463 Users Online
Adelard, Bing, Apollo, Google, Juniper

Whitestone Monadnock Pack Thread
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
31st March, post 1/3
Lorcan had been secretly considering his next move for a number of days now. The Whitestone healer could feel himself growing more and more anxious. A number of ‘loyal’ members had left the pack recently which had caused their numbers to dwindle. Lorcan had stuck it out though and had done his very best to pull his weight within the pack alongside planning how to help with Inna and their pups. The whole time a part of him had believed that one day Craw would return and everything would go back to normality; that the past few months had just been a rough patch in the pack’s life. Oh, how wrong he had been.

The news of Craw and Morganna’s sudden departure, along with their children, had shocked the subordinate to the core. So, for a number of days he had played the role of being second to @Wraith and tried his best to keep things together, but now… He just couldn’t play that role any longer. He had joined because of Craw and he had been loyal to Craw first and foremost. The thought of serving beneath a male that had stolen @Piety from him just left a bitter taste in his mouth. It was time to move on. Traipsing quietly across to the den, Lorcan lingered outside the entrance and gave a few chuffs to try and catch the pair’s attention. He wanted to leave the monadnock on good terms. They were still his friends after all.   
(This post was last modified: Apr 01, 2017, 01:30 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
She had been shaken by the decision for Morganna to leave. Slowly but surely members trickled after her. While Piety couldn't blame the Archer for wanting to leave that didn't mean it didn't upset her. She wanted to sulk about but she was now left with big paw prints to fill. With @Wraith by her side, she was positive that she could do it. There were things that would need to be done, though. The pair had already softly chatted about certain things but nothing in full detail.

The new leader had been tucked against him firmly. While the snow wasn't falling today that didn't make it any easier to be out and about. She was content to lay like this until a soft chuff alerted her attention. Piety planted a kiss on Wraith's head in case he was asleep as he went to see who it was. Her steps were slightly slow. She didn't feel a real need to rush because the call hadn't exactly been demanding.

Muddy eyes fell upon Lorcan as her tail swayed behind her. She greeted him with a gentle bump to the cheek as she pulled back to examine him. He seemed perfectly okay, no obvious injuries. "Lorcan, how are you feeling?" She asked with an obvious hint of concern. The dove was positive this had been perhaps the hardest on him out of all the others. He was a devoted member and certainly wasn't as cold as some of the Monadnock wolves.
[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
31st March, post 2/3
Lorcan waited in silence for either @Piety or Wraith to appear from out of the den, growing a little more anxious with each passing second. When he spotted a white flash of fur break through the gloom of the den’s entrance he quickly shook his pelt to compose himself. The bump to his cheek was bittersweet and it only worked to make his stomach turn with guilt at what he was about to do.

Golden eye flickered up to meet the muddy brown gaze of the woman he had loved and remained there for a heartbeat or two as he tried to figure out how to break the news to her. “I thought I’d be okay..” He began, his voice but a solemn murmur. “but I’m not.” He admitted, ears flattening against his head and his tail curling under him sadly. “I thought I could figure things out and stay here with you, but, it’s just not the same Piety.” He said, his tone growing a little desperate.

“I wish to leave Whitestone and start fresh somewhere else.” He finally stated, golden eyes dropping to the ground as he lowered his body down submissively. “I just wanted to let you know, I didn’t want you to think that I’d just wandered off again…” He said, his voice a quiet whisper as his eye dared to glance up to her pale face. 
# P O R C A N
Played by Vet who has 367 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael
The brute hardly stirred as his mate kissed him sweetly, but he was not sleeping. Resting was more apt a term, for he'd heard the healer approach. Instinctively, he knew what it would be about. He'd been hard on @Lorcan throughout the heat season and despite the bonding they'd had together in various hunts, Wraith knew his loyalty did not belong to him. And he knew as well how the male pined for what was his.

Rather than come immediately, he remained under the guise of sleep, listening to their conversation in silence. None of it came as a surprise, but he wanted @Piety to have the time to speak with him herself and come to terms. Later, when she was grieving - he had no doubt she would - he would provide all the comfort she needed. But for now, she needed to hear what the healer had to say.

It would be a fresh start for everyone, it seemed. Before the male left, Wraith promised himself to wish him well.
[Image: wm2_by_becuffin-dblzotz.png]
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
Her good ear pushed back against her crown as he spoke. "No one expects you to be okay, Lorcan. Everything lately has been shaking the core of the Monadnock but we are still strong." She spoke with care. Piety hadn't expected anyone to be fully okay with the sudden shift in ranks and lack of members. It was something to work to accept but those who could would certainly be cared for as if nothing ever changed.

His next words caused her face to pull down in an obvious frown. "I see..." Could she really have been so foolish to think he would stick around? She wasn't enough to make him stay and she couldn't change that. "Of course, I appreciate that." Her muddy eyes looked down at him as he took on a submissive position. "Well don't let me or anyone else here hold you back any longer Lorcan. Just know that if you wish to return I cannot guarantee you a comfortable spot to come back to." Her look had grown a bit hard. He would slip away like the rest in their time of need. "I think Wraith should hear this from your mouth, though. At the least a goodbye."

