Ruins of Wildwood
Iridescent Lagoon Oh lonely grave - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore IV (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=99)
+---- Thread: Iridescent Lagoon Oh lonely grave (/showthread.php?tid=6531)

Pages: 1 2

Oh lonely grave - Simaea - Mar 02, 2014

@Inali

[dohtml]

The Nite she wolf was so cold. Every bone in her body ached, she could not remember how long she had been gone searching for Malia. The princess had been missing for far too long but the healer would not quit searching until she found her. The dark she wolf vaguely remembered losing her scent trail a week before today and now she was tiring much faster each day. Simaea took on the appearance of a loner for her lack of food and her exhaustion, she had even developed a limp for her sore limbs, but she would search until she succumbed to the cold or found the princess. Sadly she would certainly do one of this this day, A shape on the horizon set her tired ears forward. Simaea Nite drew ragged breath and started limping quickly towards what appeared to be the sleeping form of a small wolf.

The healer moved slowly towards the form, disheveled and tired her eyes weren't making out the awkward twist of the body nor the stillness of the fur. But Simaea did soon arrive and gaze into the eyes of Malia. Her eyes appeared made out of the ice that surrounded her hindquarters, at least the eye she still had, something had taken one. Simaea's breath hitched and she retched a few times before finally expelling what was left of the contents of her stomach. Suddenly as if in a frenzy the healer scraped at the ice with her claws trying to dig the princess out. But soon she smelled the sharp tang of her own blood and forced herself to quit.

Simaea couldn't stand the grizzly sight =, the ice around Malia was stained with blood and her face was a simple mask as if she hadn't even realized what was happening, but deep in that haunting orb Simaea could see the fear that gripped her in her final moments. "Oh dear princess, why did we have to lose you? Why couldn't you young ones just stay home with us until spring?" The dark Nite she wolf began to whine, she wanted to cry out her pain for the lost pup to the heavens but she knew better than to attract unwanted attention. Now she simply stared blankly at Malia's body, periodically whining again while the blood from her frayed and torn paws leaked slowly into the icy snow.

[/dohtml]

RE: Oh lonely grave - Inali - Mar 02, 2014

[dohtml]

Speech.

It had been too long. Simaea had gone out for herbs and Malia had tagged along, but it had been too long. Something was or had gone wrong, she could feel it in her bones. That's why she found herself out of the territory once again. Maybe she would go by their scent, find them somewhere near home? She was tired, and she was hungry. Winter had sapped up most of her strength. Inali had been out since early morning and she was tired, oh so tired, but she pushed on. Clambering over snowbanks and dead branches, her paws moved on their own accord. They led her through Drooping Willows, and the frozen over marshes, until she reached Iridescent Lagoon. There was a lone figure, not too far away. Moving ever closer on her quiet paws, the woman tried to determine who it was. Whoever it was, they were frantic. Their movements were panicked, and then abruptly just stopped. Inali had crept in so close that she could see scars. Familiar scars. She would recognize those neck markings anywhere, though they had hardly ever bothered her as of late. This wasn't just some loner, this was Whisper Cavern's lost healer! A relieved whine slipped out of her muzzle before she could stop it. Opening her maw, she spoke in a gentle tone, almost reverently. "Simaea?," she breathed out. Where she was standing, Inali couldn't see the familiar body layed at Simaea's paws. From her vantage point, all she could see was Simaea. And she felt such inexplicable joy, Inali couldn't even understand it herself.

[/dohtml]

RE: Oh lonely grave - Simaea - Mar 02, 2014

[dohtml]

The voice floated into her ears for a split second her head started do duck to cover her scars and her ears started to dip towards her head before she realized the owner of the voice was Inali. She was terrified and exhilarated all at once. She had secretly admired Inali from afar for sometime very confused at why she wanted so much to get to know the other she wolf. It was strange that she considered it an attraction as well. So she was terrified that this moment had collided with Inali and now Simaea was weak she couldn't speak at first, too stunned to notice the sound that was in Inali's voice and in too much pain to care for the moment. But she was exhilarated to know that Inali cared at least enough to try and find her.

Now Simaea turned her head and shifted her body revealing Malia's form. Her own voice sounded foreign to her, "I was too late Inali, I searched and searched but I was just... just too late." The last words where barely a haggard whisper. The healer of the caverns was broken now, she could not make sense of up or down, only that she had once again failed. Only this time her sadness would not crush her, deep down she already felt her core burning, ready to face the rest of her life knowing that she would have to be faster if this ever happened again. Simaea's eyes fell on Inali's face, full of sadness and pain, but she spoke again. "She's not cold anymore."

[/dohtml]

RE: Oh lonely grave - Inali - Mar 02, 2014

[dohtml]

Speech.

The scarred woman shifted, and that's when Inali saw it. Not it exactly, but her. The little spitfire that had showed her so much contempt because the affection her brother held for her. Anguish consumed her, for even though at times she didn't get along with the pup, she still loved her. Simaea's words barely made it through her grief fogged brain.

