Ruins of Wildwood
Bramble Falls Watch me go - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore I (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: Bramble Falls Watch me go (/showthread.php?tid=697)

Pages: 1 2

Watch me go - Triell - Feb 03, 2011

Triell knew better then to wander to far from home, but being a child his curiousity took his feet a little further from Swift River. He hated to worry his brothers. Especially with the absent of some of his siblings, like Kinis. No doubt how long they'd been apart. Was it fair to keep him from discovering the world? He could not learn everything by hearing about it, and the young Tainn wanted to experience it. Wanted to smell the undergrowth, the tiny mice, the many different scents of the wilderness he was learning fast. Hear the squirrels argue, and the owl call it's nightly tune. See the world beyond home. He was not up to anything wrong, he knew to mind his manners, be leery of strangers. He knew how to run, hide, and call for help. Large paws stepped with direction, following the sound of pooling water.

One look could tell a stranger he was not fully grown. Triell was half way there, but his frame had only began to fill out. In time he was certan to be as large as his brothers, for now he looked like a skinny teen with long limbs, and big feet. The look upon the young male's face was youthful, yet condfident. His eyes the color of yellow, and orange, definately always testing the unsteady. The large water fall came into view, falling fast into the pool beneath. Water, was such a blessing to him now, he marveled at how much there was now. Quick look about he saw no one and went to the pool to drink.

Watch me go - Ozera - Feb 03, 2011

ooc→ Uhhm, let's just say this takes place AFTER Ozera is accepted...? Can I do that?I don't know, it would just make more sense if she wasn't a loner, I think.
Her claws scraped unmercifully on the jumble of rocks, as Ozera's paws fought to find some sort of purchase. It was difficult, because as she descended farther down the ridge, she noticed little creeks and streams soaking the rocks, making them slick and treacherous. And it only got worse. The farther down she went, the more water there seemed to be. Don't think I'll want to come back here. Maybe it would be better in the spring, but right now, the tongues of water were like fingers of ice. The snow everywhere wasn't helping things either. At least she hadn't fallen yet.

Wait.

KERSPLUNK!

"That's better," she grumbled, her voice and soggy fur coat dripping with sarcasm. Expectations: haul drenched pelt up onto a higher ledge of rock, shake until try. In reality, her attempt went something like this: scrabble, scramble, splash, scrabble, splash, shriek, more splashing. And cue hopeless whining. "Well. This is quite the predicament." But she was determined to look on the bright side, which was something like, "At least I'm not hurt. Or dead. Or really cold and wet." Well, to be truthful, that last bit was a lie.

Knowing that she had to get out of the water fast before the last bit of energy and warmth was sapped from her body water that was so like leeches, she whirled about, whipping her head from side to side. For the first time she realized where she was. Here, the stream she had fallen into widened into a little pool of water that was also being fed by a roaring waterfall. On the other side, the ground flattened, so it would be easier to get out over there. As it stood now, she was surrounded by outcroppings and steep rocky banks that she could by no means scale. She then noticed that there was a wolf standing on that side, too. All this water had dampened her sense of smell. His dark fur allowed him to blend in with the shadows casts by the rocks as he drank. Ozera noted that he was probably very young, since he looks like he was wearing a set of ears and paws he had borrowed from his father.

Watch me go - Triell - Feb 04, 2011

ooc; i don't see why not, but you probably want to ask frankie or tara for sure. i'll go with her being a pack wolf though. and i hope i understood your post correct. ;)

The pup took in a great drink of the water. Falling rock, and claw against stoned caused him to withdraw a few inches from the pool, eyes shooting up to the noise. Immediately gaze stretched along the white, and black of the water. Smears of a different color, moving caught his attention. What was a wolf doing up there? Especially when it lookd like she was having a hard time with the ice and water. Uncertain he stood watching, tempted to realease a bark to stop her. It was much to late like a slinkly plopping down stairs she fell into the pool.

The young Tainn did not know the wolf, but he was highly concerned. She didn't go under to far, her head rising back to the surface. He stood close to the edge hesitating to act as she panicked, crying for help, then struggling more, yet to notice the young brute. Thoughts raced through his mind what would Indru do? Surely he would not leave the wolf to drown. She was rather helpless, and would be freezing when she got out, if she did. He pictured a dead carcass in the pool. No, he would not let that happen.

