Ruins of Wildwood
Heartleaf Creek Cold, that's all I feel; inside and out - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore IV (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=99)
+---- Thread: Heartleaf Creek Cold, that's all I feel; inside and out (/showthread.php?tid=6511)

Pages: 1 2

Cold, that's all I feel; inside and out - Danica - Mar 01, 2014

Only two days ago had she stared back on her home lands. It had been early morning then and she had set out quickly. She wasn't sure why she left them, but she did. She felt little regret for a burning desire filled her, one to get away. That's all she wanted. She didn't understand her emotions at the time being. Was she angry? Bored? Restless? Relieved? Sad? Or what? *They are strong, one pup gone can't possibly damage them.* She thought as she glanced behind her at the other shore of the creek. Her fur clung to her legs from crossing. She had been wise enough to find a shallow spot that didn't even reach her belly.

Her hind quarters quickly found themselves on the ground as she began licking. It was too cold for what she had just done and the foolishness of it was now obvious to her. A pink tongue slid in and out of her mouth as she concentrated. The wind whispered to her soft velvet ears words she could not and would not ever understand. Emerald green eyes took a moment to blink then reopen. She listened to the noise around her and felt....alive. She was independent and on her own for the very first time. She could do this, she would do this. She would become a successful loner.

*Would if I get lonely? Then what will I do?* She questioned herself, *I'll join a pack, or maybe be an alpha like mother! Or or just meet a friend and we could travel!* The answer of options buzzed with excitement within her, *What about going home? Home is where I belong?* She confused herself with this and small brows shrugged together. Would she return?

RE: Cold, that's all I feel; inside and out - Titan - Mar 02, 2014

So yeah Titan'snot going on the current moose hunt this time around. Might as well have him explore a little. :)

[dohtml]

It wasn't he who had been missing for some time now, but his sister whom the black wolf pup had been looking for. At first Titan had thought that she might have gone to hang out with that stuck up Asriel fella from Willow Ridge. So the dark Thorben had traveled there to try to catch her scent near and around the allied packs borders. Nothing but Willow Ridge wolf scent pervaded his senses. So the boy traveled onward searching for his sister as worry clouded his thoughts. He hadn't seen her since he left her and Asriel out on the ice.

So instead of thinking I'm going to get into trouble again... the young male was thinking I can't let her disappear just like father...

His pawsteps brought the child farther north above the lands of willows until he reached an area where the trees looked much different. Like most trees at this time of year no leaves were present upon their branches, but the branches themselves were not drooped like the willows. If he had been there during mid to late spring the dark pup would have seen heart shaped leaves upon those branches.

Pausing to look at the trees Titan finally realized he had wandered much farther than he should have. However this time he wasn't scared about being alone or lost. For Titan was a little more wise about how he traveled. He knew most if not all of Southern Eden now. So he knew that retracing his steps back would take him quickly to a place Titan would recognize. Glancing back to look at his wide trail through the snow then looking up at the suns placement in the partially clouded sky Titan nodded to himself. He could get back fine. So instead he traveled further...

Not realizing that he was traveling over a frozen stream covered with close to three feet of snow, Titan plowed forward. His long legs and bulky body making it easy to push through the thick white. Luckily for him and most other wolves was that they could pad over at least a foot of that 3 feet of snow because that lower layer was hard. Wolves large paws made it so that their weight would be more evenly dispersed on the snow and acted like snowshoes.

Jerking to a stop Titan scented the air. At first he thought the female pup scent was Malia, but upon closer inspection he quickly realized that it was a pup from another pack. Narrowing his gaze and finally becoming nervous Titan tried to search for the girl who was also out and about. He hoped he hadn't come across another pack. Hi mother would not be pleased if he got into trouble with other wolves.

"Hello? Anyone there?" Titan barked not realizing the the other pup was cut out of his view by a mound of snow.

WHISPER Caverns

[/dohtml]

RE: Cold, that's all I feel; inside and out - Danica - Mar 03, 2014

(Awesome! I was planing on sending her to WC, maybe he can be apart of that journey? :) )

Danica was dry and clean fairly quick. It did not make sense to her why a part of the river wasn't frozen, but now she felt extremely dumb for not realizing the ice covered sections. She growled clearly annoyed with herself before standing up. She took a moment to stretch then just as she was about to decide what to do a voice spoke, "Hello? Anyone there?" Not taking a moment to think she yelped and ran tail tucked. Next she rounded a tree and hid as well as she could. Peering around she looked at him; he was a pup too. She hadn't met another pup before, excluding her brothers. And he, was defiantly not Ashton....and her other brother was deceased...

