340 Users Online
Google, Bing

Swift River Pack Thread — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Shadow who has 43 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Rissa Tainn
oh! okay.

Rissa playfully stuck her tongue out at her sister's grin, and pulled it back in before Aiyana got any idea. Her forepaws shuffled against the cool stone, and she wanted to do a little dance, but didn't want to risk slipping. Oh well. Her eyes were no where near the woods. Well, they were, actually, but she wasn't worried about being caught. She was willing wolves into the clearing so they could be impressed and proud. How many wolves had been up here, huh?

Shaking her head as she got another nose to the ear, she snarled, and swung another paw in Aiyana's direction. However, she did it with such force that it put her slightly off balance and she leaned dangerously towards the edge of the rock. Thankfully she caught herself by curling her toes and her little nails kept her from sliding. Aiyana started the howling this time, and Rissa gleefully joined in. It was a thing that could also use practice, but she didn't think too much about it. Thankfully for the pitch of their tones, though, it wouldn't be hard to hear them.

test italics
Played by Fenrir who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aiyana Lyall
<blockquote>It was probably a good thing that Rissa pulled her tongue back again, because if it had been out any longer a certain not-so-ladylike little Tainn probably would've found it free game. The paw came swinging again, and this time she wasn't fast enough ducking, and took it on the top of her head with a yelp she cut off halfways. She couldn't let Rissa go about thinking she could affect her!

They howled, and then the howl died out into silence. Expectantly Aiyana's tail tried to wag itself off, and she stood on her perch, staring at the forest with eager eyes. <i>Come on, come out!</i> They had to come and see just awesome she and her sister were, and swoon at how they'd gotten up there all by themselves! She frowned just the slightest, trying to make out shapes, but none of them turned out to be a wolf...</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Aug 12, 2012, 09:05 PM by Aiyana.)
Played by Shadow who has 43 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Rissa Tainn
i think we're about out of time to finish this, so...fade-to-black? you're welcome to reply again, but i just figured this would be easiest before it kind of ended up being super long and stuff.

Rissa had heard the partial yelp that Aiyana had let out, but pretended not to. They were having too much fun for her to ruin it with another jestful prod. Besides, she was proud enough to finally get her shot in, and innocently looked off towards the sky, smiling, as if she'd done nothing wrong at all. Besides, it would have gotten in the way of their howling again, if she'd made fun of Ai for her silly sound. And howling was the most fun! They were getting really good at it now. But little lungs emptied fast, and they were eaten by silence again. They both seemed hopeful that they'd be caught in their endeavor, but despite all the noise they'd made, no one had come to see what it was all about!

Well, it was their loss. She didn't let it get her down. She could still tell everyone, and, besides, she had a race to win. While Aiyana was still looking for shapes in the forest, Rissa had slid as quietly as she could to the rock below. Before she tried to hop to the next, she aimed her muzzle towards the top, and emitted a single word: "Race!" And at that, she tried to make her way down the pile as speedily as she could, because if she made it first, then she'd win! Not without mild injury, of course, since going down was a little harder than going up. But she would count the little odd spots of pain (bruises) as trophies, and easily hidden ones at that.

test italics
Inactive No Rank
Aiyana Lyall
<blockquote>She was so busy looking at the forest, willing wolves into existence, that she totally forgot to keep an eye on her sister. The word "Race" broke her trance, and with a growl she saw that her sister had cheated! With an angry yowl she tossed herself down the platform, little legs shivering as her joints absorbed the impact. It made her pads sting, to land so heavily, but it only fueled her anger at being cheated of, in her eyes, what should've been <i>her</i> victory. Still, the headstart was hard to deny, and she could hardly use her sister as steppingstone when climbing down, now, could she? Of course she <i>could</i>, but it might be dangerous, and Aiyana was no fool. Instead, she came down on her heels onto the grass, a few bruises and scratches richer. Her sister had cheated, and with narrowed eyes Aiyana mewed <b>"Cheat,"</b> and toddled off into the forest.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Aiyana Lyall
<i>Sunny noon</i>

<blockquote>Little black Aiyana Tainn was busy lying on her back in the slowly browning grass, watching the world go by as usual. The sky was a beautiful blue, a hue reminiscent of summer yet somehow slightly colder, crisper, heralding <i>change</i>, but one she did not know. The clouds looked the same, distant whorls of nearly transparent white curling around the sun, streaks of cirrus to make the heavens unique, but not blocking out her precious Light. In golden rays it filtered down upon the world, dust motes dancing in the still air, yet it was not as warm as it had been - where it once had brought nearly unbearable heat to the black girl, it now merely warmed. The birds sang differently, the forest moved to a different rhythm, slowly kicking into the higher tempo of preparing for autumn. She blinked, waving one paw through the air before allowing it to settle back against the white patch of her chest. The world was changing, but into what she did not know. No one seemed distressed, so she hoped that it was good... But she wanted to know. What if she was the only one noticing it? What if it was something <i>wrong</i> with the way the nights grew longer and colder? Not fully convinced it was wrong, and yet not fully convinced it was harmless either, Aiyana was stuck in a position where she could do nothing but brood and wait. The little child sighed to herself, and kept watching the world slide by.

At least the snake hadn't been dangerous. She could comfort herself with that.</blockquote>
Played by Grey who has 322 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
December 28th; Mid-Morning; Cloudy; -6º F

Waking up on a gray morning was not particularly one of Fenru's favorite things but the yearling was more than grateful to surface from the nightmare he had been suffering through behind his eyelids. Water rose up and rushed against him, carrying him through the Grove and delivering him into Indru's grasp. After enduring a vicious fight, he was then swallowed up by the gathering darkness, drowning in the deafening cries of his lost siblings until suddenly... his body gave a jolt as he was reoriented, draped over the uneven snow on his side to the right of the den's front entrance. Where once was darkness, the morning blinded him, even though the sun barely succeeded in coming through the cloud cover. The gasp taken into his ribcage was released immediately in a puff of vapor. At first he struggled to right himself, to regain his bearings, but once fully aware of his surroundings, he curled up in a tight circle and sighed, stretching his neck out and pressing the side of his face against a clump of packed snow.

He swallowed quietly as he sorted his thoughts out, closing his eyes as he began to recount the absolutes he dearly depended on. His name was Fenru Tainn. Indru is gone. It is in the middle of winter. His mother and his pack, his family, rely on him. Four men help keep him and his sisters - Aiyana and Kisla - safe. Name them, Fenru. Go. Marsh. Ice. Triell. Hotei. Now breathe.

The yearling slowly released a sigh. He was safe...

Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »