(See All?) Announcements
341 Users Online
Google, Bing, Apollo, Armand, Adelard

on the edge — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kira who has 198 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;"> Even though he was thrilled and enamored to be able to protect an injured woman from harm through the entire course of the night, the thought of Amelie’s children dead worried him. Even if they had not been his own, he knew that that alone would plague her heart and he could not fathom a broken-hearted soul such as her. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“Why would she abandon them?” was a question he meant to ask himself but instead voiced it aloud with a slight crack in his voice.
Apparently, Amelie was a woman that Inkheart had judged the wrong way. Through his eyes she would never have left her one day old children alone, so what was so important that she had to walk away from them for? Perhaps it was then that his feelings for her being to disintegrate into nothing or maybe it was the fact that she was no longer unattainable. Either way, he no longer felt the urge to show off to her that he was better than the man she had snagged.
In hopes to digress from the current topic he began to press forward in the direction he assumed was the direction of home. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“Come then,” he smiled and motioned forward, <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“let’s get some rest and perhaps we can brainstorming together about where a new pack could be. You know the Midnight Plateau wolves better than I do so you will do better with convincing those to join.”

i'm always looking for threads, so message me if you'd like one!
Played by Switch who has 85 posts.
Inactive No Rank
    we are all decieving, lost, and bleeding.

His paticular question didn't startle her. She had asked herself that, and who wouldn't wonder why a mother would leave her pups. The tip of her tail flicked, and she drew in a short breath before letting it out. "Honestly? I have no idea. She was rather sweet, really. I don't know if something happened to her, or if it was just too much...." Her answer even to herself wasn't efficient. She had only met Amelie once, so what did she really know? The mother had not been in the den with the pups. Why? There was no clue to that truth, and Skylah doubted she'd know. The only ones who knew that were gone. She would worry about the children if they were still alive, but the parents, she wanted to not think about them. It only made burning questions, and an unend of confusion.

She took his clue to skip to a different subject, and tried to smile. It was more of a gentle twitch of her cheek. She too was ready to move on in more than one state, and drifted in the direction of the mountain range. "I can try," she replied, unsure what her former packmates would think. What would it hurt to ask? They may want a new start, something normal instead of being forced to be a lone wolf on their own.

Ears perched forward on her silver mask, and she took careful steps doing her best to keep stride with Inkheart. She still marveled at his heigth, but it suited him. She wasn't to short as to struggle with his lengthy steps, least for now. "Did you have any places in mind?" She inquired of her new umbra deciding to continue the conversation. She'd never thought of a place for a pack, but she'd never thought about creating one despite her father's training.

Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;"> Ink’s heart continued to sink as he attempted to configure reasons Amelie would leave her precious children behind and he could not help but conclude that she would have done the same if they had been his children instead of Alexander’s. Perhaps it had been a good thing that she and him had not been together because he certainly would not have been very happy with her if she had put their children in danger. Once again, his inner-demon smiled at the thought that her beau had fallen and passed into death. However, he knew that if their children were alive he would wish them all the health in the world and if he had known anyone other than Amelie a little better he would ask to take care of them and raise them as his own but there was no such luck.
The least his companion could do would be to gather whatever folks she knew so that he could make a pack for himself but for now they needed to find a place and just a couple more folks to make it a simple start. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“Fireweed Rise or Whisper Marsh—I love both their names as well as the land. I’m not very good with naming things. I guess we could round a few wolves up, make a pack and have a vote on a name?” He was thinking easier and of other people, giving his audience a voice would up his standing in the great circle of life and trust would be very hard to come by at first.

Inactive No Rank

Butterscotch eyes wandered to the ground beneath her, studying the unworn earth, deciding next where to place her paws. The terrain was rather level, and her wounds only mildly protested with the stretching ligaments. She let her thoughts wonder from what her life would be like if Ink managed to start a new pack, and the best place for it. She wasn't sure what part she would play, except that of a faithful member depending on how true the black gentleman was. She did wish more to find Angie. She could possibly see him joining for a stable life, if he didn't joing the white wolf's pack, and he had information of the children. She tried again not to think he'd be at the mountain, and that she would have to look for him instead.