Wide emerald green eyes stared at him with pure shock. "Y-your a pup-up." She mumbled quietly with the familiar hint of shyness, "I-I h-haven't met a pup who-ho wasn't a sib-sibling before." Nervously she looked down, "I-I'm alone, so, um, just me here...well you too-o." She spoke in a hushed voice the entire time. *I wonder who he is! Oh another pup! This is so EXCITING!* She thought inwardly leaping for joy. However, she simply coward a little more behind the tree. *I need to focus and stop stuttering...*

Slowly she stepped out into view and straightened up to look proud. "I am Danica Reiner, the princess of Secret-" She paused for a moment then corrected herself, "The ex-princess of Secret Woodlands." She announced in a serious manner. During this she couldn't help but keep her eyes darting off towards the ground. Who wouldn't be a bit nervous?

RE: Cold, that's all I feel; inside and out - Titan - Mar 31, 2014

[dohtml]

His blue gaze catches sight of a movement near a few good sized tree trunks. Moving his head sideways a bit to look more closely Titan watched as a head popped out of hiding from behind the largest tree. His eyes met with her beautiful green ones as Titan sighed. That's not a danger... Just a girl.

"Y-your a pup-up." Danica's words made the dark boys' head cock to one side curiously.

"Well I'm definitely not a girl like you now am I?" Noting her shyness immediately, Titan decided to give her a sheepish grin while his tail wagged in a friendly way. Then he glanced around at the landscape once more to make sure nothing else was going to make scary noises and frighten him again.

"I-I h-haven't met a pup who-ho wasn't a sib-sibling before." The girl pup spoke sotly as his eyes turned back to her while she leaned half out from behind the tree to look at him. Danica's shy words immediately had the boy relaxed while his tone took a gentleness Titan didn't think he had.

"I-I'm alone, so, um, just me here...well you too-o." Not even annoyed by her stuttering Titan stepped forward holding his nose out with a friendly smile.

"You can stop hiding, I'm not going to hurt you." Titan cocked his head once more while his dark banner waved happily behind him. Danica wasn't the first pup Titan had met that wasn't family. The dark Thorben had met the Archer siblings along with one of the Attaya children near the lands of his pack. In fact Titan was growing accustomed to meeting with the Archer royalty. As much as he dreaded meeting up with the princes. Their packs were too close for them not to meet during wandering adventures.

Finally the stranger girl pup stepped out from behind the tree fully giving Titan full view of her cream, gray, and white pelt. Not near as much red as compared to his sister Malia adorned this girl. His eyes narrowed appreciatively as the shy girl managed to gather her courage to stand up straight, like a princess, to address him.

"I am Danica Reiner, the princess of Secret-" She paused for a moment then corrected herself, "The ex-princess of Secret Woodlands."

That was a surprise to him. Secret Woodlands was a new place for the young Thorben. It must be a pack much farther away than Cut Rock River or Willow Ridge was from his own family. He remembered the name from somewhere but wasn't sure how he knew it. Not that Titan could remember way back when Ashanti had mentioned Secret Woodlands quite a long time ago. But why ex-princess? Titan sniffed her over noting that he could barely if at all smell any other wolf on her pelt.

"I'm the first born prince of Whisper Caverns pack. My name is Titan Thorben. " He gave her a respectful nod among equals even if Danica was an ex-princess.

"But...why may I ask, are you an ex-princess? Is your pack nearby? Or did you leave?" Titan was curious as he probed the girl for more information on this familiar sounding pack.

WHISPER Caverns

[/dohtml]

RE: Cold, that's all I feel; inside and out - Danica - Mar 31, 2014

Danica listened to him sigh as he watched her, words soon slipping from his mouth. Her serious facial expression faltered for a moment as she allowed herself to giggle a little, "I never said you were....I bet you could pass as one though. Change the voice...." She trailed off towards the ends. The girl wasn't sure why she had suddenly playfully teased him, and guilt spread across her face. "I'm sorry, not sure what got into me there." A bit shamefully she glanced away.