Her eyes finally wandered to him, and he knew his face was shaken. "Miss, please don't panic. Just calm down a second all right." The young brute mature for his age, collected his composure, his tones soothing. Without a thought of himself he jumped into the cold depths making his way slowly to her. "If you freak out, you'll drown me to, all right? So you okay?" The wil to survive was strong in all creatures, and if she really wouldn't calm down there was no way he was going near her. Some how he hoped his words helped. Dog paddling easy as pie, he swam in palce only a foot from her. "The water is more shallow over there, and see that stone, it deeps down. I'll help you climb up it. Okay?"

Watch me go - Ozera - Feb 04, 2011

ooc - Yeah, okay, I'll definitely do that. And you understood fine :3

Surprisingly, that little wolf jumped into the water after her, propelling himself through the water with his dark paws. He seemed so strong, so young, and Ozera was struck with the thought of how brave he was. This pool was deep and fantastically cold, and it would be much easier for some little thing like him to succumb to hypothermia. Before sliding in to the liquid ice, he had called out to her, but thinking back on it, she had no idea what he had said. It didn't really matter though, either way she was not so deeply unsettled as she could be. Although she was getting up there, white hairs teasing her jowls, she was still a passable swimmer. Was he speaking again? This time, he was closer, his dark figure as the dark mirror of the pool was shattered with ripples so that it was no longer the window to an alternate sky. She thought she had heard him tell her not to freak out, because then he would end up drowning too. "What?" she mumbled, half to herself, "he can't be palanning on carrying me back to shore, is he?"

But he had definitely asked if she was okay, to which she replied in a much louder tone, "Oh I'm fine. It's refreshing. Sort of." eagerly, she beamed at him with a set of worn teeth to indicate that she was mostly unaffected. He was nearly to her now, telling her that what to do. What a commanding young fellow, she thought with a smirk toying in her face, What a head on his shoulders. Beginning to churn towards him, Ozera replied gaily, "What ever you say, youngster." With that, she paddled through the water until she felt the bottom of the pool graze her blunt claws. Climbing up this rock was a bit beyond her though, and she knew she would need the help of the little fellow.

Inwardly she was a bit upset with herself, but was unwilling to admit to herself that this had anything to do with the fact that she was sliding out of her prime. Nothing to do with her age. Nothing at all.

The fall of water into the pool was enough sound Triell could tell she was speaking, but not of what. She was confused maybe, what he had been asking her to do? Louder this time, as he drew near she said she was fine. Trying to be polite, he kept from rolling his eyes, and only furrowed his brows against yellow eyes.Her grin did not reassure him, the water was nothing warm, nor refreshing as she said. It had yet to numb him, but it would at some point. He knew not how old she was, guessing only it was more then Indru. This didn't matter to him, she didn't look old to the point of cripple, or insanity. She still looked capable in his eyes.

Smiling, at her positive nature. Any other wolf would have been cussing, and angry. Or freaking out. The young Tainn figured she would not, dunk him. Listening to exactly what he had said, heading for the stone. He was quick to follow, making sure she didn't stop moving one bit. The stone, as he'd guessed she needed a boost. He, her heigth almost, stood beside her in the water. "All right you just reach up there, and I'll nudge you up." He said, assuringly, doubting she wanted him to jump at and pull her scruff. Though it was plan B.

ooc → Aww, I love Triell. He'll be such a hunk when he's older. Hope you don't mind the pseudo-powerplay going on with the pushing. I mean, I figure that's sort of the only way to do it? Idunno.
Perhaps he didn't believe her, because this brows knitted together with a hint of incredulity. It didn't matter, though, because pretty soon he would see that she really was calm and was alright. In fact, she was sort of enjoying herself. Sure, the water was frigid and a little colder than she'd really ever want it to be, but it was exhilarating, and she's met this dashing young pup. It was certainly more entertaining than wandering about a stuffy white copse of trees that were like rough gray statues. Definitely.

She sighed deeply, steeling herself. A heave, the scratching noise of blunt claws rasping on the porous rock. The slope was really quite steep, making her teeter uncertainly. But then Ozera felt the ebony head of the pup up against her hind quarters, willing her forward. It almost surprised her, how strong the youngster was. He had obviously been taken care of quite well. Together, the two scaled the rock until they came to it's crest, where it leveled out. Ozera immediately slumped to the ground, although her tail thumped on the ground enthusiastically.

