(See All?) Announcements
686 Users Online
Bing, Google

there must be something in the water — Dragonveil Fold 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Dot who has 63 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Zeta Argyris
The longer her brother was gone, the longer her trips of venture became. These days her deep sadness was beginning to meld into determination and routine. She travelled as far as she dared before @Iopah or @Eirian would become frustrated with her absence. Though, in Zeta's mind 24 hours was a long trip and she felt guilted into returning to Broken Timber Pines. The alphas had been skeptical of Zeta and her large family joining the ranks and they went out on a limb to accommodate them - she would never let them down. She would prove her sincerity and worth, even if that meant making up for her brother's disappearance as well. Although she couldn't do much, having been looked after much of her life by her paranymph of a brother, she continuously gathered mice and marked borders as often as she could (and most often when she was returning to the borders after a search). And she searched, and searched. Dutifully. Despite her waning belief that her searches were making much of a difference anymore.

Perhaps other wolves would have accepted his desertion by now, but due to her everlasting faith in the good of everyone, she could not bring herself to believe it. Especially with the success of finding their father still fresh in her thoughts, she knew however difficult, anything was possible. The only difference now was that she was limited to a specific radius that she could search, and if Zane was not inside it.. well, these ventures would only benefit her in teaching her the lay of the land better each time she scoured them. She would be ready for him with her memorized mental map when he returned. He would return. Life was not so cruel. 

However, searching alone was incredibly less entertaining. It wasn't an adventure anymore, it was work; but, for her brother she'd continue working forever. 

The Mountain of Dire was a magnificent sight, and she remembered the last time she was this close she had brought breakfast home to her brother after meeting a wolf named @Lilya. She fed him. His jaw had hit the floor, and her mismatched eyes had sparkled with the blaze of a thousand suns in pride. He had always done everything for her, it had meant so much for her to be able to do something for him. Today though, the grey-pelted rabbit found herself on a foothill at the base of the omniscient mountain, trotting over large boulders and hopping back and forth across the tiny stream that creeped between them. The interesting landscape lifting her spirits into a playful lope. 

Played by Sarah who has 612 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
everything i write rn is crap but OH WELL here you go
It was rare for the dark girl to travel so far north, or to travel at all. Her stomping grounds consisted of about a day's walking radius: south as far as the swamps, west as far as the mountains—but not over them, north as far as the Cold Water Creek in the red ferns, and west as far as the red foothills. Sahalie did not feel the same itch to "explore" as she had when she was younger—even though that itch had been only weak and intermittent—and when the restlessness struck her she often found there were still new stones left to overturn all over her self-imposed safe zone. Yet still, the other day it occurred to the girl that she had not seen her friend @Arion in quite some time, and figured that if she dropped by his neighborhood, wherever it was, she would not be unwelcome. They would need to catch up, to rehash their plans for a cub meet up. Already yearlings, surely they would have no problem getting permission and meeting up for some fun and games.

Now, if only she could find this "Broken Timber Pines" that was apparently somewhere "between a mountain and a waterfall," according to her darker friend. Her gaze traveled to her left, noting the mountain. Then her eyes rolled neatly downward and to the right, seeing a small rivulet—probably still some part of the Creek—but nothing she would call a waterfall. Stumped, the girl plunked her rump down on the ground, leaning back against the stored-warmth of a boulder, as she considered her options.

1. This waterfall was downstream
  2. She had not gone far enough north
  3. She had no idea what she was doing
The scent of a stranger filtered through the air so faintly that the girl almost didn't catch it, but soon the wind brought it closer and closer and it was impossible to miss. Had she been able to remember Arion's scent she might have noticed some similarities. Sahalie turned her head to see a girl just as silver as Alastor trot by so neatly and cheerfully that her tail began to wag. "Hey!" she yipped, starting to get back up, "You goin' anywhere?" As in "do you have free time."
(This post was last modified: Jun 17, 2016, 03:16 AM by Sahalie.)
[Image: sahalie_by_loccian_love-dc6mt9c.png]
[Image: sahalie-greypixel01.gif]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Zeta Argyris
Normally, the sudden chortle of another’s voice would have sent Zeta leaping in surprise, but in her leaping and bounding, the scent and voice had registered almost of negligible importance. She was having such a wonderful time feeling like her old and giddy self, that the stranger did not seem like any concern at all to her. Once the wolf acknowledged her mid-leap, her eyes shot up with a playful smile, realizing all at once how close she had gotten to the girl. Perhaps her low profile had also masked her closeness.. and her youth! She must only be a yearling, though black was oft times a deceiving colour and she was still a ways away.

In true Zeta fashion, she paused abruptly and faced the direction to her new company, her tongue hanging out of her mouth in a curious smile. The ebony girl inquired to her plans. “Nope!” She called over. She was always available for new experiences! Perhaps she might even be able to help with locating her brother. She approached the girl, though she did her best to seem non-threatening – not a difficult feat for her bouncy and friendly demeanour. She stopped an acceptable distance (acceptable for Zeta, ten feet would be too close for some wolves) from the younger femme. “Whatcha doin?” She inquired, tail wagging in unison.

Girl, you fine. B]
(This post was last modified: Jun 22, 2016, 01:22 PM by Zeta.)
the rabbit
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
<3 sorry for the wait ;c
Her first impression of gaiety was only confirmed when the lolling-tongue attached to a smiling face turned towards her. A quick assessment of the grey girl informed Sahalie of her rough age—probably something close to Darrah's—and some sort of pack affiliation from the scents of other wolves woven through her coat. And to Sahalie's great delight, the girl had no particular agenda or qualms about being near her. All good things. Hardly anything could stop the dark girl from warming up to the stranger.

