(See All?) Announcements
441 Users Online

Alone — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Adalae who has 75 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adonia Valde
There Adonia stood, on the other side of the lake and looking into Swift River territory. She never thought the circumstances that brought her here would occur, but by now she really had no where else to turn. What else could she do? There was only one person left to talk to, and that was Triell. Adonia realized that the promise she had made to Triell to meet him again would come sooner than they both thought.

The lapping of the water soothed her anxiety and panicked feelings, though only for a moment. How would this play out? Was she officially not a part of the Midnight Plateau pack anymore? Where had her packmates gone to? All of these questions swirled through her mind like a tornado, and she rooted her paws deep into the dirt leading to the river as if she would fly away if she let the pressure go. For a moment Adonia considered turning back, but then she once more came to her senses. There was no where to return to. This was only in her hands now.

With a hesitation that was alien to her, she raised her head and let a melodious howl fly, calling for Triell. What if he doesn't come? What will I do now? What if all the wolves disappeared from their packs and moved on without her? That question plagued her often enough, and it seemed more real than it ever had before. The she-wolf supposed that she would have to do the one thing she never considered; one thing she never thought she would have to do. Her heart pounded at the thought of it... Of putting all her faith in someone else...

Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote>Cold liquid dripped from his soaked coat. He had doused himself in the river, and was stretched out, in the shade of a willow tree staring at the rushing water. It was significantly large with the runoff, and seemed more fierce for it's rhythem was nothing like a trickling stream. It was a pounding rush of power, yet steady on it's coarse. He wondered if that's how he would describe the pack of Swift River. Steady, and strong. Everyone was kind, how could a river be kind? It was a soft spot? Grin flickered on his black lips, amused by his thoughts. He really needed to talk to someone, he felt like a nut with quiet thoughts in his head. <i>Maybe, when you mutter outloud,</i> he told himself inwardly, another grin cracking on his features. He quickly he whisked it away, resting his jaws on his forelimbs, heaving a great sigh.

The lad had scouted the north lands looking for any change, Ozera, Marsh, even Borlla. He hadn't run into anybody, and the sun hot he decided to soak in the river. First it'd kept him busy, and than it just got boring. Here he was contemplating on taking a nap, enter a world that wasn't reality. A place he didn't have to think, things came and went. Besides he could use the short
rest.

Slowly humming a deep song, something he had been making up the lad's eyelids drooped. The shade beckoned him to stay, and he rolled onto his side thinking of no one thing. He was caught in the place not asleep, but almost when a female's tune called out for him. alerted he jerked to sit, ears directing to this call. <i>Adonia?</i> He hadn't been expecting her this soon.

Lips were turned downward, a worried frown their shape. Was something wrong? Thoughts pressed to Weldering, and her Alpha. Was she in trouble for being his friend. Strong limbs pushed him up to full heigth, and the back of his neck prickled. Something didn't seem right, and he picked up a swift lope to her location. It didn't take long for him to find her, and he let out a sharp bark to draw her attention. He was here.

Approaching, he halted a good yard from her. <b>"Adonia, everything alright?"</b></blockquote>
<i>sorry for missing the i in her name. and if i keep spelling yours wrong i see words differently than what they are sometimse :X</i>
(This post was last modified: May 30, 2011, 09:55 PM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Adonia Valde
For a few moments, all was deathly silent. He's not coming, he's not coming, he's not coming... she repeated her head over and over, trying to convince herself it was true. If he doesn't come, it must be dream.. it just has to be.. please.. She pleaded to the world, begging that she would simply wake up with her packmates sprawled around her, chatting and smiling happily at one another. Suddenly a black male wolf approached her, and the she-wolf's heart beated even more intensely in her chest. He came! "T-T-Triell.." she stuttered, looking at him. The male wolf stood back from her. Did he sense something was wrong?

