402 Users Online
Google, Bing, Nadine, Apollo, Adelard

shackles of language — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Sarah who has 290 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote>
How was he supposed to know when the puppies would be ready for him. Or, in reality, it was not a question of whether the <i>puppies</i> were ready for him, but more of when the cult leader's <i>wife</i> would be ready for him. As it stood, the puppies needed him. They needed him every moment of every day, and they were only getting older and more heathen like as time ticked past. They had been ready for him the second they emerged squealing and gasping into this cruel, brutal world. It was the white beast that was not, however. Harboring that senseless, savage grudge, she had driven him away the first day.... But what if they were ready now? Was there a calendar? Was someone going to tell him? Probably not. Which was precisely why he trotted slowly through the foggy morning air, headed directly for that archaic and horrifyingly decrepit hollowed tree that Jayse had hidden the children away in.

What was he going to say when he got there? What would <i>she</i> say? The jumble of frustrated thoughts was confusing and murky, like a dark slime that was hard to wade through in order to get to a rational plan of action. Perhaps he would tell her what he had told Borden. He would roll over and grovel and play nice, feign innocent with a look of sickeningly sweet, fabricated candor. Would she fall for it? <i>Of course.</i> None of these heathens seemed to possess any sort of mental capacity or critical thinking skills. It seemed unlikely that she would even give it a second thought.

The massive copper saint stood at the edge of the clearing like an imperial lord, a bronze relic of a proud and fallen empire, the empire of Pangur. With ravenous amber eyes his gaze lingered on the shadowy hole at the base of the tree. He did not dare approach so soon. "<b>Jaysyek?</b>" he quipped softly, "<b>Are you there?</b>" He chased the hunger and greed out of his eyes, in case she would suddenly appear and catch such a look on his face. It was replaced by a beseeching, meek look, that shrunk his presence to the size of a rabbit. For all the world, he looked like a harmless little creature.
</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: May 23, 2011, 11:59 PM by Kiche.)
[Image: Kiche-porcisig2.jpg]
like my art? comission me!
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>The days went fast, too fast. It seemed like only yesterday she had gone from Jaysyek to mother. It'd been a little more than a seven sunsets in this rushing reality, and they were all growing so significantly there were small, noticable changes. She wanted to hold the picture of there little bundles in her mind for next year they would be little no more. The ash stroked wolf was sure she would miss this time, when the puppies needed her, when they wanted to be with their mother. She tried to put her worries, thoughts of the future out of her mind. Eyes traced over their delicate figures, and she nuzzled them softly before resting her own pair of eyes. They all were content now with full bellies, and a nap of her own sounded sweet. In the passing days she did best to eat what was brought to her, food or herbal remedies which helped much she wished she could do something in return for Elettra. She had yet to know what, and her mind worked hard, trying to think of something. Of coarse Borden was so gracious, and helpful but these were his children too.

Light sigh parted from her lips, she shifted her weight so slightly in the cozy dwelling. She was getting a little eager for a walk to stretch her legs, but she dare not part from the puppies. There was a worry for the missing second Vlarindara, and questions too. Where had she gone? Why? Was she okay? Was she coming back? Had she wanted to leave? Jayse did not know these questions, and Borden seemed sure Vlar would come back. Who could look for her? The puppies needed everyone here, and quiet almost unaudible whine dwelled in her throat. She missed the loyal, white lady. She missed not sharing the new blessings of the hollow with her. No one being able to find her, it made things worse. Things were about to get more interesting.

Nostrils detected the male before her ears heard him, and she curled more protectively around her children. No one was around, surely nearby, but not right here but him, and Jayse. The mother did not know why he was drawn to the newborns, and had good reason to be leery of him. Ears pinned to her skull, and she tugged in a new wave of oxygen. She tried to tell herself the male might be trying to redeem himself. She was hoping for that, and assuming he wouldn't change was making her a hypocrite. But the truth was she needed hard evidence to really believe he was harmless. <b>"I am, is there something you need Kiche?"</b> Tone was tinged with her authority, played with question. He had been smart to keep away this long, but she wanted to get to the point - what did Kiche want with her children.</blockquote>
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><ul><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>man, is it sad that kiche is almost about to surpass ozera's post count? xD -kicks ozzie- BE LESS LAME!</span></li></ul>Her resolute suspicions rose out of the umbrage in the form of a question. <i>Your children,</i> was what he longed to respond. <i>I need your children.</i> But such a response would probably sentence him to an immediate violent end. He paused thoughtfully at the edge of the trees as contemplated his answer. What came out of his mouth seemed innocent enough to him, "<b>I just... I need to speak with you.</b>" Was that too demanding? "<b>That is, if you're not busy,</b>" he tagged on as an afterthought. If he was going to win her over today, he might as well milk it for all it was worth.

