Ruins of Wildwood
Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore IX (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=176)
+---- Thread: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread (/showthread.php?tid=8314)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Kajika - Jul 30, 2017

No Worries! Hope he can make her better.

[Dohtml]

When he had followed her scent which led him to the communal den he had not expected to find her in the state she was in. He had seen her upset and sad but this she seemed almost manic and that worried him more than he would admit to. She'd been through alot in just the last few months but to have Tagg disappear on her like he had. The tawny man better have one hell of a reason for not being there for her now when she needed him most. Fallen Tree Cove had always been a place of second chances but Tagg was pushing it. The dark man didn't know how someone who said he loved here could leave her like he had.

She didn't immediately notice him he waited to see if she would notice him and do as he'd ask her. When she finally did stop the look on her face and the way her breathing was was heavy and the worry he felt for her only grew. Kajika didn't hesitate to go to her to try to calm her down so that she could talk him. He pulled her into an embrace to try comfort her but he was didn't know how she could he comforted when her mate had disappeared on her. He couldn't consciously tell her everything would be okay when he didn't know himself. “Talk to me Moonshadow, you might feel better if you do. We promised to always talk things out,” he reminded her hoping that might get her to open up and he hoped he could help her work through it.

[/dohtml]

RE: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Moonshadow - Jul 30, 2017

[dohtml]

I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

@Kajika I'm sure he will, he usually does with her

As soon as he took a step towards her the floodgates opened. Tears poured from her silver pools like water falls. As soon as he embraces her the dark woman nearly collapsed completely. She sobbed into her best friends shoulder, finally allowing everything out. Minutes ticked on as Moon continued to cry about pretty much everything. Her breathing was irregular causing her to gasp for air occasionally. Everything was so wrong, why did everything bad have to happen to her and those she loved? She felt like nothing would ever get better despite how hard she tried to make them better.

Her tears began to run out causing her sobs to lose power. She kept her head buried in his now soaked fur as sobs dwindled to quiet whines. She was exhausted and wanted to hold on to the comforting silence as long as possible. She knew he would continue to ask her to talk and deep down she knew she had to. For now though she would relish in his hold and pretend nothing bad had happened. Kajika always had a way of making her feel better. Moon didnt know how but she didnt care right then, she was just grateful to have him there in her weakest moment.

Word Count: 212

[/dohtml]

RE: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Kajika - Jul 30, 2017

[dohtml]

They had always been close sharing with each other nearly everything and to Kajika he didn't think this time should be any different. Tagg had hurt her and he would have to pay for that mistake. There was no way the tawny male could escape that unless he was dead after seeing Moonshadow in her current state. The dark man had never seen her so distraught and torn down before. The new mother broke down in great sobs as Kajika held her against him during which he didn't say anything he just held her and let her cry.

Finally her tears and sobs seemed to subside but he still didn't say anything and gave her the time she needed to recover herself. He could feel the wetness from her tears as it had soaked through his fur to his skin. He didn't mind if Moonshadow felt better for getting it all out. He was sure that she would talk to him when she was ready but he did tighten his embrace on her. Whatever comfort he could give her he would but he wouldn't lie to her. Right now she was too fragile to take a lie or a promise that could be broken. He could not know if Tagg would get back or if bad things would stop happening to the cove but he could promise he would always be there.

[/dohtml]

RE: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Moonshadow - Jul 31, 2017

[dohtml]

Remaining silent and allowing her to cry was probably the best thing Kajika could have done in that moment. She needed to let it all out after holding it in for so long. With her sobs dying down the dark woman did her best to regulate her breathing. She sat still, leaning into him for a little bit longer. He had always been there for her and for that she was eternally grateful. She didnt know what would have happened had he not shown up. Moon took a deep breath before pulling away from him. Dark wet lids opened to reveal bright silver eyes. She looked at where his fur was wet and instantly felt bad. "Sorry" she mumbled before licking at the spot to remove excess tears. The taste was salty but she didnt mind.

Once finished drying him off the dark mother once again pulled back. This time mercury orbs looked up to meet his amber ones. "Thank you" she said with her tone laced with defeat. Her silver dusted ears laid flat against her skull as she held her head low with shame. She was supposed be strong, supposed to not let anyone see the darkness within. It was her punishment for what she had allowed to happen. She was glad though that if anyone was going to see her this way that it was Kajika. Had anyone else stumbled upon her she may have just ran. She knew she could not run from him - both figuratively and technically. A part of her really didnt want to either, maybe thats why the flood gates had opened, revealing just how broken she was.