The leader turned her head to bark into the den. She expected her mate to rise due to her bark if he was still sleeping through their chatter. 
# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
31st March, post 3/3
Lorcan didn’t say a word in response to Piety’s first answer. He felt too guilty. It seemed she believed that he just wished to vent, that he was loyal enough to stick around for the long run, but he wasn’t. This time the chat was a lot more serious, and so, he quickly made it apparent exactly what it was he intended to do.

The frown which then pulled at her face said all that it needed to. She was disappointed in him. Lorcan felt the guilt tug at his throat, even as he tried his best to express his displeasure in what he was doing through his submissive stance. Golden eyes flickered up to the muddy eyes of his friend and then back down to the ground numerous times, not knowing what to say and feeling annoyed with himself to willingly hurting the one he loved.

The agouti male nodded at her response. “I know, it wouldn’t be fair of you to offer me that.” He said quietly. “I hope we can stay friends, though? I’ll miss you.” Golden eyes met with hers as they watered a little bit. It was true, even after all that had happened, @Piety still had a piece of his heart.

Standing up to his full height, Lorcan slunk over to the den to try and tell @Wraith about his decision. “Wraith?” He called in to the gloomy darkness of the den. He waited a moment for the man to appear and once again dropped down submissively. “I’ve decided to leave Whitestone. It’s nothing you’ve done, it’s just the change in everything..” He tried to explain briefly, glancing up to the man’s amber gaze. “I wanted to say goodbye and I hope that I can leave with no hard feelings between me and you.” That was it, that was all he had to say. He did honestly hope that they could still remain friends, he had been family after all.     
# P O R C A N
Played by Vet who has 367 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael
Wraith shared a soft sigh with only himself before opening his eyes and lifting his head at his mate's frustrated call. This was never easy, and Piety was already taking it hard. The leader rose with an ease that betrayed his previously 'sleeping' state and his amber gaze fell to Lorcan. He hated seeing the male cowering low. Once, he had been a pupil. A hunting partner. A friend. And now, he presented himself like an outcast.

He let the healer get through what he needed to say before stepping closer. His tail remained in a neutral position as he dipped his head to lick gently along Lorcan's forehead. Quietly, for only the male's ears, Wraith whispered. "Give her time before visiting. You will be a welcome sight once her hurt has passed." Lifting his head away, the black male smiled kindly. "Travel well, Lorcan. And take care of yourself. The world is lacking an abundance of talented healers. It would be a shame to lose one, no matter where you go. Thank you for all you've done for this pack. My the wind be always at your back."
[Image: wm2_by_becuffin-dblzotz.png]
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
Things had been well. Everyone was doing their jobs and everyone was healthy. What else could the mother have asked for? Thing felt in place from the moment she awoke to the minute she fell asleep (usually in a messy pile with Wraith, Cyril and occasionally Odin). They were still strong despite everything that had happened. Their numbers may be small but their glory was still big. The fact of their smaller numbers never surprised her. They were so far north and the conditions could be rough. There were plenty of other places to pick from before someone reach the lowlands. Unless they were coming from the north. Like Everly.

As she contemplated all of these things a thought, that she had brought up with Wraith a few nights ago, was gnawing away at her. Perhaps she should get out and be a bit diplomatic. Make the Monadnock seem more homey and welcoming to loners and their neighbors. Granted they weren't as avoided as they had been before the change of leadership.

There was something else, though. She wondered if Whitestone's scout in training might be interested in coming along. Lifting her head she gave a short call for @Cheedo. If she was in the area then she'd answer and if not...well the pale leader would find her herself.
# C W T
Played by Kai who has 341 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Cheedo had been enjoying a rare morning of lounging, it wasn't often that she took a morning often she took a few minutes to enjoy her own company. So when she did she relished the time she had to herself until she felt the call of her duties forcing her up. That morning she had found a nice flat rock in the territory that she chose as the perfect place to sun herself. She got plenty of sun being out in the Lowlands during the summer sun but there was something about dozing in the sun. She’d done it a lot back in Ritter only be cause Fragile Cheedo couldn't do the hard work of the other wolves. She was proving them wrong now. That would become even more apparent as Piety's call reached her ears.

She quickly rose to her feet and jumped down from her rock, “I will visit you later,” she told it laughing to herself. She then turned and made her way up to the Monadnock where Piety was waiting. A smile spread across her maw as she dipped her head in greeting to the female.

Cheedo was curious why she had been called, to her knowledge she hadn't done anything wrong so it must be something else. She gave the pale alpha a quizzical look before asking, “What can I do for you?” Whatever Piety might need she was willing to do and she was sure the pale woman knew that.

[Image: nM576Fd.png]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »