556 Users Online
Google, Bing, Neo

tiptoe higher — Grizzly Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 31 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Katariina Aliisa Tuomela
@Rook <3

Settling in had never been an issue with her, and so it was. She had settled in nicely to the pack, claiming up a role without a proper title given her age and inexperience in the eyes of the leader, but nonetheless she had done more exploration of surrounding territories. So it was. She still felt as if she wasn’t doing enough for the pack, and it was that thought that bit at the busy bee, causing her to find the time to seek out Gaheris and ask him what more she could do. Her hazel maw tipped up towards the sky as she let out the call, requesting her leader’s presence. She was somewhere between the southern border to the pack lands and the center of the territory, maybe a quarter of the way into the cedar trees that had become familiar to her.

Slate grey eyes laced with curiosity kept their gaze on a swivel, making a note of each movement, and each change in direction that the wind provided. There were two sides to Katariina and how she thought. Part of her was a nature lover who buried herself in the sights other wolves often overlooked while this part of her, the part that took hold during her job, was the kind of wolf to get down to business and find out what she could do. In truth, one lived and the other died, but which one lived and which one died depended on the day, as the nigh they warred with each other, seeking to call themselves the one true aura of Katariina Aliisa Toumela.

She hummed gently to herself an old tune her mother had sung to her as a child, sitting back on her haunches and her rump as she awaited the arrival of their ever so busy leader, whom she had found herself looking up to. She looked up to both Quil and Rook, though she had never talked to Quil and had only spoken with Rook when she joined. Either way, she hoped that in the future she would come to know both of them better, and that was a goal she had. But for now, it was business.

(This post was last modified: Oct 05, 2015, 03:06 AM by Katariina.)
[Image: the_hashtag_collection__katariina_by_nig...976uss.png][Image: LMrosette01.png]
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall
A little bit of PP of brief muzzle grabbing. Let me know if I need to change it!

a million shards of glass that haunt me from my past

A call came up and through the forest and Rook had to pull himself from Borden's side. Just as he usually did, he pressed his nose to that gray-furred temple with a wistful gaze. Then, as quietly as he could manage, he slipped away through the trees, seeking through the trees for the woman who had summoned him. Breaking through the underbrush and sweeping past a few boulders, he finally saw her.

Despite his domineering and authoritative stance, he regarded her with a warm smile. It had been quite - nearly a month - a while since he had actually seen her apart from those few fleeting glances when he saw her in passing. He drew close enough to her as to briefly take her muzzle between his teeth, simply holding it there before releasing her completely. It might have been something a new gesture on his part but it had occurred to him now that he ought to establish his dominance, use it in such a way as to make it clear that he was neither a naive young man at the head of his father's pack nor a power hungry tyrant. He took one step back as to allow her to reclaim her personal space back. There was respect there and hopefully she would see that.

"Katariina," he acknowledged her in a quiet tone, opting to use her actual name within the confines of the pack grounds. "To what do I owe this pleasure? I hope you've settled in well?"

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.
Inactive V. Yearling
Katariina Aliisa Tuomela
@Rook - Your post was perf <3

She remained standing, her tail wagging in a steady pace as she anxiously awaited the arrival of her leader. “Calm down, Katariina.” She muttered to herself as she felt herself tense slightly. It was as if there were two sides to her – business and casual – and the topic of conversation depended on which side they saw. There was often a combination of the two, a grey area, and that was fine by her. Rook would arrive, her muzzle being grabbed as she submitted quickly, knowing it not to be some need for power but just a way to prove his dominance over her. It was quickly withdrawn and she relaxed a bit more, sitting down on her rump as she looked towards the multi-colored leader, avoiding eye contact out of instinct as he asked what it was he owed to this trip.

She chose her words carefully. “It is always a pleasure, Gaheris, and I’ve been settling in quite well, thank you for asking.” She would begin with a soft smile on her maw to match her chipper voice. “I’m here because of my role in the pack – I know I’m not quite old or experienced enough for an official pack role, but I do have an interest in scouting and diplomacy as I said when I joined… I was wondering if you had any assignments for me in regards to that. I’ve been checking out the surrounding areas and learning those as well as the homeland thus far.” Katariina, aka Morgan, explained to him, a nervous smile placed on her maw as she ran through an old lullaby in her head, one her mother had sung to her as a child. It helped to calm her nerves.

She asked a silent question, one he might not even pick up on depending on how well a wolf could know another after one meeting. Where did she stand? Here where I stand at the turning of the years? She kept her gaze on his fur, still avoiding his eyes since this was strictly pack business, though she had the fullest intention to get to know all of her packmates better, including the King and Queen, once she had settled in and developed herself more as a member of Grizzly Hollow.

