Ruins of Wildwood
Mountain of Dire Profoundly White Firebrand - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Incompleted Relic Lore (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Mountain of Dire Profoundly White Firebrand (/showthread.php?tid=662)

Pages: 1 2

Profoundly White Firebrand - Ozera - Jan 31, 2011

The world was lapped in sweet, deep ebony. Overhead, the abyss was a swath of dewy spider web of stars, its gossamer invisible links well beyond the eyes of wolves. Mouth agape, she watched her breath roll out in a foggy plume, swirling about her, churning in the cool, deep night. A sigh, a soft sigh of content filled the air, and whimsically drifted about the frosted atmosphere. Her paws fought for every inch up this barren stone monolith that rose from the ground, all menace and imposing grace. When she had first arrived in this wooded land, it's peak had snagged her eyes and tempted her heart, and when the territorial scent markers had drifted towards her, it seemed too good to be true. Although this world of rock looked unforgiving and unlivable, there were clearly others in the area who made their home here. These wolves would have to be dreadfully strong to live in such a harsh looking land, but the thought comforted Ozera. "Who would ever want to live in a pack of daisies and sunshine?"

Her next step was unfortunately misplaced. A slab of rock that had certainly looked sturdy from a distance turned out to be mean-spirited and precariously settled. The horizon suddenly tilted and the soft, milk-white ground rose to meet her in a familiar embrace. All she knew then was a crystal universe, intricately carved and radiant and deep, ever so deep. For a moment, her yellow eyes watched the stars fall out of the sky, and land around and on her. Wait. Ozera shook her dark sorrel head. Of course, those were not stars: it was snow. How absolutely silly of me.

Slowly the wolf, dappled with snow, rose to her feet and looked around. Perhaps her nose had lied to her, for she had seen no others on this mountain, and had seen no signs of life. There was only those scent markers. Perplexed, her tail swept back and forth, a metronome keeping time with her monotonous and unhurried heartbeat. In the back of her mind, regret and loneliness began to seep in. Maybe this was a mistake? Sure, other wolves... could live here. But what if I can't? But thoughts like these did not reach her consciousness, they were only a subtle trickle that had not been given the time to fully manifest and turn into a river of doubt. Instead, her eyes narrowed with determination, and despite the cold and the depth of this sable solitude, she began to wander farther up the mountain, only halfheartedly curious about the awful, terrifying beauty of this mountain. Finding the wolves who lived her was all that concerned her.

Profoundly White Firebrand - Jaysyek - Feb 01, 2011

[dohtml]

bordercolor="#00000">

OOC:i'm no alpha, or high rank, so i hope it's all right as i thought a regular member would investigate till the alpha arrives. so excuse me if i should'nt have. :X

In the silence of the dark winter night lone, silver female was staring upon the vast sky. Dawns early light had time to come, and it was in this still hour her dreams had chased her from sound slumber. The dreams had not been nightmares, more memories,emotions she surpressed in her wakings. When she let her eyes close, she no longer held a guard and they struggled to the surface wanting to get out. They always did, and after twenty minutes of letting them swarm she'd startle, and wake. On the ledge of the mountain, outside of the tunnel she claimed for her bed she sat with figure hunched. Winter's grip was still upon the land with it's cold breath, but she did not feel it's touch any more. The mountain had started hardening her against the elements, all she could feel was the lonely, emptiness her heart carried. In time it to would change and harden to the cold stone of the mountain. A steady gaze, her sight wandered to the dropping woodlands, and beyond the pack borders. She hadn't thought she'd miss wandering day in and day out on her own, but she was begining to feel like a prisoner in isolation.

The wind blew a little stronger, and tail tucked a top her hind paws. She was hungry for a purpose, bored out of her mind. What would she do today? How would she pass the time, the time that seemed to instill backwards till the hands weren't moving at all. Just stuck on twelve mocking her, and she'd be frozen in this time wrap. Never to accomplish anything. She hadn't seen any fellow packmates for a day or two, and it was with good reason because she avoided it at all costs. She wasn't going to do anything stupid, and if it meant she was alone so be it. Of coarse if the Alpha had seeked her out, or needed something she wouldn't hesitate or hide. Till then she would be her only company.

