Ruins of Wildwood
Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore IX (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=176)
+---- Thread: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread (/showthread.php?tid=8314)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Tagg - Jan 24, 2017

[dohtml]

OOC!  

-----------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 202

Though Moon didn’t say anything, Tagg could tell she too was concerned for their mutual friend.  It was clear to the russet man that his words didn’t help Kajika feel any better, and he knew that were their positions switched he would want to leave.

“Come on.” He nudged Moon, his plans for a nap forgotten.  “Kajika looks tired; we should let him get some rest.” He assumed that’s why he’d come to the den.  That was what he had been doing before he love had woken him.  His next words were aimed at the man in question.  “You work too hard.  You should take some time to relax a little more often.”

With a nod to his friend, he nudged Moon, attempting to herd her away.  “Let’s go exploring or something.” He suggested.  Anything if he got to spend time with her.  He wouldn’t have minded just relaxing around the den area, but he also wanted to give Kajika his space for the moment.  He would talk to him later and try to see what was bothering him; the beta had been there for him, and the veteran wanted to be there for the dark man as well.

I’ll talk to him tomorrow. Tagg decided.

FADE

"Speech"  Thought

[/dohtml]

RE: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Kajika - Feb 12, 2017

[dohtml]

Morning light was just beginning to show through the trees as Kajika reeked through the snow from the border. He'd been out all night taking care of his duties, whether he felt like doing them or not he could never not do them. His night hadn't been completely wasted either as he'd managed a couple of fish and a Marmot to add to the cache. He'd also refreshed some of the markers in the border and now it was time for him to return to his makeshift den for the day.

Lately he had decided making himself scarce was probably for the best for not only himself but the pack. His talk with Namid had helped, giving him more to consider which he spent a lot of time doing. He was certain though that before he could even think of telling Moonshadow and Tagg of his feelings he needed to work through his emotions about Des. As much as he hated the idea he needed to put that part of his life behind him and move on or else he would never find peace or be happy.

With his days spent in his den and his nights taking care of his duties Kajika had let other things go. His appearance had become more disheveled with each passing day, fur ruffled and sticking up instead of it's smooth well groomed appearance. He also has patches of mud on his hindquarters from laying in his den and his frame had grown thinner due to his lack of an appetite.

Wanting nothing more than to get back to his den Kajika stopped at the cache to drop his prizes before continuing his journey. The minutes passed as he followed the path to his den which took him directly past the communal den. He stopped for a moment letting his ears turn into the den to make sure all was well inside where his packmates lay sleeping.

[/dohtml]

RE: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Vespertio - Apr 19, 2017

Quick little post for @Namid before this thread

"Namid, Namid.." Vesper's voice whispered the name of his love while the top of his muzzle lightly nudged against the soft fur of her cheek, hoping to awake the woman without disturbing any of the other wolves slumbering within the communal den to avoid the snow that had began to fall again outside. Although spring had technically arrived, winter was being bratty as ever and refused to accept that it was time to leave and let life begin anew. 

Another nudge was offered to her cheek before jaws parted slightly to give the top of her ear a small tug expecting that to finally rouse the woman from the dreams that kept her asleep. Soon the sun would rise and with it the members of Fallen Tree Cove to begin their day, the recent murder of Des and the still missing Lunette not enough to give the wolves a break from the daily task that needed to be done to prepare for the coming pups Moonshadow and Neha would be gracing them with. The latter still left a sour taste in the father's mouth, but nothing could be done about it now other than being there for her while the father of her unborn children was not and Draven had best believe Vesper had a few choice words for the young man should he ever poke around his borders seeking out his daughter.

"C'mon Namid wake up. I need to get going." He spoke a little louder, nudged a little rougher. After a restless night tossing and turning over thoughts that wouldn't leave the lakeside patriarch alone in regards to his ability to protect those close to him, he had decided he needed to take a day or two to himself to try and shake the grief that clouded his mind before it suffocated him. The last thing the pack needed was a leader that doubted himself and his abilities.

