392 Users Online
Google, Oleander, Apollo, Bing

everything has changed — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
For @Askan

Trailing behind Askan for while through the empty darkness, they traveled north of the lake towards lands the seemingly turned to the tundra she had already passed through. However, she came in more from the eastern side of the tundra. The conversation that they had on the lake shore was now close to non extinct. Granted she was giving him a break from her ramblings, he still didn't seem to be keen on conversing with her, just yet. He was more of the silent type which was quite the contrast to Adelayde.

Ade already was feeling like she was right at home. The rocky hills and the brilliant sky filled with the thousand of stars above them that opened up even further than when they were on the lake shore. She truly did love nature and everything it gave them. The sights and sounds were extremely amazing in her eyes. She could smell the wildflowers that littered the area around her as they descended down a rocky hill. Even though Askan warned her not to get her hopes up, she couldn't help but not to. However, she did have doubts that anyone would be up at this hour. Ade was willing to wait until dawn if she needed to. She just needed a place to belong. A place where she could be free and be herself.
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
 @Drestig it's your time to shine old man

Askan was grateful for the silence. It was unlikely that he would have snapped at Adelayde and told her to shut up, but in all likelihood he probably wouldn't have paid that much attention to what she was saying. She had a nice voice yes, but even that wasn't enough to make him want to listen to inane warbling. The stars were one thing, he'd just happened to listen because he had nothing better to do, but now he was watching his footing and making sure that they didn't get lost.

He knew the area well, so it was unlikely that he'd lead them astray, but Askan really didn't want to make a tit of himself ( especially in front of Adelayde) so he took extra care to pay attention. Which was easier said than done,  as it was near impossible to ignore the heavy sound of his company's footfalls. God's she walked like a bison, stomping about as though she had hooves instead of paws. Occasionally, Askan shot her a withering look but other than that, he did his damnest to pay her little attention.  He was not going to let her get under his skin again. Back at the lake, that had been one time! A one off.

They had been walking for quite some time, the tundra was gradually becoming stepper and stepper beneath their feet, before Askan paused and then pressed nose to the ground to inhale Drestig's familiar scent. It seemed as though fortune was on their side, the Old man had passed by quite recently. They must have only just missed him. What was the old man doing out and about at this hour? Wasn't a man of his age supposed to getting some rest? Askan couldn't help but grin at his wit, but he quickly shooed that expression away before looking over to his travelling companion.

"Think we just missed him. The hell's he doing out here?" Askan glanced about, his bright eyes scanning the surrounding hills and ridges. It took a few moments of squinting (he probably looked like he either had something in his eye, or he was really mad) but he spotted a familiar dark figure on the move.

"I'll give it to him, he has a pretty good sense of timing." The corner of Askan's lip ticked up a little, then fell as he looked to his companion. "Be polite, but don't stress. He's laid back, just don't give him the round around. Got it?"

Admittedly, he was a little nervous- as this would be the second time he sought him out looking to make introductions- with girls no less! But really, what's the worst that could happen? He was trying to help out the pack here, he had done nothing wrong. So with that in mind, Askan readied himself and set his shoulders. 
(This post was last modified: Oct 14, 2016, 06:44 PM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon

Another restless night. He'd hoped that once the land was claimed and pack official, they would be over; But no such luck..! Leading Oak Tree Bend had never felt this stressful, but of course that had been so different. Here he had Percy and Jessie, and the boys depending on him, so many things riding on his shoulders. And winter was drawing closer. All he could do was try his best to ensure that they were ready, patrol the borders, scout for prey, perhaps a few more capable wolves to help them. So he did, he worked until he was about to collapse, and yet when he curled up next to his family at night he got no more than a few hours of restless dreams. Eventually he'd get up, realizing there was no point to trying any longer, and not wanting to disturb the others further with his thrashing.

