(See All?) Announcements
842 Users Online
Google, Pan, Jadon, Bing, Adora, Finley

when you gaze long into the abyss — Blackberry Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo
For @Ash -- set later in the day.  You can assume Veho is quite deep in thought as you stumble upon him.

Had you been there tonight, you might know how it feels to be struck to the bone!

There was danger afoot.  Rook could not have picked a worse time to depart for his familial home at Renegade’s Reach – but what was he going to do, tell his mate that he was not allowed to return with Trisden and Hocus to visit with those he had not seen in some time?  They were mates, but Veho did not own the young Lyall man – even if he disagreed with the decision, even if he thought the children would struggle to understand why their Papa had to be away for some time, it was not his choice to make.  Withholding his blessing would do nothing but further guilt his mate and little else.  Veho was not a vindictive man.

Veho was not a vindictive man, but he did agree in a certain amount of justice.

A strange wolf had attacked Belladonna’s son – and his own packmate @Nineva had become the next victim.  While he could be thankful it was not his own child, she was someone’s child – and she was still just that, barely beyond her first year.  That she be injured whilst under his eye was unthinkable.  This creature had to be stopped before anyone else got hurt.  He was travelling to Secret Woodlands with this in mind – he was still uncertain whether he wished to speak with Belladonna and her son or meet with Aideen and her mate, but it was a shared problem now.  Two packs would be much better than one.

Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

It had not been long since the attack on Duckweed. Ash had made sure to keep close to the borders to monitor his grandson's health carefully to ensure his recovery. When it did not seem that anything life altering would happen and Belladonna's mind was at ease, the Hervok Guard set out to Grizzly Hollow's location in order to give Nineva an update on Duckweed's condition. He had no doubt that she was worried. His little girl could put on a tough act but she had a large heart, and she would do anything for those she cared about.

He made use of his time, taking the quickest route he knew to get to his destination. Hopefully, she would be there and he would not have to go on a man's hunt looking for her. She had a wandering spirit, much like her mother, and the reminder sent a heavy pang through his chest. So consumed in his thoughts, he almost did not notice another passerby, and more importantly, the scent he carried on him, too familiar to pass up. It was much different from the scent of wild ginger that clung heavily to his pelt as he walked by, the result of having spent so much time within his home borders recently. Ash changed his course of direction, giving out a woof to grab the other's attention. His voice was calm, and polite when he spoke, "Pardon me, but I couldn't help but recognize your scent. I'm on my way to Grizzly Hollow and I was wondering that if you knew Nineva if you have a general idea of where she is? She's my daughter." He clarified immediately, not wanting the stranger to get the wrong idea. While his daughter certainly packed muscle, she got her looks from her mother.

I think I've finally seen the light..in you.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

Had you been there tonight, you might know how it feels to be struck to the bone!

The stranger’s voice startled the alpha from his deep thoughts, all but tripping over his own paws in his haste to come to a halt.  His tail flagged high above his back like a billowing banner, and he took a moment to size the other man up.  Larger than himself, and with no short of reminders of survival, the grey wolf knew this one was not a wolf he could disregard.  The medic hummed to himself and bobbed his head, though his tail remained in its position – worthy opponent or no, he would not yield so easily.

“I am Grizzly Hollow’s alpha, Veho Macieo,” he rumbled in response, his silver eyes narrowing ever so slightly.  “Which I suspect would explain why you recognize the scent if you know Nineva.”

Now, the question was how this stranger knew the yearling.  While he knew well the ambitious youth often left the borders on her own adventures, he knew relatively little of the wolves she met.  Perhaps that was something that needed to change.

Veho eyed @Ash for a second time as his reason became evident – her father.  He raised a brow.  “You do not look much like her, I must say.”  A soft hum, but he did not disregard the statement completely.  “Nineva is safe, back at the Hollow.  What is your name?  Is this a family visit, or something else?”

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

The other man's response to him was instant and Ash immediately noted the dominant position he went into. In diplomatic relations, the Hervok tried to stay neutral but he was a dominant man and they were both on neutral lands. Almost instinctively, the reddish brown brute's banner raised to meet that of the Grizzly Hollow man's, eyeing him cautiously. Introductions followed and the long-term resident of the lore racked his brain for a memory of Veho but came up short. Most importantly, however, was the other man's rank. To this, Ash bowed his head slightly in acknowledgment but did not adjust his position, for they were still not on Grizzly Hollow grounds. His eyebrows furrowed when the man responded, wondering if he was calling into question Ash's validity. However, his reassurance of Ninevas comfort and safety was more than enough to keep him from losing his cool. The questions that followed were easy and basic and hopefully, Veho would not mind with him following up with questions of his own.

He cleared his throat before he spoke, his deep baritone resonating, "My name is Ash Hervok. It is a mixture of both. I wish to see Nineva and tell her about the recovery status of a family member." He looked over the male once again, mossy green eyes evaluating him. "Why do you ask? Is there something wrong?" Jade orbs went to the man's face to pick up on his social cues. All he wanted to do was see his daughter and her location currently hindered that.

I think I've finally seen the light..in you.