Ruins of Wildwood
home - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore IV (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=99)
+---- Thread: home (/showthread.php?tid=6891)

Pages: 1 2

home - Vaeta - Apr 18, 2014

[dohtml]
i am the wandering gypsy
Vaeta Tainn
i don't really live anywhere
It was as beautiful as she had remembered it in childhood. The trickling of water in the background, the smell of dew, the background of the near mountains hovering over them, the bright coppery rocks... She remembered as a child shuffling around the creek, bringing the most beautiful and bright to her family: her mother, her father, her brothers...all for which she had not seen for some time now. She missed them and was of course, excited to see them. Her winter without them however, had been very eventful. She would never take back her time with Cersei and her daughter. Though she had been raised well rounded in fighting and survival through their travels, Vaeta excelled in the hunt, loved it. Cersei had taught her a bit of healing skills and her pride left her with no doubts she would be quite the asset to whatever pack her family had taken part in.

....But they were not here. A frown touched her features and she lifted her muzzle to the afternoon skies: partly clouded, the sun bright. The gentle breeze in the air flowed into her direction and when she took in a deep breath, she did not smell any of her family that swore to be here. Did her brothers not speak of rekindling their birth pack? Were her parents not home sick? Her head falling, she huffs out a sigh. This made things complicated. Very complicated, where she had the whole land of Relic Lore to search. ...So. Where to start?
[/dohtml]

RE: home - Kite - Apr 23, 2014

[dohtml]

Soon she might be a part of the Woodlands. More importantly, a true part of Mirren's day to day life. Kite was eager, and found that after the storm had ended, she did not yearn for freedom any more. Truth be told, it was not something she had ever longed for... but she could appreciate her temporary bout of it, as it had led her to him. If it weren't for him, Kite would never found purpose and would have been simply content to go through the motions. Now Kite was a woman inspired. She wanted to work for a role, to be a pivotal part of the pack as opposed to a wolf who loitered which she wondered if she had done at home. Perhaps this was why her mother had ousted her...

Or perhaps her mother knew what she was capable of. Kite, still, did not realize what was in her. Her capabilities and potential was untapped entirely; she had never had a need to go above and beyond, because her family was quite content to live life slowly, one day at a time. They were close-knit and competition was infrequent except for when the pups came of age. For they were close-knit, and every L'Crowe had their place.

The yearlings long strides led her to a place she had been once before, and that she looked on again with wonder. Her tail waved as her muzzle lifted and she inhaled the air, searching for food. Kite was simply scouting; her hunt with Koda and Mirren had provided enough sustenance for her, but she was tracking movement.

[/dohtml]

RE: home - Vaeta - Apr 23, 2014

[dohtml]
i am the wandering gypsy
Vaeta Tainn
Passionate, Stubborn, and a Wanderer's Heart... It was the qualities that made up a Tainn wolf and Vaeta seemed to be everything the wolf her bloodline had destined her to be. She could be strong, she could be powerful and had everything of the training and body structure to be such a thing. Her father had been a pack Leader. Her uncle, a pack Leader and now her aunt and cousin each had a placement within Leadership within Relic Lore. It was seeming that she was destined to be tied down, to find her place within the lands as Kite finally had. In reality, she lacked the care for which the other girl did. She did not want to make a difference, did not want to stand out mighty in a crowd nor take a role and be happy to live in one place and one place only. The gypsy was as much the nickname she had gained growing up and although her heart yet still yearned for travel, she had since slated it for the time being in search for a higher purpose - family. From Copper Rock Creek, to the Vale, to her location at the sea over the winter, Vaeta at not even two years old had her share of venturing the world. It was the Lore she had yet to fully cherish and know. Now, as she sought out her family, the opportunity was set. She had but to move.

...And when she did, she was faced off with Kite. The woman's scent was in the air and as she stood to listen, she could hear the woman getting closer and closer. Vaeta Tainn was still, an emotion struggling and swirling in her gut. She was a very happy woman, loving to meet new wolves and interact. Though this was her home and someone was intruding on it. It took her a moment to realize her protective nature of the land could no longer be warranted. This was free land now. "Hello?" She then decided to call out to the other wolf, curious, though cautious enough to keep her placement whilst she did not know where the other was.
[/dohtml]

RE: home - Kite - Apr 24, 2014

[dohtml]

Kite did not move much deeper into the place than she already had (yet). Kite wanted to know the land as Mirren did, but that would take time. Kite knew that one day, this place would be his again... and she would be there with him, at his side. The L'Crowe had thought the territory lovely with him here, but truth be told Kite had been appreciating Mirren more as opposed to the land itself. Now, though... now, she could see everything. Kite breathed in the crisp air, eyes brushing across the snow-laden land and trying again to picture the place when the world would thaw and the white would melt away, leaving greenery in its wake.

