Ruins of Wildwood
Blackberry Fields Dark Lights Big City - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore IV (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=99)
+---- Thread: Blackberry Fields Dark Lights Big City (/showthread.php?tid=7002)

Dark Lights Big City - Minka - May 03, 2014

@Tokino birthing thread!

@Inali @Ryka @Lugh @Erebos feel free to post but only Tokino will be able to see the pups in this thread.

[dohtml]

The pains had started so early in the morning that the sun had not begun to rise over the horizon. First just cramps like she had been experiencing sparsely over the past couple of weeks, though they were enough to awaken the expectant mother. Shifting her body weight Minka did her best to remain quiet so as not to disturb Tokino who she knew rested outside of the entrance. The rest of the future pack rested throughout the territory or shared the communal den but the former alpha had been spending her nights in the designated birthing den and resting easy with her mate standing guard. The pain intensified and the tawny woman reluctantly gave up any hope for sleep as she cringed.

Within an hour the Lagina woman was pacing in front of the den while her mate watched anxiously. Every so often she would stop as another wave of pain crashed over her, she would cringe and occasionally whimper before beginning her movements again. Whenever she tried to settle somewhere she became restless and would begin moving again, this continued for a couple of hours before she disappeared within the den and wouldn't like Tokino in. Whenever a muzzle strayed too close to the entrance a warning growl was instantly at Minka's lips, now was not the time for visiting.

It had been late afternoon or early evening when the first pup had made its grand appearance and already the woman had been exhausted. Hot all over and panting she turned to her little one, though what she saw brought out a cry of grief. The first one of her children hadn't survived long enough to even take a breath of air, beyond tiny the pup barely had any fur and it was clear before she even cleaned the sack off that it was dead. Still Minka dutifully licked away the mucus coating, cleaning the sparse sandy colour fur as she nuzzled the tiny thing, distracted from the pain. Quietly she gave the female one more lick and whined, "My poor little Whisper, you never even made it into the world." Pulling her close to her belly as if she would suckle Minka once more felt pain grip her belly.

The next pup was delivered and the third quickly after that, and once more the former leader set to work clearing out her children's nostrils and ears, smoothing out their pelts. A grey male and a larger black female had survived the pregnancy and gasped for air and called out in tiny squeaks as they instinctively squirmed towards their mother's teats where they would suckle. Exhausted as soon as her newborns finished their meal the new mother fell into a slumber, her tail wrapped around her children to keep them warm and safe, both the living and the deceased. As the sun painted the trees in a deep red as it set Minka awoke, sore and still weary but with a joyous heart, they had made it. Lifting her muzzle she finally chuffed for her mate, signalling that he would be now allowed into the den.

Like a mystery without a clue
Minka & Tokino
There is no me if I cannot have you

[/dohtml]

RE: Dark Lights Big City - Tokino - May 05, 2014

[dohtml]

When the silver male had realized that Minka was actin differently he abandoned his regular patrolling duties around the tiny still unmarked scrap of land they had set up camp in, instead making his way to Minka and simply being there with her. Not much was said between the two for in all his years of life Tokino was unsure how to speak to Minka in this situation. He watched her disappear into the birthing den and then the man kept watch and made sure the others didn't come around to pester the she wolf.

Tokino was just as restless as his mate Minka. The gray man had stood, paced, sat, and lay his nervous body outside of the birthing den simply waiting for something to happen. Kino didn't want to think that Minka was in pain because of him, but that thought definitely made laps across his mind. Once he tried to sniff at the entrance to check on Minka and got a warning growl in return. From then on the gray man growled at any advance towards the den made by his comrades. Tokino was as irritable as ever while he wait for the children to be brought into the world. His fur was almost permanently raised making him look like a giant fluff ball even though he was trying to be intimidating.

Early evening came and went, and Kino had thought he heard something from within the den, but he dare not enter until his name was called. The scent of birth floated past his nostrils making his muzzle wrinkle in distaste. That scent would bring predators like coyotes close, and he would make sure to be there between them and his family.

The night went by, and although Minka had fallen asleep after birthing Tokino had stayed awake all night long. When morning came he sat stiffly in the same position as he had taken the night before. The man's icy gaze was tired as his eye lids drooped heavily.

That was until he heard Minka's chuff.Whipping around excitedly Kino stumbled in fatigue over his own paws at the entrance of the den. Righting himself and peering into the dark Kino gazed tiredly into the short dugout tunnel at his little family.