She took note of his grin and did her best to mimic his friendliness with a small smile. Her tail swayed stiffly, she felt all jittery about this still. She stepped back shyly for a moment then boldly came forth a little. She extended her nose out in a much more timid manner.

"I didn't even think of that, I'm just...shy...I guess..." She whispered in response to his statement about not going to hurt her. Hoping he wouldn't notice she took the moment to scan him over. He was dark pelted like the yearling, Gent, she had met. It seemed both owned intriguing eyes that caught her attention. She didn't take much more time in looking him over, for he began to speak.

Titan Thorben of Whisper Caverns, wait a minute. Didn't she know that pack name? Deciding to brush this off she pulled her attention back to him. He did a nod thing and she quickly copied him; unsure if she was acting correctly.

His question stunned her, and the shock consumed her face. Her ears drew back as she gabbed a little. Did she even have a proper answer for him? Looking down and turning her head away from him she answered, "Well, a, Prince Thorben..." She attempted to choose her words carefully, "No, my mother's pack is a bit ways from here...I left cause, well, um, I guess I just couldn't take it anymore. Loosing my brother, having my dad suddenly return after abandoning us, I just didn't like the drama. Being there only made it worse. I some what kept it to myself though...then just...decided to up and leave..." Dani spilt the beans for sure, and now found herself backing up awkwardly.

RE: Cold, that's all I feel; inside and out - Titan - Apr 02, 2014

[dohtml]

"No, my mother's cult is a bit ways from here...I left cause, well, um, I guess I just couldn't take it anymore. Loosing my brother, having my dad suddenly return after abandoning us, I just didn't like the drama. Being there only made it worse. I some what kept it to myself though...then just...decided to up and leave..." Titan listened as Danica gave her answer.

His heart lurched as the girl spoke about her father leaving and then returning. How the dark wolf wished his father would return. No one in his pack knew whether Sloane had intentionally left or if something had happened to the rusted male. Not like how his mother had gone missing after a mission she had warned some of her pack about. Worry and a tad bit of anger tugged at his chest while the Thorben thought of his father. If Titan ever found out his father had left intentionally he would flip out. I don't know what I would do if that was true...

Turning his gaze to the paw prints in the snow Titan held a sad look on his face.

"Our father went missing too, but he...never came back" His eyes looked upwards as Titan saw Danica backing away. "Please don't go... " Was all he could muscle out past his pointed muzzle. He rather liked having company after being alone for some time. Especially enjoyable company, for unlike his sister Danica seemed to have a soft sweet personality. He found it easy to get along with her.

"Umm.. by the way, have you seen a pup our age with amber eyes, tawny red fur and white legs? My sister Malia has ventured off someplace again without me. I was looking for her." He kept a curious look over his face while the dark boys eyes radiated a gentle warmth.

WHISPER Caverns

[/dohtml]

RE: Cold, that's all I feel; inside and out - Danica - Apr 02, 2014

*His father never came back...*Danica trailed off in thought, unsure of how to respond. Sighing she finally gave him an answer, "He came back with a story, but I was quite frankly dissapointed. He wasn't there for us the majority of our lives. He could of done something about my brothers death, and honestly I think him being back only upsets me." She gave him honesty while choking a little on her words. She hoped that in some way, this would be comforting. She only doubted it. *I bet it's best if he never returns.*She added in her head.

She decided to stay, as he had asked her to, yet staid where she was. Dani had to at least admit to herself he seemed fairly nice. She listened carefully as he began talking of another pup. She looked down sadly, "I'm sorry, but no. As I said earlier your the first I met set aside from my brothers." Dancica said freely before adding, "I mean...brother." She frowned even more. She had lost one and had dare to still speak plural. Guilty eyes shifted from the ground to her paws. How awkward this conversation had become for her.

A change of subject would be been nice...However, what else was there to talk about? *Oh, his pack.* "So...tell me...what is your pack like? I'm looking for a new home." Sweet and simple, perhaps a bit nervous, but her question was some what personal. She was not sure if he trusted her enough to respond truthfully.