"I...I...I don't know what to do... I feel so.." The female looked down on the shore, watching the water with her golden eyes. It was hard to speak this word out loud.. She didn't know if she could manage it. Above all, she couldn't look at the other wolf as she said it. She kept her eyes trained down on the ground as she spoke the last word. "helpless. All of Midnight Plateau... They're just.. gone. I'm alone. I waited for so long. The territory scents faded, all of my pack mates disappeared. Alexander is gone. When I went to look for the pups they.. they... Finally, the core of what she was saying. Adonia spitted it all out in one breath, just wanting the words to leave her jaws and her mind.

"They were gone.." the female whispered.

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote>Uncertainy was written on his black face. His bright eyes searched hers, and than to her body for possible injuries. She did not seem hurt, not on the outside. His ears cupped forward he stood tall not wanting to appear weak, or shaken. She seemed enough for the both of them, and upon his name he took a step forward with many a question in his fiery eyes. He did not voice them, but looked waiting, listening as her unsteady voice continued.

Something was wrong, and he did not like seeing his new friend in this state. It didn't seem like her, and it took a moment for her to explain what the matter was. Though her eyes did not meet his, he kept his trained on her, and his eyes widening when she said all her packmates were gone.

How could that be? A whole pack gone? He could not doubt her, she was clearly lost, unknowing what to do, shaken. He stepped up, and nudged her shoulder with his muzzle, resting his head for a brief second. <b>"That's not good, but we'll figure something out,"</b> he said with a strong, and steady voice despite how unsure he was.

His mind thought of Indru. Would he know what to do? Would he know why a whole pack had vanished? Could Adonia stay here? Would she want to. The black wolf withdrew a step, trying to get her to look at him. <b>"It's okay, I'm sure you could stay here, least you'll be safe."</b></blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Adonia Valde
Adonia closed her eyes as Triell approached and put his muzzle on her, though only for a second. How could he know how it feels? Why was he making it sound so simple? "We'll figure it out." Those words seemed to slip so easily from his mouth.. as if no emotion was attached to it. Irritation flicked through her whole body, followed by anger, and then by anguish. What was she doing? Why was she so panicked? This isn't like me at all.. she thought to herself. But what else about her was different? Nothing. It was only her pack. As she thought about it, the words trickled into her mind. It isn't only about Midnight Plateau... Midnight Plateau is everything.. Until now, the she-wolf hadn't realized how much Midnight Plateau had meant to her. It was only her second pack after all, and all those bitter emotions from being a loner swelled inside her. MP had given her meaning, and life. It had changed her wholly and completely. Since joining the pack, Adonia had gained some avoirdupois; her figure was fuller and her fur shined. Before then.. bones could be seen through her shedding pelt and her dull eyes looked out through a tired looking face. Then, no more. She was free.

Once more, she was now faced with the same issue again. The one that had brought her an in numerous amount of trouble and fear. She would be a loner.. again. Who knew how long Swift River could house her? What if they didn't accept her, if she did decide to join? She was an enemy wolf.. and until she knew what had happened to her pack, and if they were still alive, the she-wolf was sure she would continue to be considered as such. As all these thoughts raced through her brain, Adonia realized that Triell had ceased to talk. She wondered what to say. How could you put these thoughts into words? How would he ever understand? Just as Adonia would never be able to truly understand how it felt to have her homeland lost to fire, Triell would never be able to feel the emotions attached to what she was going through now. Had he even ever been a loner? The female wolf turned her head up to Triell with a look of pure anguish and locked gazes with him. She held this for a couple of seconds, faltered, and then looked back down at the river. The female then released the saddest and most hopeless sigh she ever had before. "I don't know Triell... I just don't know." was all she said; all she could manage. Adonia hoped her tone would simply convey it all.