Aqua colored eyes fell upon the three bodies at Minka's belly. One body was dreadfully tiny and made his heart stop as Kino observed its stillness. Oh Minka I'm so sorry... It must have been from the stress of our move... Or perhaps the winter was too rough. He closed his eyes blinking away the heaviness and tears that would surely appear if he looked upon his daughters lifeless body any longer. Switching his gaze at the loud cry of the largest pup Kino looked over the dark one. He wasn't horribly surprised at the dark fur, his mother had the same dark fur as well.

Sniffing the small child quickly Tokino gave her a little lick up her small spine then nuzzled the pup lovingly. She looks as dark as my mother, maybe even darker. What will you name her? He asked keeping his muzzle close to the largest black pup while his tearing blue eyes looked up to Minka.

Minka & Tokino

[/dohtml]
[/quote]

RE: Dark Lights Big City - Minka - May 06, 2014

[dohtml]

Even after resting for the night Minka had woken up exhausted from the birth, and though she wished to do nothing more than fade back into sleep she knew she couldn't. Tokino had waited long enough to meet his children, the children she had felt moving in her belly for months and he shouldn't be forced to wait any longer. It was less than a moment after her call that her mate appeared within the den and a warm smile graced the tawny face. It was clear how tired the grey male was though as she shifted her plume of a tail the expression upon his face was the most handsome Minka had ever seen Tokino look.

That was until his blue eyes settled on the still pup and instantly Minka dropped her gaze away as the shame of failure pooled in her eyes. For a long moment she couldn't bring herself to look at Tokino, then she murmured, "When the time if right we will bury her, but for now we must focus on our children who are here with us." It was a terrible thing, for a mother to give birth to a child who would never see the light of day, but the laws of nature would push the woman to keep going, not to look back.

It was the squeaking of her daughter that pulled Minka back to this moment and her golden eyes sought out the dark coloured pup. She watched as Tokino gave the girl a tender lick and all of her shame and guilt was replaced with joy. Her golden eyes met the gaze of his blue and was surprised to see the tears present in his eyes, never had she expected to see her mate so emotional. Smiling once more she shifted so she could lick Tokino's muzzle, "She reminds me of my mother as well, I was thinking of calling her Noble, it was my mother's maiden name and I would like to honour her." Looking down to her children she realized how well the name fit, her pelt's colours mirrored her mother's almost exactly, as did her size.

It was her son's name that she was having more trouble in coming up with, he reminded her so strongly of his father. Leaning down she nuzzled the grey pup closer to her stomach so he could feed, "He looks so much like you, but it's hard to imagine you ever being so small," for a long time Minka watched as the boy suckled. Then she turned back to Tokino, settling her head upon her paws as she gazed upon the father of her children, "Perhaps you have a name in mind for your son?" The words were quiet in their small den, but full of warmth, this was the man that had given her everything she had ever wanted.

Minka & Tokino

[/dohtml]

RE: Dark Lights Big City - Tokino - May 18, 2014

[dohtml]

The look on Minka's face held his body captive for a moment as she spoke about burying the dead pup. He felt such sorrow for her, but he knew that Minka was right. Look after the living... He thought quietly while touching her cheek with his nose.

Noble Lagina... A wonderful beautiful name. He answered Minka while pulling back for a second to shake his head and dislodge the tears falling from his face. He couldn't hide his adoration of pups from Minka. At any other time with any other situation he would be stern, calm, and sometimes even steely. However where pups were concerned, Tokino would always have a melted heart full of love for the innocent little creatures. That softness now lay bare and open to the one female he now trusted above all others.

Moving his gray head forward once more Kino watched Minka's thoughtful expression. She stared down at the little silver boy pup until finally speaking. Tokino's heart warmed. He wondered if his father had once looked down on him like this. Yes I was once just as small... In fact I had been the runt of my litter whereas all of my sisters had been large and fat from birth. Funny really... He mentioned his siblings remembering how they had always been larger and taller than him until the time when Kino had turned two. It was at that age which Tokino had sprang up in growth and passed his sisters heights.

So many memories began to flood him. Of his old family. A family the male greatly missed. Old times where everyone had been together and happy. Marianna, Darkwind, Yalua, Keema and I had given our father and mother a heart attack more than once in our adventures through life... The gray king wondered if these two little pups would give Minka and himself any problems in the future.

A name.. A name for my young son. Kino paused debating on giving him his fathers name. Yakova Lagina had been my fathers name... The silver male bent down to view his son more closely. The boy reminded Tokino more of his own father than he did, for the child bore a very long snout compared to his own. The strong long muzzle of a leader... He thought quietly while still thinking of a name.

How about Kova Lagina, short for my fathers name but still a unique one? Tokino smiled down at his son admiring the long muzzle that greedily drank from his mothers belly.

