Ruins of Wildwood
Red Fern Forest I want to believe that the way I am is just the way it goes. - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore V (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=122)
+---- Thread: Red Fern Forest I want to believe that the way I am is just the way it goes. (/showthread.php?tid=9157)

Pages: 1 2

I want to believe that the way I am is just the way it goes. - Darrah - Apr 14, 2015

@Beren
[dohtml]

Darrah had definitely traveled every location surrounding his den, but in the end he always seemed to find himself back at the Red Fern forest. There was just something so inviting about scarlet tree's and the rowdy organisms that occupied them. Yes, This particular location was much similar to a fiery warm embrace from someone special. This place was comfort after a long hard day, and goodness knew quite well every day was just that. Though finally calming down the inner commotion that was the hatred for his mother, even if by just a tad, he still needed this. He needed to feel at home. What better the place.

"What Am I doing with my life?" the young prince groaned, unsure of what he was turning into as of late. "I'm a monster, I need to get out of here." though he wasn't sure if that'd be for the best, or just a cowardly retreat from what had become his reality. "Maybe I'm throwing things out of proportion. Maybe I'm being to hard on her after all." He hated to admit it, but wasn't he really just over-reacting when it came to @Nayeli? Darrah was swiftly approaching the age in which you couldn't quite call him a puppy anymore, so weren't the hissy-fits getting a little old? "But how would I even go about apologizing now? God, these mood swings of mine.." with disgust, Darrah found a cozy spot to settle down in for a while.

'I feel so beaten-down, What am I doing?'

[/dohtml]

RE: I want to believe that the way I am is just the way it goes. - Beren - Apr 15, 2015

@Darrah here ya go!
[dohtml]

I thought I heard a plane crashing, but

Bérengère Dunn

Now I think it was your passion snapping

Why had he come back? Was it the thought of @Rook lingering in his head? Or perhaps the daydreams of him being back with the Down wolves again. The dark male knew he had a gaping hole in his heart that needed to be filled by someone. He needed to come back. This land was his home. Nothing could stop him from coming home.

His dark, large, form strolling through the woods. This placed seemed alive with fire, a safe touchable fire. The red colors giving him a warm feeling of comfort even if he was alone. Perhaps that was a good thing though. It allowed him to feel comfortable and at peace with just himself. A feeling he truly hadn't had in forever; something he thought he would never feel again. Of course his moment of alone time had been interrupted by someone.

Moving forward the Dunn male sought out who it was. It appeared it was another dark wolf. One who almost reminded him of his younger self. Inky lips curled up in a small smile. Younger wolves, a group of creatures he could truly deal with. Barking out softly he tried to approach the younger male while still staying a safe distance away. "Hello? You wouldn't happen to mind my company would you?" Fluffy black tail swaying behind him with ease. He wanted to give off the vibe he was safe. The Dunn male would always be a friendly company for anyone willing to accept his presence.

template base by GINNYSAURUS | image by GREY
[/dohtml]

RE: I want to believe that the way I am is just the way it goes. - Darrah - Apr 15, 2015

[dohtml]

'Oh jeez, I AM over exaggerating aren't I? I'm sure everyone else has already noticed it- why am I the last to figure it out?' He still hated his mother for leaving, but acting like a little brat wasn't going to fix anything! The Tainn was embarrassed. Hiding his head between his paws, he sighed. As future King, there was no excuse to act the way he had been. As he was just about to throw himself into another long angsty rant, he could of swore he heard a voice. 'Who's there?'

Though startled, Darrah scurried fast to compose himself. Someone had found him, and it wasn't anybody he knew personally. Afraid or not, Darrah had to maintain his Prince like appearance. Slowly turning his head to examine the wolf, he found the man actually looked pretty harmless. 'C-company? Who is this guy?' inspecting him further, the young Tainn decided it probably wouldn't hurt. 'I'm pretty close to home.. If he did anything funny, well, I'd figure it out.' desperate for interaction with anybody at this point, he stood up to greet the wolf properly.

Taking a few strides toward the inky fellow, he wore a soft smile. "Hello, I could do with some company." chuckling awkwardly, the boy stopped short at what he thought to be a reasonable distance. "I'm Darrah Tainn, Son of Triell Tainn, Prince of Oak Tree Bend." The usual greeting, Darrah was very proud of his lineage. "And what would your name be?" The prince was excited. Speaking honestly, he was almost positive this would be the first conversation with a wolf outside of his pack. 'Maybe he's different from them. Maybe He'll understand me.' With high hopes, he waited patiently for a response.

