Ruins of Wildwood
Wild Cherry Orchard Fingertips have memories - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Incompleted Relic Lore (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Wild Cherry Orchard Fingertips have memories (/showthread.php?tid=6861)

Pages: 1 2

Fingertips have memories - Capella - Apr 14, 2014

[dohtml]

Backdated before Asthon and @Catori made it to Secret Woodlands.

She wasn't sure what possessed her to travel so far from home, but the wanderlust had taken hold of her once again. Hating to be this far from Lachesis when his condition was still so fragile, the pale girl considered turning around. Already it would take her at least a day and a half to near Cut Rock's borders once more, but then an alluring scent pulled her onward. It was strange; Sweet in a way she'd never known before now. The pack could care for her ghost a little longer couldn't they? It was entirely selfish, and something she would beat herself up over later, but for now she kept on her original route.

Not long after she had first tasted the sickly sweet air, did she come upon a grove of trees; Each lined with budding branches. What were these things? Lachesis would know. He knew everything about plants, maybe these things could even be used to build up his stores - if they could even be used as medicine of course. Throwing caution to the wind, she made a cub-like attempt at standing on her hind legs. Her plight was successful however, as her forepaws made contact with the bark, and her hind legs remained rooted to the ground. She was tall enough now to stretch and grab onto the base of a branch. Pulling, and twisting she tried to rip it away from the tree but to no avail. A muffled whine escaped her throat. Now Lachesis would never be able to see the strange buds, because she couldn't just carry the strange fruit in her mouth. Returning all four of her paws to the ground, she searched the orchard's floor, hoping to find a fallen branch she could hold on to.

worlds are ruined this way, and we've all been there time and time again.

[/dohtml]

RE: Fingertips have memories - Catori - Apr 14, 2014

[dohtml]

Catori knew at this point she had spent far to much time here, she should really be getting back to Ashton now. He wasn't one to wait around all day after all, but as she was about to exit she heard a soft whimper not to far off in the distance. A wolf perhaps? It had to be. Sure sounded like one. "That noise never means anything good." she grunted, making her way to the sound.

Peeking through a few bushes, she spotted the wolf. A little shorter, a little heavier, feminine but who knows. What was it doing? Trying to get a cherry branch? What a piss poor attempt. Catori knew she could have gotten the branch if she tried. She snickered, maybe the wolf needed help. Or maybe she would continue to watch it and see if it would try again for a few more laughs. No, that wouldn't be right and she knew it.

She hesitated, but made her way closer. "Hey... The cherry branch, you want it?" Stopping movement, she decided not to get any closer until they responded. Leaving plenty of escape room between them both. "I could probably try and get it for you.. I mean I don't know for sure but I think I could.. I'd like to think I'm pretty tough!" she laughed in attempt to ease any approaching tension in the air. What did the canine want the branch for anyways? If it wanted to eat cherries it would easily be able to do so without having the whole damn branch.

[/dohtml]

RE: Fingertips have memories - Capella - Apr 14, 2014

[dohtml]

Somehow she had missed the approach; Oblivious to the scent, and the sound. She had not been careful enough. Curse her for being so stupid all of the time. Dandelion eyes shot towards the intruder, or was she the one trespassing?
"I.." Attempting an explanation, words failed her.

The dark fae spoke then, without even a hint of accusation in her voice. Wild eyes calmed as her face reclaimed some sort of normalcy. Never one to forget her graces, Capella bowed her head lightly. This might not have been a pack's territory, but she knew she was dangerously close to one, and causing a struggle for dominance was not first on her list of things to do.
"I would be very grateful." If the branch had been for herself she would have refused; Let it go without a second glance, but for some reason she felt as though Lachesis would enjoy it. He might even smile, and that was enough to drive her towards asking for help, even though social interaction wasn't a forte of hers anymore.

Allowing a delicate smile to paint her lips at the joke, she moved backwards to ensure enough space for both parties to feel comfortable.
"I tried to twist it, but it didn't even budge." Her spirits were higher now that she might have some help, and to be honest she sort of missed the companionship. Lachesis had stolen her thoughts for so long now that thinking of anything other than having to pretend felt nice.

[/dohtml]

RE: Fingertips have memories - Catori - Apr 14, 2014

[dohtml]

She was right, this wolf was female, and appeared to be quite nice. "No worries, I'll try my best to help!" Catori smiled at her new accuantence. "Twisting it didn't work huh?" She knew that much, but decided to humor her. The real problem was the branch the wolf chose.