Minka & Tokino

[/dohtml]

RE: Dark Lights Big City - Minka - May 19, 2014

[dohtml]

It was astonishing to the woman that so much love could be held in such a small area, but it was. Never before had she seen the usually grizzly man so soft, so vulnerable and she wished for a moment that they could freeze time and stay here forever. The thought was quickly dislodged as she remembered if they never aged her children would never grow, they would never get to experience the joys the world could bring. Yes it could bring many heartbreaks and hardships, but any pups of her and Tokino's would surely hold their own, yes they would be as strong as their legacy promised they should be. Turning her gaze back to her daughter as her mate shook his tears from her eyes she responded, "Suiting for the beautiful and wonderful daughter that we have." Smoothing the dark fur with her chin she used her words as a whisper to caress the sweet young thing, "Welcome to the world my little Noble Lagina." Now tears pooled once more in the new mother's eyes, but no longer were these tears of sorrow or loss or shame, these were tears of pure joy and love, of pride and innocence, of everything she hoped to give her children.

Minka turned to Tokino surprised at his next words, a chuckle in her throat as she did so. Shaking her head softly she explained, "I was also the runt, though I never ended up sprouting into the size that my siblings all boast." It was bittersweet, remembering her family that she had left behind for this very reason. Her brother had been the heir to her birth pack and if she had stayed there she would have never had the chance to flourish and start a family of her own.

This was not the time to be thinking about what she had sacrificed to be here, now was the time to be in this moment, with Tokino her mate, and their newborns, one who still needed a name. Rolling the name over a few times on her tongue the tawny she wolf caressed her son with his new title, "And of course welcome to you as well Kova, our little prince." Looking back to the older man Minka was astonished by just how much her son truly did already look like his father, how he would always carry on the Lagina blood lines. Nuzzling his chin she murmured softly, "How fitting that we should honour the legacy that brought us here with names in the legacy of our own."

Minka & Tokino

[/dohtml]

RE: Dark Lights Big City - Tokino - May 30, 2014

[dohtml]
what you don't know, won't hurt you

Tokino Lagina

care for the young and innocent
The song and voice of Kino!- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ft_uYkZZ24

Tokino practically purred as Minka spoke. All his love echoing out in a subtle growl that came from the depths of his heart. Yes, perfectly fitting for perfect little angels. He watched the little ones squirm in their nests. One, the little girl, began squeaking almost as if she were annoyed. Occasionally the male Kova would also utter a noise as if his sisters complaints were annoying him.

Looking to Minka with amusement on his black rimmed lips, Tokino lowered his head and whispered softly to the pups. You have eaten, and now it is time for you to rest once more.. Let your momma rest a little while too. He picked up his head and nudged the pups gently to align them next to Minka's warm belly fur. Then he touched his nose to Minkas face. I wanna see if this will work. He spoke warmly hoping Minka wouldn't tell him to stop.

Close your eyes, it's okay.
It's just the end of a long, long day.
Go to sleep, everything's alright, and I'll sing a lullaby.

It's time for you to get some rest, but you know who I love you best.
So come on darlings, breathe a sigh, and I'll sing you a lullaby.

Good night... good night.
Let the moon pour down his light.
Good night... good night.
'Till the mornin comes.

Close your eyes, and drift away.
It's just the end of a long, long day.
But anytime, the worlds not right.
You can sing this lullaby...

Any time the worlds not right...
You can sing... this lullaby.....

Tokino stood finishing the song before noticing that both pups had fallen silent. Though he wasn't sure if they were really sleeping. At least they had both calmed down enough to give Minka some rest.

[/dohtml]

RE: Dark Lights Big City - Minka - Jun 02, 2014

[dohtml]

Noble seemed to be agitated about something or another, her squeaks filling the small den as she squirmed about, and thus disturbing her brother who had been content but a moment ago. Golden eyes lifted from the pair to meet her mate's his amusement mirrored on the new mother's face, their days of peace and quiet were quickly coming to an end. Before Minka could move to comfort her children she felt Tokino's nose against her muzzle and heard his whispered words. The tawny head nodded as she watched the man curiously, these quiet moments here and now, were they telling tales of the future and what kind of father the Lagina man would be? Minka had always imagined him to be stern but fair, teaching their children the ways of right and wrong, to be respectful, to be proud of their heritage.

The quiet lullaby surrounded them and it was well before Tokino finished the song that both children were quiet and still at her belly. Using her plume of a tail to wrap around them Minka did her best to stay as still as possible so as not to disturb them once more. For a while there was just silence as the Lagina she wolf stared down upon her newborns, her head for once not swimming with thoughts. Suddenly a chuckle escaped her as her mind wandered, quickly she smothered the sound so as to not wake the pups but she turned to her mate with amusement clear on her maw. Taking care to whisper she explained, "I've just realized now that you are the same age as my parents, who are as of today now grandparents." She followed the words with a nuzzle against Tokino's short muzzle and a lick for his chin, making it clear that she meant no harm with the comment. It was strange to her how her parents seemed so old and though she knew Kino was the same age he seemed to her at least, so much younger.

