Google, Miriam

Swift River Pack Thread — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<i> he still loves his bro just a troubled teenager </i>
    when i look at the stars i feel like myself

He hears Indru's breathing, and can feel his sides rise against his own inhaling lujngs. He concentrates on that, trying not to think for a change. He hears a whine of question, and he can't keep his wide ears from flicking upward. He doesn't answer, or move. He has a lot he wants to say, but he knows it'll come out jumbled, which he doesn't want. Maybe sometime he'll- they'll really talk, right now he just wanted normal. Being by Indru pretending everything was okay like it use to be.

Dark lids are still closed, and he feels the gentle touch of his brother much like he had in good times and bad. He can't help but sigh too, but his black banner gives two steady thumps on the ground in return. His ears lay flat once more, catching the appoligy. Triell really wanted to say it's okay, but was that his line? It wasn't okay he'd gone, but was it okay now? Sorta, Triell thinks knowing Indru had not meant to go. "I know, he murmurs back, trying to keep the sadness from creeping out of his throat. He listens to the distant river, how soothing it is, and he realizes just how much he loves his home. "I'm just glad your home," he says, his tail giving another thump. He swallows back some of the sadness, and doesn't feel so lonely.

[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote><i> October 22nd - Late Evening </i>

He softly treaded the familiar path to the pack den. The evening breeze blew softly, and was cool against his skin. Familiar scents greeted him, and his yellow-orange eyes drew to the rough rock edges for a moment. He had once gotten past the feeling of <span class='word'>anomie</span>, but it seemed to have found him again. He had hoped to find someone here, as he wasn't keen on heading down a cloudy path of emotion again. He knows better, or is afraid to look in the den so he stops short on the pounded outside entrance. He stretches his head looking only slightly into the darkness, but looks back to the tall grass dancing in the light wind. He's surprised not to see his brother guarding the outisde, and decides to sit to stand guard. Surely Cori or Indy would come by.</blockquote>
Played by Siki who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>It hadn't been an eventful day, but that was normal. Somehow life was simpler and more complicated all at once in comparison to living alone, but by now, that life was a memory; before long, it would become a distant one. Kinis thought this had supposed to be temporary? Oh, it didn't matter, if Ruiko had his reasons for hanging around then Kinis wouldn't contest them.

Not expecting to see anyone on his way back to the den, the boy padded along quietly, the limp body of a porcupine in his jaws. It had been quite an unusual find, that one, and a memorable struggle for survival, but Kinis had proved superior... not that he had come off completely clean; a dozen or so lightly bleeding spots on the left side of his muzzle demonstrated that the porcupine had given him a worthy parting gift. The stinging had subsided, mostly, but the thrill of victory had proven anaesthetic enough.

When he saw Triell sat outside the den, Kinis' eyes widened in surprise. Tired as he was, he paused nearby, dropping his kill at his feet. If Indru's litter were sleeping, then he might find somewhere else to rest, and not risk disturbing them. Besides, he wanted to enjoy his hard-earned meal, and perhaps find someone to share it with. <b>"Are the pups in?"</b></blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Oct 23, 2011, 09:37 AM by Kinis.)
<center>user posted image
<i>at least... that's where I'm supposed to be...</i></center>
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote>Body stiffened when he caught the scent of blood, and he almost felt <span class='word'>ferly</span> because the unknown was something he liked, and disliked at the same time. When he looked he saw Kinis, and his fears vanished. Almost. He could not believe what Kinis was bringing over, and his black jaw was slack, his brows pressed together. <i>There was no way...</i> He saw the blood on his brother's face, the small wounds, and now this moment was <span class='word'>ferly.</span>

Before Triell could convey his own thoughts, Kinis asked a smiple question about the pups. The black wolf's ears tipped backward, and forward while he replayed the question in his mind. <b>"Oh..the pups. I don't think they in there, but I haven't actually looked."</b> He said, trying to keep his mouth from hanging wide open.

He quickly stood up, and smirked. <b>"How the hell did you get that?"</b> He said, his nose tipping to the carcass the admiration clear in his voice, as well as the golden orange blaze of his eyes. He did think Kinis was a little insane, but wasn't bravery and insanity something of the same thing? Really he was proud, though he knew Kinis was much just as capable as he. Though Triell doubted he would tangle with a pokey thing -least not today.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>So why was he here? Kinis eyed his brother with unhidden curiosity, but out of respect held his tongue; Triell had his reasons, no doubt, and Kinis briefly thought back to their midnight conversation and all it had spilled forth. It had helped Kinis, he was sure of that, but then Triell's woes had seemed more deep set in comparison. Concern mixed with the interest, but still he said nothing. If Triell wanted to talk, he would know that Kinis would happily listen.

