(See All?) Announcements
366 Users Online
Bing, Google, Apollo, Armand, Chan

a change of heart — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
For @Naia -- and @Kisla + @Maksim backdated to like mid-Feb?
Early morning, Partly Cloudy 16 ° F, -9 ° C -> Lachesis is sitting outside of his infirmary/den, if Naia is outside/inside it's up to you (if you want me to change the slight pp let me know!! <3)

The healer was worried about Hearthwood River. Despite having a slight issue of maintaining their members due to flaky individuals, they were still thriving — and would continue to do so. In order to ensure their longevity, as well as their place in Kingsfall, they needed a litter; the first litter of Hearthwood. However, with breeding season on the horizon, Lachesis could not help but wonder if the Baranski brood would continue this year. He was worried for Maksim’s health, as he still had not returned to the throne. Lachesis wanted his leader to return to the top of Hearthwood where he belonged, but the winter had been hard on the older male.

If the medic didn’t have such horrible luck with the opposite sex it could have been him and Bastet — or even Ana — to help expand the river pack. Since striking out with every single female he ever encountered Lachesis was not interested in finding someone to ‘settle down with’. In fact, he was steering clear of females completely and was solely focused on his trade and temporarily leading the pack.

This winter had also given the male a second patient — the overworked Naia, who had fallen ill after exhausting herself. Much to her reluctance, XIX had forced her to stay within pack boundaries and to put off her scout duties so he could keep an eye on her. In that time they had actually gotten a chance to become better friends, as opposed to just working alongside each other and exchanging friendly banter here and there. They had worked alongside each from Pitch Pine Trail to Cut Rock River and now to Hearthwood, but had both busied themselves with their pack roles to strengthen the friendship that was already in place. It had taken a trip to Lachesis’ infirmary to give them a chance to spend time together and talk about their individual experiences during the years they had spent in the same pack.

“I'm worried, Naia,” he said suddenly as he glanced around the dens, a frown creasing his pale maw. “What if this spring brings no puppies to Hearthwood? Do you think we’ll be okay?” Surely the scout had been thinking about this as well — or perhaps he was just being paranoid, which was entirely possible.

(This post was last modified: Mar 07, 2016, 06:03 PM by Lachesis.)
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Alace who has 323 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina
Naia stretched as she exited the healer’s den, shaking her pelt to rid herself of the early morning drowsiness. She inhaled deeply, and for the first time in at least a moon she exhaled without so much as a hint of a cough. She felt better today, stronger.. more like herself. The scout itched to be back at work, traveling unclaimed land guided by her nose and the skies. Though she had been sick for several moons now, it still felt strange to laze around while someone else took care of her. Even when she was a pup, Naia had always looked after herself. 

She greeted Nineteen with a nod, reluctant to taint the tranquility of the moment with speech.  Heaviness clung to the young man—Hearthwood River’s reluctant leader— who seemed to be brooding over something. The Timber woman settled beside her friend, knowing he would speak his mind once he had time to collect his thoughts. He broke the silence after a moment, admitting that he was worrying about pups. Of all things!  “You worry too much,” Naia teased her friend, but even so she heaved a sigh. “The River has felt a little disconnected lately. A litter of pups does have a way of bringing the pack together. It always raises my spirits..” 

Naia had a sinking feeling that Nineteen was right to wonder. The Baranksis had their paws full with their current brood, especially with Aleksei and Karina both missing. The scout wouldn’t be surprised if they chose not to add the stress of a new batch of babies. Thank the gods Inna and Lekalta had been less trouble than the first litter, which Naia knew would have given her fits if she was their mother. Aleksei’s itchy paws and Orren’s angst, and then there was Karina (where to even start with her?). “Have the Baranskis said anything to you? To make you think that they might not..?” The agouti’s tail twitched expectantly as she let the question hang. 
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Kisla & @Maksim feel free to jump in whenever <3

“I know, I know,” he responded with a lazy smile and a dismissing wave of his tail as he glanced over at his friend as she settled down beside him. It was almost two years ago that the two had first met, playing a game with a pair of fallen elk antlers. She was one of the wolves he had known the longest in Relic Lore, and the only wolf who had not deserted him over the years. They each had perfected their trades and propelled through the ranks of Cut Rock River prior to their move to Kingsfall, each earning a respected place among the river wolves. He trusted her the most — aside from Maksim, of course — and knew that she felt the same way about Hearthwood as he did.

He nodded in agreement to her comment about the pack feeling disconnected. With Karpos on a mission to find his sister and Karina missing it seemed as though the pack was slowly falling apart, and Lachesis would not allow that to happen. This as his home; his family; it was important for them to flourish, not to fall apart. “I’ve been out and about trying to recruit but it seems as though most loners have already picked up a home over the winter,” he grunted, his nose wrinkling in annoyance. “You’re right though — puppies do bring the pack together.” He offered a small smile as the words left his tongue, his ears falling back.

“They haven’t said anything and that’s why I’m worrying,” he admitted, his expression growing serious once more. “Mak said he would seek me out when he felt well enough to resume his position, and he has not. He’s not as spry as he used to be, so he’s taking longer to regain his health. I’m pleased he’s taking time off and not rushing his return, but I… I don’t think he — or Kisla — will feel up to entertaining a new litter.” His words hung heavy between them as he swallowed, hard, his tongue feeling like a stone. “Maybe I’ve been smelling too many herbs and it's all in my head…” he added, suddenly feeling guilty about his little confession.

Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
I don't want to hold you up -- but you guys also only have 15ish more days to complete an actual breeding thread so you might want to make that a priority too? :o

The pheasant dangled from her jaws – a token to the healer and the injured he currently looked to. Her intent was to seek out the pair and check upon their loyal Scout. Naia was the closest thing she had to a best friend, despite the fact the women had drifted apart.

She came to the den, her pace slowing as she tipped her ears forward. Their conversation was lost upon her, for they were not within earshot, but it would have panged her greatly to hear them. Fortune favored them all in this sense, and moving closer, the tawny woman dropped the offering, nudging it forward gently to the very mouth of the den before uttering a crooning whine to announce her presence. “Lachesis.. Naia?” Her tone was soft, hoping she had not disturbed slumber for her fellow Leader’s patient. Taking a few paces back, the regal she-wolf kept her right eyes trained on the den entrance, wondering if her presence would even be welcome.

Aleksei had gone once more, and now Karina, against her very word. She had half a mind to not allow them re-entry to the pack – loyalty was something the River strived for, and how did it appear that her own children could do as they pleased and not be reprimanded?

The thoughts weighed heavily on her – thoughts she could not share with her husband. Nor her now grown daughters.

It was a harsh reality to the she-wolf to realize that despite leading her pack, she was truly alone.
(This post was last modified: Mar 14, 2016, 06:56 PM by Kisla.)

sparking up my heart

Played by Alace who has 323 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina
The healer’s words echoed Naia’s own speculation, but even so they felt even heavier when spoken aloud. She was a simple wolf, but the basic concept of addition and subtraction did not elude her.  New puppies certainly unite packmates and boost morale, but most fundamentally a pack must add more members than it loses, however possible. Hearthwood River struggled to retain new recruits long term, but they were undeniably good at raising puppies. Perhaps if Aleksei and Karina had stuck around and made something of themselves, the River could have afforded to take a puppy-rearing furlough, but as it stood now.. Naia worried that the future of the pack might be at stake. She opened her mouth to say as much, but a voice at the cave entrance interrupted her. 

“Kisla,” Naia answered, eyes cutting to Lachesis for a brief, deliberate moment. “Please, come in,” she beckoned, and when she saw the pheasant she added, “Thank you!” with a warm smile. The gift reminded Naia of the many times that their places had been reversed, and Naia had brought Kisla a bite to eat in hopes of getting a glimpse of the nursing pups. It was a bit melancholy to think that she might not have that experience this year. “..I do feel much better,” Naia assured her leader, “Perhaps we’ll catch the next one together!” Her tail thumped the dirt floor of the den at the thought of stretching her legs for a hunt. “How are you, Kisla?” The scout inquired. She had learned over the last few months  that wolves rarely dropped by the medicine den for a mere social call. 
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
>.> fire me i am the worst i am so sorry <3

His words left a pregnant pause between the two, hanging heavy in the air between them. The expression Naia wore said it all; he knew that she had been sharing similar thoughts. Lachesis knew that if Maksim’s health had returned that such thoughts would not have been born, but as his absence from the throne prolonged, the more the healer worried. Unfortunately he was becoming an expert in worrying, causing the young male to feel much older than his four years. He cared so passionately about the river pack and its members that the thought of Hearthwood crumbling terrified him. However, their core — the ones who had made the journey from Cedarwood to Kingsfall — was strong. It gave the troubled leader hope.

A voice sounded from the entrance, causing his ears to fall forehead as he met Naia’s glance with raised brows. A smile rolled onto his maw as the scout invited their queen inside, the smell of fresh pheasant filling the enclosure. “Thank you,” he echoed, his tail giving a soft wag behind him. While he was happy to see the tawny queen, her presence also worried him: had Maksim’s condition worsened in his absence? By her calm exterior XIX doubted that was the case. While the king was not getting better, he remained stable. Stable was good — he could work with stable. “Soon,” he chimed in with a chuckle as he nosed the scout’s shoulder affectionately. He knew her legs were itching for a hunt and a long trek. His forehead smoothed as he turned his attention to Kisla, his curiosity peeked as he waited for her to respond to Naia’s question.