She looked sideways, taking in each name. Slowly her head bobbed in agreement, and she did manage a sweet smile. "They both sound lovely to me," she answered not loisng step. The idea of the pack voting for a name appealed to her as well. It showed a part of leadership the male would have. Open to suggestions, which she thought was wise. She didn't convey this aloud just yet, she was sure there was a lot she did not know about him, as he her. Yet they were on there way to try and start a new pack silent promises to each other.

Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;"> There were countless things that Skylah may or may not ever find out about him but then again, one does not ever truly know every detail of one’s life. It could be possible that Inkheart didn’t even know everything about himself and he planned on finding these things out before he left the Earth. He did not know what he would be like as a leader of a pack, or as a father, mate, uncle—there were many things that could later define him but it was never too late to start figuring out one’s life.
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“Careful here,” he murmured thoughtfully as he spotted a gathering of rocks that seemed very easy for once to trip on, <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“Fireweed Rise sounds like a good, strong place for a pack to take up camp. Perhaps we could take a visit in the morning?” That was, if she was up to it (he remembered), <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“if that is too far of a journey for you then we can wait another day or I could take a look myself?” Truth be told, he felt a strange almost scary attraction to Skylah but it was hard to say if it was simply because they connected well together (and he had not gotten any in quite some time) or if he truly was attracted to her as a whole being because she was not the type of woman he generally chased after.

Inactive No Rank

Her life, no matter what it had started out as was definately changed now. She did not know what she wanted any more, not really. She had gone from a simple role in a group, to nothing really. She'd started over once, but not like this, not after a tragedy, not being forced without option. She thought she should be more bitter, that would have been more like her. Pissed as hell, and telling the world off. Seeing life crash around her, well it did make her upset, but she felt more sad knowing how it could just end in a second. Now she was still felt like it hadn't been real, despite how real it was.

Upon his comment, she guided herself round the new obstical. She was irked how now simple rocks could make her move, but decided to try and smother the feeling. "If it's one the way to the mountain I have no problem checking it out. I'm not in a huge hurry." She'd never been to the place, and if it could possibly be her new home she wanted to see it for herself. Then she wouldn't have to wonder where it was, what it looked like. She really didn't want to be alone again, she preffered his company.

(This post was last modified: Jun 11, 2011, 09:48 PM by Skylah.)
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;"> <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“We can do that,” he responded as he began to think about the quickest route they could take to get back to the Mountain. At this rate, he knew that it would take quite some time for her to get all the way back to what she considered home but maybe once she saw Fireweed Rise they could begin to set up places for them to permanently stay. It would be a fresh start for the two of them, more so for her, but a new leaf nonetheless. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“We’ll just cut through the Meadow and take a peek around the Rise,” he felt confident in this one particular venture but if things there weren’t up to par than they had plenty of other choices.

Inactive No Rank

A promise of a new start, maybe just maybe she wouldn't have to return to the mountain. She had only been going back, because she had no idea what else to do. She was so familiar with the stone outcroppings, it seemed like a good place to start, pick up the pieces. A thought nagged in the back of her mind. There was a bit of a need to least see if anyone had returned. She knew other than Angier there had been a red colored female named Adonia. She unlike the rest of the last members of Midnight Plateau would not know what had happened. The evidence wasn't there, and maybe she would wait on the mountain for others to return. Skylah could at least inform her what happened, and Ink could promise her a new home. Heavy thoughts, more than she was use to taking upon herself, a smile flicked on her black lips when he gave his answer. "Sounds like a plan." For the first time she had something to look forward to, and hoped her new leader would not abandon her. She once might have liked her freedom, being alone worrying only for herself, things had changed, and she needed a purpose.

Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
Set up a new thread in Fireweed Rise?
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;"> This would certainly be a change for the better and he hoped that his initiative to get things going would prevail. His confidence to lead a pack and lead one well would be beneficial, he just hoped that he knew what he was doing once it actually arose. It was unpredictable what would happen after the first congregation of pack members but he certainly did have an affinity for the unknown. Inkheart had always taken risky, life threatening jumps in his life and this was yet another jerk in his path that needed to be done.
So, he led the way towards Fireweed Rise where he hoped that Skylah would like it so much so that they did not have to take a journey to Whisper Marsh. He liked the Rise but he was also still looking for another’s opinion opposite his own.