"I was too late Inali, I searched and searched but I was just... just too late."

Slowly, Inali made her way forward to the two creatures, one dead and the other very much alive. Her muzzle briefly met Simaea's before Inali's eyes finally laid on the fallen body up close. She lifted one paw and carefully closed the little girl's eyes, for she was no more. Oh, what fear she must have known in her last moments? What fear to know that no one was in sight to help her, to save her. Inali glanced at Simaea. The women was breaking in her guilt and anguish, and all the petite woman wanted to to do was to wrap her in her embrace and take away all the pain she was currently feeling. Inali had to be the strong one, she couldn't bare to see this beautiful woman in front of her in such anguish.

Inali tentatively moved closer, burying her muzzle into Simaea's furry neck. Hoping that she wasn't making the woman uncomfortable, she opened her muzzle and murmured the following words. "It is true, Simi. She is no longer cold. She is warm, well fed and happy. She is looking down on all of us, experiencing not only our struggles, but our happiness as well. I must believe that, for this terrible grief will consume me if I don't." Her voice was bit choked, but she got the words through. What were these strange feelings? Why did she feel like she had to protect this woman from all the pain this world possessed? Was it because Simaea was her friend? That had to be it. Yes, it had to be.

[/dohtml]

RE: Oh lonely grave - Simaea - Mar 03, 2014

[dohtml]

Simaea felt as though she were filling up with sadness, soon to spill over onto Inali but she knew she couldn't do that. Simaea's job was healing in every aspect, which meant she even had to heal herself, at least that was what she thought. Simaea was so absorbed in her sadness and only seemed reactive when Inali's muzzle bumped hers, her breath caught one time and she fell completely still fighting back the overwhelming urge to take comfort in Inali and just be wrapped around her. The healer was having a very hard time fighting down her strange feelings for Inali now with these passing moments. Simaea stared almost blankly at Inali just trying to fight her own desires away. It only took her gaze slipping over to Malia to bring her back to her senses.

Even at the moment Simaea felt the spark come from her when Inali pressed into her her gaze remained on Malia's face. Soft words met her ears and went straight into her heart. Especially coming from Inali. "Thank you Inali, I... I'm glad it was you who found her with me." Her gravel voice rolled over Inali's body and faded away, Simaea squeezed her eyes shut for a few moments trying to rid herself of the image of the girl's broken and lost life. "Can we say our goodbye's to her? I can't bear to be near anymore, or this grief will consume me as well." She gazed at Malia once more before whispering. "Goodbye princess of the Caverns."

[/dohtml]

RE: Oh lonely grave - Inali - Mar 03, 2014

[dohtml]

Speech.

She smelled so good. After weeks of traveling, Simaea's natural perfume was stil strong, and it was enveloping Inali's senses. For one precious moment, all she could hear, see, touch, feel, was Simaea. Until the moment was broken by Simaea's voice washing over her. Shivering slightly in plesaure?, the woman finally puled away. Her thoughts conflicted against one another as she stared at Malia's body. What the hell was wrong with her? A little girl laid dead at her feet and she was thinking about some she-wolf?! Simaea spoke of saying their goodbye's and Inali briefly nodded. Yes, there was no time for other things. Lowering her head in respect of the dead, she whispered her final words to the girl. We will miss you, little one. May the Fates take care of you and bless you." Inali blinked, not expecting to feel such pain for a pup that was not even her child. But, she had watched and loved them since they were born, so all the pups were like her children. It hurt, but she didn't want to wallow in grief no longer. The snow was already starting to cover the girl.

Turning, Inali looked in the direction of home. Her voice was soft but firm when she opened her maw. "Come," the command easily slipping off her tongue. Continuing, she glanced at Simaea. We must tell the pack the news and I need to see your injuries." The determined look in her eyes was replaced by one of genuine worry and concern. Locking eyes with Simaea, her questioning began. You are a healer, yes, but you are also injured. Don't think I haven't noticed your limp and your paws are bleeding." Her gaze clearly meant she wanted an explanation. She didn't notice that this worry seemed to surpass that of what she would feel if Simaea was a regular pack mate.

[/dohtml]

RE: Oh lonely grave - Simaea - Mar 04, 2014

[dohtml]

Simaea was silent, her mind a whirlwind at everything that was happening to her, she was vibrating now that she had looked away from Malia, every hair on her body quivered in excitement for her closeness to Inali and she just could not stop it, no matter how hard she tried. It seemed for a brief moment to that Inali was loosing herself int the healer's fur. But Simaea shook the thought, Inali was a normal she wolf, not wrong and strange like Simaea. Who harbored strange feelings that she could not explain for a she wolf. Not a male like a normal wolf, but a she wolf, she had never felt truly attracted to anyone until she met Inali. It scared her because in her mind, she was afraid that different, meant wrong.