She was soon distracted, however. The voice of another caused Kite's erect ears to twitch, and she turned her head in that direction. Her tail waved at the prospect of company; her body turns in the others direction, but the brush hides Vaeta from her own view. Kite responds, Hey, while loosely moving around the trees and foliage blocking the other from her view. The yearling offers the other a warm smile, her tail waving left and right, having no qualms in displaying her own true, friendly nature. Still, she pauses at a distance, not wanting to breach the others personal space. Been hanging out here long? She asks innocently, tilting her head. Kite hardly wanted to be obnoxious, but the other had greeted her... Kite assumed the other might want to talk, and it was here she tested the waters.

[/dohtml]

RE: home - Vaeta - Apr 26, 2014

[dohtml]
i am the wandering gypsy
Vaeta Tainn
Her response was as even as Vaeta's own had been, calling out to her as she shuffled a little bit closer into her direction. She would hear the crunching of the dried and dead earth from the winter crunching under her footing and Vaeta's ears would lift higher and turn into the other woman's direction. She eased closer herself, moving through the familiar area at the spring which marked her birth home. Still, it was a place she would forever and always consider home despite the fact that it was obvious that none of her family lived here any longer. Perhaps her brothers had decided to wait for her arrival, or their parents? Perhaps they were still seeking followers and the winter had caused them to pause the recreation of a pack within these lands. She coud only hope for the best, as she would never stop to think they had given up on their goal. If it came down to it, hell, Vaeta would make this home once more.

Now that she was in full view of the other woman, a smaller, tawny young lass, she smiles to her and dips her muzzle in polite greeting. A muzzle which then reaches out for a sniff into her direction, a light wave of her tail level at her back side offered. "Actually, I've only just arrived." She smiles, her honey hued eyes turning to the flowing waters for a moment and the lush foliage around them, still coming back to full life after the winter's passing. "Beautiful place, isn't it?" She could not hold back her likeliness to the land, prideful of it down to the core.
[/dohtml]

RE: home - Kite - Apr 26, 2014

[dohtml]

When the other was in full view, Kites eyes perused over her figure in a manner only meant to assess as opposed to cut down. She did not search for weakness, but strengths... and there were plenty to be found. The other before her was lovely, her stature larger than that of her own, and also beautiful. The others friendliness warmed Kite up despite the nippy air, and Kite was relieved that she hadn't intruded on the others independent moment, not at all intending to rile anyone up. Kite, too, dipped her head in polite greeting, her tail swaying and brushing against her hocks. The strangers observation caused Kite to remove her gaze from her and onto the surrounding land... even as it was now, Kite agreed. The place was beautiful.

Probably the most beautiful place I've ever seen, she admits with a quiet laugh, her eyes upon a rock covered in old-tree root and snow. Her muzzle swings back to face Vaeta, smiling warmly. I don't come from these types lands. I'm just used to tall grass, Kite pauses, looks around once more, and continues, But I've come to the decision that I could get used to this. Everything about this place. The wolves in it, being with Mirren, the places... there was not one thing Kite was not eager to get used to, and her contentedness with it all seemed quite apparent. Kite was utterly transparent. So whereabouts are you from? Kite queries, ears swiveling atop her head as again she looks to the lovely new arrival, and then, blinking slowly, Kite guffaws at her faux pas, Ah, if you don't mind me asking! Her foreleg stretches forward slightly as her paw brushes nervously against the earth, swiping some snow away to reveal some greenery beneath it.

[/dohtml]

RE: home - Vaeta - Apr 29, 2014

So what Vaeta finds out in this thread may contradict what she says in the other thread with Minka, but oh well. XD

[dohtml]
i am the wandering gypsy
Vaeta Tainn
There was a warmth in her honey hued eyes as she watched the other woman's attention turn about the land around them. Hidden beyond the Ghastly forest, close to the mountain's edges which they could see at their back door, is where the Secluded Spring was. It was where home was, a piece of the spring's waters flowing off down into a creek where the Copper Rock wolves had made their territory. The water flowing in the distance was a soothing sound, one she could remember falling asleep to in youth. Although the pack den had been flooded, perhaps broken up ans caved in by now due to lack of care, Vaeta had every intention of visiting it before she left here in order to find her family. Perhaps they would rebuild the same pack den, or create a more new, safer den to call their own that was less likely to get flooded by the surrounding waters. Ether way, the Tainn girl would be there and had every intention to protect her family, current of future, when it came down to it.