[/dohtml]

RE: I want to believe that the way I am is just the way it goes. - Beren - Apr 15, 2015

[dohtml]

But with nobody in your bed

Bérengère Dunn

The night's hard to get through

"Thank you."

It was the only thing the Dunn lad could bring himself to do. Thank the boy for accepting his company. It had been so long since he had actually been able to sit down, or stand, and have a conversation with another wolf. "Pleasure to meet you Darrah. My name is Bérengère Dunn, feel free to call me Bear." He chuckled softly at his rather poor introduction. Perhaps it has been longer than he thought since his last full conversation. Looking down momentarily he wondered what a prince would be doing out here alone. Certainly he wasn't fully alone. Someone must be close by looking for the prince. The Dunn understood that the boy, known as @Darrah, could take care of himself but also knew if he was a prince and son of someone that a wolf would be close by looking for him.

"What brings you out here? I know I'm out here looking for perhaps someone familiar or some place familiar. Anything to go off of.." Bright orange eyes looked around the fiery woods around them for something. At this point the dark male was willing to take even the sight of a crow as something to follow. Hell he had met a crow once who had seemed friendly enough. Maybe that crow had followed him and was ready to lead him to somewhere. Hopefully to a home he could stay at for a while. It was obvious that while the Dunn could take care of himself he wasn't truly ready to live fully on his own. The life was hard and difficult, one that would certainly drive Bear crazy after awhile.

[/dohtml]

RE: I want to believe that the way I am is just the way it goes. - Darrah - Apr 15, 2015

[dohtml]

'Bear..' Darrah liked that nickname, It reminded him of his old mentor @Oliver. 'Like ursa major and minor! The great and little bear!' Fascinated with how his new acquaintances name could relate to constellations, the Prince almost forgot they were in the middle of a conversation.  He nodded at the man, agreeing with the given name. "I like Bear." Still smiling, he let Bérengère continue on. Maybe this wasn't going to turn sour after all.

"What brings me out here? Hmm." The answer was simple to him, yet complicated to put into words. "I guess the short answer would be.. To think. I've been doing a lot of that as of recent." How boring, he couldn't of lied for the sake of sounding more noble? "You're looking for.. something? Well.." Darrah liked to travel, but not very far. Uncertain he'd be of any help, the Tainn still had to offer. "Maybe I could assist you somehow? What, or.. Who are you looking for exactly?" he watched Bear's eyes flicker around throughout the scenery. Just who was this guy?

'I wonder if I should tell my father about this when we're through here..' Darrah knew @Triell would want to know about a stranger so close to pack territory, especially with all that had happened to @Nayeli. But would that really be in his best interest? If Bear was as harmless as he thought, then there was no need to cause a commotion over it, right? 'He'd probably just lecture me about talking to strangers, Like I'm not old enough to make my own decisions.'

[/dohtml]

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Apr 15, 2015

There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health

[dohtml]

tell me what your worst fears are

Bérengère Dunn

i bet they look a lot like mine

"To think.

The smile on the Dunn's had found a home. This boy Darrah had made the dark male curious and happy. Bear was certainly enjoying this company. "Ironic Darrah...I've been doing a lot of that too lately." Looking at the dark male with kind caring eyes it was clear the two already had a connection. Something natural like the likes of Bear and Rook. It had him stop to think how his friend was doing, almost missing the words of the younger fella.

"I'd love that Darrah. I mean I'm looking for a wolf by the name of Rook. Sound familiar?" He paused with a wide grin hoping that maybe the young boy knew his masked friend. It was unlikely, as none of the lands around looked familiar to where he met Rook, but maybe it was possible somehow. Bear had faith that the Oak Tree Bend prince could help him somehow - someway.

With his attention put back on his dark friend Bear's brows furrowed slightly. "I mean I'm also looking for a place to stay if that helps? Just something with shelter for a few days before I can take care of myself...look for something more permanent." Shrugging softly the burly male had decided he was comfortable enough with Darrah to have a seat. Hopefully the other wouldn't mind too much. Bear's paws were tough and in pain from all his travel. It was hard to say just how far he had really came sense his last stopping point. Hours perhaps? Maybe a day at the longest. It was hard to keep time when you had no reason to.