"I don't think I'll be able to get you that one specifically.." examining the teeth marks and tears on the first targeted branch. "It might be a bit to big.. For me at least. But a smaller one maybe.." to her it was a pretty big branch, hopefully the girl didn't want that exact one. "Did you ask permission from the tree spirits before taking the branch? Without that important step, nobody is going to get a thing." she blurted, hoping this wolf might know what she spoke of.

She bowed her head, but not back at the wolf like you would expect. Instead to the cherry tree. She took a few moments to internally ask the tree for the gift, then looked up to locate a smaller limb from the previous. Pinpointing the chosen twig, she jumped up and began to tug at the tiny thing, she ripped it from the tree without much difficulty. While it was much much smaller in size, it still had a few of the round red fruits dangling from it. "Wow... I didn't really realize how tiny this was actually going to be.. Is this even okay? I could try for another.." Catori gave the girl a puzzled glance.

[/dohtml]

RE: Fingertips have memories - Capella - Apr 15, 2014

[dohtml]

She answered with a shake of her head as dandelion eyes followed the stranger's pale gaze. Their focus landed on the branch Capella had originally planned for; Noting now that not even a predators jaw could break through such a thick limb. Once again she couldn't help but think how stupid she had been. The heat of embarrassment seared across her skin, as her creamy head fell towards dirty paws.

The bit about tree spirits pulled her away from her thoughts, and the ever-curious girl cocked her head.
Tree spirits?" Of course Capella knew what a spirit was, as well as a tree, but putting them together? Did the girl mean to say a tree's aura? Was it even possible for an object without a heart to have an aura? Unsure now, she took a hesitant step forward, hoping for a story of sorts.

Some strange ritual then took place, wherein the dark fae bowed towards the gnarled tree. The ceremony was brief, followed by a quick movement. Without a second glance it seemed the stranger took hold of a branch, pulling it away without even having to cuittle the limb. Bright eyes fell upon the newly budding branch. It held at least three of the tiny berries; Plenty to bring back for Lachesis, and if they proved to be useful she would bring him back here.
"It's perfect." Honey laced her throat, cascading alongside her voice. She hadn't been this happy in a while.

[/dohtml]

RE: Fingertips have memories - Catori - Apr 15, 2014

[dohtml]

Pleased with herself, she took a few steps toward the wolf and set the small branch down. "I'm glad you like it.." She took a seat.

"Did you really want to know about the tree spirits?" She was upset that this wolf didn't know what they where after all, but at least she was curious. Ashton didn't really ask much about them at all. "I'm starting to think my old pack is the only group of wolves to carry these beliefs.." She sighed. Did that make them any less real? Or maybe her old pack is the last of the educated? "Well where do I start..." She stretched out her legs, pondering over the beginning of her story. "Tree spirits are the souls of the deceased.. But it varies I suppose" explaining this was weird, she's never actually had to do it before. "If you die in the water, you turn into a water spirit. If you die in the winter, you're a snow spirit.. There are other types of spirits, but they are very rare." fire and air spirits where the only other two she could think of. "It's very important to keep the spirits happy. If you upset a spirit, it's said you and everyone else living around you will suffer 7 years bad luck." maybe that's what happened to her? "So stepping gently when you walk is important.. And.. Like earlier, asking them for the things you want to take... There are also ways to communicate with them in sort of! The only method I know of however is scrying.. Using water. If you stare into water for a long time thinking about a question over and over, eventually you will see your answer there! They hear your calls and help guide you! It's actually pretty cool! And if you meditate, it pleases the spirits and good things can happen to you!" That was basically the gist of it. The starry eyed canine was happy with her speech on the divine and waited patiently for the wolf to soak it all in.

[/dohtml]

RE: Fingertips have memories - Capella - Apr 19, 2014

[dohtml]

In turn Capella allowed her haunches to fall back against the Earth as well. Bright eyes watched with intent as the dark fae began her tale. Each words left her lips with such passion, as if she'd been waiting a lifetime for someone to listen. The pale girl enjoyed getting lost in it, allowing he rest of her problems to sift away for only a moment. Then a reminder, a simple phrase that brought her back into the hell that was her life. Catori's piece on the spirits was truly beautiful, touching home for the subordinate. She couldn't help but wonder if that's what happened to Shade after he passed on, but where did the male leave his body? It was a question she had never been able to ask, nor had she ever wanted to know. His death, piled alongside the loss of her family was a subject she hated reliving. Anything to do with it was quickly pushed aside until a later date that she hoped would never come.

