Ruins of Wildwood
Secret Woodlands I'll Follow You - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore V (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=122)
+---- Thread: Secret Woodlands I'll Follow You (/showthread.php?tid=7036)

Pages: 1 2

I'll Follow You - Aideen - May 06, 2014

Edit: Ooc: Derp, forgot to add the backdating

- Backdated to 05/04 2014

[dohtml]

The orange wolfess was rather shaken. The unexpected meeting with Ashanti had left her head spinning with thoughts, her body tinkling lightly and, somehow, with new resolve. Her feet carried her through the thicket swiftly and with the determination so usual to her steps; though now, it was not just an air, she had a purpose! She needed to do something, she'd realized that, finally! She couldn't remain passive, had for too long already; If you won't come home on your own, I will FIND YOU!

She was nearing the border, figuring she would find her alpha patrolling it, like he always did so vigilantly. Snout held high, Aideen combed the air - like she had been through all her waking hours for the past many days - but now the scent she sought was a different one, and she found it almost immediately. Lowering her head to the ground she started following the trail in the direction she deemed freshest, hoping the male was not too far ahead, though she couldn't tell how old the scent was. Her steps stretched as long as she could, the underbrush swiftly passing under her paws.

After a few moments of swift trot, the fox-like girl lifted her head, deciding to call for her leader - she had waited long enough, she wouldn't waste any more time - so she cleared her throat and released a short, barking howl, requesting @Miccah to come to her, while she continued forwards toward him; Hopefully we will meet up soon, I have a mission to go on!

Word count: 261

”Speech” Thoughts
[/dohtml]

RE: I'll Follow You - Miccah - May 20, 2014

OOC: I'm so sorry I took ages!!

The man had found himself as always, on the borders. But unlike all the other times, his actions were becoming forced. The Guardian wanted to be nowhere neat the borders, for now that Ashanti was back, it seemed her scent was everywhere. The black alpha found himself avoiding his past beloved but what else could he do? He knew nothing of how to react in her presence. It was just...awkward. She was like a completely different person, and in a sense she was. She held no recollection of her past, and therefore, him. A call snapped him out of his thoughts and Miccah's ears pricked in attention. Recognizing the voice, the man urged himself to weave through the thickets. In his customary silence, he made himself weave in and out of the shadows. While getting close to where her scent was becoming stronger, the man couldn't help but wonder why she had been calling him in the first place.

Her tone had sounded on the edge of urgent, though he believed he knew why she was calling for his presence. It probably had something to do with Coal. Miccah would be lying if he said that he held no worry. He hoped that his friend had only gotten lost and had not deserted them, for if he had, the alpha would have a very tough decision to make. There was no way he could bring a traitor back into his ranks, though Miccah knew it wasn't his decision alone to make. Stepping out of the shadows one last time, his blue orbs landed curiously on the petite she wolf as he lifted his black banner. "You called, Aideen?" he rumbled in his deep baritone.

RE: I'll Follow You - Aideen - May 23, 2014

Ooc: That's quite alright, Ren is still struggling with Coal, so you aren't holding anything up <3

[dohtml]

To the vixen girl's satisfaction, it didn't take long before a familiar black figure appeared - weaving in and out between the tree's with an expertise that seemed impossible for a wolf of his size - and despite her distress, she couldn't help but smile as they met. But the rest of her body clearly displayed her concert, ears turned back, hackles slightly raised, and tail held a god ways higher than she normally would in the presence of superior. "Miccah." She greeted, usually so upbeat voice flat and abnormally businesslike; "Yes. I want to..." She stopped, casting a quick look towards her alpha's eyes, then looking away, brows furrowed.

A small sigh escaped her lips, then she closed her eyes, shook her head and turned back to Miccah. "Sorry," She said, a pained look in her eyes; "I'm sure you know that Coal hasn't returned from his scouting trip over the mountain and I'm... I feel wrong I..." She had to break again, tears pressing behind her eyes. In her head, thousands of scenarios were playing, new ideas of what horrors might have befallen her beloved constantly springing to life; Where are you? Why haven't you come home?! Her throat was tightening.

Drawing a deep breath she sought to meet the black man's eyes, fear creeping in on her; "I'm afraid something has happened to him, that he's been hurt..." Her eyes were almost pleading as she looked at her leader, like he could somehow change her dread, say one simple word and all would be well. She knew of course that he couldn't, the only thing that would make her feel better was to find Coal. But even as she stood here, preparing to ask for the permission to go search, the thought of going filled her with mixed feelings; she wanted to assure that he was okay, but she was also scared. Scared that maybe he wasn't okay, that maybe he was dying or dead... Obviously he had been injured somehow; Otherwise, why wouldn't he have come home? She knew the answer, and she was scared of that too...