Unmoved, the wind still blowing suddenly the scent of a strange wolf burned her nostrils. Alarmed she jumped quickly to her feet, silver hairs standing up along her spine. She had never thought a loner would climb the mountain, let alone this far and thus the information some one was here now put her on high alert. This hour who went wandering on a mountain side.Tail held at hock's height, and ears pinned to the flats of her skull. Without a thought for safety she immediately went on search to find the intruder.

let it go
let it roll
gotta fall sometimes.

[/dohtml]

Profoundly White Firebrand - Ozera - Feb 01, 2011

ooc — Oh I don't mind at all! :3

So concerned with seeing members of this alleged pack, Ozera had almost forgotten that she had a a nose at all. It was, after all, her eyes, shrewdly inspecting the darkness of night, that actually noticed that a small drift of snow was being blown towards her. Ozera stopped a second time. That was not a snowdrift. Maybe I hit my head. Snow did not have eyes, it did not have fur, and it did not walk upon four legs. What was walking towards her with pomp and purposefulness was definitely a wolf. Oh I definitely hit my head.

Perhaps it really was a mound of snow. That seemed more likely.

Turning around to face this monster of the snow —wolf or otherwise— Ozera's ears pricked hopefully. If she had been human, a very distinct and broad smile would have painted her face. Perhaps she was being a bit brash, and perhaps this wolf wanted to tear her head off or something —she was in their territory, after all— but she hardly cared. Company was company whether or not said company's accompaniment was a smile or a snarl. It had been so long. Her heart felt something like a kick. It had been months.

But surely, this wolf, whose fur was so delightfully silver, would not be unkind. Ozera felt it in her bones, although her bones had certainly been wrong before, and would be wrong many more times in her life. However, Ozera would not let the possibility of being maimed on the spot get to her. Pessimists, she thought with a scoff, How on earth do they ever get anything done? All caught up in the negatives. So, without hesitation, the ocean of billowing and disheveled brown fur loped down the mountainside. There was an attempt here and there to display more caution in her pawsteps, but she could not help slipping once or twice.

"Hello!" she boomed, maybe too loudly and probably with much more enthusiasm than was necessary. "Do you live here?" Her eyes darted about for a moment, indicating this harsh sweep of mountain land.

[dohtml]

bordercolor="#00000">

ooc; sweet. can you tell i'm bored?

A sleek obsidian form, not far infront of her coming down the side, had Jayse moving fast. Hackles pricked menacily atop her spine, black lips peeled from top canines, ready to rip into the trespasser. She was quickly met with a pait of glowing orbs before she could pounce. Jayse stifled back the urge to growl seeing the broad smile on the creature's face. Delibrately inhaling deeply, she picked up on female and no other wolf scents. What on earth was she doing here?

Taken back, she was going to confront her, tell her to scat. She held back knowing that wouldn't be fair. Jayse was courteous, mostly. And she had no idea why the wolf was here and she shouldn't jump to conclusions before she even spoke. It was not her place to decide whether she stayed or needed to depart...enless of coarse she was a threat. Her stumbling steps almost proving that facts. Eyes adjusted to the new face, she could see streaks of silver,and the friendly, warmth of the lady. Hopefully she was sane.

Drawing mouth to speak, the female beat her to it. Quite loudly indeed. It took a moment for this to sink and collect herself. She was not a very morning canine, and she hadn't been ready for this. Deciding to be polite, she replied trying to keep a tone of kindness. "Hi, yes I do live here. Might I ask what your doing here at this hour?"

crash through the kingdom

find a place in the crowd.

[/dohtml]

ooc -- done on my phone :P so excuse some errors.

A pale ear twitched on her head. A flicker of hesitation danced through Ozera's mind when she noticed the fur this sleek grey stranger rise. Their lips rippled like a great curtain, drawn back to reveal it's actors. But actors were not nearly as vividly menacing or sharp, not at all. This hesitation, though, was a fleeting wisp of breath. Apparently, the she-wolf's hostility was of a similar fashion. It drifted off in the gentle arms of the night's wind, leaving the two wolves standing face to face. Ozera stood quietly now, nearly choked with the joy of another's presence. The expectancy was palpable.

