Ruins of Wildwood
Midnight Plateau come what may - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore I (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: Midnight Plateau come what may (/showthread.php?tid=615)

Pages: 1 2

come what may - Alexander - Jan 12, 2011

Because it's not a pack meeting there is no deadline or post order. Anyone can join, if they are interested in joining MP. I'll allow a high ranking SR wolf in, if they have anything important to say, I guess?

[dohtml]
The winter had been cold, and the few members they had acquired had disappeared. It was just him and Borden now, though he was certain Finch was in the vicinity, but not quite in Relic Lore. He just hoped that she'd return soon. Due to all the snow, not many animals had wandered up the mountain. Even the ones that lived on the mountain seemed to either climb higher, or drop to the forest where there'd be more food. That left the Midnight Plateau wolves with little to eat. Occasionally they got lucky and would happen upon a mountain goat. Between two wolves, that would last a week or so, maybe. It kept them alive, and that was the important part.

Alexander stood on the Plateau, looking up at the gray overcast sky, ears flipped back against his skull, yellow eyes glimmering with worry. This was for Honijo. He'd keep them all alive for him. He couldn't let this pack die. He wouldn't worry. Squeezing his eyes shut, he leveled his head with the stone, and sat forcefully. Opening his eyes again, he simply looked determined. He was tempted to call out of his pack, what was left of it, perhaps lone wolves would hear, and curiosity would strike them. He just had to hope that would be the case. Either way, he'd have to speak with Borden. His last surviving member couldn't be left with such a lowly title. In a swift motion, he howled, watching his breath pool and drift off in the cold supposedly afternoon air.

[/dohtml]

come what may - Borden - Jan 17, 2011

[dohtml]
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_SvwPAhUm8f8/TTIG1uyVfMI/AAAAAAAABa0/n2-q2biWxhM/table004-bg.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top center; padding-top: 70px; background-color: #000000">
H A L F W A Y around the w o r l d . . .

Hoisting himself up onto his feet, Borden glanced over his shoulder towards the mountain; he had been quietly meditating at the foot of Bramble Falls, collecting his thoughts before making his daily rounds about the territory borders. A howl rang out over Relic Lore. Alexander. The singular call beckoned with a hint of encouragement... It summoned him, just as it seemed to on that early autumn morning in November. However, the circumstances were different and he no longer cautiously crawled up the slopes of Mount Dire. Instead, after answering the leader’s howl with his own baritone song, he ran as fast as he could. Leaping from ledge to ledge with a proficiency one would rightly assume a mountain goat would have, he dashed effortlessly along the stony paths.

Of all the things the Plateau wolf could think of, he could not pinpoint exactly why the alpha had beckoned. Another meeting? So soon? Perhaps he had finally gotten a hold of Finch and wanted him to meet her; maybe... wait. Yes, of course, why else? He was calling the attention of others in the area, summoning others' company. It had been a howl informing attentive ears that he was here – the wolves of Midnight Plateau were still here.

Moving up the rocky paths, he slowed as the scent of Alexander reached his onyx nose. His tail curled underneath him. His posture lowered respectfully causing him to approach with bent legs, his eyes only lifting to make sure he didn’t run into anything. He raised his head briefly to courteously lick the chin of his superior. It had been a while since the two had seen each other due to the scout's undying devotion to his assigned duties, yet the subordinate never ceased to show his loyalty, his gratitude. The alpha had kept him alive through the drought and the early winter; what generous portions of goat or rabbits were left near the den, Borden appreciatively ate, making sure to leave Finch's share for whenever she turned up – or, if she didn’t, he helped Alexander discard of the carcass by either eating it (sharing, of course) or bringing it to the bottom of the mountain for other scavengers. He gently nudged Alexander's chin before moving to his left side and lowering quietly onto his haunches.

Eyes darting to the alpha as he slowly reclined into a sphinx-like position, he turned his head to fully look up at him. A few small swaying movements of his tail gave away the happiness that Borden was absolutely brimming with, though the wagging stopped as he gave a small whistle of a whine. Yes, sir? he wordlessly addressed the large male.
2011 © Grey; Photo © Monty Sloan

[/dohtml]

come what may - Weldering - Jan 26, 2011

ooc: Figured I'd post! I'm kinda pretending this is after Welde was accepted :x If that's not possible then just delete post/ignore me ;]

[dohtml]

The Winter certainly had been cold, but so had every Winter before that. It was nothing unusual for Weldering who tended to have to deal with the worse of a weather and notice it all. It was one of the biggest cons of being a Lone Wolf. On the plus side they now that water, with the Heartleaf Creek flowing once more he was sure that it was going to attract many new inhabitants into Relic Lore. Then all they had to do was see if any of those newcomers wanted to join Midnight Plateau... rather then Swift River. Quietly he ambled down the familiar rocky paths of the pack when a familiar voice soared into the heavens, a meeting howl? But it was also quite noticeably Alexander.

