(See All?) Announcements
599 Users Online
Google, Bing

romulus — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
'Excuse me if it sounds selfish....' The words had the woman's attention and once more one of her darkened ears turned back in a wonder, though her face revealed nothing else. She did not jump to any conclusions, only waited with patience as he finished what he was getting at. His gaze held a wide expression of excitement, his tail waving behind him. "Train you?" Caught off guard by this, she broke her elegant display she had been holding to reveal her still youth, her head cocking to the side in question if he was serious or not. It was only just recently that Ravenna had gone out into the world. Before her mother had died, she had been content to stay locked away within the Willow Ridge for the majority of her time, keeping to her mother's side and holding on everything she told her as many before her had. She had ventured out only to the territories bordering the Drooping Willows and mostly had been quick about it - out and back in, just enough to get what she needed and get back home.

Traveling to the north had opened the world to her. She enjoyed exploring the land a bit further, finding more herbs, learning new ones and although she was still getting used to the idea of meeting others outside of her pack, Ravenna had thus far for the most part did not mind it. "I never trained anyone before..." She admits to him, which should have not been a surprise. She was barely two years old, not even yet. Though this did not mean she could not do it. Hopefully he would know what he was in for. Elettra's teaching methods were not easy and Ravenna's own would certainly reflect this.

"Ill do it!" The young woman finally proclaims with just the smallest of smiles. Training someone for a little while a day or two throughout the week when not with their own pack certainly would help to keep her mind off of her troubles and perhaps help her to move forward and further her mother's skill in the land through her own paws. "I'm not sure on an exchange, but perhaps we can think of something in time..."

Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
He nodded his head eagerly when she questioned back. "Yeah." He whispered softly while his head bobbed. Kerberos started to think that he had caught her off guard with his question. Honestly, he was a bit surprised she seemed taken back. Sure she was young but if her mother was the best in all of Relic Lore didn't that pretty much make her the next best thing? Which you think would make more wolves ask to learn from her.

She proved him wrong with her statement. He gave a half smile at her. She was by no means obligated to teach him. They had just met by a freak chance after all. He was simply out here looking for white fir while she was looking for some fungus. Yet she suddenly lit up and accepted his request. "Thank you, Ravenna." He politely lowered himself for a moment. "And that works with me. I'm pretty familiar with Willow Ridge from Sven," Kerberos figured she would know the pale Archer. "so if you'd like to me to come down there for lessons that's fine. I could probably work something out. Unless you wanna find an in-between spot to meet?" He cocked his head to the side and gave the large girl a kind look.
have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
His thanks was returned with a dip of her silvery muzzle, a silent way of saying your welcome to him. In truth, perhaps training Kerberos would do her some good. They could practice on one another, seeing how well off ingredients worked and how much you needed in order to get the affects in the right measure. This she knew much of, though having a 'guinea pig' was always nice. Often her mother had let her practice on her because there were few within the ranks willing to do so. Now she has someone else for the time being to share this knowledge with that was interested.

Hearing that he was already familiar with her pack land and where it was located was interesting information, which had her darkened ears perking. So he knew Sven then? It did not surprise her that Sven had gotten around beyond the lands of his home. A good portion of his time, especially in Attica's earlier months, had been spent hunting in order to care for his little sister. "I think meeting me at Willow Ridge would be best. That way you can leave your pack when its best suited for you and we don't have to wait on each other at a meeting point. I typically don't go out too far from home for long." Even more so now, whilst the pack could not really afford members being gone for long periods or time if they were going to keep the borders secure and the caches filled.

Pausing in her movements once more (as she had been keeping up a slow stroll as they spoke) she turned her attention away from Kerberos and onto the trees once more. Now, where was that fungus? It had to be around here somewhere!

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
He smiled and nodded his head eagerly. "That sounds great. I'll promise not to keep you waiting for that first lesson." Kerberos would have to figure something out but he was sure spending a day or two at Willow Ridge in the partially near future wouldn't be difficult. Sven was always up at Charred Ash Draw so perhaps once he had something figured out he could send the pale male Archer back with a message for Ravenna.

The tawny Rigel took not of her stopped position and did the same. His eyes looked around to try and find this fungus that she had been talking about. Did fungus grow in the winter? Did it have a funny smell? Was it safe to bite? He had a lot of question but he figured it might be best to save them for a lesson with the young Archer later on. All he had to do was find some ashy in color, large and patchy thing on the trunk of a tree and he could alert her. As she was the official expert between the two of them. He knew nothing about plants except for White Fir so far. Kerberos kind of figured that was good enough but he knew he was wrong. With so many plants all over the place he figured there was a lot more to them than pretty- or ugly -looks and nice- or rancid -smells.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
It was after some time of mindless wondering that they began to reach the outskirts of the Wildwood. Ravenna had been more or less caught up with her conversation with Kerberos that she did not notice that she had moved further north, farther from home then she had originally intended. The first and only time her mother had brought her this way to find this mushroom of sorts had been seemingly so long ago that it took Ravenna some time to pin-point the location in which they had been known to grow on birch trees, which was the kind she was looking for other then his white fir. "There!" She finally calls out to the wolf from the otherwise silence they had fallen into over the past few minutes, who knows, maybe even more. Her nose juts out in the location of the darkly colored patch on the otherwise pale colored tree trunk. She lifts up onto her back legs so that she could lean forward and grab it. Damn. It was just out of reach.
(This post was last modified: Mar 01, 2017, 02:22 AM by Ravenna.)