When the other spoke, the scenery and time of day --or rather, a lack there of-- finally manifested itself to Ozera. "Oh," a soft trickle from her lips, "I... I'm sorry. This must be a ludicrously awful time to... receive... visitors. It was dark , very very dark. Wrapped in the veil of the deep sable hour, she had boldly ventured into a place somebody clearly called home. Whoops. Shame whirled about thoughts, lashing out at her for her imprudent disregard. But the other wolf was being polite to her, so kind, and more forgiving of her faux-pas than she deserved. "This is an interesting place you live in..." she was drowning in a sea of phrases and apologies, hoping to find something to keep her afloat. Cautious laughter bubbled up from her throat, "Bad timing. Really, awfully sorry. I smelled... others. I'm lonely, if you couldn't tell."

On her grizzled face, underneath her characteristic cow-lick whorl of fur, her brow furrowed and a sad smile lifted the corners of her lips. The teeth they revealed were yellowed with age, and there was a broken fellow in the bunch. "Again, I'm truly sorry."

[dohtml]

bordercolor="#00000">

ooc:your good, :)

Jayse had to hold back amusement, when the female realized the strange hour of her visitation. Either this wolf was an extremely good actress, or in her own little world. Jayse hoped it was the latter, as it would be an awful mistake if she was being so kind to a hidden threat. Having met quite a few wolves in her lifetime she didn't think, this wolves attitude, or warm tone could be easily faked. A heavy guard was still in place, because if she caught wind of the littlest bit of trouble she would not hesitate to attack. A weary smile, carved her black lips. "Yes, it isn't the greatest of times, especially since it could mean ill intention," She agreed, stateing the fact why the surordinate was a little leary of the mud hued she wolf.

The visitor appeared to take in these facts, and was nervous indeed. At least it was clear no funny business would be tolerated. Holding back her own words, she waited to hear the reason for her actions. The hair on her neck waited to rise, if she didn't recieve it, more then would. The female quickly appoligized again, stating the scent of others, and her loneliness. Jayse hadn't taken her for being desprately lonely, but it made sense. Even if she couldn't decipher it. "Aw, well I know loneliness is no easy thing. But, does that mean your looking to join?" She knew once and awhile they got drifters, either looking for passage to the other side, or the want to stay briefly. Maybe she wanted to join if she was lonely.

The silver female reflected on the stranger's face. She was a few years older then herself, she could see what father time had done to her. She looked like she could use a decent home, and she had said she was sorry. Inhaling deep, if the lady wanted to join she knew it'd be up to Alexander if she stayed. Jayse was not familiar with her leader so his habits were foreign to her. So she had no idea where he would be. She wished Borden were around, but she didn't know where he might be either. She half smiled to the fae, "You can stop appoligizing. We just got to figure out what to do with you."

get ready, get set
go.
run before you can catch yourself.

[/dohtml]

Profoundly White Firebrand - Alexander - Feb 01, 2011

[dohtml]
Night had descended upon the mountain, wrapping Alexander in cold, but comforting night air. He'd grown into a light sleeper, finding it took longer to fall asleep and he'd wake up long before the sun rose. So his eyes had only begun to flutter before he heard pawsteps. They were departing quickly. Usually he wouldn't care. His followers could come and go as they pleased, but the rhythm of the steps caught his attention. The Midnight Plateau alpha rose from his den, and moved into the snow.

He followed the steps in the snow, sniffing at them every so often, just to be sure that he was still on the right trail. His paws moved expertly over the icy mountain land, keeping him steady and on solid ground. He would move into a trot every moment or so, trying to catch up with the prints before the snow consumed them. But eventually the scent of Midnight Plateau mingled with the scent of foreign wolf, and it was much easier to follow.

It didn't take him long to find the pair. One of his own wolves conversing with a loner. Alexander paused for a moment, listening to their conversation before breaking in, revealing himself. He could easily identify the Plateau wolf, though, unfortunately he knew little more than her name. Jaysyek. The loner he could not identify. Tail curled over his back, he glanced curiously over the aging female, then looked at Jaysyek. <b style="color:#d1d296">"What's going on here?" There was a hint of hardness to his tone, but little to no unfriendliness. If this female was looking to join, then he wouldn't want to turn her off to the idea by threatening to rip her head off. Besides, she wasn't all that near the markers.
<b style="color:#d1d296">"speech."

