(See All?) Announcements
540 Users Online
Bing, Google, Vanadis

build upon the pyres — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
For @Ash only.
Backdated to 2/13 because I'm awful. Deep night, during a break in the storm.

Amongst a myriad of strangers and antagonizing landscape, Gent's anxious thoughts were at their height, badgering him far away from any semblance of sleep. Exhausted he prowled the unfamiliar territory, only half interested in what was to be found. Odd that he had come to the borders so many times over the past two years, and yet it was just now that the thicket's secrets were bared to him. It would have been reward, was rewarding but such pleasure was out of mind, if he were not so preoccupied with the heavy blanket of failure upon his life.

He just wanted to go home, dreaming awake endlessly of missing faces returning before him. That he might come back to his own domain to find that Marianna or Raela or any of them had found their way to the Crest once more was a faint hope that urged him to ignore the threatening weather and Nina's sound advice altogether and leave now. Yet he also knew that it was a thousand times more likely that he would only taste the bitterness of disappointment, and so he stayed mired in this aimless wandering.

It wasn't until the scent of another male crossed his path that he was given any reason at all pull all of his focus back into the present reality. Head lifting, his pale eyes searched the dark ahead, anticipating to catch a glimpse of russet. He'd seen Nina's brother earlier in the day in passing, that coat of his unmistakably exactly as Minka had described to him and his scent committed to memory on the spot. There were things they needed to discuss, just the two of them. What better time than now?

Gent trotted forward, pursuing the once-alpha with little care as to what the other might be busying himself with at the moment. This was vital.

"Can I have a word?"

Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok
I actually suck.

He was returning for another search for his daughter. Aside from Nina's reassurances, he still wanted to look. With his wife still gone he felt as though his world was crumbling. He knew that he still had Korrin and Rose but it was still too long for him to sit around doing nothing. He received no answers as to where she was and what she was doing. Everyone seemed to be clueless, except for Nina but she was as tight-lipped as a dead fish. The Guardian moved ruthlessly through the thickets, his mind on nothing in particular. If someone could just tell him something about Narime and Yuka he would have some peace of mind. He put a year and a half of his teaching and parenting into the young man and would happily call him his own and now he didn't know what was happening. The Hervok was more than happy that he was going somewhere in life and he had found purpose after his accident. Ash just wished it was somewhere closer to family.

The approach of an unfamiliar made him freeze. Ash's nostrils flared as he swiveled on his heels, taking in the scent of the man in front of him. The one that had, rightfully, accused him of murder. Of course, Nina's scent heavily covered him and Ash was quick to back off of the man. Gent couldn't hurt him here and he didn't know the truth, no one did, except him and Nina and it would always stay that way. His future and the future of his family depended on it. The large man sat down upon Gent's request to talk, inviting him to do the same. He was not particularly fond of these conversations but if they were needed to benefit his sister, then so be it. "What do you want?" His voice was gruff, though not unkind. He was having a rough day and he wanted this conversation to be over as quickly as possible.

I think I've finally seen the light..in you.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris

Gent's muscles tensed as Ash turned on him, ready for the worst that the situation might warrant--or not, even. He had heard the man to be rather hot headed. Though, not stupid. And that was what he would have to be to spill blood here and now, right? The firebird reclined, and Gent took the movement as a good omen. His own haunches settled upon the ground, but he did not relax.

"To talk about your relationship with my pack, now that both Minka and Tokino have passed," he answered, direct and unembellished. There was no need to be flowery or waste either of their time. It seemed clear that Ash was not in a great mood either (or was that just his face?). Hopefully that meant he would return the favor and they could end this swiftly. So long as the right answers were given, anyways.

"Are you satisfied with their deaths, or is the grudge still alive?"

Would Ash and his comrades seek the demise of the children, the pack? Were they the kind of wolves to believe that sins were passed down? And could Gent even expect an honest answer?

Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

Cold, mossy eyes were set upon Gent, displeased with this meeting. Nina had already discussed what the man had rightfully accused him of and the russet-hued man went over in his mind what had gone wrong on the mountain. The other man, whom he had forgotten the name of, had left before any fighting had broken out between the two men, so he honestly couldn't tell anyone that Ash had murdered Tokino, which truly hadn't been true. It had been an accident. The man had stumbled after Ash had provoked him and hit his head against a large rock on the mountain. He knew how to murder another, his father had made sure of it, and Tokino was certainly not it.

Gent's voice brought him back to the present. His reason for seeking out his presence made sense and the Hervok man simply watched the other man for a few moments. While he could ensure that he would not retaliate, could Ash be so sure about him. When he spoke, his voice was cold, "You have nothing to worry about from me. None of you have hurt my wife." That was what started it all, really. Minka and Tokino's crusade and then Tokino's unwarranted physical attack on Narime. His voice dropped slightly when he continued, "But just to be clear, if you, or anyone else, come after me or mine you will have something to worry about again." He kept his green orbs on Gent.

