(See All?) Announcements
285 Users Online
Bing, Aquene, Nadine, Google, Torianna, Miriam

Spectrum — Leigh Glen 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Mimi who has 69 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Lena Donata
Firefly show at midnight, anyone? Leaving it vague regarding what goes on in this thread.

Quiet rustling tree canopies against the soft rush of the falls, dappled moonlight dancing with waltzing starbugs. Lena cast her gaze over the water that pooled beneath her feet, wriggling her toes in the damp earth beneath. She took a breath to steady herself, excitement buzzing louder than all the fireflies around her. They bumped clumsily into her body, twirled away with silent apologies. There was something definitely magical about this place; ethereal, almost. Like she had trudged unknowingly into a firefly's ballroom.

But there was also something noticeably sad.

"What happened here?" She spoke her question aloud to no one, pursing her lips thoughtfully. Wading further into the shallows, marching on until the water lapped quietly at her chest, the girl wished she wasn't the only wolf soaking in this beautiful, melancholy sight. Around her, moths pursued fireflies in tumbling kiss chases, and moonlight bounced off the water's surface, painting shifting patterns across the cave walls.

It was when a particularly clumsy insect bonked her on the nose that she laughed quietly, watching it flutter back into the fray of its kin and their fuzzy admirers, offering Morse code messages that Lena couldn't read.

(This post was last modified: Sep 02, 2016, 11:12 PM by Lena.)
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
couldn't resist <3

Kjors was gone. A weight had been lifted off the healer’s shoulders with the male’s absence, but he still worried that the dragon was lurking nearby...

A frown creased his maw at the thought, lips tight against his teeth. Since he and Kisla had banished the dragon from the river territory, Lachesis had increased his patrols, scanning the nearby territories for any traces of the older wolf. The ghost wanted to ensure that he was nowhere near Kingsfall. With their numbers not being where he wanted them to be Nineteen needed to do whatever was necessary to protect his family.

Sleep had never been Lachesis’ friend, even as he grew older. It was something he was in constant pursuit of but it always evaded him, slipping through his toes. It didn't bother him as much as it should — he was getting used to his sleepless nights. The ghost used them to explore some of his territory and the neighbouring terrain. On this particular night he headed west, close to where one of the other northern packs resided. As always, he was careful to keep his distance as he moved briskly through the expanse. When he arrived at the Glen it was much later than he had thought; the air was cold around him, a sure sign that autumn was on it's way. As much as XIX enjoyed the warmer months of summer, winter was what he was bred for… and he could not wait for the twins to see snow for the first time. A smile grazed his features at the thought, but it was quickly wiped away as the scent of another filled his nostrils suddenly. He stumbled over his paws, chartreuse eyes glancing around nervously as they searched through the darkness. The agouti wolf was illuminated by the fireflies bumbling about, clearly enthralled by their clumsy dance. Just as he was about to take a step back, one of the insects bumped against his nose, welcoming him to the show. However, the action caused him to sneeze, which gave away his position. 

(This post was last modified: Sep 12, 2016, 07:31 AM by Lachesis.)
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive II. Subordinate
Lena Donata
Eeee <3!

Her body was in abeyance, held up by the pool around her. Her ghostly green eyes slowly closed as she drifted in the darkness, dotted by starbugs and stirred by the moonlight. Lena's mind, an imaginative thing, conjured up an ethereal pool, similar to the reality of the one she stood in, but painted vividly, unworldly in its hues.

Fish darted around her, tiny minnows, a spectrum of colours that effortlessly glided through the water. The fireflies and the moths left trails behind them, of reds and blues, of pinks and greens. The water that sprayed from the small falls sprinkled rainbow droplets into the air. Have I eaten somethin' funny? Lena furrowed her brows as she questioned her imagination. Maybe those berries weren't exactly great ... or maybe it was those funny looking mushrooms? Was it the carcass? Might've gone a bit off in the sun?

Achoo!

Lena jumped, whirling around as the imaginary paradise shattered. Well, it was more of a slow turn, considering the weight of the water against her body. She stared at the male, her ears perked and her eyes wide as she tried to assess the situation; she was chest deep in water, vulnerable and unable to flee if it turned to the worst, and he? He was ... he was long-legged with stark white fur--or, was it more cream?--and bright pear-green eyes. Quite the looker, she reckoned!