But it was not to be so, at least not in that way; instead, the matter quickly drew to Kinis' meal, and the admiring question brought him a hearty laugh. <b>"It's a story to be told for generations,"</b> he said over-dramatically, a grin rapidly plastering itself on his face. He nudged the bloodied body with a paw, careful to avoid the spines that he now had a whole new respect for, and laughed again. <b>"Really, it's all its fault. I was entirely minding my own business. I'll tell you about it if you share it with me."</b> He nodded at the den, since he couldn't smell or hear anyone inside now, and if Triell wasn't specifically on guard duty then why not?</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote>An amused chuckle was first answer to Kinis' reply, but he smirked back waiting to hear the event. The story wasn't first response, but his eyes went to the den too then back to Kinis. <b>"Sure,"</b> he said, and stood up watching where he placed his paws. He once more stared at the prickly creature, and had a good idea. <b>"I bet it'd be good to show the pups this, just so you know they don't have to learn the hard way."</b> He offered, though was unsure when they might see it. He wondered briefly if maybe that wasn't a good idea, second guessing himself like always. He stared at his brother, wondering how exactly they were going to share this meal.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote><b>"We could say it's a demon from the mountains,"</b> he chuckled, gingerly plucking the porcupine from the ground, holding by the same soft spots that he had done earlier. <b>"Certainly fought like one,"</b> he muttered through the hold, his minimal grip on the creature allowing most of what he said to be comprehensible. Trotting down into the den, he was pleased to discover that it was indeed empty, and he tossed his kill onto the earth before dropping onto the ground himself, stretching his aching limbs with a wide yawn. <b>"Man, I'm pooped. Anyway - here, you first."</b> With a mischievous smile, he glanced at the carcass, menacing and unappealing with its spines in every direction - but now Kinis knew the secret, and with deft movements, he jerked the limp body so that it lay on its back, its soft belly inviting and safe and bearing the bite marks that had killed it.

<b>"I've got a cat to thank for that secret,"</b> he said, rolling onto his back as he enjoyed the chance to totally relax. <b>"I used to think they were prickly all over."</b></blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote><b>"No kidding,"</b> he agreed giving it a hard look over still a little perplexed. He shook his head, and followed Kinis into the den. He was happy to see they were alone, as he didn't want to disturb anyone. He steps were taken slowly once more, dodgeing it because he did want to get a taste of quills in his own lips. Wide eyes he stared, some reason in small awe of it. Triell had seen the prickly creatures, and had gotten his share of quills to the face. Kinis' voice caught his attention, and he smirked back. Right, he the one uncertain how to do it. He sucked in a breath debating his first move when Kinis was kind enough to flip it over. Duh, why hadn't he thought of that? At least now he knew, there was plenty he still had to learn.

<b>"Thanks, I had no idea they weren't pokey their either."</b> He said, a grateful smile on his dark lips. He took a whiff of the dead beast, glancing at Kinis who really did look worn out. Triell did not ask where he had been, only thinking that the porcupine had giving a good fight for it's life, and glad his brother had won. A lick to his lips, he bent over it and took a bite of the soft skin. He gently tore at it mindful of his paws, and face. The skin pulled back with ease, and Triell already could see the tender flesh. He bit a huge chunk, and graciously placed it by Kinis before going back for his own. It tasted rather good, different, but good. He sat in his own corner devouring his own slice.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
fade? x] since these are supposed to be short interactions haha! I might go write up this adventure of his properly, so Triell can actually know it <3

<blockquote>Kinis watched with satisfaction as Triell carved the beast up, glad to have provided some food as well as a tidbit of interesting information. Still, it wasn't something that he was going to ensure was in his regular diet; acquiring the thing had been far too stressful. He smiled in thanks as Triell thoughtfully offered a piece, taking it happily and tucking in as his brother sat down to do the same.

<b>"Not bad,"</b> he concluded after a few mouthfuls, licking his lips. <b>"Though,"</b> he conceded with a laugh, <b>"it could taste like ass and I wouldn't care."</b> He raised his nose and adopted a noble, stuffy voice, saying <b>"Victory is sweetest of all,"</b> before dropping his head with a snort and chuckle.

<b>"So, you wanna know how I caught this baby? I hope you're comfy, because it's a beauty. So, I was just wandering near the mountains, when I get screamed at by this mad-ugly bobcat right out of the blue..."</b></blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
Dec 1st, Midday, Overcast — Current Temperature: 37° F/3° C

<blockquote>With a sigh, Kinis rolled over onto his belly again, eyes trained on the limited amount of sky visible from within the den. It was a fairly dreary day, not like how the morning had started at all; it had snowed, if only a tiny amount, and had long since vanished. Kinis couldn't help but recall his first time experiencing snow, in the days when a fleeting depression had set in and Ruiko had been his rock, his guide. It had been the mention of snow to break the shell he had been forming. Snow brought with it all kinds of connotations - good and bad. Most of all, he marveled at the parallels in life.

The snow was coming, and this time, it was he and Ruiko who were destined to leave.

With another sigh, he wiggled around onto his back, trying and failing to get comfortable, desperate for just a little while longer inside before having to go about another long day.</blockquote>
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »