Ruins of Wildwood
Lost Lake one-girl revolution - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore V (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=122)
+---- Thread: Lost Lake one-girl revolution (/showthread.php?tid=9259)

Pages: 1 2

one-girl revolution - Desideria - Apr 28, 2015

@Namid
Set April 22nd

[dohtml]
While her run-in with Anders was more productive than her run-in with Aesire (and that was putting the near disaster lightly), the timber wolf still felt herself feeling rather skittish as she moved from the heart back to Serpent's Pass. She'd drank at the falls, had a small snack of a few little mice, and was generally unwanting as she moved her feet forward. It was a good state to be in, she decided – she wasn't desperate, wasn't liable to make any emotional decisions. The general idea was to find another wolf she could trust, and, possibly, find a new denning site. If she could find somewhere safer, somewhere much more secret, Desideria would consider the idea – if she could find a pack that would appreciate the particular services she'd be able to offer (Anders' impression of her be damned!), the small female might take that under advisement, as well.

She was long into her journey when she noticed the lake and veered off towards the west to investigate. It was a pretty place, and worth a short stop to refuel her tanks before heading back northward. The female did not get far upon the shoreline, however, quickly coming upon distinctive pack borders. An entire group lived here, and after running into that pregnant (Rabid, was she rabid? She was absolutely mad!) female, Des had little interest in trespassing without a clear reason. Giving a little shudder, she took a step back and wheeled around back to the lake, muttering under her breath.

"Shame, shame, would have been a good spot to live, of course someone took it,"
she grumbled, pausing as she reached a safer stretch of shoreline. "I wonder if there is anything to eat here…"

LuDa-Stock & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief

[/dohtml]

RE: one-girl revolution - Namid - Apr 29, 2015

[dohtml]

Namid had wadded into the waters of the lake for the first time, the warmth of the day turning the once biting water into a more manageable temperature for her and her unborn children. She relished in the feeling of the water lapping at her pelt, the truth that spring had finally arrived rearing its head. Even at the level of pregnancy she was in, she knew she could still fish. Stilling her movements her mismatched gaze focused on the liquid beneath her paws, scanning for any instance of prey that might swim on by. After a few moments, a flicker of a tail was seen by the pale queen and she lunged forward. It was a hit and miss, the tail just barely sneaking its way out of the clasp of her jaws. Lifting her head from the water she snorted, flicking her tail before heading back to the spot she’d been in. Once again pausing, she found she had to wait a bit longer than before to see the tell-tale signs of the aquatic animal. But, this time she was ready for it. Lunged forward her maw moved like lightening, teeth clasping cleanly onto  the spine and breaking through the scales to dig into the flesh.

Raising her head in triumph she gave a shake, effectively severing its spine and killing it. The flopping ceased and her prey rested forever. Turning around, her gaze caught the figure of a rather uniquely marked tawny woman. It seemed that she hadn’t noticed the Star Dancer’s splashing around, as she was a little ways down the shore from her and seemed to be caught in her own little world. Today, her hormones were in check and she was feeling closer to her usual self than she had in months for some apparent reason. With her mood set in this, she figured she would pay the female a visit.

Moving from the water she paid no attention to the liquid streaming down her pelt, instead taking to head straight for the woman. A muffled woof was given in greeting, her posture giving off a relaxed sort of dominance. They weren’t in her lands, but they were rather close. Regardless, she saw her as no threat quite yet and didn’t want to scare her off, so she thought it best to stay relaxed. Stopping a respectable distance away for both the stranger and the expectant mother, Namid offered a casual greeting, “Hello, what might bring you out to the lake?”

[/dohtml]

RE: one-girl revolution - Desideria - Apr 29, 2015

[dohtml]
Desideria stared into the calm waters, a heavy sigh escaping as a mangled wolf stared back. Her torn ear flicked sideways as she leaned in, inspecting the scars across the bridge of her muzzle. It was a good thing she was never a vain animal. No one would use the words 'pretty' or 'stunning' to describe her now. A wry smile lifted one corner of her lips before she stepped into her reflection, ripples spreading outwards as she waded in up to her knees. The water was cold, but not bitingly so, and she could see the outlines of tiny shiners shifting in the distance as their pale bellies caught the sun and reflected it back towards her. She paid the minnows little mind – they were not something worth eating. In fact, she might even get one of the tiny bones caught in her throat.