His two black ears quickly bolted upright to the top of his head, maw lifting slowly as his pace increased. There was not a chance that he would miss a pack meeting but also the chance to say hi to Alexander once again. Padding out from the umbra of the rocks with two familiar males in sight he nodded to Borden but then turned to Alexander with a mischievous grin that he couldn't wipe from his jowls. <b style="color:#0d5b8c; font-family:geogia; font-size:13px">"Alex!" He chirped, his long silver and black tail swishing out behind him.

[/dohtml]

come what may - Adonia - Jan 27, 2011

A sudden howl burst through the serene quiet where Adonia stood, ears perked up to the sound. Could it be? Could it be the pack of wolves that I had been so desperately searching for? Adonia had been a lone wolf for an increasingly long period of time, causing her once full stomach to be empty for days upon end where a morsel could not be scavenged. This winter had been hard for the young wolf who was new to the adventures of being a loner. In the beginning it had seemed like a great idea; no one to look after except for herself, nothing to worry about except for survival, and not a care in the world. After the first couple days, however, her once good idea had turned into a disaster. Plus, there was no going back, that much she knew the moment she had gone off on her own. The decision was final and she must make due with what she could.
Now however, it seemed like she had found a way out back into the world of the pack, back to creating new relationships, and back to being the sociable wolf she had been back in her other life. Despite the fact of the territory being severely chilling, she decided that she would be able to survive as long as she had companions beside her. Making her decision to approach the pack and request acceptance into their ranks, she hurried up the plateau to whoever was waiting there. Adonia had a strange feeling that there weren't many wolves in this pack, which was both a good and bad thing for her. At least I will not be crowded, the female thought to herself as she trudged up the climb. Giving a second thought, she gave a howl in return to the leader in greeting and saying that she would arrive momentarily, just to make sure no one was alarmed.

come what may - Alexander - Jan 29, 2011

i just kind of...assumed Adonia arrived later on in my post. >>
[dohtml]
Despite his undying hope of bringing the bustle back to Midnight Plateau, he hadn't necessarily expected anyone to show up other than Borden. It was unfortunate that his position in the pack had led him to have such pessimism, something that would not have otherwise been present in the wolf's personality. At least he had Borden. That was enough to be thankful for. At least there were no wars to fight. There was plenty to be thankful for. At least the pessimism wasn't over powering. Just gnawing. And...It allowed the male to be quite surprised when more than just Borden found their way to the mountain.

A happy grin creased Alexander's muzzle when Borden arrived. If there were no other arrivals, he'd at least have some happy new to share with Borden. He was certain (he hoped) that Borden would enjoy the news as well. As Borden laid down next to him, Alexander tilted his head down, preparing to give Borden the good news, when another wolf appeared, one Alexander was not actually expecting to see. Weldering! Alexander didn't leave his sitting position, but his tail thumped happily and audibly against the stone.

"Good to see you again! And here of all places!" His eyes shifted curiously down to Borden, wondering if he'd been recruiting wolves. Better than Alex had been doing. Obviously Borden deserved this promotion. A small breeze blew, ruffling Alex's fur, and bringing a scent along with it. It seemed another wolf was going to join them. The scent came only a moment before a howl, surprising Alexander. Well, the fact that wolves had actually showed up was permission enough for Alexander to begin the meeting.

The female that had howled would show up in time, from the volume of the sound, so she probably wouldn't miss much. "I'm glad to see a new wolf, or two, in our ranks. Especially you, Welde." Alex grinned, the corners of his eyes crinkling. "I can only guess that this may have something to do with Borden, who seems to be a bit more magnetic than I. As well as an unfailingly dedicated member of Midnight Plateau. That's why I am making you, Borden, my second-in-command." He hoped Borden would accept this promotion, and only paused a moment in case the male wished to speak.

"For those that may not know," He cast a glowing glance towards the female that had arrived. "I am Alexander Dieudonne, Leader of Midnight Plateau. We once followed Honijo, but as the water left, so did he." Alex bowed his head, mourning the loss of his ex-leader. "But I'm pleased, again, to see new faces. Perhaps some introductions are in order? Names and...Any thing, skills, that you may exceed in." Falling silent, he waited for each wolf to introduce themselves, hope again glittering in his eyes. The pessimism had been quelled!

