675 Users Online
Google, Bing

Chance Encounter — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
@Athena

Another long day of hunting for the pack had passed with a little more luck than he'd had the day before.  Though if he were honest with himself he hadn't really been trying.  He'd had a lot on his mind as of late and knew that he needed to make a decision about the role he wanted to take up soon.  He had put those thoughts aside for one day to hunt for the pack and bring in something to add to the cache to help his pack out.  For the time being it was all that he could do to prove his worthiness to be in the pack. After leaving his catch in the cache he thought a dip in the lake would be refreshing before settling in for the night.

Of course there was no one he would rather visit the lake with than Des so he went to see if he could find her.  The communal den was his first stop in case she was resting after a long day of scouting which he was sure she'd had.  When he didn't find her there he figured she hadn't returned yet so decided to head to the lake on his own.  Halfway there a scent caught his attention, it was new yet familiar all the same though he couldn't place it. "Is someone there?" he called into the forest around him before waiting for a response.  He didn't know if the owner of the scent was still in the area but he would wait for a few moments at least in hopes of putting a face and name to the scent.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Oct 15, 2015, 02:06 AM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Arya who has 547 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
I thought, heaven can't help me now
nothing last forever
but this is gonna take me down

The twice regal Queen of the Lake had strayed far from the communal pack den for quite some time since her arrival back into the pack she had founded. Her face was a rarity to the other pack members as she stuck to the shadows and mountain. Athena kept to herself as she did her duties as a subordinate, filling the cache when she could and patrolling the borders. At night, she’d stick to her old Poison Path den away from theothers. Though it was like she was ghost, anyone could catch her scent on the border trails or by the caches depositing kills. The old Queen was doing her duties, but was like ghost as you would only catch glimpses of her white body before she disappeared intothe shadows once more.

Today she ventured a little closer to the pack den, perhaps to catch a glimpse of the pack’s cubs or the woman Vesper named as his wife. Athena wasn’t quite sure why she ventured that close to the hidden cove, but the sound of someone approaching from the den, made her freeze. Her white body had already been in the shadow of the trees, but she escaped the approaching wolf’s sight behind a pile of fallen pine trees. The rapid sound of her heartbeat pounded in her head as she craned her neck to see who perhaps it was.

When the sound of a male voice calling out, her breath that she unknowingly withheld was let out in a sigh of relief. The voice didn’t belong to Vesper and it obviouslywasn’t his mate. Climbing over the pile of fallen pines, “Sorry if I disturbed you,” she answered him as she moved to approach this pack mate she had yet to meet. The male was a fine specimen of their species. Thick, large, and seemingly powerful, FallenTree Cove did good in accepting this male. “I am Athena Moon, it’s a pleasure to meet you,” she gracefully stated a smile gracing her features.

(This post was last modified: Oct 15, 2015, 02:55 AM by Athena.)
|| Ash is welcome to make an appearance in any thread. ||
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika’s search for Des had become derailed by the scent of another wolf, one that he had not met and he wasn’t one to pass up the chance to meet one of his pack mates. Besides he figured that Des was still out scouting the borders anyway and there was no telling where she might be. He would probably be better off waiting for her by the den.So being sidetracked by this new scent was a nice surprise that made him curious to who it might belong to. As he waited for a reply to his inquiry he tried to see through the trees for the approach of the wolf but he thought that whoever it was had to be very good at keeping themselves hidden from sight.

He was not however expecting the sight that greeted him when she finally showed herself, the scars on her face. They weren’t as disturbing as Primroses but it was still quite the surprise when they weren’t expected and he was curious about what had happened. However it wasn’t in his nature to show that he had noticed them or to speak of them at least until they got to know each other a little better. After all it might be something that she wasn’t comfortable talking about. Though he did have to admit that once he looked past her scars she was an attractive wolf.

Kajika shook his head, “Don’t be silly,” he told her, “You didn’t disturb me at all.”  He wouldn’t ever consider the meeting of a pack mate a disturbance, “I was curious as to who was out there,” he added. He watched her as she approached him while she introduced herself, “That’s a pretty name, “I’m Kajika and the pleasure is all mine,” he stated as he reached his nose out to take in more of her scent, “Have you recently joined Fallen Tree cove?” He inquired since he didn’t remember seeing her at the meeting they’d had.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Oct 16, 2015, 11:29 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
'cause what about, what about angels?
They will come, they will go, make us special
Don't give me up

Gazing lightly across Kajika's body, her fiery eye inspecting him quietly. She knew he was doing the same inspection upon her, though there was no hint of unexpected surprise in his eyes when he gazed at her scars that marred her face. Athena had been a graceful beauty in her younger ages, though she was still held that evident attractiveness, there was now a hint of wisdom and knowledge in her eyes and features that once held just careless youth. The years certainly changed the ivory woman, not just in her face, but also her mind and heart. Especially her heart. Athena could see the true nature in ones eyes quite easily now as she has had numerous years to practice this fine art. The eyes were always the gates to one's soul. No matter how hard they tried to keep the key away from any grasping claws, she could see inside and discover the true person they really were. That was the intuition that her dear mother had taught her.