Not taking a single step towards the den, he slumped to a recline and then slid forward on his forelegs so that he was lying down. Idly, his tail brushed back and forth in the dirt, sending up small, whilring clouds of dust behind him. Some of the ashes fell back down on to his fur, covering him in a thin layer of grime, which made him sneer as a force of habit. For some reason though, perhaps out of nerves from all the pressure this encounter put on him, he could not bring his tail to stop. Resignedly, his head fell with a thump between his forepaws as he watched the yawning mouth of darkness that he knew held at least two newborn souls.

</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote><i>X) lol porr zera. i did look at his post and laugh. he has 123 post, i was like one, two, three.</i>

There was some change in the brute, for the better? Time would only tell. That was all she could do, wait and see how real this was. If this was who he was or what. She really didn't understand him, or have a clue about him. But he had his chance, and if he managed to screw that up, cross that invisible boundry this time, he would be out of here in a heartbeat. She was still worn from the birth, not to the point she couldn't protect what mattered. Maybe, just maybe he knew that.

Ears tipped slightly upward at his tone, and her eyes could just make out his red rump. He was close, closer than what she preffered, but in reality she probably didn't even want him a mile within her children so for the time being his chosen spot would do. He clearly plumped himself down, and she wasn't about to shoo him. She quietly breathed another breath. It was clear she was mauling his words over. An unpleasant smirk pressed her lips, not busy? Sure she wasn't doing a heck of a lot, she had grown the children, gotten them into the world, all hard work, right now it didn't seem like much. Their lives were still fragile. Eyelids pressed tight, she could sleep later. Right now she wanted to get to the bottom of this. <b>"Speak away,"</b> she offered ready to listen.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote>
Her tone offered nothing more than an invitation to speak, cryptic. Kiche wished there had been some sort of inflection in her voice, some little hint that would tell him which course or direction to take. But there was nothing, and he felt as if he were about to plunge blindly into a dark cave. Perhaps there would be an opening at the end, deliverance in the form of bright sunlight. Or perhaps it there was a monster waiting for him somewhere in the depths, a dead end waiting to seal his fate. Swallowing with some difficulty, there was several moments of silence that followed as he tried to compose himself and his thoughts. Where to begin, where to begin.

"<b>Jayse, I'm really sorry about what happened.... with that other.. hea-wolf.</b>" Maybe he was more nervous than he had thought? He had almost slipped up there. The term heathen, although it was the name of their species, seemed to cause some sort of resentment, and it had almost slipped out. Almost. "<b>I've thought a lot about it. And... And I'm really sorry. And I know that doesn't change anything. How I treated her, how I acted towards you, but I'm going to try and change.</b>" Sure, he sounded sincere enough. How could Jayse possibly doubt him? Surely, parts of it where the truth. He <i>had</i> thought a lot about it, even if he knew it wouldn't change anything. The parts about being sorry, though, were obviously lies. And while he <i>was</i> trying to change, to become someone the heathens would accept, it was all an illusion. Smoke and mirrors.

However, he was not finished. "<b>And, I guess... I should. I should explain myself. Not excuse, just explain. When that all happened, I didn't understand where you were coming from. And... well, it's just. You didn't know where I was coming from. And even if I know why what I did was wrong... you still don't trust me... and. I just want you to... I guess... understand why I did... why I do what I do.</b>" Sure. Ninety percent of that was truth. In reality, he didn't give a damn about whether anyone but Aisling and the puppies knew anything about him. "<b>I, I used to live with humans, you see. Up until recently, I was... well, I was part of their family, and I grew up with a lot of the things I saw, with a lot of the morals of the society around me. And. One day, well, one day I was taken away... and... there was... a car crash</b>" — leave it to her to figure out what a car crash was — "<b>I was just... lost. In this place I had never seen before. And it just... seemed so dirty. And things... were just so... savage and... scary and. No one was like me. No one believed in the things I believed. And. I don't know. I had to put up a lot of walls to defend myself. Or at least. I thought I did.</b>" No, he still thought so. God, he felt so dirty right now.
</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: May 26, 2011, 05:41 PM by Kiche.)
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>It was time his intentions were know, and if he should be allowed to stay in the pack. His words would help or hurt him, and he should know that by this time. There was so many unspoken things, it was unclear what was being taken from the silence. His silence now seemed to be a moment for him to decide what to say for he did have much to explain of himself. She would not help ease any discomfort. He had put himself in this position, and it would be mostly by his actions if things changed. He either wanted to stay in the pack, get along, or he didn't. It was black or white, no shades of grey. Besides she had tried to help him, and it had failed.