Word count: 352

”Speech” Thoughts
Hjoranna @DA & Dawnthieves.de
[/dohtml]

RE: I'll Follow You - Miccah - Jul 14, 2014

[dohtml]

speech

Miccah knew immediately something was wrong with the small woman he not only considered a friend, but a loyal subordinate. Her posture practically screamed her worry and the alpha knew Aideen wasn't one for disrespect, so he took her posture in stride. He waited patiently for her to gather herself, and she continued to voice with his own fears that he had silently harbored. What had happened to his comrade? Had something happened to Coal? Coal was his friend, a man who he was close to. Miccah trusted Aideen's beloved. He didn't think that Coal was capable of abandoning Secret Woodlands, especially if it was where his heart clearly resided. With a pained look he watched Aideen's composure slowly start crumbling. He sighed, concern pricking at his heart. "Do not fret, my friend," he rumbled softly. "We must keep calm and stay positive. There is no reason to let the worry eat at you when there is a chance of not even having to worry at all," he continued. He cleared his throat, for even though he considered Aideen a friend, he didn't spill his guts to just anyone. The only woman who he felt comfortable to show his true emotions to was Ashanti. He almost flinched, but made his nerves turned to ice. There was no way he would show weakness to a subordinate.

Quickly reverting back to 'alpha' mode, Miccah opened his maw. "What are you asking of me, Aideen?," he questioned in his deep rumble. He had a pretty good idea of what she was probably thinking, but wanted to be sure first. So he would wait for her to speak.

Burtn @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
[/dohtml]

RE: I'll Follow You - Aideen - Jul 22, 2014

@Miccah

[dohtml]

Miccah was not late to notice her ill-masked worry, and the words of consolation he offered were not wasted on the young wolfess. She looked at him with hope in her molten copper eyes as he advised her to calm herself, remember that there were no proof of her fears; Yet! Aideen breathed deeply and tried to turn her thoughts onto the same track as his; Positive, there may not be any reason to worry... But then where is he?! It seemed useless. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't shake the feeling of dread holding her heart, she couldn't believe her Coal would stay away without good reason; And what reason could that be?! She knew of only one answer to that question, and it made her cold with fear.

The orange lass was too consumed by her dread to notice the brief shift in her superior's posture, but she knew that he and Coal were close, and she wondered how the black man was able to stay positive when she couldn't; Maybe I'm overreacting... She did her best to calm herself, focusing on the task at hand; I'll find him! And when the Athesila asked his question, she straightened her back and answered; "I can't help but be worried, I need to find him! I know that you can't spare wolves for a search party but, I would like to ask permission to go myself?" She fought to hold back her worries and the graphic ideas of what might have befallen the sand colored wolf, which still played in the back of her mind. Briefly meeting her alpha's eyes she said: "I just won't be at peace until I know he's alright."

And what if he's not? Called a cold voice in her head. A shiver ran down her spine; Then I'll never be..!

Word count: 307

”Speech” Thoughts
[/dohtml]

RE: I'll Follow You - Miccah - Aug 14, 2014

[dohtml]

speech

Miccah watched Aideen relax somewhat at his words and he felt happy that he had comforted her in some way. Not to mention that she had to keep a calm head about this. They both did. Obviously Aideen worried for her mate and he worried for his friend, but to gain the most in this situation, they had to think clearly. Logically. The ebony male kept his dark blue gaze trained on the petite female as she straightened her posture and let her question spill forth. It was true, he didnt have wolves to spare. He didn't want to spare any wolves for a search party that no doubt would take them far and wide. Truly, the only one qualified for such a mission was Aideen, though her passion was for the healing arts. He sighed inwardly, his mimd and heart in turmoil.

More than anything, he wanted to find Coal and drag his ass back home. But he didnt want to risk the chance of losing Aideen as well. He was caught between responsibility or friendship. He knew which one he would choose, but that didnt mean he had to like it. Knowing he had been silent long enough, Miccah opened his maw. "If I did let you go off and search Aideen, do you have any inkling of where he might have gone? Did he tell you anything?" Patiently waiting for her response, the large ebony alpha kept his dark blue orbs trained on her copper irises.

[/dohtml]

RE: I'll Follow You - Aideen - Aug 19, 2014

[dohtml]

Miccah was silent for so long, the orange shewolf felt her courage start to ebb away; He can't let me go, he needs me here... When he finally spoke, she felt her body stiffen, instinctively ready for rejection, and yet her eyes were still glowing with resolve; But I NEED to find him! And her alpha's words weren't exactly discouraging either, though something about his facial expression made her ears sway backwards slightly. She stood under his gaze in a position that clearly reflected her submission - she was at his mercy, she would not leave without his permission - yet she met his bright blue eyes evenly as he asked his question.

Her mouth felt dry; Where..? "East!" She blurted, biting her lip at the outburst. She turned her eyes down, slightly embarrassed, but she was too worried to be bashful. Her eyes soon returned to Miccah's, voice lower and more serious as she elaborated: "He said he was going east to scout out the terrain. I... I think the mountains interested him." She looked down again, this time to hide the tears glistening in her eyes; she remembered how curious she'd been about those mountains herself, when she first came to The Wildwood.