(This post was last modified: May 31, 2011, 01:54 AM by Adonia.)
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote>The black wolf had no idea what to do for his friend. He could not tell her why her pack was gone, or where they went. He couldn't fix this, but he did want her to know he was here for her. He was sure Indru would let her stay, how long, and part of the pack that would be up to them. And if she didn't want to stay here, he'd understand, and he wouldn't blame her if she went back to the mountain to try to figure things out. In fact he would help her, if that was her choice. It was the least he could do if he called himself her friend. Wide ears swiveled against the side of his skull. His tail was tucked, the silence of fate <span class='word'>wiredrawn</span> around them, without knowing what was to be. Lips tucked in a hard frown, he could see how bad this was hitting his friend. He tried to relate, what would it be like to return to Swift River and everyone be gone? That would be a shock, and he doubted he would know what to do. Sure look for everyone, but what if they couldn't be found.

Muffled breath fled from his lips. Head nodded briefly, understanding how lost she must feel. He may not have been much of a lone wolf, but he did know what it felt like to have your life uprooted. It just wasn't fair. Soft whine coaxed from his throat, seeing her torment. <b>"I'm sorry Adonia, I..I don't know what it's like to be forced to find a new home, but I promise I'll help you. If you stay here, or want to figure out what happened we can do it together."</b> Voice was sturdy, and he gently nosed underneath her chin while his tail beat faintly behind him. The choice was hers. </blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Adonia Valde
Adonia thought for a moment, fighting back the tears and anger. I didn't do anything! This isn't fair! Immediately words inside her head responded to the statement. Life isn't fair. You should have learned that by now. She knew that she couldn't just sit there forever and let the grass grow, but her limbs wouldn't extend to allow her to walk. It seemed like her whole body had just shut down in shock after she had finally found Triell. Nothing really seemed to matter anymore. The thought that she was overreacting never breached her mind, though she did try to wall up the pain. Finally, she gave up and let it wash over her. The fear of the future, and for her friends well beings overpowered anything else. A second sigh escaped from her jaws and faded into the silence. Triell's quiet murmurings soothed her. Perhaps everything could turn out okay? She had to put faith in that, at least. Her friend was trying, and right now that is all she could ask of him. What else, in reality, could he do? It was time to go along with what he was saying, and Adonia convinced herself of this. Her lanky legs just didn't seem to follow her thinking, and she stood there frozen to the ground.

"..O...Okay Triell. I trust you. I can.. try Swift River.. I guess." The feeling that she had an actual plan finally loosened her limbs and she could think even more clearly. "I'll follow you anywhere." The she wolf attempted a small smile. For now it was just finding shelter. Next, it was time to go clue hunting. Hopefully Triell would be willing to go with her.

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote>There wasn't much more he could do. He stood undaunted, as her support. He wasn't sure what thoughts what went on her head, and part of him didn't want to know. He was waiting for a break down, but she manged to hold herself rather well he thought. She was a strong wolf, and he admired that. A sigh coaxed from her lips, and his wide ears flipped up. He looked for signs of change. She appeared to be a bit shell shocked, unmoved for the most part. He let out a quiet whine, wondering what was going on behind her gold eyes. Hoping she wasn't catonic or something. He really wouldn't be able to help her, so he doubted.

Light voice hit the air, and brought back some kind of sense. Her smile was barely detectable, but a start. Black banner waved behind him, and he pushed a smile on his own face. <b>"Come on then, you can come meet my family, and when your ready to look on the mountain I'll come with you."</b> His words were of certainy, and he took a step away, trying to encourage her to move further.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Adonia Valde
Adonia pawed the ground in nervousness at the thought of 'meeting the family'. Who knew how they would react to her? They DID share genes with Triell though, so they couldn't be that bad, could they? The she-wolf gave another heavy sigh and then looked at Triell with tired eyes. Seeing his excitement, she couldn't help but crack another similar smile to the one before. <i>I am okay.. I am okay.. everything will be alright. Triell and I will get to the bottom of this.</i> For now, however, she would have to comply with Triell's wishes.
<b>"Okay."</b> she said quietly, not being a wolf of many words at the moment. <b>"Show me the way."</b>