"Hiya," she chirped, a bit sheepishly. "Sorry, I was just, uh ... admirin', I guess. It's gorgeous here, don'tcha think?" She glanced over her shoulder, back to the falls. She probably looked postcard perfect, like an artist's rendition of a wolf's paradise. "I can't help but love 'em. The fireflies, I mean."

(This post was last modified: Sep 05, 2016, 04:16 AM by Lena.)
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
short post but i wanted to get this up b/c mimi gives me muse <33

Almost instantly he felt like a child having their hiding spot revealed… except he had not been hiding. It had been the fireflies that had blown his cover, drunkly maneuvering through the air and brushing against his nose. XIX should have left the silver-eyed girl alone; he felt guilty for disturbing her. Surely he could have snuck by undetected…

“S-sorry,” he mumbled in response, his chartreuse gaze fixated on her slender frame, “I didn’t mean to disturb you.” A smile threatened to tug at the corner’s of his mouth as he listened to her give an explanation for her strange behaviour. It was a remarkable sight; he, too, would have been distracted if he had stumbled upon the grove before her. He was quite fond of how secluded the water hole was — this might become a place he would visit more frequently in the future.

“It’s alright,” he shrugged in response, a lop-sided smile finally cracking his stoic appearance. “I’ve never been here before,” he admitted as he studied the fireflies that hovered between them. The spectrum was illuminated just enough that he could see the wolf before him and the water surrounding her. If it wasn’t for the playful insects the watering hole would not have been as inviting. Tonight, he was thankful for their presence; he might not have found this place, or this girl, if it had not been for them.

Inactive II. Subordinate
Lena Donata
<33!

He apologised and Lena gave a flustered shake of her head. He hadn't broken in to a private moment, hadn't stepped into some scenario where a damsel in distress was grieving the loss of someone important. She welcomed company, desperately wanted it! It gave her energy, when she chattered. It was ... it was what wolves were supposed to do, right? Join together, speak, love, live.

"You don't need to say sorry," she reassured him as best as possible. "It ain't like ... like I wanted to be alone, y'know? It's nice. I'm glad someone else found this place!" She gave a toothy smile, eyes twinkling. Really, it would have been selfish of her to keep this place to herself, to store away the knowledge and wish that no one else would find it. In all honesty, Lena got the feeling this place was carved to be important, to be known--to be cherished by all. Odd, she thought, but it's surprisingly nice and welcoming. To have a strange land still extend that earthy kind of homeliness. It was as if the world beneath her feet wanted her to be here; like it was welcoming her home.

"Alright?! You got pebbles for eyes or somethin'?" Her voice lilted with teasing, and she wagged her tail, fur skimming the rippling surface of the pool. "Yeah ... I've never been here before. I don't really know anythin' 'bout this place ... but, I reckon I like the mystery, y'know? It's enchaaaantin'!" She cooed and giggled, before slowly pushing through the water to step onto the shore. She shook her body, flicking droplets into the air. A few unlucky fireflies collided with the drops and staggered through the air. Her coat was left spiky and damp, and she looked thoroughly pleased with her dip in the water--all the dirt from the long journey had practically been cleansed from her body.

"Whatcha reckon this place is called? I'm thinking ... The Celestial Pools Born of the Moon's Tears." She grinned, a playful laugh following shortly after.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
i love her ;__;

Although XIX was no longer the nervous, stuttering mess he had been when he first arrived in Relic Lore, it did not mean the ghost had become sociable by any means. Prior to taking the role of leader permanently, Lachesis was slowly becoming the pack’s hermit healer. Seeking company had been his lowest priority — unless he sought out a conversation with Hearthwood’s late king.

However, with children and a pack to lead, Lachesis was now forced to come out of his shell even more (much to his displeasure). It was something he was still adjusting to — and sometimes didn’t want to adjust to — but he was trying.

Just as he was about to fill the space between them with his voice, she beat him to it. Pebbles for eyes?! A crooked grin unfolded across his maw as he snorted in amusement at her comment, forehead wrinkled as he studied the tawny stranger. “Better than pebbles for brains!”

She spoke again, quickly, breaking through the silence before it got a chance to settle. “Enchanting, huh?” He quipped as he took several steps forward, stopping when the water lapped at his pale toes. “I guesso,” he added lamely with a smooth roll of his shoulders. The fireflies did have a peculiar enchanting quality to them. Sort of.

A few drops of water collided with his pale fur as she gave her body a quick shake once she reached dry land. He did not mind; water was something the Arctic was particularly fond of. XIX was often found frequenting the lake just south of Hearthwood, for it was the perfect place to unwind.