But there was no point in crying, she needed action! Shaking her head a little, she cleared her throat and looked to the black man once more; "I'm not sure whether he planned on crossing them or not..." That was all she could think of to say, and she waited anxiously for what Miccah might answer; Please..!

Word count: 262

”Speech” Thoughts
[/dohtml]

RE: I'll Follow You - Miccah - Aug 21, 2014

[dohtml]

speech

She blurted out her answer, but shock didn't register on his features. Casually, his ears flicked, waiting for her to continue. She spoke of Coal having an interest in the mountains, and his mind shifted to the days he had spent on the mountains himself. Where he had met Coal. He knew from the mountains to the thickets it would take a couple days time. Shifting his attention back to the situation at hand, he stayed silent. In thought. Yes, he could send her. He had already made the decision. But Miccah wondered for how long. He wanted to give her a time limit that would ensure her enough time that she would be able to travel to the mountains, and farther if she wished, so she could search for her beloved. Coming to a decision, his black banner flicked as he opened his maw.

"Fine. I will give you permission to search. On one condition.," he rumbled calmly but determinedly. He waited for her full, undivided attention because he wanted to make sure she listened to his terms. "I will give you two weeks, Aideen. Two weeks time to travel and search. But if you don't find him in those two weeks, you will come back home. Understood?" He placed more attention on that one word, not wanting her to be cast in despair if she didn't find her mate. He wanted her to realize that she had a family to come back to, a home. MIccah didn't let up his serious expression, but his frosty orbs warmed slightly as he looked at his subordinate. She was hurting, but he didn't want the worry and pain to consume her.

[/dohtml]

RE: I'll Follow You - Aideen - Sep 09, 2014

[dohtml]

The black man seemed to turn her words over carefully in his head, not letting his feelings show while he pondered. Aideen watched him intensely, the tip of her tail waving frantically with anxiety. Unlike her leader, the small fae carried her feelings at the tip of her fur, unable to suppress them and keep a level head in situations like these; this was why she could never imagine herself in a position like Miccah and Nina's, responsible for so many lives, having to stay collected and levelly consider everything. But Miccah carried his duty with grace, and she knew him well enough to know that it was not because he was a cold wolf, he simply understood to keep his feelings under control. She admired that.

And he inspired her to try and stay calm too, even with worry and fear racing through her, she took a deep breath and tried to focus on the facts. Still, his words made her jump slightly, tail lifting in excitement; I get to go! On one condition. She tensed, ears perking in anticipation; What, WHAT?! Now that she had her permission, she couldn't wait to get going, to find him.

But Miccah stayed silent, holding her back, his gaze locking hers, reminding her to think; Focus! With significant effort, she managed to calm herself, focusing on his words as he continued, stating his terms. The orange wolfess swallowed; Two weeks... It was a lot of time, more than enough, surely! Hopefully... But the thought of running out of time, of failing to find him and having to return alone, made her feel ice cold all over. But if... Closing her eyes shortly, she forced herself to use her newfound calm to consider the situation from all perspectives; If she did come up empty, she would need the Woodlands more than any time before, the support of her friends and family... This is as much of a family as I have here...

So she met the bright blue eyes of her leader and friend, forcing a shaky smile; "Yes." She nodded slowly, voice firm, her entire body radiating constancy. She would return; With Coal! ...Or without him.

Word count: 364

”Speech” Thoughts
[/dohtml]

RE: I'll Follow You - Miccah - Sep 13, 2014

Feel free to fade out <3

[dohtml]

speech

Miccah watched her with cool, blue eyes. Assessed her as she took in his condition. With slow confidence and fierce determination, she spoke her answer. He almost smiled, but kept his mask in check. She would return with her mate or she wouldn't, but she would still return. His small doubt of if she found Coal she would end up never returning to the Woodlands deflated. She would return, either elated or heartbroken, she would return. And he and the rest of the family would be there to pick up the pieces if she came home with the latter. The black furred man opened his maw and spoke with a warm smile. "Good. I hold complete faith in you, Aideen." His tail flicked as he turned but not without giving her one last message. "Be safe, my friend." He was speaking to her not only as a leader, but as a friend as well. He wished no harm to come to the petite woman.

Nodding in dismissal, Miccah moved his large bulk until he was once again shrouded in the familiar darkness of the shadows of the thickets. He would tell Nina of his decision to let Aideen go off to search for her beloved, and suffer whatever brunt she lashed out on him. Of course, he wouldn't be some doormat. He was King, and they held equal power. But then his mind switched to the two male figures below him. He held power now, but how long would it take before the men decided to take matters into their own paws? Shaking his head, Miccah moved to continue with his interrupted border patrol. He would cross that bridge when he came to it.

[/dohtml]