[/dohtml]

come what may - Borden - Jan 29, 2011

[dohtml]

Loyally gazing up to Alexander, his ears turned forward as the alpha parted his jowls to speak. Yes? his eyes seemed to silently voice for him. However, instead of Alexander’s voice, it was Weldering’s that broke the silence between them. Borden’s attention snapped; had he reacted upon basic instinct, he would have sprung onto his feet with his hackles raised in front of the large white wolf he endeared. It wasn’t that he had forgotten that there were now other Midnight Plateau wolves, it was simply because anyone could have heard the howl. Anyone, an outsider with cruel intentions or a foreign pack’s alpha, could have found them and brought the Plateau wolves into extinction; and he would have done anything to ensure his leader’s safety.

Of course… It’s just Weldering… Borden watched as the alpha at his side wagged his tail and greeted the charcoal wolf with a warm nod, extending his welcome as he remainedl calmly sprawled out at Alexander’s side. He smiled slightly as his “magnetic” personality was regarded, glancing to Alexander’s great paws to his left. He made to state that he was just doing his job, doing just as he was asked to do, but the promotion reached him first. Shock. His eyes widened for a brief moment and he dipped his muzzle in thanks, his golden eyes raising to meet the leader’s chin, not daring to meet the leader’s face fully. ”Thank you, sir,” he replied, his tail continuing to sway behind him. ”I’m honored.”

Casting his gaze downward again, he momentarily looked at his superior through the corner of his eye. Pride swelled in his chest and though he had had been promoted in the past by his father, this was entirely different; instead of letting his ego get the best of him he courteously accepted this new privilege. As Alexander began to address his reassembled pack, Borden couldn’t help but to look around, looking to the edges of the rocky ledge. He counted the wolves he had encountered in the past. There should have been a few more wolves on the way. Should have been. His brows furrowing atop his forehead, he instantly wiped the expression away.

Keeping silent as to allow Weldering and the new female who had found her way up the mountain at turn to speak, he waited for them to introduce themselves to one another, to the pack of four. He idly stretched out his hind limbs behind him, shifting just slightly so he could lay on his side while keeping his head and neck upright. Only now did he silently greet the newest member of the pack, giving her a welcoming nod just as he had acknowledged Welde. Ears eager for information, he smiled patiently, looking from one to the other as he waited for either of them to speak.

[/dohtml]

come what may - Jaysyek - Jan 30, 2011

[dohtml]

ooc:i'm going to have her arrive as Alexander introduces himself if thats all right. :)
In Character
Wanting to know her knew home, the young fae had went wandering on her own. Borden had given her a basic layout, but she wanted to get the feel herself. A little leery to go to far by herself, she made cautious steps where ever she went. In time she would grow accustomed to liing on the mountain without breaking herself. Till then she would play it safe rather then sorry. She had not been along this specific trail long when she heard the dominant call of the Alpha male echoed against the stone. Borden and her had not found him when she had arrived, and she felt it best to answer this call. Ears adjusted turning left and right wanting to be sure of the specific location. Swifting through her memories she recollected a den, and was for certain that's where she must go.
So as quickly as she dared the silver female meandered the mountain closer to the group.

Out of breath she reached the plateua panting heavily, as the Alpha was giving his name. Cran held low, ears yielded side ways against skull, with tail tucked in submission. Gold and blue eyes darted around seeing four other wolves, one she easily could recall any where. She didn't want to ignore the Alpha, and eyes quickly returned to him. Stopping by the edge not to interupt Alexander.

Taking sharp breaths through her snout, she tried to catch her breaths. She managed to be silent listening thoughtly to her new pack leader. Tail beat gently as he siad he was happy to have new members. Her first impression of him definately was kind. He seemed thrilled really. However as he asked about introductions she looked around not knowing who was new, nor wanting to step out of place. She didn't really want to go first. A steady breath of courage, she rose and bowed her head respectfully to him. "A pleasure to meet you sir. My name is Jaysyek Enap, Jayse will do. I'm not the best figher, but I am a good tracker, and decent hunter." She smiled lightly, then took her seat so the others could take their turn.
[/dohtml]

come what may - Adonia - Jan 30, 2011

ooc; i hope i used the word correctly o_o

After finally making it up the mountain, Adonia looked curiously at the other four members near her, one of which that was having her turn to speak. The female wolf noted, in amusement, that the wolf seemed just as out of breath as she was! As she was looking around and listening at the same time, she discovered that her suspicions had been correct, it was an extremely small pack. After making this mental note, she turned her golden eyes on to the large, white male wolf sitting ahead of her, and then in turn to the male next to him. After the other wolf had finished speaking, Adonia slightly bowed her head and showing that she had accepted her role as subordinate, she then opened her jaws to speak.
"My name is Adonia," she said clearly. "I might thank you for welcoming me so graciously into your pack at such a sudden moment. I admit, I got lucky. My own self has come from a land a well ways away from here, and definitely not any where in this land. I have been alone for a while now, however I have decided to return to pack life after finding just how hard life as a loner can be." Her eyes glittered in amusement as she continued, "I must say, I do enjoy the activity of hunting, and I always have cacoethes to stalk prey when i see it. Recently I have not been able to hunt as much as my liking, due to my horrid state. However, I hope that changes and that I am able to show that I am an able asset to this pack of fellow wolves."
When she had finally completed her speech, she stepped back to show that she was done, and then turned her gaze towards the other wolf next to her. Adonia hoped that her words did some to quell the fears of a wolf with no loyalty and one that should be chased off as soon as possible. Suddenly she felt a surge of being at ease with the others around her, a feeling that she had not felt in an extremely long time. She smiled to herself, hoping that this was a good omen and she would enjoy her time affiliating with the members of this pack, and not regret her decision. Adonia relaxed her body from the nervous stance that she had when she had arrived, and tried to concentrate on the wolves around her and the conversation that she was having.