RE: Cold, that's all I feel; inside and out - Titan - Apr 02, 2014

[dohtml]

Glancing at their surroundings once more just to keep his eyes respectfully away from the girls green ones, Titan listened nodding and still worrying about his sister. Where are you Malia? He thought quietly turning his deep pool blue eyes to the ground where some winged insect crawled over the snow. Though he was feeling a bit relieved when Danica changed the topic. He didn't want to feel bad about making her feel bad while talking about something depressing about her life that he hadn't known about.

"My home is nice. We live in the northern end of a big meadow. In the spring the meadow is filled with flowers and tall grass that is easy to get lost in. Then the flowers go away in summer while the grass grows taller almost like a maze. Then in late summer the meadow turns golden yellow. It's fun to run through and chase the rabbits. " He answered while images of romping around the meadow sprang into his head.

"My pack mates...Well.. Most of them are all fine. My brother is annoying sometimes but he's a great guy. Mom is the best and nicest. Then Inali is great to play fight with. Tokino is an annoying old geezer, but I guess sometimes he makes sense." He stopped there not continuing the answer. It had suddenly dawned upon Titan how few of his pack mates that he actually liked. His mother, brother, and Inali. Tokino barely made that list. Whereas Ash, Minka, Simaea, and that new chick he still didn't even know the name of were all on a "tolerate them" list. He respected most of their decisions but didn't necessarily like them in any way.

"...but yeah you know what's the best about my pack?" He grinned while his tail wagged beating at the air. "We live in a huge den. It has these big stone things that lift up the roof. I can't tell you how many times I've nearly gotten lost looking through all the tall tunnels." Titan widened his smile obviously happy and proud of the place his family called home even if the family itself wasn't doing so well.

WHISPER Caverns

[/dohtml]

RE: Cold, that's all I feel; inside and out - Danica - Apr 19, 2014

As silence filled the air the almost yearling pup watched the bug, trying to ignore the tension. Words soon met her ears and she listened with undivided attention. "That sounds lovely, Titan. Danica chimed in while lifting her head to face his. She kept her orbs respectively away from blue ones, but only sense he gave her the same respect. She wasn't sure why she felt this way, but she knew if he didn't offer that to her she would look him dead in the eye. Luckily nothing hostile was to come from this meeting.

She stifled a laugh when he spoke of Tokino. *Geezer, what a funny word.* "Can you tell me more about your brother? And the pack leaders? She asked in the most polite voice she could muster. A small sweet grin had broken out onto her lips. She liked the sound of these wolves so far. As he seemed to wonder off into thought a worried and puzzled expression consumed her facial features, "Are you OK?" She asked genuinely.

At his sudden joy her face lit up and she replied, "What?!" In a voice far from shy. She grinned at him with excitement. She gaped a little when he replied. "Woah! I just gotta see that! Will you take me? Please Titan?"

Without waiting for a response she headed out in a random direction. Determination to find this location was well written on her face. She stopped after a few lengthy steps, "Where to prince?" She spoke playfully towards him as her tail swayed. For whatever had gotten into her, she kinda liked it. Feeling bold she gave out a little whimsical bark.

RE: Cold, that's all I feel; inside and out - Titan - May 30, 2014

[dohtml]

He nodded as Danica asked about his brother and the alphas. He didn't really want to talk about the alphas, but his brother was another story. Titan both loved and hated his brother. He loved Yuka as a brother and family, but hated how he was always arrogant as if he knew everything. Still, he would do anything to help his brother out if he needed it.

"My brother is named Yuka Thorben. HIf you ever see him he's all gray with a rusted face and amber eyes." Titan gave the short description just in case she were to meet him at some point in time. "I love my brother, he's gentle and kind, but can sometimes come off as a know-it-all..." He glanced around looking at the landscape once more before his eyes settled on the stream.

"But yeah sure I'll take you to see it." He stood and turned towards the south west before realizing that the only way he might find his way back was by following his own scent trail. Titan still wasn't sure of this new place.

He spotted Danica starting to leave then chuckled. She was headed in the wrong direction. "If you follow me and my trail back you can see it." He started forward in the opposite direction with his nose close to the ground to catch his trail and follow it. Then looked up once more at the surrounding landscape. His own tail wagged happily as Titan picked his way forward and began feeling more comfortable about the path he was taking.

(Exit Titan + final exit post needed from @Danica)

[/dohtml]