403 Users Online
Baidu, Google, Bing

Wandering Eyes — Hollowheart Keep 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 68 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Evann Atlas
@Myrrhis

Flustered by her own insecurity, the sable girl was unable to meet her companion's eyes; instead bowing to have a drink herself, trying to calm her thoughts as she drank. Myrrhis finished at the water, and began speaking, her tone and words bringing heat to the younger wolf's face; She's so kind... Why? She doesn't even know me! Throughout her life, Evann had come to expect hostility from first meetings, a battle of rank played out - sometimes silently, others through force - but always with wariness and self-preservation at its core. For someone to so readily extend friendship, without first establishing a position through aggression was baffling to her; Even Naia was cautious at first...

But not Myrrhis. Maybe she thought herself too old for such battles, or maybe... Maybe there are really wolves out there who care less about rank and more about comradeship... It would certainly be nice to meet one such wolf, for a change.

When Evann finished stilling her thirst, she raised her head to look at the elderly healer, a pale smile grazing her face in response to the kind, reassuring speech. Myrr was chuckling lightly after giving a rather dismissive answer to the question about her children. The brown fae's smile widened, shoulders shaking lightly as she chose to take part in the joke, leaving it at that; If she doesn't wanna talk about it, then that's her right. It did bring even more confusion to her mind though, the idea all three siblings leaving their home, their family; and furthermore, the mother did not seem at all angered by this fact. When Evann had left her birth pack, it had been a last resort to her, and she had done so, knowing that she could never come back, that she would be leaving, not only her family, but her very name behind; To never again be an Atlas...

She pushed aside her wonderings, it was time for her world view to expand, she should know by now that not all packs were like her birth-clan. Allowing their laughter to die out, Evann sought to meet the grey woman's eyes - not to challenge her, but to truly show her appreciation - and smiled warmly; "It i... is v-very kind of you t... to say those things M... Myrr. I h... hope to prove y... y... y-you right." Looking down at her paws, quietly scraping in the mud of the bank, she added; "I... I o-only wish I could b... be so confident myself." But she would try her best; I have to!

Word count: 430

Thoughts”Speech”
Burtn @DA & Dawnthieves.de
(This post was last modified: Jul 24, 2014, 10:50 PM by Evann.)