A smile graced her ebony lips as he complimented her given name, a polite nod was given in his direction. With introductions given, Kajika went on to inquire if she had joined Fallen Tree Cove recently. It was true, Athena was certainly the most recent acceptance into the Lake pack, however, he didn't realize she was the very woman that claimed these lands and recruited the founding members for this clan. She had founded this pack, but for now she'd keep that information quiet. "Yes, a few weeks ago, though I've been in these lands for years, especially in this territory," she answered, perhaps giving too much information to him, but perhaps he wouldn't think anything of it.

The Lost Lake had been her home for many years. She had helped found the Poison Path pack underneath Naira and Rhysis, becoming their second in command above Ava. After the birth of the alpha's first litter, they had tragically disappeared in a storm, leaving two pups behind. Athena rose up and lead Poison Path for over a year and a half until it was disbanded. She has been within many packs in the Lore, but the Lake was where her heart and home was no matter where she went.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

As he gazed upon the white female he had to admit that when he had stopped to find out who the scent belonged to he wasn’t expecting what he’d found.  Her scars had been the first things that he had noticed about her.  It was a bit of a surprise and part of him felt that was always how it was when another wolf appeared with such distinct scars.  Though he was rather curious about her scars he though better for outright asking about them but he did hope that perhaps one day she might share with him how she had gotten them.  For now he thought it best that they at least get acquainted since they were pack mates and he wanted to get to know all of them.  After all of he was to have a role in the pack he thought it a good idea to get to know everyone and they him as well.

Her answer to his question was a little disappointing, that she had been in Fallen Tree Cove for a few weeks and he was just now meeting her.  He wonder why it was only now that he had noticed her scent but figured it was because he had been too preoccupied with his own thoughts as of late.  That was how it was sometimes with him when big decisions had to be made and he had been working a lot out lately.  “I haven’t been in Fallen Tree Cove that long either,” he admitted.  As she spoke about having been in the territory a long time it piqued his curiosity once more.  ”What made you finally decide to join? If you don’t mind my asking?”

He knew from experience that the decision to join a pack wasn’t an easy one for him and he thought that it might be for others though he wasn’t sure that they might hesitate for the same reasons.  He was sure that she probably had her own reasons just as Veho’d had his for hesitating in joining the pack that he had been thinking of.  Another question entered his mind then, “Were you alone all of this time?” He knew how hard it was being out on one’s own and could imagine being a loner for years.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Oct 29, 2015, 02:28 AM by Kajika.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
When everything is made to be broken
i bleed just to know i'm alive

It wasn't a surprise that Athena hasn't met most of her pack mates yet even though she's been with these lands for quite some time. She made it her mission to avoid them. Why put herself in a position she wasn't comfortable with yet? Her heart was still healing from the blow Vesper gave her and she wasn't quite ready to open herself up again to anyone, especially strangers. Though, Kajika seemed like a good man, it was sometimes the nicest that fooled you the easiest. The vixen knew that by repeated experience. She has been deserted by many lovers and mates, leaving her a single mother or lonely leader. So perhaps it was the time to close her heart off completely.

Though she wasn't one to tell her life story to someone she just recently met, she felt she may need to get part of her pain off her chest somehow. While she avoided everyone willingly, she didn't want to keep her pain to herself all bottled up inside her. Athena knew the dangers of that. She was her worst enemy in times like this. "I hurt someone and I needed to make it right by him. He needed to know the truth and I needed to take away all the pain I gave him. Even though, he has a future with someone else. Her words were soft, but there was an ache in her voice as she looked off to the side of him. Not able to look at him just yet, she continued on. "I promised to make it right, but I can't see this being my home for much longer after that."

Glancing at him for a second, she could see his eyes weren't those of judgement, but she will always feel like those around her criticize her every move. His eyes gave her peace, however, made her feel slightly safe to tell him everything that was on her mind. He asked if she had been alone for all this time and she chuckled sadly, "I've always been alone."

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

When Kajika had asked Athena about her decision to join Fallen Tree Cove he hadn’t really been expecting an answer with any detail. After all they had only just met and he wasn’t fool enough to think she would trust him right away. Even with Des it had taken some time for her to finally open up to him. Perhaps he was wrong though as she told him exactly why she had come to be his pack mate. Her openness did surprise him a little, he chose not to question it, and instead he nodded to show that he understood.