When Inali's voice finally broker her thoughts, the dark female cracked the biggest most ridiculous grin she ever had, at the concern on Inal's face, and in her voice. She was so happy that Inali cared like this, she had to constantly remind herself to keep her trap shut before she said something completely foolish and made Inali angry, or worse, Inali could tell Minka and Simaea would be shunned forever. "It is okay Inali, I just need rest for my limp, it is only strained not truly injured, and my paws are just scratched from the ice... I.... I tried to dig her out. The snow will do well to keep them soothed until I can clean them at home." She finished with a better smile now, looking at Inali and trying her best "friend" look. She had no idea if it was working but she could not keep her eyes from wandering all over Inali.

[/dohtml]

RE: Oh lonely grave - Inali - Mar 04, 2014

[dohtml]

Speech.

At her words, the healer gave her the biggest smile she had ever seen on the woman. It was absolutely dazzling, and all she could do was stare and blink in shock. Who knew she had such a beautiful smile, Inali thought. Finally snapping herself out of her stupor, the petite woman couldn't help but return the smile. It was impossible to not return the smile. Inali was happy that Simaea was happy, for she had hated to see the woman in such great despair. Her eyes were bright with relief as Simaea spoke, reassuring her that her injuries were minor one's, not anything serious. Opening her maw, you could hear the relief in her tone as she spoke. "Well, good. I'd hate to see a beautiful woman like yourself in pain." The compliment escaped her maw before she could help it, and she burned in embarrassment. Inali looked away briefly, but then turned her gaze back to the healer in front of her. She was shocked at what she saw, though she didn't let it show on her face. Simaea was smiling at her all normal-like, but her eyes were telling a different story.

Her earlier blunder of embarrassment was forgotten, and the woman regained her natural confidence. Slowly gliding over to Simaea, she remembered words that her mother had once used to describe her. At times you are clumsy, but even then you seem to move like a gazelle. Well, now she was all wolf. She was the predator and Simaea was her prey. Inali's movements were slow as she closed the small distance between them, a coy little smile playing upon her muzzle. "Do you see something you like, Simi?," she questioned in a whisper, her tone flirtatious. She had moved close enough that Simaea would probably have no trouble hearing her. In fact, Inali had moved so close that she once again ran her muzzle across Simaea's furry neck, taking in her scent. It's like she couldn't get enough. Did Simaea also feel these strange emotions? Only time would tell.

[/dohtml]

RE: Oh lonely grave - Simaea - Mar 04, 2014

[dohtml]

They were far enough away now that nothing could distract her from Inali hard as she tried, the other she wolf had her full attention, and the moment the words slipped from Inali's muzzle Simaea grinned once again and wagged her tail. Beautiful was a word Simaea had never used to describe herself even though she was grinning her head still dropped a little in a short attempt at covering the scars on her neck as she was so used to doing, hiding her weaknesses. But because it was Inali, that only went so far. The next thing that happened was stunning, Inali moved closer and Simaea felt herself slipping, her head dropped further and til the moment Inali's muzzle touched her neck, Simaea froze entirely, rooted to the spot.

Do you see something you like, Simi? Her resolve snapped and her head swung slowly around to touch the tip of Inali's ear. "Yes Inali. You." Her heart was hammering and she was fighting the urge to shove herself into Inali's side, she had spilled the secret with what she said, and was exhilarated, tired, terrified, and all at the same time she wanted this so badly that it was almost beginning to hurt her pounding heart. Her legs began to ache as if they were fighting her to stay in place. Inali's scent wreathed around her and Simaea's muzzle quivered at the tip of Inali's ear where she was just dying to move it lower and run it across the she wolf's face.

[/dohtml]

RE: Oh lonely grave - Inali - Mar 04, 2014

[dohtml]

Speech.

Simaea's head weaved around and bent to reach her ear. The words that reached her ear almost made her collapse. Holy shit, her mind said. Inside, she was hyperventilating. Big time. The chemistry flowing between them could be denied no longer. But to hell if Inali wasn't woman enough to realize that she was scared shitless. Scared shitless of these new feelings consuming them both, scared of how others would react. To others, she knew this wasn't their definition of 'normal'. But what was normal nowadays? If Inali felt an attraction to someone, whether it was male or female, was it really wrong to pursue the object of her desire? She didn't know the answer yet, but what she did know was that she didn't want to break this moment. Through her internal turmoil, outside she had kept calm. Even when she felt her heart would beat out of her chest because of how hard it was beating.

Softly humming her pleasure as a response to Simaea's words, the rust-hued fae couldn't help what she did next. Blaming it on her hormones, Inali lifted her head a bit. Planting small "kisses" on Simaea's shoulder, Inali craned her neck so that Simaea could do as she pleased. Inali knew she needed to stop. Both of their hormones were on overdrive because of the nearing spring. She didn't want this...whatever this was..to get out of control. They needed to calm down, cool down and clear their head. But damn if Simaea wasn't sending white hot pleasure through her veins. Reluctantly, Inali began to pull away murmuring,"We need to stop Simi." Taking one last sniff of Simaea's heavenly perfume, the fae pulled away completely.

[/dohtml]