Shifting, she slowly began wading further south, careful not to step in beyond her knees as she searched. Silt slowly rose from the disturbed bottom, and the timber wolf was just considering hunting from the shore when a voice broke her concentration. Des jumped forward, eyes wide as she whipped around with a great splash. Her dusty undercarriage was soaked as she took a step back, ears sweeping back as she took the other female in.

Bad luck was following her around like a shadow, wasn't it? Another pregnant mother. Taking a second step backwards, the female shook her head. "Look here, I don't want any trouble. I was careful to stay out of the borders, yeah? Just looking for a place to live, maybe something to eat – definitely not trespassing, okay?"

[/dohtml]

RE: one-girl revolution - Namid - Apr 30, 2015

[dohtml]

It seemed that Namid had startled the poor woman. She’d flown around, sending water spraying all around her and her hackles had risen. Instinctively the pale queen took a step back, but her demeanor remained calm. She understood the concern that would be on behalf of the tawny woman, for being a loner was no easy task. Especially not so close to a pack’s borders. However, Namid was not one of the leaders to go charging in when someone strayed somewhat near her border. There was no strategy in gaining members that way, or perhaps even a friend that could prove beneficial in the future. As the she-wolf spoke, she understood that there had been a misunderstanding. Whatever had happened previously to her had obviously left her wary or other wolves, especially a pack member such as herself.

The Queen of the Lake shook her head, “I believe you have my intentions wrong, I do not wish for any trouble either. We both can see that I am truly in no state to be making quarrels,” She chuckled, gesturing to her belly. Most mothers would probably keep their state hidden, and that was really the wisest move. But, one also had to know how a mother could be when threatened. Even pregnant, they could meet the ferocity of a male twice their size. She also suspected that her admittance would calm the female some, to show her that she meant her no harm. “You are not across my borders, so I see no reason to act with any hostility. I do not believe you harbor any ill will toward me, so why should I show such to you? I am simply looking for a conversation, perhaps I could find that in your company? As for food, you may take my catch if you wish. I do believe you need it more than I,” She replied calmly. Picking the fish up once again, she took a step forward before tossing it to the woman. The pale woman wouldn’t encroach on the stranger’s personal space, as she enjoyed her own as well.

[/dohtml]

RE: one-girl revolution - Desideria - Apr 30, 2015

[dohtml]
Even as the larger wolf remained calm, Desideria found her tail slowly creeping under her belly as gravity summoned her closer to the water's edge.  Only when the gentle waves tickled her undercarriage did the older wolf realize she'd started to crouch, and even then, she didn't move from her defensive position.  Wary eyes studied the female as she swallowed, nervous laugher bubbling from her as the expectant mother gestured to her growing pups.  "Last wolf I ran into wasn't unlike yourself, ma'am.  And she was gonna rip my face off if I didn't run for it!"

Hell, that was definitely the last time she went out of her way to try and aid a stranger.  If the pack had actually appeared as quickly as the alpha had summoned them, the loner had no doubt she'd be in much worse shape than she was now.  For the time being, all that was damaged was her sense in pride – the mistrust was a long-standing issue, she knew, one that was only reinforced time and time again.

Namid's offer was met with great hesitation, conflict warring across her features even as her ears pricked forward.  Auburn eyes sought out the other wolf's catch, and indeed, she had a handsome looking trout.  Still, getting too close troubled her, and it seemed the Queen of the Lake sensed this, instead tossing the fish towards the smaller female.  It seemed to break the spell, and the loner scuttled forward to claim it before the generosity could be reclaimed, taking a few bites from the animal's side before glancing back up.

Ears swept back again as the smaller female shifted uneasily.  "I, uh – thanks, I guess.  I owe you one?  I'm Desderia, by the way.  You can call me Des.  Or Dezzy.  I, uh, don't, by the way.  Harbor any ill will.  Haven't been around these parts long, I was…you know, like I said.  Trying to find some place to live.  Trying to find--  Find my brothers, maybe."  She paused, gaze briefly flickering to the north, where she'd detected scent markers.  "Your pack is here?  On the lake?  Is it safe?  Are the other packs close?"