"Not much. I was looking for a friend of mine that I haven't seen since winter." She felt her mind reaching backwards into her memories as if to ask if it had really been so long since she had spied that dark face. Arion had complemented her attitude so nicely it seemed a shame that Sahalie had neglected their relationship. "He's a boy about my age, Arion, living in ...uhm.." Nervously she attempted to recall the name, but found it didn't sound quite right, "Bracken Timber Pinesss...?" No, no, she had just had it, the name. What was the name? "Bracken Silver Pines?" That was even worse, worse enough that she began to laugh at herself.

"Do you know it?
(This post was last modified: Jun 24, 2016, 08:17 PM by Sahalie.)
Zeta Argyris
Zeta's tail wagged slowly from side to side as she listened to the young girl. As she spoke, the grey-scaled girl's nose twitched curiously, trying to decipher the wolves that were attached to the yearling's pelt. It was obvious that she did not know them, nor did their overall scent recall any memory of hers to help identify who the girl was. But, she was looking for someone, just like Zeta. Immediately, she had the girl's sympathy and attention. Arion?? Her tail picked up pace at the recognition of the boy's name. Before she could blurt out her excitement, the dark yearling kept going, distracting her with attempts at Broken Timber Pine's name. 

She laughed lightly, enthused that she was able to help. "Broken Timber Pines!" She corrected, a broad smile on her features. "That's my home! I live there!" She told the girl enthusiastically, as though she received as much pleasure in having the information as the girl would get from hearing it. "He lives there, too. I know him," she assured her with a nod. 

Her panting tongue paused then, because if that was what the young girl was searching for, she was most certainly in the wrong spot. Abruptly, she looked in the direction of Broken Timber Pines, then back to the girl. "But you're in the wrong spot if you're looking for him. It's that way," she explained, pointing with her snout. "Like, see that super tall tree, beside the two smaller tall trees? If you kinda go in between those three and keep the mountain southwest of you, you'll start smelling our lands, I'm sure of it," she said. While her directions would not bring the girl directly to Secret Falls, she had learned on her own how difficult they were to find for even someone who lived there. "To be honest, you'd have more luck howling for him than actually trying to find us. Iopah and Eirian hid that place well," she laughed honestly. Sometimes too well, she thought comically about how many times she had gotten lost looking for that darned waterfall.
the rabbit
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
yeah remember when i said i was sorry for the wait last time????? yeah i'm sorry now too LOL

Sahalie's mouth opened and she blinked, not sure what incited the laughter of the girl until the actual pack was named instead of the several she had bungled. An exhale was about to bring embarrassed laughter from her lung before another surprise appeared before her. Her golden eyes widened and her resemblance to a bull-frog became closer. What luck! Her dark tail beat the air.

"Figures," Sahalie giggled, "You know I don't even live that far from here and I know the area so poorly." Though the Tainn was among the shortest of her kind, she stretched her neck out and stood on her tippy-toes in an attempt to catch a glimpse of this "super tall tree." She thought she saw it--she could not be sure. Some names appeared in the dialogue and Sahalie tipped her head, assuming that these were the leaders, "Iopah and Eirian... are they Arion's parents?" Nearly all the children she had met had been born to leaders. Oak Tree Bend's current litters seemed to be the exception to that.

"Has he been alright," she asked uncertainly, scuffing the ground with a paw, "We had plans to meet up...and when they fell through I got worried." In all honesty, though, the plans had been poorly formed. Where were they supposed to meet up? When? These crucial things had gone straight over their excited heads.
Zeta Argyris
-patpat- ^-^

Zeta was surprised to hear that the female wolf did not leave far from their current location. Huh! The more you knew! She supposed this was how you found out about these kinds of things though. She had only gone as far south as she had to in order to find her father, and once they had, they had stopped and settled. Now that she was out looking for her brother this time, she might have to go in every direction to find him finally. Well! This place was a good as any to look!

"Really? I didn't know there was another pack so close by. Do you live in the mountains or south?" It would be neat to live in the mountains, she thought. Her muscles weren't equipped to scale it just yet, but she definitely wished to do so in the future. Adventuring had become almost a pass-time with the female while she looked for her brother. Not that it was one she really enjoyed, in fact she frequently returned unhappy - but the actual nature finding parts were always rewarding. Like now!

The dark girl inquired about Arion's lineage, and it gave her pause. "Uh.. oh, I don't know, that's a good question," she thought, looking off into space, considering how little she knew about her own packmates yet. But then she remembered a very obvious and sad fact about Arion's parentage that she had heard and therein leading to the impossibility of his parents being the leaders of the Pines. "Oh, actually no. They're not," she confirmed, a little quieter, feeling guilty for momentarily forgetting the whole dead-parent concept of her fellow friend. "He's uh, he's quiet, but he's nice! I don't hang out with him much," she admitted, other than that one time they had scared each other silly, she only saw him in passing and exchanged friendly words. "Maybe you can help me find someone too?" She offered, "I'm looking for my brother, @Zane. He's black with orange eyes, and his face kinda has the same patterns as mine?" She inquired cautiously, though did not expect the girl to have any lead for her.
the rabbit