The fresh air helped a bit, so did walking. You'd think after a whole day on the move my paws would need some rest! Yet they were hardly sore, and as he speed into a trot, slipping between the trees he felt his nerves calming. It was like, as long as he was in motion, he felt like he was doing something. The night was cool and clear, yet another stark reminder of what was to come, yet the fields looked peaceful in the moonlight, gold muted to copper under the star-speckled heavens. Drestig wasn't much of a gazer, but he could appreciate the beauty of the sight none the less, thousands of little white lights dotting the horizon. His paws let him of the familiar route, around the pond and north east along the creek, passing between tall blades of grass with a low swoosh. Eventually the rye thinned, weeds and lower grasses taking over the light slopes of the landscape. And further beyond still lay the tundra, flat and dry, yet brimming with prey. But he would not go that far tonight; Just round the perimeter… Maybe then he could sleep.

But the night, it seemed, had other plans. He was not the only one too restless to stay home. Cresting a small hill, silvered ears twitched at the distant mutter of a familiar voice. The alpha sighed, lips twisting in a small smirk. For a moment he stayed put, shifting his shoulders and cracking his neck to remove the worst stiffness. Then he turned to follow the voice, eager as always to see what his second had brought home this time around.

He caught sight of the two figures almost immediately, one brow cocking as he drew up to Askan and his new friend. "A bit late for social calls, don't you think? Or perhaps you were just out admiring the stars?" He spoke to the dark lad, giving him a signature, crocked smile before turning to the stranger. A young female, tall and bulky – though she looked like she could stand to gain a few pounds – with tawny fur and remarkable eyes. Drestig offered her a nod in greeting, speaking in a friendly voice, despite the apparent hardness of his words: "I suppose you're the reason I'm out of my den so late at night?"

Word count: 539

Thoughts ”Speech”

pride12
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva

With the illuminating full moon above them, the trek to their destination was made easier through the hilly and rocky terrain, but the bright satellite in the sky above her didn't help her shaky and unbalanced coordination. Multiple times, Adelayde slipped on a few dewy boulders and almost headed face first into Askan's behind, but she luckily recovered quickly each time without him seemingly noticing. Keeping up with the dark male wasn't difficult, but he obviously knew where all the cracks and crannies around here were to keep himself from slipping and tripping like Ade.

Mismatched eyes planted on the ground beneath her to watch for anymore tricky boulders or hills, she again almost ran into the back of Askan as he stopped to throw his nose down to the ground to track down a recent scent this "Old Man" or so she would assume. Backing away from him to replace the space she invaded, her seafoam eyes flickered to his handsome face as he looked out across the land with a smirk grin on his face though it didn't last long as he looked back at her with a neutral expression. Her luck wasn't out just yet as Askan explained they had just missed the Old Man pass by. Her eyes followed his as he squinted out into the distance. Sure enough, the dark figure ahead of them was the wolf they were just looking for.

Suddenly, his hot daffodil eyes were on her again, both of them intense and stern this time. Instructing her how to interact with another was quite comical coming from him, but Ade nodded obediently nonetheless. Once the dark figure of the alpha came closer to the pair, her neutral posture quickly descended into submission. Her tawny tail curled underneath her and she crouched low enough for her rather large body to still remain comfortable but enough to where she could see underneath Askan. The alpha's voice was spoken with fondness as he spoke to Askan, her eyes quickly diverting to the Old Man's paws when he looked towards her. Looking up gently after he spoke directly to her, "I do hope it wasn't an inconvenience for you to be out this late." She answered, her delicate, songful voice soft compared to his. Her mismatched seafoam eyes stole a glance up at the aged male, before looking back down at his chest. "I'm Adelayde Snow."
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
As far as first impressions went, this wasn't so bad. Which was to say that Adelaydge was clearly doing a better job than Askan had, all those months ago. For one, she was being polite and even went as far to apologise for intruding at such a late hour. It had never even occurred to Askan that he should apologise, then again at this point he didn't have to walk on egg shells. He didn't have to pretend to be a polite sod, Drestig knew who he was, what he was like and accepted him nonetheless. Askan felt honoured to serve such an accepting alpha, though in the back of his mind he couldn't help but worry that one day his accepting nature would be his downfall. But that's what Askan was there, he'd be the packs ward and defender whether it was official or not.

