all.

[/dohtml]

RE: When I First Saw You - Ashanti - Dec 21, 2013

[dohtml]
Ashanti Aranna

Fade out with your next post maybe?

Ashanti had been really excited for when herself and Miccah got to see each other and catch up, and now that the depressing story was off her chest she managed to maintain peace in her mind once more. She had been so worried as to how Miccah would react to the news of her child, but he seemed to take it well like the benevolent man that he was. Asha specialized in Poultices and herbal remedies, but when the moose came to her nose, she noticed it and focused on it. It was only seconds later that Miccah seemed to notice it too. He asked her if she could smell it and she nodded. That was the same old Miccah, thinking those herbs had clogged her nose.

She threw a small chuckle into the air as she pursued the man that she had fallen for with due time. As they approached it, the scent of bear grew stronger, and stronger, and stronger. She hoped that the bear was not there, for that was an entirely different issue. She had to focus on getting the food and maybe dragging it back to the cache. One thing was certain however, the bear had found and eaten from it. She was not sure how much food it had to offer and she had no idea how much the bear had picked at it. "Miccah, surely with a bear there can't be much left..." She breathedm her alto voice barely breaching the air around her.

[/dohtml]