A laughter passes Vaeta's lips as the other woman's words touch the air, their laughter mingling for a moment before Kite continues. She was from a land of fields, one that Vaeta could put to mind. Beyond the cove that she had spent her time on, the sands turned into fall, flowing grasses of rolling hills and openness. Though Vaeta did quite enjoy spending her winter on the beach where it was warmer, she had to admit she longed the comfort of the forestry which made up much of the Lore. "Of course not!" Vaeta insists to Kite's question, a wave of her thick tail behind her. Her eyes dance to Kite's hazel hue and then down to the toying of her paw at the snow before back up again. "I'm from here, actually." And she did not mean just Relic Lore. "Right here, actually... My family founded the pack that once lived here called 'Copper Rock Creek'. I've recently returned to find them." And certainly, this had come off to a great start!
[/dohtml]

RE: home - Kite - Apr 30, 2014

[dohtml]

Kite was happy to know the other was not bothered by her curiosity. Perhaps, today, she would make another friend. The youth was optimistic; her life here had already gotten off to a grand start. Could it get better? Was it possible? Kite remembered her life of mere simplicity that lacked any true attachment. But here she was, experiencing the thrill of meeting someone new... who did not mind speaking with her. As Vaeta informs her that she is from here, Kite does believe she means the Lore until she clarifies... and when she hears that, she is initially expressionless. In a minute, it dawns on her... and Kite thinks for a minute on everything Mirren had ever told her. Kite cocks her head to the side, a serious expression taking over; she does not find it amusing, the circumstance, only exciting. I can help! Does the name Mirren ring a bell? She queries, her own tail waving behind her loosely. Who could this be? Kite had not heard of other families residing at the Creek except for those that had moved to the Woodland... well, this was not his mother. The wolf was as old as she and Mirren were... so, instantly, she assumed Vaeta.

Not wanting to unsettle the other, Kite is swift to introduce herself. I'm Kite! Mirren had told me his family founded this place, she explains, and so that she did not leave out any details and she could help Vaeta on her quest, she continues, He runs with the Woodland wolves, at the moment. Kite smiles warmly, her insides in a brilliant whirl as she looks over Vaeta again. She could see some resemblance, she supposed (though her imagination was wild)... although Vaeta was lovely and far more feminine in appearance.

[/dohtml]

RE: home - Vaeta - May 01, 2014

[dohtml]
i am the wandering gypsy
Vaeta Tainn
It was like fate, really, that Vaeta had returned to the Lore this very day. That at that very time Kite decided to once more explore the lands that one day she might be able to stand upon as it's Leader amongst a new, revived Copper Rock Creek. The woman before her pauses, a serious expression catching her. Vaeta takes a moment to wonder if anything was wrong, her long limbs tensing just the slightest, ready to be as swift as she was ever, should the name 'Tainn' bring about something ill in Kite. But the cocking of her head and the wave of her tail said otherwise and soon, the name 'Mirren' passed from her lips. Mirren! She knew him! "My brother!" She lets out in excitement, her tail waving behind her rapidly, her limbs lifting up and down in their placement for a eagerness to bound, to run into her brother's arms and tussle him up in a manner she had as a child. Glee touched her further as Kite continued, confirming that she did, indeed, know her brother. Not only did she know her brother, she knew where he was at, as well! Though there was no mentioning of her parents, nor her other brother, she was still very happy to have at least known where one of them was now. Unable to contain herself, she bounds forth to the smaller woman, a playful nip aiming to snag at her shoulder. She bounces around the springs on long, willowy limbs with an obvious eagerness. "Woodlands? Oh, could you take me there! Can we go now?" Although she loved her home, of course, it was not much more then a beautiful landscape without her family here with her.
[/dohtml]

RE: home - Kite - May 15, 2014

One more post from you and we can archive this bad boy?! :D Ill be jumping into your other one shortly~
[dohtml]

Family was quite important to Kite. When Vaeta noted who she had spoken of, Kite observed her entire disposition change. It was not so strange to see her react this way... imagining her own brother being around even after only being separated for so short a time truly would have thrilled her beyond words. It pleased her greatly that Vaeta had such a good bond with her brother—which she had garnered from her enthusiastic reaction alone—and it told her even more of Mirren than she already knew. Given that they were practically inseparable, she knew plenty. Strange to think she would learn more without him by her immediate side... it hardly happened. But Kite knew there was plenty more to learn than she already knew of him, and she was quite ready to do so. Really, she had dove into him eyes closed... and even as they opened, well, they quite liked what they saw.

The girls request was met with her tail waving left and right, and her nodding. Words were honestly stuck in her throat; she was excited for the other, and excited with her own discovery although really, she had found nothing here. They had found each other! Kite was prepared to lead the way, spinning on her heel and taking a few steps forward before glancing back in Vaeta's direction. Kite was thrilled... and she knew that Mirren would be, too. He spoke so fondly of them when he had told her stories. Kite knew there was no lack of love for them... and for now, she could not even think of the ways they might handle her. Too thrilled was she that she could reunite brother and sister. Only when she was sure Vaeta would follow would Kite make to depart.

[/dohtml]