Minka & Tokino

[/dohtml]

RE: Dark Lights Big City - Tokino - Jun 25, 2014

[dohtml]
what you don't know, won't hurt you

Tokino Lagina

take care of the life that is tied to yours

In a hushed voice Tokino snorted somewhat offended by Minka's comment. You make me feel incredibly old you realize this? He shifted himself into a more comfortable position, with his legs stretched out to the side kinda of spooning around Minka's back. Then he stretched out his front legs so that they lay pushed up against the wall of the den. It was very cramped with both wolves and pups in the den, but it was a homey comfortable kind of cramped. Then Tokino lay his head softly over the back of Minka's neck and hummed the tune he had just song softly while looking down at the sweet little bundles who lay sleeping in their mothers warm belly fur.

Never in his life had Tokino felt more at peace with himself and the world around him. He had always been searching for something. Ever since he was young, looking for his fathers praise and shouldering the weight of responsibility on his back. Even after he had went rogue for a while visiting his old pack sometimes but mostly keeping an eye on the sisters who traveled before him. Then he had been searching for a way to keep the ones he loved most safe and happy. However Tokino did not have the power or sway over his sisters to keep them close or happy. Only males from other packs, suitors coming from all over looking handsome with their healthy gleaming coats could keep his sisters googly eyed and happy.

After he traveled to Lore, giving up his old pack to his other uncles and cousins, Tokino once more found himself looking for a place where he felt that he should be. Once more he had thought of family; and found his sisters lookalike daughter thinking that being near other Lagina's would make him feel where he was supposed to be. However even there he hadn't felt that all was right in the world.

It was only here beside Minka and his own children that everything felt complete, and he would give everything, even his life; to protect this sense of calm and warmth.

[/dohtml]

RE: Dark Lights Big City - Minka - Jul 03, 2014

A fade out from you and then we can archive :D
[dohtml]

The Lagina mother couldn't help the smile that strayed across her muzzle, and the amused glint that adorned her golden eyes. Shaking her head softly she chuckled once more, "Tokino you are anything but old, no matter what Inali says." She knew that the basis of the pairs relationship stood on the Wahya woman teasing the man about his age and that Tokino lectured her like a father. It was nice to see that her closest friend and her mate got along so well, and even better how Inali looked up to Tokino as she knew her home life before the lore was less than ideal.

As the grey man stretched behind her Minka sighed happily, pressing her back into his belly to share some of her warmth. His song once more enveloped the small family as he hummed into her ear and the mother settled her head peacefully upon her paws. Eyes turned to look upon their children who by now were nestled against her stomach, breathing content and even as they drifted off into slumber. Tawny tail rested against their behinds to keep them close as well as loan them the warmth they needed with their sparse coats. Humming along with Tokino at parts Minka felt her body beginning to pull her towards the sleep she so sorely needed after hours of labour and once more she sighed contently. Just before finally drifting off words flowed from her muzzle just barely more than a breath, "I love you Tokino Lagina, thank you for this blessing." Then there was silence as her breathing became deeper and more rhythmic, the new mother was asleep.

Minka & Tokino

[/dohtml]

RE: Dark Lights Big City - Tokino - Jul 24, 2014

(and fade out to Ghost kicking me for lateness)

[dohtml]

Allowing total calm seep through his bones and muscle, Tokino relaxed so much so that he could already feel his own eye lids drooping. Lazily he set about grooming the bit of Minka's fur that was right next to his muzzle. Every so often those pale blue orbs would open up and peer down at the little pups sleeping practically on top of each other next to their mothers belly.

Slowly he dragged his tongue over Minka's long fur relishing the softness of it. He flicked his ears twice showing the she wolf that he was listening. Then moved to lick her ear in long soothing strokes. Pausing to whisper in her ear Tokino leaned forward just a bit. and I love you...now sleep woman you will have many sleepless nights with these roudy little ones keeping you up. He promised winking at her whether she was able to see it or not. Then leaned back and continued grooming the she wolf who made his world sparkle.

Eventually his licks slowed and the gray males head would dip onto Minka's shoulder as he fell slowly into sleep. The platinum wolf breathed evenly while the deep dreaming sleep took hold of him. Then the night enveloped the little family giving happy dreams to all who slept. Dreams that would take the harsh reality and pains of the world away and only let imagination and love run wild.

(Fade out)

Minka & Tokino

[/dohtml]
[/quote]