Based on what Nina had mentioned of the man, he seemed respectable enough but none of them could ever be too careful. Anyone could be two-faced enough. Ah had recognized that trait in Minka more than once when they lead together in Whisper Caverns and he would not allow his sister to have a false friend, especially with her declining health. Of course, Ash had no idea the true nature of their friendship and it bothered him that Nina would allow the man into their home. None the less, he minded he manners, he tone more relaxed now, "Can I get you anything while you're still here?"

Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
The other man's answer was the best that Gent could have reasonably hoped for, thin threat and all. The mention of harming the Hervok brute's significant other was curious; Gent had to wonder if this encompassed hurt feelings as well as physical tolls. Were it any other situation, he might have even asked for it. The leviathan alpha was one to seek both sides of any story when the opportunity arose, cautious by nature of the possibility that any one retelling might be plagued by bias and/or deception. This was Minka's word that would be challenged, however, and Gent had far too much respect for his late companion to question what she had shared with him. As it was, the reality of the events versus the perceptions of those who lived them was not a distinction that mattered anymore. Especially if @Kova stayed gone.

It would seem that Nina had spoken to Ash about the insinuations rooted from Kjors' information as well, or so Gent inferred from the redheaded man's compulsion to warn him about retaliations. When it came to this wolf that the Crest king knew next to nothing about, there were a million possibilities floating around his head as to why each word was chosen and spoken. However, it felt clear that if Ash wasn't guilty, he was at least smart enough to know how badly it looked that he'd been the last to see Tokino alive, or carried the same level of paranoia (that Gent insisted was healthy) about others. Regardless, the shade beast merely nodded.

The offer to get him something did surprise Gent, though. A thin smile framed his lips as he answered.

"No, thank you. Unless you can stop the weather, and send me back on home."

That would certainly make up for the Lagina man's death. Gent's paws were still itching, despite the importance of this exchange. Home was the only place he wanted to be. He had heads to count, breaths to monitor; wolves to keep safe.

"I'm not in the business of making enemies, Ash, and I'm already tired of chasing other wolves' grudges for them. Nina's got a lot of faith in you, so I'm going out on a limb and trusting you despite all the wolves that have warned me not to. I don't think it's such a hard thing, to live and let live. "

No, he would not seek to harm Ash or his family, certainly not for his own desires and not to avenge anyone else's pain either. He would not perpetuate the cycle, would not put his pack in harm's way for sake of wolves long gone. It helped him breathe a little easier to believe that this other man was willing to act the same.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

There was not a verbal response to his hidden threat but he saw the curt nod that Gent gave him. Pleased with this response, Ash felt the remaining tension ease from his spine as they moved onto simpler topics. He cracked a small smile at the other man's jest. It was just a reminder of how much he hated the weather, particularly when he got wet. His voice rumbled deeply when he responded, "I'm afraid my talents do not stretch that far." His ear's flicked forward once more when the dark man spoke, taking his words into consideration. Indeed, it was a hard world they lived in and while Ash had certainly made many mistakes in his past concerning others, he was doing his best to change his mannerisms and ways of thinking.

The Hervok man took Gent's words in stride. He was sure that Nina would not want to make enemies with this man and the brother would do his best to be on best behavior for her sake. In order to relieve any remaining tension, he tried his best at making a joke, "I'm not in the business of making enemies either...but I seem to be very good at it." Both siblings had problems with others in the past but they had learned from one another that it was always wise to remain next to one another and support the other through whatever was thrown at them. "I'm assuming Nina offered you sanctuary here until the weather cleared up?" If Nina hadn't, he would be sure to bring it up.

(This post was last modified: Sep 28, 2016, 04:49 PM by Ash.)
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
Ash's second jest was met with an abated but genuine smile. It would have been better to experience the encounter at a better time, but when would that time come? Looking forward just made his head hurt and the billowing storm was an affront to his ears. The facts were that he could not see the future and the winter weather was not as mutable as the spring's. That he could have this talk, and have it go smoothly, should be seen as a bright spot in a patch of darkness.

Man, being so positive was really starting to be a drain.

"You and me both," he commented in return, words soft with more reflection than intent behind them. His glacial eyes had found the equally frigid snow, but when Ash levied a conversational query they lifted and the night cloaked man rolled his shoulders back to address it.

"Yeah, she insisted. If she hadn't, I'd be on my way home. I hate that I'm here, right now. Anything could be happening, and I-," he cut himself off then, determining that these details were not worth either of the two mens' time.

"I appreciate her concern, but the moment it lets up I'll be out of everyone's fur."