It was a little amusing though to see her bow down in reverence to their elder. Again, Askan had never done that before. He'd offered him respectful nods of course, he wasn't that curt, but he'd gone this far to show respect. Briefly, he wondered why. Perhaps it was the fact that Drestig wasn't haughty, he didn't carry himself like he thought he was better than everyone else. He was just... an old good man. And that's why Askan decided he liked him.

Askan rolled his eyes at the Old man's suggestion. He was right of course, but he wasn't going to admit that. That would be mortifying. Instead, Askan decided to explain the situation a little.

"Found her by laying around by Turtleback Lake like a right idiot." He cast her a quick side glance, as if to see whether she would contradict him."She said she had nowhere to go, so I figured she could join us. Since you seem to enjoy collecting misfits and all."

Askan shrugged his hefty shoulders, like he couldn't really care less. Like all of this didn't matter to him, like it was a bit of a nuisance more than anything else. But really, he couldn't help but feel a little hopeful. The pack needed to grow if they were going to survive the incoming winter, and the last thing Askan wanted to do was sit idle whilst he could be contributing to pack efforts. Besides, if she was to join it wouldn't be so bad. He wouldn't hate it at least. And he suspected she would at least try to pull her weight, unlike Icicle- who Askan had yet to see even try and do something useful. But that was a problem for another day, after all it would be rather pointless if he brought that up now.

"She seems all right, I suppose. But it's your call boss." 
(This post was last modified: Oct 20, 2016, 11:30 PM by Askan.)
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon

Ember eyes grew even softer as the lumbering girl crouched down, her forced submission laying his ears back, but they flicked forwards again to hear her words. A quiet breath of laughter escaped him, lips shaping a light smile. "It's not your fault," He answered gently, feeling the need to ease her a bit; Though she didn't exactly look scared, it would do them both some good if she relaxed. Turning to Askan, the alpha's smile faded as he explained in his usual, blunt manner. His brows furrowed slightly at the lad, eyes narrowing almost imperceptibly. Generally he found the young wolves court manner refreshing, but this was a case where he would have liked to see a little more decorum from his subordinate. For now a snort was his only reaction though, attention turning back to Adelayde as he effectively ignored most of what Askan had said. "It's nice to meet you, I'm Drestig Avalon."

With little more to go on, the leader was left to make his own evaluation of the young lady. She looked fit and strong for the most part, her slight lankiness nothing a few good meals wouldn't fix. But who was she, and how had she ended up here; 'She seems alright' Drestig tsked to himself, glancing sideways at the dark lad; What did you bring me?! Needing to vent his agitation, possibly partially caused by the late hour and his lag of sleep, the elder man shot his second a snide comment, one brow raised; "This is the second time you bring a girl to my borders kid, is this gonna be a regular thing?" Then he couldn't hold back a smirk, shaking his head lightly to clear it. They were here now, and in the end he probably would have wanted to ask all the questions himself anyway.

So he looked over at the tawny woman, smiling encouragingly, his posture confident but relaxed. With a lazy swish of his tail, he tilted his head a tad debating for a moment before starting: "So, Adelayde, I suppose Askan's told you we've got a little family up here." His voice was fond as he said the word, even if it seemed cheesy, and he couldn't help but smile broadly as he continued: "The land is just beyond those hills, a rather nice spot if I do say so myself, plenty of prey and free space. I lead along with my mate, Jessie, and we have a daughter as well as a couple other able bodies." He motioned around as he explained, first to the small knoll behind them, and then to Askan at the end, to indicate his inclusion in it all. Then he raised his brows at Adelayde, tone nonchalant as he asked: "So, would you want to be a part of that?"