As she spoke Kajika could see the sadness in her eyes and he felt sympathy for her. He was not one to judge because he had experience with doing things that made him want to make things right. He hoped that she would have more success then he’d had. “I know about wanting to make things right, it can be a heavy burden to carry,” he said trying to put the sympathy and understanding that he felt in his tone. She spoke of having caused pain to someone and he couldn’t help but wonder, “Is he here in Fallen Tree Cove?” the question was out before he could stop it but he did not wish to take it back. Then he continued, “I imagine making things right with him might seem difficult with him having a future with someone else but if it’s something that you both need I think it is worth it to try and a promise is a promise,” he said offering her what he hoped would be a reassuring smile. Being who he was Kajika could not help but add, “If you need anything I would be happy to help you any way I can.” The part that she said about Fallen Tree Cove not being her home for much longer after she had done what she came to do bothered him some, “Why would you leave after you make it right?”

He had hoped when he’d asked her if she had been alone all this time that she hadn’t, she seemed much too nice. That hope however was dashed when she said she was always alone. It was the way she said it that had him disappointed for her, “Maybe it’s time that changed?” He suggested.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Oct 30, 2015, 01:58 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
Athena Moon
But I still need love 'cause I'm just a woman. These nights never seem to go to plan. I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?

She knew she had said a lot more than she initially wanted to, but the vixen couldn't help it when the words started slipping out of her jaw. Without someone to confide in and talk about what was creating so much turmoil inside her, it wasn't a surprise to have her find comfort in a shoulder to lean on. He was completely right about her promise of turning things around for Vespertio being a heavy burden. The once regal and confident leader was now nervous with herself and her abilities to change and prove herself. She has never been one to like change or prove her worth. It was always others that had to prove their worth to her like she had Vespertio prove himself worthy of alpha by gathering members for the creation of Fallen Tree Cove. Now, the tables seemed to be turned and the stakes higher for her this time around.

"Yes, he is," she answered quietly. It wouldn't be tough to figure out who she was talking about. Only two other males reside within the cove besides Kajika. He seemed like an intelligent man, so she was sure he would figure out who she was talking about easily. He was right again. She did need to make it right in order to feel like she was indeed a changed woman, but the fact there was certainly no way for her to go back to his side like she wanted(she could with force, but that wasn't ideal in her situation), dampened her motivation. Kajika continued to offer his help in anything that she needed. Though, she needed to do this on her own to prove to Vesper she could, she did need someone to find some sort of friendship and comfort in while she stayed in her home that was so foreign to her now. "I just need company, perhaps." She suggested, a small smile gracing her features for a moment.

The dark cloaked man continued to question her, but this time she wasn't sure of her answer. "I'm not sure... The memory of my mistake is all around. How can I get away from it if it surrounds me?" She just felt like she couldn't stand to stay beneath Namid and the constant memory of her mistake that would be around her everywhere she went. There would be no outlet for her if she stayed. Unless she wasn't alone. "Perhaps, you're right," she murmured, her fiery gaze glancing up to his for moment as a real smile fell on her ebony lips once again. Perhaps he could be the comfort she needed.

And deep down I know this never works, but you can lay with me so it doesn't hurt?
(This post was last modified: Nov 16, 2015, 03:09 AM by Athena.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It was a lot to take in all that Athena had confided in him despite this being the first time they had met. His surprise at her openness had worn off as the seriousness of her conflict settled in. What she wanted to accomplish was something that couldn't be taken lightly nor would it be easy. Kajika did not think he would be able to help her directly, that she would have to do on her own but he was sure he could be there for her for whatever else she might need. Which was why he hadn't hesitated to offer his help. Though if he were honest with himself he would have done so regardless of whether or not he thought he could help. Perhaps he could help her enough that the burden he thought she must feel might not be so great.

It was not a surprise when she confirmed his thought that the male she spoke of was in Fallen Tree Cove. Since this was the first time they had met it could not be him which left their alpha or Nathaniel. It wasn't hard to decide which of the two she meant, "Vespertio," he said quietly but confident in his deduction. Despite this knowledge he could and would not go back on his offer though it wasn't really clear what he could do to help. At least that was true until she stated that a companion was what she needed. Kajika returned her smile, "I can be that for you," he told her. A friend and confidant was something he was sure he could be for her. He was sure that what she had already told him or would tell him would be kept to himself.

Athena had a point when she spoke of the memory of her mistake being all around her. Kajika gave her question some thought before he answered but finally he felt he had some words that might give her some comfort. "It might always be there but maybe once you have made things right you can move on from it and make memories that make it easier to be here. I believe that mistakes should never be forgetting as much pain as they may bring. Eventually they may even be cherished for the important lessons we learn from them." Knowing what it felt like to be truly alone Kajika wouldn't wish it upon anyone especially Athena. From what she'd told him so far he felt she'd spent far too much time alone. He returned her smile when she said he might be right. "Maybe by telling me what you have, letting me in, it's your opportunity to change things? To not be alone anymore."

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Nov 16, 2015, 09:30 AM by Kajika.)