As the stranger spoke once more, his grin only widened. She sure was a talkative one — but he did not mind. Lachesis preferred it when the other party did most of the talking.  Small talk was not, and would never be, his forte. “You know,” he started, eyes widening slightly as he studied the silver-eyed girl, “I think that’s exactly what it’s called.” His playful smirk only deepened as his tail wagged softly behind him.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive II. Subordinate
Lena Donata
sorry it's so short bb ;;

She gasped, mocking offence, but was unable to wipe the grin off her face, a telltale sign that she took it as it was intended: in jest. Pebbles for brains, did he say?! Well! That was certainly a quick comeback, and a sharp one to boot. Lena had to had it to the pale wolf--he definitely did not have stones rattling around in his skull. Grinning, Lena spread her front legs, threw her head down and shook it wildly side to side, like she was snuffing the life from a hare. "N-n-o-o-o-p-e," came her juddering reply before she stopped the shaking, her tongue lolling out the side of her mouth. "I didn't hear any pebbles rattlin' 'round in there. Looks like I'm clean, right?"

Jesus, Lena.

Whoever this guy was, he had a relatively gentle presence. Nothing about him put her on edge, and he honestly seemed okay with a bit of banter. Which was, in her honest opinion, a brilliant thing. Better than sitting in the company of someone who didn't give her the time of day, or made to shoo her away without even getting to know her. Not that she had experienced a wolf like that in a while, mind you. Most of the souls she came across seemed amicable enough. That was a-okay, too.

"Okay. So, we got theeee ... what'd I say again? Shiny Pool Born from the Moon's Tear? Or something ... So how about you?" She lowered herself to her haunches, tail curling around her as the tip wiggled. "What's yer name?" Lena offered a warm smile, attempting to reinforce that she was a good person with good intentions through body language; stay approachable, and smile.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
just as short because i didn't want to make you wait anymore <3 sorry love

“Seems like it,” he responded with another lop-sided grin perched lazily across his pale maw. The pale healer fell quiet as he watched her, his curiosity increasing the longer she remained in his presence. Her youthfulness was infectious. Most of the wolves he encountered in the Lore were always so serious and it was exhausting. Lachesis was also guilty of being serious on occasion, despite his reluctance. Unfortunately, sometimes diplomacy was important regardless of how badly he wanted to steer away from it

The silence between them did not last long. Most days he would be irritated by the banter; today, however, he welcomed the recreational conversation. “Lachesis Stark — or Lord Shiny Pool, whichever you prefer,” he responded, his new surname rolling effortlessly off his tongue as he ended his introduction with a playful wink. “And what about you, Leader of the Fireflies? What is your name?”

He found himself hoping that the tawny female would stick around, whether it was in Hearthwood or another neighbouring pack. She had a wild, intriguing spirit; one that both lured him in and pushed him away. He had few acquaintances outside Hearthwood; although he wanted their numbers to grow, it did not hurt to have friends elsewhere.

Inactive II. Subordinate
Lena Donata
Slap me for being so late, wah! @Lachesis

Lena was quite smitten with this meeting. The pale male was more than happy to indulge her playful attitude, and she was glad for it. Too much stiffness was bad for the soul. Her eyes widened at his name and she immediately threw herself to the ground in a bow, once again gasping as she did so. Lord Shiny Pool! What an honour to meet a lord!

"Oh Lord Shiny Pool," she squeaked, "please forgive my insubordination! Had I known it was you sooner, I would have kissed yer feet upon arrival! Forgive me!" She groveled on the floor, peering up at him and fluttering her eyelashes coyly. "Foooor-giiiiive meeeee."

Unable to help the grin that wriggled onto her lips, Lena tilted her head thoughtfully. Leader of the Fireflies, eh? Now that was a title she could get used to. A bug queen! "My fireflies and I are beneath thee, O Great Shiny Pool. But if thou must knoweth ... Lena Donata, at yer service!" She straightened out with a wag of her tail and a wink. "And this is my motley crew of glowbugs. Y'got Larry, Barry, Mary, Sherry, Kerry ... wait, was it Kenny?" She furrowed her brow and squished her face into a thoughtful scowl, lips forming a tight 'o' as she whuffed. "God be good, there's so many names to remember! And I think I killed a few memories, shakin' my head around there ..."

She smiled, settling herself with a shrug. "Ain't like I'm a proper lady or anythin' though. Just Lena. S'nice to meet ya, Lachesis Stark."