"My hero!" she giggled with a strange effervescent, "But what ever shall I call you by?"

ooc; nope that's perfectly fine. :) ya, he's going to be a heartbreaker lol.

She easily managed to get up, with his help. Breathing a sigh of relief, he climbed up, giving a two thorough shakes of his pelt. She was already wet, and he hoped she didn't find him rude by the spray of water droplets. Slightly panting, pink toungue smooth over jowls. She declared him her hero, and the left side of his face wrinkled bashfully with a grin. "I'm no hero, any decent wolf would have helped you." He stated, shrugging his prominant shoulders. Thining his brothers would have done the same thing. Sitting on his rump, he licked at the long, black threads of his coat. "Call me?" He mumbled, not sure what she meant for a second. "Oh, I'm Triell Tainn" His tail beat slightly against the earth, an opened mouth smile.

His past had been no wonderful thing, but it didn't keep the young pup from being happy. There was no future if looked at the world with the past fogged in his sights. Orange, yellow eyes looked for any injury to her. She only seemed drenched. "Um, miss you might want to shake off or you'll probably freeze to the ground." He stated, trying to be polite. He'd liked to think his mother would be proud of the fact. "So, who are you and what were you doing?"

Eyes, bright and invigorated with amusement observed the little black wolf as he the water flew from his wildly shaking figure. A few droplets stun her fur with their ice-bite, but she didn't mind too much. "No I assure you, Sir Triell, you are a true prince charming." More laughter, rich with feral jubilation. Plenty of wolves from her past would have merely laughed from the shoreline, although she didn't hold it against them in the slightest. Besides, "Had our places been switched, I don't know if I'd have done the same." At least she was being honest. Now, she stood up to rid her fur of most of the water as Triell had reminded her. Just in case, she took a few steps back. Glistening spray jumped from the fur to the air.

"Now, Sir Triell, since you saved my life, I am in your debt." She didn't state it as if this worried her, as if being in debt made her weak or some nonsense. No, she was merely stating the fact as she had learned earlier on in her life when she was very young. "I will grant you three wishes. Anything within reason, at least." Maybe that was a weird thing to say, but Ozera came from a different place with different traditions.

Watch me go - Triell - Feb 05, 2011

Prince charming, the Swift River pup did not think so. Nor was quite sure on the full meaning. He did not see the significance in his act. Maybe if she'd been actually drownding, or something. But merely in the water, and not being able to fully get out by herself, him a hero? Well, it wouldn't go to his head. He was happy she was all right, despite how she was a complete stranger, and he really should be heading home. Home. Indru. Ruiko. Turmoil churned his gut. Should he tell them? He would certainly have a long walk to decide.

Face grew somber, as she said she doubted she would have returned the favor. Then again, he couldn't see her helping him, because he wouldn't have been in the pool, and two ya he couldn't see her being able to rescue another. He shrugged. "Well, it doesn't matter." He said, trying to brush it on by. In his debt? That was a new one. Brows raised with bewilderment. And three wishes? No wonder he shouldn't go wondering alone. He questioned her sanity, but she seemed harmless and serious. "Wishes?" He stated in disbelief. "Anything I would want, I don't think you could do for me." He stated, a sad echoe in his voice. His brother Kinis home. To know his mother and father. No fire. "But, maybe if I needed a favor or something. You could do that couldn't you?" He said, now curiosity marked on his face.

Watch me go - Ozera - Feb 05, 2011

ooc - shameless flirting with an 8 month old. I think Ozzie might be messed up xD
Triell seemed too serious to be so young. "We ought to trade ages, Triell. The frown would look better on me than you. Oh, gee, I forgot. I'm Ozera." Laughing lightly, she tried to defuse the gravity of the situation. It was hard for her to endure too much of this heavy, serious atmosphere for too long. Is it just me, or is everyone in this placed depressed? This just isn't fair. Hardship was a virus, an epidemic here, to which she had no cure. That thought tugged her ankles, weighing her down. Now she really felt as if she were drowning. Her head thrashed a bit as she sought to breath, to escape to the surface, out of the depths of this reverie. Was catastrophe hunting her too?

"Well, yes, that's what I meant. Unfortunately, I'm not magical, but wishes sounds better to me than favors. But yes, I'll do anything you'll ask me to do. I promise." And her word was always good. They were monolithic, immortal creatures. Ozera could not recall a time she had broken a promise.