Ruins of Wildwood
Cedarwood Forest Searching for Life - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore V (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=122)
+---- Thread: Cedarwood Forest Searching for Life (/showthread.php?tid=8169)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Searching for Life - Jester - Nov 03, 2014

With his breath steaming in front of him Jester looked through the tall trees. Since his forced departure from his family he hadn't seen anyone other than that annoying fox. Here among the reaching trees he hoped to find someone to at least speak to even if it was just a single word. But the chances of that seemed small. He had searched but the snow that was falling ,though lightly, was covering up tracks, scents, and his hope that he would maybe meet someone who wasn't trying to chase him from his kills.

Letting out a frustrated sigh he padded forward. He could call out to see if anyone was in the area, but he wasn't aware of were the packs in the area might be. He hadn't come across any borders yet but if one was in the area he couldn't be sure that they would take kindly to someone who was just meandering through unaware that he was yards away from trespassing. "Enough." He finally growled before throwing his head back and letting out a long,clear,searching howl.

As his howl died around him he stood still listening intently for any response that might come. If none came then he would travel to a new area and try again and again until he found someone. Maybe he would get lucky though this place seemed to be a good place as any to come even though he hadn't found any signs there was bound to be someone in the area. He just hoped that they would respond to his call.

RE: Searching for Life - Aestyn - Nov 05, 2014

The whirling gust of invisible current were bitter as they toyed with her draperies stiffness was ruffled and fluffed. Light crystals fell from the swirling heavens above her. The realm this she-wolf had entered was not claimed yet, she could smell the traces of another lupus in close proximity. The stench was bold, figuring it was a brute a grimace broadcasted across her visage. Another idiot she’d more than likely have to take on perhaps? She had zilch tolerance for mumbling brutes. A low and subterranean growl delved from the backside of her dehydrated gorge. Adjutants prodded the earth as her serrated claws clenched the soil and snow mixed slush leaving deep tracks that vanished quickly in the wake of movements.

A beastly howl shot through the tops of the lofty forest skyscrapers echoing as it bounced between the limbs of the trees. A trilling sensation shot up and down her spinal cord as the pelt that served as the covering rose like a straight razor. Obviously, he wanted to be heard and acknowledged. Aestyn’s décolletage extended upward as it unconstraint it’s own soaring howl. Her oppressive notes rang through the airwaves announcing her acknowledgement. If he was intelligent with his actions she’d be no threat. But, she stayed doubtful.

Her expectations were set to an elevated bar few had ever engaged in sharp tolerable conversation with her. She came back to reality from her thoughts as she noted a bulky boulder only a few yards from her. She would have the advantage of height if the he-wolf decided to make an appearance. Assuredly, she came within reach of the curly moss draped boulder. Aestyn’s back appendages mustered up the strength she needed to contact the rock bed surface. Gaining the much needed access to the cap of the boulder she stood unwavering in her dominant stance, just waiting and surveying the forest property before her scouring aqua pools.

RE: Searching for Life - Jester - Nov 05, 2014

His ears flicked at the answering call and he let out a sigh of relief. He wouldn't have to travel far then to meet the owner of the one who had answered. Turning in the direction that the reply had come from he padded smoothly through the snow shedding what had gathered on his back as he moved. A smile played on his features as his loneliness faded at the excitement of meeting someone. He had been alone far to long he mused as he finally crossed the scent of the she-wolf he was about to meet.

Slowing he walked carefully through the trees. The other may know he was there but he didn't want to startle her and have the chance encounter turn sour. Finally he found saw her standing atop a large boulder as she surveyed the area with a dominance that he recognized. She was a leader though her scent told him without a pack. Her coat was a colorful mixture of grays that he found seemed to suit her frame with aqua eyes that he watched everything at once.

Stepping forward he dipped his head deciding to be polite as he said "It is nice to meet the one that answered my call." There was no aggression in him at all as he watched the she-wolf. His ears were pricked though with interest, a small smile played on his face,and his tail low, while his eyes watched her intently for any signs that this meeting might go south. He knew that some liked to force their dominance on others just for the power it gave them.