Pale cran titled a degree while her tongue was held silent , the ginger wolf beginning his explanation. She wanted him to fully say his piece of things, and did not interrupt. She listened over each word, turning them around, weighing their genuine worth, neither the puppies or her stirring throughout his speech. She found it hard to believe him. He seemed different than the wild animal she had reprimanded. Could he really have changed? Know what he did was wrong? Could he had just been having a bad day, a hard time adjusting? Words played the true part, but for what she thought was real hung in the balance. He was not done. She was a little surprised to find out he lived with humans, though it could explain some of his odd behavior. Excuse it? Maybe. Now they were finally getting somewhere, and she knew something at least about this creature. Though she wasn't sure what a car crash was. It did not sound good.

Kiche fell silent, and she let the quiet keep for a time. Things did make more sense, and she remembered how had Aisling told her she thought Kiche had came from someplace different. She wanted to trust him, but was worried the beast he had become would return. And right then, it was only hiding waiting to revive itself. Her worst fear was it would be a leitmotif.

A heavy sigh, she looked to the brown male. "Kiche, I accept your apology, and count on it never happening again," her words were coated in her tone of authority, and she did best to look him in the eye. She wanted to make it clear if any more funny business he could consider his life at stake. Slowly her expression softened a degree, and she continued not as harshly, "And your right, it will be long time before you have my trust, but I understand you come from a different place, where things were different, and I'm sure out here is very scary. I have seen humans from a distance, and a met some dogs who lived with them. I can't imagine what it feels like to be so far from home, out here without them, and for that I am sorry. But honestly I do want you to be happy here, feel like you belong. I am sure your here because you want to redeem yourself, to be part of this family?" Face was almost kind as she stared at him with her question hanging in the air. She was talking about the pack in general, but also the puppies, herself, and Borden. </blockquote>
(This post was last modified: May 31, 2011, 10:09 PM by Jaysyek.)
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><ul><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>finish this up soon? :O since it's like wikid old xD</li></ul></span>
<i>Apology accepted.</i> His heart lurched with a sickening sort sort of happiness. While the war was not over, while she still did not trust him, this battle would be tallied as a victory, a step <i>towards</i> her trust, which was his ultimate goal. At the moment, he wasn't sure how much longer it would be, but he supposed that it could not be all that much longer. Borden, after all, was on his side, and as this heathen's mate, could only be seen as an asset. Maybe Kiche wouldn't have to do anything at all, after this. Maybe unknowingly, Borden, as stupid as he was, could do all the work for him. Maybe he already was. Hopeful dreams crawled out of the darkness of his subconscious, clicking and crooning happily at the delightful future they saw before them. With the cult-leader's trust, doors and opportunities would be opened to him, enough to make him squeal and whine with joy. However, to express these squirming, sanguine feelings would be to give too much away. A simple, unadorned, a grateful smile fluttered about his mouth.

That she expressed sentiments of wanting him to be happy and a part of things meant little. <i>He</i> most certainly did not want to belong here, but it was of little concern to him, as he never would. These silly, trifling, notions did, however, indicate that things did indeed lean in his favor, and showed that beyond whatever misgivings the savage had, she did seem to <i>want</i> to believe him. Now more than ever, he felt as if he dreams were on the cusp of reality, and that he stood on the edge of something great. Almost there, almost there. But had he let too much silence fall between them? Caught up in his hopeful raptures, the pause might have seemed a bit long. But he pretended he was just distracted by the rich promise of family —although it made him gag to even think of it. A family of heathens, how despicable. Now he allowed himself to use all of his hopeful ecstasy, to unleash it under the disguise of a desire to belong and redeem himself. He thought he seemed convincing enough, "<b>More than anything, Jayse, I just want to be a</b> <i>part</i> <b>of something more than just myself. And being here, with all of you, has given me more hope than I had ever allowed myself.</b>" Besides, most of that wasn't a lie. He did want to be part of something bigger than himself, he wanted to be a part of God, a part of everything good and pious. And being here, with the puppies, <i>did</i> give him hope, being with Aisling, who actually <i>spoke</i> to God, well that gave him even greater hope. Lying was much easier when it was just a bend of reality. "<b>Just give me a chance.</b>"
</blockquote>