Word Count: 281

[/dohtml]

RE: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Kajika - Aug 01, 2017

[dohtml]

He knew Moonshadow well and knew she would talk when she was ready she just needed a little time. He didn't mind waiting and just letting her cry on his shoulder, it wasn't often that he'd seen her so bad off she would cry so he knew she had a lot on her mind. Eventually the sobs stopped and she pulled away from him and offered an apology for the fur that was nearly soaked through. He bumped her chin, “You don't have to apologise Moonshadow, if a little wet fur is the price I have to pay for you to feel just a little better I'm glad to pay it,” he told her offering a reassuring smile, “Anything for you.” He would always do anything she needed. She also felt the need to dry the place she had made wet with her tears and he let her do it, he felt it might help her to feel a little better.

When she had finished drying his fur she met his gaze her eyes still wet from the tears she'd cried. Kajika reached out to dry them for her something Tagg should have been doing but then she probably wouldn't be crying if the tawny man were there. Kajika mentally growled at the man for upsetting her so, “You're welcome,” he responded recognizing the tone of her voice, a time he didn't think he'd ever heard from her before. “Do you want to talk about it?” He asked though he had every intention of making her he thought he would give her the chance to do it on her own. She needed to talk about it and get it out and off yet chest. “Maybe I can help,” he told her hoping it might encourage her to open up to him.

[/dohtml]

RE: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Moonshadow - Aug 01, 2017

[dohtml]

In true Kajika nature he assured her that she didnt need to apologize for making his fur wet. A small half smile formed on her lips showing gratitude for him. She was beyond grateful to have him and honestly doesn't know what she'd ever do without him. The dark woman was glad he allowed her to dry off his shoulders. It let her feel even better than if he hadn't. When she was done drying him the dark man took it upon himself to dry her. Moon let him for it was comforting to her. While Kajika thought that Tagg was supposed to be doing this she thought otherwise. She loved the russet veteran with all her heart and would do anything for him, but there was just something in her that didnt feel like she could be this vulnerable in front of him. She didnt exactly like looking like this in front of Kajika but do some reason it felt more okay.

The other ebony second asked if she wanted to talk about it. No, she didnt but she knew she was going to have to. He'd pry it out of her and holding it in wasn't an option any more. "Not really but I supposed ya make me anyways huh?" She said with a small chuckle. All the pain, despair, anxiety, sadness were released allowing her to not feel so gloomy. "Its just everything thats happened" she began with a deep breath "Mine and lunettes disappearances, my attack, Des' death, my stillborns, Eido's death, Tagg and Anaia's disappearance, and now Namid's leaving too..." She trailed off realizing that maybe she wasn't supposed to say anything just yet. Part of her felt bad but the other didnt care. It was going to happen anyways, she was to step up once again in a few days time. Little did she know that Vespertio had also stepped down and that temporarily the Vuesians wouldn't rule the cove.

Word Count: 336

[/dohtml]

RE: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Kajika - Aug 02, 2017

[dohtml]

The dark man hated seeing Moonshadow in such a state especially feeling so badly that she needed to cry until she felt better. She always tried to he so strong which he commended her for but she also needed to have her time to just let it all out. He'd had his chance to go through the things that had been plagued him and after everything he could not and did not expect her to keep it all in. He let her dry the fur on her shoulder before he dried her tears, he knew both actions would help her to feel better. At least enough that she might talk about it which he thought would also make her feel better. It would at least give him a chance to hear what was bothering her so that he might be able to help her through whatever it was that had her so upset.

Finally when she'd had the chance to get it out and calm down he asked her if she wanted to talk about it. A smile crossed his maw at her words, “You know me too well Moonshadow, you will feel better. How many times did you tell me that? Hmm.” it was good to hear her chuckle and it made him think that he wouldn't have to work too hard to get it out of her. He listened as she listed everything that had happened to the cove wolves and nodded. “We have been through a lot. I'm sorry you were attacked and lost your children I wish I had been here and maybe it wouldn't have happened. I do miss Des, it's horrible what happened to her and Eido and if I ever find those responsible...” He trailed off looking down at his paws for a moment. Kajika had not missed her stating that Namid was leaving. It was a shock but he felt that would wait for the moment. “We also got through it or are doing our best to. We have to focus on the good things I think you and Lunette are home safe and Chan. I'm sorry that Tagg isn't here right now but you're never alone Moonshadow not as long as I am here, you know that right?” Tagg or no Tagg Kajika would never abandon her or Chan he loved them both too much. “You're worried about stepping up for Namid again?” He asked feeling that this was what had her so upset. It was the last thing to happen in the string of things that had happened to the cove. It made the most sense this was what had her panicking.