[Image: the_hashtag_collection__katariina_by_nig...976uss.png][Image: LMrosette01.png]
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

a million shards of glass that haunt me from my past

She gracefully accepted his domineering deed and he continued to smile at her as she answered him. With a look that was more curiously scrutinizing, rather than judging, he looked her over. He sized her up, aware that with her physique and build she could be quite an asset. "Well, hmm," he mused, mentally writing off that she still had a few seasons yet until she could properly lobby for a role. "You're putting me on the spot." There was a hint of playfulness in his tone and a small wag to his tail.

"I'm not sure if I like it or not," it could have been a little inappropriate, honestly, but he knew where to draw the lines. He adjusted his stance, shifting his weight from his left to his right. "On a more serious note, though, I do believe you could do Lady Kay and I a few favors if it is the politics and the diplomacy you desire to delve into."

He allowed a span of silence to put a gap between his words as he thought, mulling over one idea over and over in his skull. "If you're willing to take some risk," he started, "and have a need to put your alias to use. I would very much like you to try to bring some herbs to Willow Ridge. Give them a peace offering on our behalf. See to it that @Elettra gets it. If not, then try again."

Inactive V. Yearling
Katariina Aliisa Tuomela
@Rook - Ugg, sorry this is really late/I suck.

She didn’t take his teasing to heart, a soft smile on her face as she let out a soft chuckle here or there, listening to him ramble on. Gaheris was a strange one, that was for sure, but then again so was she – perhaps he had seen that and was why he had accepted her in the first place. She embraced the fact that she wasn’t entirely normal, granted she found it difficult to read him; he seemed like a pretty relaxed guy himself. Then he fell back into a serious mood, saying that if she wanted something to do, he knew just the thing. It sounded like it would be dangerous and it only caused concern to rise for her, but a determination to help came with it, and that was never a bad thing with her.

He spoke of a woman and a pack, Elettra and Willow Ridge, and how she was to take them herbs as a peace offering, causing a small nod from her in understanding as she pondered the right questions to asked, as she had a few. She mulled them over before finally speaking, no hesitance in her voice, but more of a thirst to understand the situation fully before she walked into it blindly. “Is there anything I can expect? Any rage or hostility or perhaps some tension? I simply wish to clarify our current standings with them before I fabricate an approach.” It sounded like they were on bad terms based on the information she had been giving, her tail holding a slight wag. She would make this right, if it was the last thing she did. Such was her life, her passion if you will.

(This post was last modified: Nov 16, 2015, 11:08 PM by Katariina.)
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall
I NEVER SHOOT TO MISS

"You could ask Veho if you need help figuring out what plants might be best to bring," he suggested, not to belittle her or doubt her capabilities but to encourage her interaction with the rest of the pack and embolden her further in her task. "As for hostility, I expect so..." A frown found its way onto his masked face, trying hard to reword his sentences in order to not make the task sound dangerous in the least. In all truth, it wasn't all too risky, save for the fact that Sköll Archer could be watching or patrolling the borders where she might appear. He hummed briefly to himself as he thought, his eyes drifting to someplace not far from the space beyond the tip of his nose.

"I only ask that you do not go to war for me," he rumbled after some time, looking straight at her face and hoping she would understand. "This initiative is for peace, righting what I've been meaning to right since this pack's creation. Bring an offering to anyone who is willing to listen or accept it, but you must be aware of a dark, black-coated male named Sköll. Pale eyes, white on his chin. Tall. If he comes across your path, I don't care about the herbs, I want you to run." His gut churned and twisted as if to prevent his heart from falling into the pit of his stomach. A part of him was certain that those he had recruited into his little semblance of a recovered family could each hold their own; but, to imagine one such as Katariina stand her ground before the likes of his violence-driven cousin made the hairs at the back of his neck stand on end. The least he could do is warn her.

"I suggest you might want to seek out Angier, my uncle. He might be the best bet if you can't get to Elettra. Just... if you see Sköll, if you think you see Sköll, you make yourself scared. Understand? What business he has with us, is between me and him only."

ROOK LYALL

Inactive V. Yearling
Katariina Aliisa Tuomela

It was an assignment, something to do in order to benefit the pack, and she was more than happy to take it. Katariina gave a swift nod at his words, a slight inch of concern showing as he told her to expect some hostility when she did approach the pack. She could handle this… she would handle this and prove herself in a matter of way. He spoke of not going to war and that was when she broke her silence. “Rest assured I am not a creature of war… truthfully more of a flighter than a fighter.” She would admit as some semblance of putting his mind at ease if he happened to be worried. She understood completely, and did not like the lone woman approach, taking on an entire pack? That was definitely not her style.

It was a peace offering… but the mission came with one danger by name: Sköll. The name in itself sounded harsh against her ears as Rook gave her strict instructions to run, presumably as fast as she could. Elettra. Angier. Run if you see Sköll. Her mind slowly took each instruction to heart as she carefully thought out her plan, mind racing carefully. “I understand.” She promised again, hints of nerves though she wouldn’t be shaken from her path. She wasn’t violent, loathed it, but she was not easily deterred from a path set for her.v>

(This post was last modified: Dec 05, 2015, 09:28 PM by Sahalie. Edit Reason: needed an extra div )