Aestyn’s shrilling howl caused the forest to empty out of it’s once chipper and light atmosphere to one of silence and coldness. Just the way she preferred it. a smirk formed in the corner of her smug façade drawing more apparent as the silent seconds passed. The posture she apprehended sustained its governing stature. White puffs continued to plummet from the spiraling zephyr from the heights above. Cold bits planted themselves unwelcome to her snout pallet. Without warning, a sneeze billowed from within her cavities escaping as small capsules of saliva sprung from her ivory cage. Shuddering herself free from the collecting crystals from her mixed hued pallet. She was sure her sneeze was audible enough to tip off the he-wolf that was in the near vicinity. Sure enough, within moments her enjoyable silence was shattered with the reverberation of movement through the dense forest floor and the sloshing sounds of freshly fallen snow.

”Here goes nothing.” she huffed inwardly to herself. Abruptly, the brute broke through into her vision. His winter coat was as dark and deep as night. The brutes physique was rather massive and definitely fitting of a beast. His somber and non antagonistic movements revealed he came to her peacefully. Aestyn’s footing remained firmly planted as he came nigh. She noted as his cranium dipped politely. “Yes, I am sure you are. You sounded pretty enthralled with your call.” his breath taking amber pools studied her. Her posture lightened slightly as her words were thrown with a spit of mockery. “All smiles huh?...” he was awful friendly, must be desperate for company she concluded.
For now, she would amuse him until her IQ could take no more; but than again maybe he would surprise her? Besides, she really had nothing better to do at moment. Maybe she could be humored with mocking him, if he wasn’t up to par?

Jester heard the mockery in her voice. Did she think that he couldn't hear it or that he was something to sneer at? He had meet a few wolves that could speak circles around him, but not many. Then again his birth-pack had been mostly about brute force first and words second. Well then, he decided, this could be an interesting encounter. One that would likely leave him with a headache.

He laughed softly under his breath "Enthralled? More like lonely I have been traveling for over half a year by myself." Then he looked meeting her eyes with a full intense gaze. "And would you rather I have met you with my teeth bared ready to see which of us was stronger?" He asked hackles spiking like spines, making himself appear bigger and flashing sharp white fangs before relaxing. He hoped she wouldn't take it as a challenge just a show-and-tell. Showing her what he would have looked like if he had wanted to dominant her, which he didn't. There was no point and with snow on the ground prey was starting to become scarce.

"Ah. I have forgotten my manners. My name is Jester." He told her dipping his head once more ears flicking back and then forward again. This was a way to make sure she knew that he had meant no threat from his previous display though it might have seemed like it. Looking to her again he had to smile again. This was going to be interesting indeed.

Just as Aestyn suspected the already massive brute had to puff out his macho-ness. unfazed, a chuckle from the back regions of her throat was voiced. His point was made and read easily. He was proportionally built more in size which was obvious to anyone. Why males knowing they are indeed broadly constructed was beyond her. She was sure it was due to their ego’s. Aestyn recognized his body language slip back into a big teddy bear appearance. ” Just like a bird fluffing it’s feathers for a dove.” His sob story pined on as he tried to gain sympathy from her. His chuckle at her word “enthralled” made her roll her eyes in aggravation. She sensed a migraine coming on. “Yes, you heard me right. In simpler terms you seemed desperate to find someone. And by the amount of time it took you to find me. I was right in assuming your.... ENTHRALLMENT.” she said over accentuating the last word with pure spit fire. she was not pusillanimous with her witty words. smirking at the dark brute as she compensated.

She quickly spoke again with velveteen lyrics “As have I. Though, I’ve been on my own most of my existence.” she shifted her focus off of him for a quick moment as she let her pink ribbon retreat from behind her incisors as she twisted her neck to groom her left elbow. Caressing her pelt that protected her elbow, she gave in to its unruliness as her attention returned fully back to the he-wolf present before her. Introductions came from him as he revealed his given name. ”Jester?... Peculiar.” she thought briefly before she spoke up. My... What a name you have.” she spit out quickly as he dipped down. At least he was respectful she appreciated his polite gestures. ” I am Aestyn, a mere vagabond. “ she spewed an answer he had not asked the question for. Settling herself again slightly in her rigid posture the cold breezes bites were getting to her. She slumped downward unto her muscular haunches hoping that would give her a little more warmth.