[/dohtml]

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Apr 30, 2015

There is a rabbit\'s nest nearby. +1 Health

RE: one-girl revolution - Namid - May 02, 2015

[dohtml]

As she had suspected, the she-wolf had looked at her catch unwillingly at first. A look of distrust settled permeably on her features and there was no attempt to hide it. She wondered what had happened to the smaller female to cause her to have so much distrust, but by looking at her features she could only guess. As she looked she noticed what she hadn’t before; scars. The littered her muzzle and face, as well as a large rip running down her ear to the point of taking it off. Her composure held, but a bit of her felt a bit of sorrow for the otherwise beautiful woman. However, in Namid’s eyes the scars didn’t make any difference. They just showed how much of a fighter the woman really was, and she was all the more intrigued by her. As she mentioned that she’d met a woman much like her that had nearly ripped her face off, she wondered what that could mean. The faint trail of the strangers gaze toward the territory of the pack that neighbored them sent a suggestion to Namid that perhaps the lead female within their borders was also expecting children. She knew the mood swings could be hell, but she doubted she could become so violent even with them being the way they were. If they were expecting pups, that meant that their land must be thriving and it also meant more competition for them. Add that onto the list of things I must tell Vespertio, She thought to herself.

As the Queen of the Lake threw the fish forward, a decision crossed the tawny wolf’s eyes before she  quickly scuttled forward and took her offering much to Namid’s pleasure. She could always catch more, though she’d have to do it soon. After quickly scarfing down a few bites, she looked back up with a look of slight embarrassment. "I, uh – thanks, I guess.  I owe you one?  I'm Desderia, by the way.  You can call me Des.  Or Dezzy.  I, uh, don't, by the way.  Harbor any ill will.  Haven't been around these parts long, I was…you know, like I said.  Trying to find some place to live.  Trying to find--  Find my brothers, maybe." She seemed to stutter out. The more she spoke, the more Namid was convinced she was no threat to her. At least, not for the moment. However, a small frown did mar her maw at the mention of the woman owing her something. “You owe me nothing, it is but a fish. There are thousands more in this lake, and while I may not necessarily be as petite as I was at the moment I can still make my way. I have been in your pawsteps not too long ago myself, being a loner is difficult. Especially at this time of year,” She chuckled, and it was true. She really wanted nothing from the woman, except perhaps some harmless conversation. Deep down, she knew she hoped that the woman would want to join their ranks. They were down to so few members, and she already seemed like a decently good wolf. If she did join a good position could be offered in their family and the promise of protection and a home, something she suspected the woman needed.

"Your pack is here?  On the lake?  Is it safe?  Are the other packs close?” Dezzy had asked, and the Star Dancer nodded. “Yes, my pack reigns over this portion of the lake. The rest is up to nature to decide who lives on its lands. We are called Fallen Tree Cove, and yes it is very safe on these shores. It provides excellent advantage for one who knows how to traverse them against one who does not, as well as protection against raids. Our neighbors are a bit close for my liking, but there is not much we can do about that. Now, what about these brothers you have mentioned? Might I ask their names, perhaps I have met one of them?” She inquired and informed.

[/dohtml]

RE: one-girl revolution - Desideria - May 02, 2015

[dohtml]
Namid was correct – the smaller wished to pose no threat. Despite the queen's condition, the thief didn't like her odds in a scuffle. She was built for flight, not fight, and that fact had been proven to her time and again. Cornered more than once, she'd lost her ear, and in another occasion her precious good looks. Alas, it was a lesson had learned, and not one she wished to test again. The younger wolf had the advantage of size, certainly, and considering how nasty Aesire was when she believed herself threatened, she had no interest in testing another expectant mother's patience.

"Being a loner sucks,"
she replied frankly, licking at her lips. "I used to live with my family. Me, my mum, and my two younger brothers. Twins. Rico and Nico, a bit larger than myself, not as large as they should have been. Little more red than I am -- their father, he left once they were born. Just me and my mother to feed them, and I was only a year old." Dezzy reflected on the boys with a wry smile – they could have been as large as Anders or Kajika if two grown wolves had been fending for them. Their home was arid, large prey was almost none existent where she used to live. "If you've seen them – or see them, in the future, I'm looking for them, yeah? We were split, a while ago. Our den was on a river bank and flooded – I ended up a ways downstream." Namid didn't need to know she hardly knew how to swim, despite living near water, and had almost drown trying to escape. It went without saying that the boys had all but disappeared, and her mother, not about when the flash flood occurred, had been missing ever since as well.