RE: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Vespertio - Jun 14, 2017

Anyone welcome. He's just basking along the lakeside. 6/14 light rain

Agouti fur gradually grew damp under the light drizzle of rain that fell from above as nothing more than a fine mist, meanwhile molten gold irises scanned out across the rippling surface of the lake with each droplet of rain that disturbed the usually glassy smooth water. In the distance, the Vuesain patriarch could hear the soft yips and barks of Tagg and Moonshadow's little boy enjoying some time out from within the confines of the birthing den. Each time the memory from his own litters would resurface and warrant the faintest of smiles to adorn his inky lips.

This past season Namid and himself had decided to pass on another generation of Vuesains to run around their lakeside abode, instead deciding to give another pair within the pack the rare opportunity to experience parenthood. For a moment creamy lids closed against the gentle caress of the falling rain, head tilting back to inhale a slow breath. Nostrils filled with the scent of damp soil and other various scents commonly found among Fallen Tree Cove. Today was a rare opportunity Vespertio took some time for himself, opting to relax along the gently lapping shorelines of the lake. If the others did need him, though, they knew how to get ahold of him.

RE: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Moonshadow - Jun 15, 2017

[dohtml]

OOC! @Vespertio figure its been a while :)

With Chan being a little older Moon felt like her loving mate was more than capable to watch him while she slipped down to the lake for a drink. Since the snake incident the mother refused to leave the pup alone and would usually bring him with. But today father and son were playing and she didnt want to disturb the two. So with a kiss to both eastfall boys the dark woman made her way down to the rocky shore of the Lost Lake.

The feel of pebbles along her paw pads was a surprising relief. Pausing on the shore for a moment the beta allowed her eyes to close. She tilted her ebony head back and allowed the light drizzle to fall on her face. The scent of the lake filled her lungs as she took a deep breath. A smile formed upon her maw as the scents gave her a sense of home and belonging. Oh how she loved the cove so very much. With one more deep breath Moon reopened her eyes and took in the sights of her home. Soon she spotted a familiar agouti form. With her tail hanging happily at her hocks she walked to her king. "Beautiful day isn't it?" She asked as she got closer. She stopped a few lengths away from the man giving him a smile in greeting.

[/dohtml]

RE: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Vespertio - Jun 20, 2017

"Beautiful day isn't it?" The familiar voice of Moonshadow brought a soft smile to Vesper's face before his creamy lids lifted to reveal the molten gold hue of his eyes, head lowering and turning to focus on the approaching silhouette of their female second. A bit surprised to find no little Chan tagging along at her heels. "Your old man got stuck with babysitting Chan?" He teased with a light laugh, the smile upon his white furred lips gradually widening into a small grin before taking a moment to rise and give his dampened pelt a good shake to rid the excess water that collected along the tips of his fur.

"Indeed it is a beautiful day, though. Feels good to have a break from the snow and heat for a change." Wagging the charcoal dusted tail at his rump, beige haunches lowered themselves into a seated position after stretching out along the pebbly shoreline. Dull nails spreading out and leaving tiny scores in the softened surface thanks to the steady trickle of raindrops from above. "It's good to see you out and about enjoying the fresh air instead of being crammed in the den, Moonshadow." Motherhood was something new for the young woman, but already she was proving herself to be an exceptional mother. Taking each new day in stride that warmed Vesper's heart as he recalled the memories from his first litter with Namid and all the new experiences the children provided the seasoned father.

RE: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Moonshadow - Jun 25, 2017

[dohtml]

I think I need help. I'm drowning in myself

OOC! Trying out the new table, thank you again! I love it! <3 @Vespertio
A small chuckle fell from the inky mothers maw as her king stated that Tagg must have gotten stuck watching the coves only pup. "That he did. I needed a moment and didnt wanna leave him alone" she stated with a loving tone. She would do her best to make sure that her baby would stay safe and the next safest place besides her is with her husband. A quick glance was given in the direction of her den as the agouti man shook out his fur. The second's attention was brought back to the shore as Vespertio agreed with her on the weather.

Also lowering her rear end into a seated position Moon gave him a nod. "A much needed break indeed" she agreed. She loved this weather, not too hot, not too cold, not too wet either. She took a deep breath, pulling the familiar and calming scents into her lungs, holding them close for a moment before letting them go. "Its good to see you out and about enjoying the fresh air instead of being crammed in the den". Her smile remained but now a hint of sadness pulled at her cheeks. It was refreshing to be out and about yes but it also was secretly stressing her out. While she believed her love could keep their child safe there was just something deep inside her that would always think she was the only one that could. "Its nice being out for a moment but I honestly dont mind. Chan has brought me so much joy, I just couldn't imagine being away from him for long." Her words were true but the reasons behind them were kept hidden. The lake king would surely think she was crazy if he knew that she didnt want to let him out her sight. He also couldn't know about the darkness that plagued her mind constantly. She was still a beta of this pack and had responsibilities. She couldnt let her demons get in the way of her providing for her pack. They came before herself, they all did.

