Google, Bing, Adora

Take me to church — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Renier Lyall
Still I’d trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday

There was the briefest, tiniest twitch in the line of his jaw. Was he surprised she couldn't agree with him on anything? No, and under any circumstance, there would have been clear evidence of his amusement. Mask remained sober at the heaviness of the picture she painted. How hard it could have been just to breathe. The severity of the last months. The warning that seemed to hide, and yet was plain as day.

Captivated, though she never failed in that area, he stood in sudden awe, feeling he could never explained leadership as she did then. But, it was how she said it. What it was, and what it really meant to her. What ought to matter. He knew very well what she meant by the name. The rogue nodded in acknowledgement, agreement. If there was one thing he had learned from his family they all didn't have Lyall in their last name.

The Lyall held onto his silence, glad it had come to this, something that was black and white even if the love part was gray. Despite her pinned look, she was holding her ground instead of running away. That was the Morganna Archer he knew. He could hate how she didn't, she couldn't see her through his eyes. There she went again, causing havoc on his heart and his damn head.

"No, we can't." He was done with all of it, and had to move on with life one way or another. It wasn't the answer he wanted exactly, but it was one he could live with. "Don't promise me anything then. I only wanted to know the truth of it. If there was a reason to think that maybe." He never finished his sentence, he didn't feel she wanted to hear the rest any way. She would know the rest, right?

The Archer's frustration didn't seem about to ebb, and could often lead to bring out  his own. Instead her exclamation caused a low chuckle to ease from his throat. Once again he took that next step to her, testing his limits. "Depends who you ask. I guess mostly a God who usually is quite displeased with the way things are. A man once took it upon himself to teach us this. I think a few things changed for him, or the world got bigger or something. One day we didn't hear so much about him." Shoulders shrugged, he knew Kiche wasn't the same preacher he had started out to be. He had a fondness for the ginger man, and how he had tried to teach them righteousness. "He use to live around here you know. In Grizzly Hollow, and the Ridge.."

(This post was last modified: Jun 09, 2016, 04:19 AM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall

If there was a reason to think that maybe... All she could bring herself to manage was a shrug. Too much second guessing and neither knowing where they stood was helping no one. Taking a step back (or away) could be the best thing for both of them. Emotions were messy and complicated, and after he left (even though he had gone with her blessing) the whole concept of leaving herself so vulnerable ever again had been struck from her mind. Too often she had been left behind, to deal with herself by herself. If she was meant to be alone she would embrace it or find an arrangement that worked far better.

As he went on, she drew her own conclusions, some mad preacher, or so she thought - until he mentioned he had been a member of Grizzly Hollow and Willow Ridge. Now those had been thin on the list. She was well versed on the history of her mothers pack, both present and past, the names were etched in the back of her brain for better or worse. "Who?" she found herself asking without ever prompting the word forth. If it was... Should she have gone with @Renier to the Reach after all? There was an intensity in her gaze, the spark of curiosity dragging the air from her lungs to fuel the now raging fire with a need to know.

[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Renier Lyall
Still I’d trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday

As if he was a pest she simply shrugged. The back of his molars ground together as he tried to remain composed. Trying to let it slide for the time being he may be nothing more.  But, she was listening, they were talking, and she wasn't at his throat. Who was he kidding? He would take whatever he could get.

He couldn't say he was necessarily surprised by her sudden interest. After all if Angier had been her real dad they wouldn't be in this mess. But, other than a few similar things between her and the ginger man he didn't know for certain. Elettra had probably had a lot of suitors to choose from and somehow he hadn't thought it would have been the preacher. The things he had heard, and knowing the man himself. The look in her eyes told him he had no room for anything but the truth."His name is Kiche." Pale brows furrowed together, a little worried by the outcome of that name."Why Morg?" He had to be sure of her own intentions.

(This post was last modified: Jun 18, 2016, 05:23 AM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
A whistling sound filled her ears as the name fell from his lips, breath coming short and sharp as her head began to spin. The sound quickly grew to a roar as blood rushed to her lowered head, it was like she had been kicked by a bull elk. Her jaw clamped shut as she struggled to regain control of her breathing, to bring herself back to earth, but it was impossible to hide her distress now. Lips parted to answer his following question only to close again with an audible clack as her teeth clashed in her mouth, a worried growl building as she tried to process the tidbit of information she had just received.

Her father lived, and he had never tried to find her.

Had Renier spoken of her? Was he even aware that he had children who lived? If she had gone with him when she left would they have gotten along or would the man be a total disappointment? Did she want to know more? Feet were rooted to the ground but she shook like a leaf in the breeze, finally pulling one foot free and breaking the curse that held her.

She couldn't meet his eyes but she did manage a whispered answer. "That's my father's name." Suddenly it was hard to breathe. She turned to leave in silence. She didn't think she could speak another word if she wanted to.
[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]