She didn't seem to care about his display in fact she mocked him for it. He gave an inner shrug. Oh well, can't make everyone happy especially if that someone was a sharp tongued she-wolf. Deciding to ignore the bird comment he considered her other words. This one was sharp and could twist anything he said into a something that could be sneered at. He had to be careful with this one but he liked playing even if he was the butt of a joke. "I suppose you are right, but then I suppose most often you are." He told voice light even though he felt like a pup being talked down to by an elder.

"Don't you grow lonely though?" He asked curiously watching as she groomed herself. He had hardly ever seen a wolf by itself for longer than a couple of months and if she was alone most her life she must be used to it. Or he mused she felt that her intelligence was wasted in the presence of idiots. Her comment on his name made him tip his head. "I suppose it is, though it's not my given name but the one I choose to go by."

He considered her name before speaking it aloud "Aestyn." trying it out on his tongue. "I'm not the only one with an interesting name." The breeze was starting to pick up and though his fur was thick he still felt it's chill and from the way Aestyn sat on her boulder he knew she probably could feel it even more than him. Tipping his head slightly to the side "Are you going to remain sitting up there?" His neck was starting to ache a little from looking up.

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Nov 05, 2014

There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health

she was honestly quite stunned with his collected well mannered reactions to her prod baring words. most he-wolves would buck and refuse to counter her speech though, he did try and intimidate her with little luck he was easily self diffused. he appeared to have a very go with the flow type of personality. Jester had made a remark that couldn’t be more accurate. ”Smartest thing I have heard you say yet.” she cooed with a slight chuckle. her mood was turning to become more tranquil. For such a bulky and perhaps to others, intimidatingly... massive fellow he sure had a lightness to him that rang calmingly to her. the more time that passed the more her snobbish guard fell. Although only very slightly.

”You get over being lonely, when you realize what a waste of time most lupus are.”
she spoke up her words were straightforward but, less sharp.
” I named myself so it ought be different. I can’t blend in with every one. Being alone has taught me to be self reliant.” she said as her captivating orbits looked unequivocal into his pumpkin dunked pools. her new position wasn’t cutting it to keep out the sting of the dropping temperature. his question was more of an invitation to come down in her opinion. she knew losing the advantage of the height would put her at more of a risk to being engulfed by his sheer size.

tempting herself with thoughts of finding somewhere where she could self generate heat a little quicker. ” I suppose I had better.” she coughed her words back to him as the cold breeze drafted into her nostrils seizing her breath a time or two. was it just her or was the quantity of snow falling just multiplying? her front two limbs stretch forward and down unto a small cut out shelf as her back haunches pulled her back limbs to meet the front before she leapt off the now snow plastered boulder. landing compacted a soft but vibrating thud was audible. ”now where?...”she huffed as her own breath became visible before her.

RE: Searching for Life - Jester - Nov 06, 2014

OOC: The rabbits nest thing is that something that they can go hunt or something?

Jester laughed at her remark "I know when I am out matched in wit and tongue." He told her with a grin. She was relaxing even if it was just a little. Her words had lost some, not all, but some of there hard edges. Truthfully he was enjoying this. He didn't drop his gaze as their eyes met while she explained her reasoning for her name. He reasoned that she had grown up with wolves around her that she thought were... less than par in the intelligence category. "Being self-reliant is a good but there are times when you need the help of others you can trust." He said softly. His aunt had almost died because she had been trying to swim across a river when the current was too strong and ,if not for the Beta, she would have lost her life. It had taken weeks to get her back up to full strength because she couldn't hunt for herself and had to rely on the rest of the pack.

Backing up silently he made some room for her to jump to as she prepared to spring down onto the ground. The snow had grown thick and it had grown even colder while the breeze decided to swirl little gusts of snow up into the air and stir what was falling. He watched as she jumped down and he noticed that she was smaller than him. He couldn't really tell before when she was standing up on the boulder but now he could tell. In all honesty it made no difference to him. Why should it? Everyone seemed smaller to him.

She seemed to be cold with the snow and breeze. Coming up with a solution was simple enough. "If you are cold the boulder seems to be a good source of protection at least from the wind." He said pointing with his nose towards the base of the boulder where the snow wasn't piling up as high and almost an inch around it was still bare at the very base from what he could tell.