[/dohtml]

RE: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Moonshadow - Aug 04, 2017

[dohtml]

Her small half smile widened when he said she knew him too well and that it would help her feel better. Yes she had told him that talking about it would make him feel better. Her smile didnt last long though for she finally spilled about everything that had happened. There had been so much bad that has happen to the cove that she couldn't bare to keep it in any longer. Dull silver eyes watched as his face turned to sadness as he was also reminded of everything. Moon instantly felt bad for she didnt want to remind him of everything. He apologized for her attack and lost of her children. She shook her head and gave his muzzle a lick "Its not your fault Kajika, you needed to get away for your own sanity." Her attack was her and her attackers fault and thats it. She wouldn't allow him to hold any of the blame. He continued on to say that he missed Des and it was horrible that she and Eido were kill. The dark woman's eyes fell to the ground in a silent agreement and only flicked up again when he made a silent threat to those who hurt them. "They will all pay" was all she could muster. She was angry too at those who had hurt her family even if she didnt outwardly show it.

Moonshadow shuffled a bit in her spot and gave her best friend a nod. Indeed they would get through it and had to focus on the good. They were home and she has an amazing little boy who would always bring her happiness. Silver dusted ears fell at the mention of her missing husband. "What is something happened? I can't lose him too Kajika..." Her colorless orbs looked upon him newly wet again. If she lost anyone else she wouldn't be able to go on. Then came the big secret, Namids departure from the cove. She said she would tell everyone but Moon may have just spilt the beans to Kajika unaware that Vespertio had also stepped down. "If she can't do it how am I supposed to be able to?" She left it at that knowing she could go on and on about how she wasn't cut out for the job. Not the first time and surely not this time around.

Word Count: 000

[/dohtml]

RE: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Kajika - Aug 05, 2017

[dohtml]

There were times that it took a while lot to get Moonshadow to tell him what was going on. This time it had only taken a reminder of their promise to each other and telling her she would feel better. As she spoke though it was a reminder of all that had happened that he didn't need because it was in his mind everyday. Lately he had begun to feel he had failed again by not finding Des's murderer. He held onto the guilt that he had not been able to stop what happened to Des and Moonshadow. What if he hadn't gone away would what happened have still happened? Could that one small decision the seemed so important at the time have been the wrong one? He would never know and he knew he was going crazy after thinking about it all of the time. He looked into her gaze as she spoke and a lick to his muzzle was given in comfort. “I know your right but I can't help but feel like it is, that if I had never left Des would still be alive, would you have not gotten attacked, would your children still be alive?” This question had plagued him more each day and often kept him up at night. He was sad that Des and Eido had lost their lives and wanted to make the ones responsible pay. It also seemed Moonshadow had the same idea, “One day they will,” he agreed with her. They of course had to find them first and with so little to go on he had his moments when he wasn't sure they would ever find them.

Even with all the bad for them to be able to go on with their lives he felt it was important they focus on the good. If they didn't they would always worry about what the next bad thing would be. When Tagg was brought up she expressed how she couldn't lose him. Kajika brushed her cheek with his muzzle, “I know. Tagg is strong and he's come back before. I'm sure he will come back just as soon as he can.” As mad as he was at the tawny man for disappearing on her he knew he would not be able to keep him from coming back for Moonshadow. As she spoke of Namid leaving he knew that was what had to have brought all of this on. She was worried she wouldn't be able to the job of alpha and deal with everything else. “You don't need to worry Moonshadow. I am sure you can handle this,” he told her with confidence. He and Vespertio had agreed to keep the change in ranks between them but the dark leader felt it was time she knew. “You will have me next to you to help you. Vespertio has stepped down as well.”

[/dohtml]

RE: Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread - Moonshadow - Aug 20, 2017

[dohtml]

Sorry about the wait @Kajika. Wanna wrapped this up real quick? :)

She nodded solemnly to his agreement that whomever hurt them would surely pay, someday.

His nudge to her cheek was welcomed for it allowed her to be reassured. His words only reassured her further as he spoke of her husbands strength and his sure return. "I hope you're right" the dark mother replied quietly. She really did hope with her whole being that her love would return safely to them.

Her uncertainty about running the pack again was easily voiced to her best friend. What she heard next, was something she never thought she'd hear. “You will have me next to you to help you. Vespertio has stepped down as well.” She couldn't help the quiet whine that fell from her lips as she shifted in her spot. A look of utter shock was painted clearly upon her features. "Wh-what? Why?" Vespertio stepped down? The cove isn't being run by either of its rightful leaders? What was happening to the cove? While she didnt doubt her friends ability to be able to lead, this didnt feel right. The cove belonged to the Vuesians, and now only two remained...

Word Count: 000

[/dohtml]