Word Count: 351

[/dohtml]

RE: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Moonshadow - Jul 30, 2017

[dohtml]

I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Anyone welcome! :) she kinda having a panic attack

Something was wrong, something was very wrong. Her beloved husbands scent was now nearly completely faded from the coves territory. It had been a few weeks now maybe a month, the dark woman didnt know. At first she thought nothing of it, thinking he had gone for a hunt off the mountain. However as days turned into weeks Moon became distraught. She couldn't lose him too. Everyday she searched for any traces of her hero but with no avail. If she didnt have Chan or if he was a little older she would have searched for him outside the borders. But duty kept her rooted, and yet another one keep her even more.

Back when she returned Vespertio asked something of the ebony she wolf and she didnt think she could do but did anyways for the good of the pack. Namid had fallen into a terrible depression and darkness that forced her to step down as alpha. Moonshadow owed so much to the queen that she knew she had no other choice. Had she not accepted the cove would have been lost. The new mother was overjoyed when the pale woman reclaimed her crown. Everything was back to normal - until a string of tragedies plagued the small pack. The disappearance of both herself and Lunette, the death of Des, the tragic delivery of two still-borns, the death of Eido, and now their beloved queen would be leaving them.

Large inky paws paced back and forth near the communal den. Her sides heaved as the on set of hyperventilation began. Of course Moon had agreed to once again step up, she couldn't let her home perish but she now had her own darkness within her and if Namid couldnt do how was she supposed to? A low whine escaped her muzzle as her pace quickened. Silver pools darted around barely allowing her brain to comprehend what she was seeing. How? No! I - I cant her thoughts were firing at the speed of light. She can't do this, too much has happened, where was her husband? Her best friend? Her children!? The panic only worsened the longer she was alone.

Word Count: 371

[/dohtml]

RE: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Kajika - Jul 30, 2017

[dohtml]

Kajika moved through the cove as he always did but things were different now, he wasn't a beta anymore. Though it was only temporary he wondered how long he would be honored with such a title as leader. That wasn't the only thing that was different, it seemed only a short time ago that he'd found Eido's body in the hot springs and even more he'd noticed the missing scents if not only Tagg but Anaia too. He was disappointed with Anaia for disappearing but Tagg he was furious with as he had warned the tawny man.

Moonshadow's scent grew stronger as he neared the communal den. The new leader couldn't help but wonder why she was there and not with Chan. When he finally reached her it was clear that she was not okay, he was glad he had found her and hoped that he could help her. “Moonshadow,” he said quietly as he approached her pacing frame, “Stop for a moment and tell me what's got you so upset.” He could of course take a guess without even trying but he hoped that by saying it out loud it might help her to calm down so that he might be able to talk to her.

[/dohtml]

RE: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Moonshadow - Jul 30, 2017

[dohtml]

I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

@Kajika sorry I totally didnt mean for this to turn out like this

Everything was blurry as her mercury pools started to fill with tears. Her pace quickened as did her breathing. She was spiraling out of control, all of her fears, all her darkness, was closing in on her. Why did he leave? Was she not good enough? Was their little boy not enough? Why did Des and Eido have to die? Why was Namid stepping down again? Why was the world out to get them? More whines escaped her maw as she was so entrapped by her thoughts. The sound of her heart pounding in her silver dusted ear prevented her from hearing her name.

Her world was finally shattering around her. She couldn't keep a brave face any longer. She couldn't bare the weight anymore. She hoped that no one would see but clearly that wouldn't be the case. Finally his voice broke through the hysteria within her head. Her feet stopped in their tracks. Silver pools were wide with fear, sadness, pain, guilt, anxiety, and so much more. Her breathing didnt slow at all as she stood and faced him unable to speak or move. She couldnt, she just couldn't hold it together anymore.

Word Count: 201

[/dohtml]