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
He was completely unaware of just how much they had wandered. His pale yellow eyes had been so keen on searching for that fungus that he almost forgot his silent company until she hollered out. The tawny Rigel was quick to follow and watched as she got on her hind legs. His eyes widened as the Archer female went for the ashy fungus up on the trunk of a tree he wasn't completely familiar with. The Draw wolf was rather shocked how tall she looked from that kind of position. Granted he assumed it was fitting mentioning how tall she was when on all fours.

"Uh, what if we umm..." He looked around for some kind of idea then it struck him. "Do you think you can jump to reach it better?" She was larger than him so if she jumped upwards she'd likely have a better chance at getting it than him. His tail swayed behind him as his gaze flickered between the fungus taunting them from above and the pale girl. Kerberos knew they had to get this thing down. After spending so much time looking for this weird fungus, he wasn't content to let Ravenna go home without it. Especially if someone back at Willow Ridge really needed it.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
She grumbles under her breath, a small, low growl seeping from her jaws as a certain bit of frustration grew as she reached out, just barely being able to touch it with the tip of her nose. Even with how large of a wolf she was (she could thank her father for this) she was just out of reach of the fungus that otherwise grew along the side of tree trunks. Sure, she could look for more elsewhere, although she had worked hard to find this one, here. Now. She was not about to let this... this... thing, outwit her. Hearing Kerberos suggested in the background of her little snarls, she hunkers down and jumps up, teeth slicing into the tree from a side angle, taking out both tree bark and pieces of the mushroom. Landing on all fours, she spats out the bark and bits of fungus, far to ripped apart into pieces to do any good now. She needed a good, solid chunk if she was going to get enough of it home in order to do the little girl back there any good when it came to hopefully getting her brain back together again. "Here." She spoke, suddenly dropping down into a lay along the base of the tree. "Try balancing on my shoulders, see if you can reach." She was larger then he, so suggest he get on her instead of the other way around. She did not think having a hundred plus pound wolf on her would feel good, but her determination over-road anything else now. Ah, what a sight this would be.

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Kerberos's face had a large frown as she only brought down shredded fungus and bark from her jump. He was tempted to just suggest that they move along to another tree. Surely if they found some here it would be on another tree nearby or at least he hoped it was. His eyes looked around to see if there was some within his line of sight. It seemed that Ravenna had something else in mind, though.

The Rigel male looked with a little bit of a shocked expression as she got on the floor and explained her plan. "Oh." He approached slowly and looked at her laying there. This would be interesting, to say the least. "Tell me the moment you want me off." He glanced at her before carefully getting on her shoulders and rising up. He was so close! Feeling just as determined as the Willow Ridge wolf below him he stretched out himself as much as he could and opened his jaws to snap at the fungus on the tree. When he felt some break off into his mouth, he quickly jumped off of Ravenna. With a bit of a grunt, he set down the plant on the snow and looked at it.

His yellow eyes looked to Ravenna with a hopeful smile. "Is that alright or do we need more?"
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Ravenna nods to his words, eager to have him try to reach the fungus from atop her back. Having him climbing up on her made a little 'oof' from her lips, his paws stepping on her like being shoved too hard in the ribs as a puppy by your elders when being reprimanded. Once he jumped from her back, she lifts back up onto all fours, shaking out her rough, spiky coat of grays and white. Already she could feel the bruise marks where his weight have pressed into her, though her tail waved with an obvious satisfaction of their accomplishment. "This should be good. Thank you, Kerberos." She spoke. Although they did not get all of it off of the tree granted how high it had been, the large chunk her fellow herbalist here was able to rip off would be plenty enough for a youth in order to do her some good. After all, when it came to trauma of the brain, it was more or less a fifty-fifty chance that one would be able to regain any bit of memory or not. "I should be heading back now." She speaks, taking a few steps closer to the wolf and equally to the fungus. "I will see you again soon?" Dipping her head down, she grabs the chunk of dark fungus into her mouth, pausing only a moment for his final words before she would dash off into a sprint back towards Willow Ridge. If she was going to get this mushroom back home in one piece to make any use of, she would need to get home quickly.

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
He was happy that Ravenna was pleased with his job. A shy smile crept up on his face as his tail swayed behind him. "You're welcome." He didn't even think about anything else besides her praise and thanks. Her words came as a soft surprise to him when they truly shouldn't have. They had been out here searching for some time. "Oh, of course. Bye Ravenna and safe travels!" He barked out with a smile. Kerberos couldn't help himself but watch as the girl disappeared as quickly as she had appeared. Once she was far from sight he turned around and began his own trip back home.

-fade-
(This post was last modified: Mar 07, 2017, 11:58 PM by Kerberos.)