Catori's words shifted then, towards stories of fortune, and scrying? The brief explanation was enough to sate her curiosity long enough to ask her first searing question.
"Meditate?" The term was foreign to her, but she enjoyed the way it twisted her tongue. Stars knew she needed a little luck on her side, even if she had no idea what the fae was talking about. All ears, Capella waited, albeit a little impatiently, for the stories to come once more.

[/dohtml]

RE: Fingertips have memories - Catori - Apr 21, 2014

[dohtml]

Catori perked up even more when the wolf asked her a question. Questions meant curiosity, the girl was truly interested in what she had to say after all. "Hmmm, Meditating huh?" it was weird, but she herself wasn't even sure if she knew what the word really meant. She had only saw and mimicked the elders of her previous home. "It's sitting in silence with your eyes closed for a very very long time! The longer the better. You do it to uhm.. Keep the spirits company and become one with nature and stuff.. They like it when you do it!" She was halfway bullshitting herself through the explanation, though she was almost sure she'd heard something along those lines said by someone before. She couldn't of been to far off. "It's really boring and frustrating at first, like when you are doing it the first few times.. Because you have to clean your thoughts and it's really really hard to not think. Harder than it sounds I promise!" she sighed, just thinking about it got her all riled up. The things she did for the spirits. They sure owed her big time.

She made herself more comfortable in hopes that this new wolf would ask her more questions, surprisingly it was a lot of fun to talk about these kinds of things with someone. She enjoyed it far more than she thought she would have, probably because it was new to her. "I'm Catori by the way." she smiled.

[/dohtml]

RE: Fingertips have memories - Capella - Apr 23, 2014

[dohtml]

Sitting in silence for a long time? Hadn't she done that before? Especially after Shade's death, but somehow that didn't feel special. It hadn't increased her luck, in fact it may have even worsened it beyond repair.
"Clean your thoughts?" Whispering, the words were meant more for herself than the stranger before her. Wouldn't it be nice to just be rid of everything? Push the images that haunted her away, down into the depths of her mind, locked in a place where not even she could reach them. It was a beautiful thought, but near impossible to be put into action. Capella hadn't gone a single day without a heavy heart since her return, and she couldn't help but wonder if coming back was the wrong decision. Shade's demise was inevitable, wasn't it? That one couldn't be her fault, or maybe it was. If she would have been there, provided him with aid.

Shutting down, she began to retreat within herself. Her mind was begging; Screaming at her to leave. Capella had to go, there was no doubt anymore. Wildly the fae looked for an exit. How could she remove herself without seeming rude? Her breath was heavy now, thrumming along with her rapid heartbeat. No. Not now, why? The dark female's voice lured her out for only a second, long enough to stage a reply.
"I.. Uhh" Lost for words, the girl tried to remain calm.
"I'm Capella. I'm sorry.. I" She allowed her pale eyes to fall upon the girl, pleading, but for what?

[/dohtml]

RE: Fingertips have memories - Catori - Apr 28, 2014

[dohtml]

"Capella..." She responded softly. The girl sounded a little panicked now, and out of nowhere. Did she do something to upset her? "Hey uh.. Did I...." She paused, no longer sure how to even speak to the wolf. "Did I do something wrong? Like... I'm sorry, did I upset you?" A worried expression fell on her face. "Maybe I talked to much? I'm sorry.. Sometimes I talk to much and I guess I never realized it could effect someone in a negative way.. OR.... Maybe you don't want to hear about these kinds of things?? I guess I just get a little excited, nobody ever wants to understand... Oh what if it is because I talked to much.. And here I am even now still talking... to....much.... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry!" Catori turned away from the girl and took a few steps forward, giving them even more space.. Just in case claustrophobia was the case.

Guilt seized her mind, how selfish she was to keep the girl here with her silly little storied.. But wasn't the girl just asking questions about it a moment ago? 'I just... I don't understand.. Why can't I make a single damn friend. Nothing can ever run smoothly. Fuck.' She tucked her tail in between her legs. "Y-You.... Feel free to leave.. I didn't mean to keep you... I'm glad I was able to get you the cherries... I hope you enjoy them... I...Was going to try to nap anyways I think..."

[/dohtml]