come what may - Vlarindara - Feb 01, 2011

OOC: Posting this as if Raigo was already situated and has the root. :) Couldn't resist popping in.[dohtml]
Raigo was settled in their den, having been given the Elecampene root she'd found with the help of the Midnight Plateu pack. He was settled with a meal when he woke, and she had a few hours yet to do as she pleased. Generally, she would be hunting, but having heard the howl, the wolf decided to make the trip towards the mountain so she could see what this was all about. The white wolf was getting stronger, steadily and with surety, she knew that she would survive whatever was thrown at her now. The trip was made faster than it had been when she'd made the flight in her fear over Raigo's condition.

This time she knew the path up the mountain and she followed it, creeping along the ridge and working to circle around the gathering wolves. Vlarindara did her best to keep downwind of the pack, letting the scents and smells of the group sift themselves through her nose. Borden had mentioned only two wolves when they'd spoken.. It seemed he had gained a few more - or lied. She had no idea why he would have lied to her.. but she had to find out.. to look and watch the dynamic of the group - who deferred to who. To see what wolf she may have to petition once she decided to join the pack - if it was offered.

Belly and head low, the female kept her profile hidden among the icy snow covering the mountain, leaving only her bright amber eyes and black nose be visible. Granted, she also ensured that she kept herself close to a decently sized rock, crouching next to it s oshe would be even LESS visible. The winds carried the current of their words to her ears... and she settled to listen.. and watch. To guage the strength and temperment of the pack as a whole.. To see if she and Raigo should..perhaps move on.
[/doHTML]

come what may - Weldering - Feb 02, 2011

[dohtml]

The young black and silver male grinned at the Alpha's reaction. He too remained seated but pleasantly nodded in respect. 'Good to see you again! And here of all places!' Once again he just grinned, almost laughing out aloud at where else he might be... Swift River? The thought entertained him for a while before his attention was grasped by others attending the meeting. 'I'm glad to see a new wolf, or two, in our ranks. Especially you, Welde.' <b style="color:#0d5b8c; font-family:geogia; font-size:13px">"Thankyou Alex." He replied back, though Weldering was just as pleased. in fact it surprised him how well Borden had done. From two wolves.. to four.. to now even more arriving. It was great news for the pack!

As Border was announced as the official beta again he couldn't wipe the smirk from his maw. <b style="color:#0d5b8c; font-family:geogia; font-size:13px">"Yeah it was Borden who accepted me." Now turning to face the newly proclaimed Beta with a respectful nod for him too. <b style="color:#0d5b8c; font-family:geogia; font-size:13px">"Congratulations Borden." The meeting continued and Weldering listened quietly, only moving slightly with a cringe as Honijo was mentioned. As Alex invited some of the unknown faces in the crowd to speak his handsome ebony muzzle turned to watch.

Jaysyek spoke up first as the male's bright blue eyes glanced up and down her white frame with a delicately placed smile. The fact that she had a nickname intrigued him, being a fan of nicknames himself. Noting to his memory her name, looks, scent and also her skills. The next to introduce themselves was another she-wolf, Adonia. her talents also included hunting and slowly Weldering's ear pressed forward with interest. It was just a shame he did not know these two lovely ladies over the Winter - he would have had a much smoother time. As the gathering fell silent Weldering did not notice Vlarindara behind them, his focus was still on the two new she-wolves glancing between them every so often. Finally after a pause he decided to speak up. While Borden and Alex knew him and his skills he decided to state them anyway for the sake of the newest members of the pack. <b style="color:#0d5b8c; font-family:geogia; font-size:13px">"Well... my name is Welde. I was a member of Midnight Plateau when Honijo was in charge. But when the river ran dry I left. I thought everyone else did too but did not realise Alex here stayed behind." Pawing at the ground a little feeling a bit guilty about that. But his lone wolf instinct told him to save himself at the time. <b style="color:#0d5b8c; font-family:geogia; font-size:13px">"I'm not much of a hunter but I'm a good scout, fisher and warrior."

[/dohtml]