Dezzy sighed, picking up the remain of her fish before slowly wading out of the water, careful to keep her distance from the alpha. There, she dropped her meal, and continued to pick at it before continuing. "You, uh…you…maybe looking for pack members? I was going to look around the forest for my brothers some more but…I don't like being a loner. And was looking…'er, hoping to join a group once I've found them – or determined they didn't travel this way." A short pause. "And the pack south of here was not friendly. I've had plenty of that. If you couldn't guess that already, heh. Been on the wrong end of a few fights. Don't want to do that again, for sure."

[/dohtml]

RE: one-girl revolution - Namid - May 03, 2015

[dohtml]

Namid listened patiently to the woman speak, explaining to her of her siblings whom Namid could not, sadly, say she’d met before. She explained how they had come to be separated, a situation in which reminded her much of the way a man she’d once met had been separated from his family. That meeting had been a long time ago, when she’d first entered Lore. He had been the first wolf she’d met, and she remembered their meeting fondly. She wondered how he was doing and if he had a family himself, for he must be of age by now. Of course, she snapped out of her recollection to focus on Dezzy. Upon her inquiry of Fallen Tree Cove, her tail gave a small wag. Now they were really getting somewhere, not that she hadn’t been enjoying their conversation. Even without the questioning, Namid had been enjoying the company that the smaller she-wolf gave.

“I am sorry to say that I have not seen your brothers, perhaps they have not passed through the lake. However, to get from either the west side of Lore to the east side or vis versa one is most likely to pass through the lake. We are always accepting members, and we would very much enjoying having you with us if you would like to call our lands your home. We can offer you loyalty and protection as long as you can give the same to us, and perhaps help in finding your family.” Namid said, throwing out the bait that she would hopefully snag. Of course, none of her words were false. She knew what it was to lose your family, and she still hoped to find one of her siblings or parents passing through so that they could reunite. As long as Dezzy pulled her weight with them, and she suspected she would, she would be welcomed with open arms in their lands if she so choose to join them.

[/dohtml]

RE: one-girl revolution - Desideria - May 04, 2015

[dohtml]
"Figures. Worth asking, though."

She hadn't scented the lads anywhere on her travels, but since Namid was nice enough to ask – well, maybe if she heard of boys by that name, or ran into either of them, she'd let the smaller wolf know if they crossed paths again. Wherever they were, the female wished nothing more than that they were together. As much as she loved them, it paled in comparison to the bond the two of them held – they were identical and inseparable, two sides of the same coin. It was impossible to imagine one of them without the other. As long as they had each other, she knew they would be okay – and perhaps she would simply have to make peace with that one day.

Now, however, she wasn't quite ready to give up hope.

Namid's offer, however, caught her by a bit of surprise. Her eyes widened as the timber wolf picked up her head, ears pricking forward as the alpha used the word 'delighted'. She might have laughed, if it wasn't likely to be considered rude. No one had used such a kind word to describe her presence as delightful before. Perhaps the other wolf had the wrong idea – or perhaps she was really, really desperate. Either way, Desideria knew it was something worth considering. She wasn’t in the position to remain a loner for long, but—

But—

The female hesitated before speaking back up. "That all sounds…really good, actually, but…what would you expect me to do? I know pack life isn't free. I'm no guard, obviously, I'm half the size of a sturdy male. I'm not a hunter – well, not of big game. I used to-- I—"

Did she dare divulge her secret? Did she explain how she previously contributed to packs? Des fell silent, having no desire to be run out when she'd commit no crime, but there was one thing she was best at. The woman's mind raced. She could do other things, of course. What had Anders told her?

"I could-- I used to take care of my younger brothers. Watch them, I mean, when my mother was away. Maybe…?"

Dezzy trailed off, eying the female nervously. In her mind, she berated herself on how stupid that sounded. Suggesting to an expectant mother that should could watch after pups! What if Namid thought she was implying the alpha couldn't do it herself? With a hard swallow, the small female lowered herself back down, ready to run if the other female took her ramblings the wrong way.

[/dohtml]