[/dohtml]

[dohtml]

"Really now?" Darrah wondered what his possible new friend had been thinking about, but felt no need to push on it at this moment. 'Hopefully nothing bad, I'd like to see everyone around me happy. There's just too much negativity as of late.' hypocritical, he plaid a big role in that.

'Rook...' The name didn't ring any bells. Just as the Tainn thought, he was of no help to Bear. "I'm sorry, to the best of my knowledge I've never met a wolf by that name." with a disappointed expression, Darrah broke eye contact. 'Why couldn't it of been someone from my pack? As a Prince I really should make it a point to get out there and learn some new faces.'  With a sigh, the boy found himself concentrating on the dirt below his feet. 'Maybe someone at home could help..'

The Price's eyes widened as Bear almost seemed to of read his mind with the thought of home. "Y-you're looking for a place to stay?!" The boy yipped. "That might be something I could help you with!" If shelter was what he seeked, he came to the right wolf. "You... You could come with me! Back to Oak Tree Bend! My father would probably let you stay for a few days! Or for however long you needed really!" Darrah never asked his parents for anything, and with Nayeli's kidnappers on the loose they could honestly use any help they could get. Embarrassed that he might of went a tad overboard, he tried to correct himself a bit. "I mean, only if you wanted to of course.." He just hoped he was right, Triell wouldn't say no, would he?

[/dohtml]

RE: I want to believe that the way I am is just the way it goes. - Beren - Apr 16, 2015

[dohtml]

tell me what your worst fears are

Bérengère Dunn

i bet they look a lot like mine

It seemed the younger prince had taken it interest in what Bear had been thinking about. "I can tell you what I've been thinking about lately if you wish." The feeling of someone having interest in his words and thoughts was enough to make Bear feel wanted. Truly he hadn't felt wanted since last meeting Rook, it was that moment or when he was in Black Thorn Downs. Minka, Kova, everyone had made him feel so wanted. The Dunn knew he couldn't return now though. That chapter was done and over in his life.

"It's fine, Darrah. I don't even know if I'm in the right place to find Rook." Flicking his tail behind him briefly a small sigh left his lips. It felt so horribly wrong trying to find Rook after suddenly leaving but he knew he had to. Even if it took months, years, his life. Fiery eyes lost in confusion stared at the paws of the two dark wolves. It made him wonder if returning to Rook was even smart. He knew what would happen when and if he returned to his friend.

The voice of the Bend prince brought Bear's eyes snapping upwards. Looking at the younger male his offer was tempting. Tempting enough to take. "I'd be in debt with you and your family forever Darrah. But first..can I hear more about Oak Tree Bend?" Ears perked with interest Bear leaned in a tad closer to Darrah. Perhaps Oak Tree Bend was where he was meant to be, he was meant to be with Darrah. Perhaps they could help each other with their own struggles throughout life.

[/dohtml]

RE: I want to believe that the way I am is just the way it goes. - Darrah - Apr 16, 2015

Broooooooomance. xD
[dohtml]

The Prince nodded to his new friend. "That would be nice" With a smile, he waited eagerly for Bear to tell him what's been on his mind. 'I didn't want to come across as nosy or pushy.. I'm glad he's willing to tell me...' Darrah hadn't much previous experience with conversation, so the do's and don'ts were a bit blurry to him.

The older boy looked pretty disheartened as he spoke, this Rook fellow must of been pretty important to him. "It might not mean much, but I think you two will meet again some day." This was a tad awkward for the Tainn. How the hell was he supposed to comfort someone else when he couldn't even make himself happy? However he didn't necessarily mind putting in the effort of at least trying."If it was meant to happen, it will!"

More about Oak Tree Bend? That was a tough one for him to answer, what was he supposed to say? Nevertheless Bear's enthusiasm only seemed to excite him more. "Uhmm well.. It's a bit of an open area.. We have an amazing stream! There's also a huge Oak! Oh, and the sunlight hit's us real nice!" Not quite sure if description was even what he was asking about, the Prince moved on to information about the residents. "A lot of us are family.. There are only a few that have come from the outside. Everyone's really great, but we have had some drama as of recent." Furrowing his brow, the Tainn did not want to talk about his mothers mistakes right now. "The alpha male is my dad!" He stood a little taller, quite proud of that fact.

[/dohtml]