[/dohtml]

It appeared that this ivory creature didn't really know what to do with her. She seemed on the cusp of antagonism, but instead watched her with forbearing, curved lips. Upon further inspection, it occurred to Ozera that there was something curious about this wolf. A pause. Were her eyes two different colours? Huh. That's strange. They really were. Looking into them chilled Ozera, and gave her a deeply unsettled feeling, almost like she was looking at a wolf who had been split in two and merged with a completely separate wolf. Such ideas were illogical, though. But she had never seen a wolf who had an eyes that were slices of the sun and sky. Entranced, Ozera stared into them, perhaps a little too long. Wait, there were words coming from her mouth now, weren't there?

Ill intention. That stung. Mostly because she was beginning to realise more keenly that her very standing on this very rock could have been perceived as a threat. Had it been some other wolf that found her, would they given her a bloodbath instead of this luke-warm conversation? But no one else found me. No use dwelling on it. With that, she tossed the notion out of the window as her train of thought churned through the night. Besides, there were more words released from the jowls in front of her.

"Aw, well I know loneliness is no easy thing. But, does that mean your looking to join?"

The last word hung in the air like mist, clinging to her fur, drenching her. Shaking herself, Ozera's smile turned into a beam of radiant jubilee. Hardly restraining herself, she whirled about in the snow as if she were a hapless yearling bubbling, "Oh I am I am I am!" She teetered and stumbled to a stop. No longer did she feel like an old hound who was in the dusk of her life, the autumn of her existence.

Radiant, ecstatic thoughts drowned out most of the next portion of words. Clearly she was beyond the state of apology and was a citizen of Euphoria and Utopia and so many wonderful things. Wait. What was she saying now? There was an intense gleam in her dulled sulfurous eyes. Of course. Of course. She's not the alpha. Of course. This did in no way bridle her glee, however. Ozera would ride this gaiety to the top of the mountain and then some. "In the mean time, can I know your na—?"

Wait a minute.

Looking over the snowy shoulder, Ozera noticed there was someone else here. This wolf smelled very much like the other, but he seemed very, very different. The regal arch of his tail of woven grayscale threads, the long, sturdy legs and broad chest, the commanding flash in his yellow eyes, all culminated in one being, the picture of dominance. Ozera's pale dun ears pivoted back and flattened themselves on her head submissively, and her tail curled towards her body. "You're the alpha, aren't you?" In his words, he would hold the key to her happiness: her acceptance. Or would he? "I... know this isn't really the time and this isn't my home... but. Could it be? Could I join?"

[dohtml]

bordercolor="#00000">

Duo colored orbs followed the merry movements of the wolf. She was a little stunned and perplexed by this creature.You would have thought Jayse had told her she'd won the lottery or something, with how excited she was. The silver female only hoped she knew it was not her decision. She was trying to figure out this little escapade. Trying to settle the slight head ache, she blinked her eyes, concentrating on the tones of her words."All right, very well then. I suppose we need to find the Alpha." She did not know he was on his way there at the time. However, when the lady inclined about her name, Jayse also picked up the familiar scent of Alex.

Eyes took in his dominant form, her head dropping slightly. He did not look mad, which she took as a good sign. But of coarse probaly wondering as he said what on earth was going on. Jaws parted ready to answer when the female submissively hunched, inquiring of him, and the question of belonging. Relieved her assumptions had been right, and the lady was smart enough to know she only hoped Alex would grant her what she wanted. Holding her tongue, she looked to her leader wondering what he would think.

falling down

stop to look around.

[/dohtml]

Profoundly White Firebrand - Alexander - Feb 09, 2011

[dohtml]
Moving towards the female, he lost none of the stance he had before, though he shifted slightly to look at Jaysyek with a look of near congratulations. While he had failed to bring about members to Midnight Plateau, as unfortunate as that was, he was glad to see his own members being welcoming enough without necessarily allowing others to simply cross over markers. There was to be another among their ranks, and for that Alexander was thankful. He'd have to let her know in words later on.

<b style="color:#73e683">"You're more than welcome to join us, but first..." His brows furrowed slightly, and he rolled his shoulders. <b style="color:#73e683">"I think I should know your name." He hadn't said yes yet, but he hadn't said no either. There were very necessary formalities to get out of the way first. He hardly knew this wolf, so he wouldn't just allow her to wander into his pack. <b style="color:#73e683">"speech."

[/dohtml]