Word count: 470

Thoughts ”Speech”

pride12
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva

Soon after she made her apologies known to the regal alpha before her, his words softened, the tense walls collapsing around them. Slowly, Adelayde rose from her crouched position, but instead of rising tall like she usually would, the tawny female choose to keep her posture relaxed and friendly. Tail hung low adjacent to her back paws, another smile graced her ebony lips before it quickly disappeared when the words of Askan started to fill her tan ears. My god, this man has little-to-no manners within him. A scowl laced her maw as he gave her a quick glance. Usually Ade would have held her displeasure to herself, but frankly she was going to be as blunt as everything that came out of his mouth.

Her scowl faded shortly after she glanced upon his alphas's face to see a mirrored displeasure upon his. Cutting off her laugh before it reached full potential, all that was heard was a soft snort out of Adelayde's mouth before the dark alpha turned his attention back upon her. The leader of the lowlands returned her spoken gesture, giving her a name to call him as well. "The pleasure is mine, sir," she answered before closing her seafoam eyes and bowing her head softly in a court manner. Again the dark, daffodil eyed arseman spoke up. This time, Drestig acknowledged Askan with a comment laced with slight irritation, but the Old Man did seem laid back like Askan had informed her as he only gave him a smirk to end with.

Again Drestig turned back towards her direction, delectation replacing the smirk. Askan didn't tell her much about the place he was taking her to, rather wait to reveal the mystery to her on the way there or leave it up for her to imagine. Though it was the latter of the two, Ade was still excited to hear a tidbit of what this place was about even if it wasn't what she imagined. "I would love to be apart of something as beautiful as that." Ade always wanted to belong somewhere that accepted her with open arms. To be the wolf she always wanted to be without judgement. "I don't need somewhere to live. I just need somewhere to belong. If you'd have me that is?"
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
The way Askan saw it, there was nothing wrong with his attitude. He knew he could be a little blunt at times, but if someone took offence then the fault was their own.  The Old man was a laid back sort, jovial, but it seemed as though even he was able to grow tired of Askan's curt mannerisms. As soon as the sly jab passed his lips, Askan froze solid with a startled jolt. His words weren't harsh, so it wasn't as his feelings were hurt- but really Askan he would have preferred that over this.

Because right then, Askan was drowing in sheer and utter mortification. 

WHAT? No no no, he wasn't up to anything, nothing like that! It wasn't that he had anything against women, or that he had any real feelings or opinions of them... But?? Oh Gods, Drestig probably thought he was a pervert or something, or a womaniser! He didn't know which one was worse, either prospect was disgusting, shameful. And more than enough to make Askan curl in on himself, with his tail between his legs. Whatever the Old man had in mind, with that damned smirk, it had to be bad.  Askan wasn't the sort who clung too tightly to other's opinions, but when it came to his alpha, his opinion counted. He had to keep in his good graces, lest he be kicked out the pack. This was bad. The worst news. Possibly the worst thing ever. Askan wanted to craw into a hole and pretend he didn't exist.

But seeing as digging a hole right there and then would probably come off as a little strange, Askan resisted the urge. Instead, his ears pressed flat against his head and he averted his gaze. Honestly, he wasn't sure whether Drestig actually wanted a response or not, because once he had said his piece his attention returned to Adelayde. Askan truly wanted to proclaim his innocence, to try and do some damage control here but he bit his tongue. Knowing him he'd make it worse anyway, like digging his own grave.

Still, Adelayde seemed willing to go along with the Old man's ways... Which was good? He supposed, sort of. Maybe. It was a little difficult to think about that now when all sorts of worries and worse case scenarios were rushing through his head. But from what he could tell, it was going well. Drestig wasn't trying to chase her off at least, and she seemed to understand the situation pretty well. He didn't want her to join the pack because she was a girl, he simply wanted to contribute, to help the pack grow strong. How could he make the alpha see that?
(This post was last modified: Oct 29, 2016, 07:24 PM by Askan.)
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
We can finish off here or you guys can get in a final post if you like, just let me know when it's been archived so I can add her to the rooster <3

Surprisingly, his comment seemed t have shut up the brusque lad, shifting his sour face into a grimace that Drestig, he had to admit, appreciated quite a lot. He would pardon Askan of course, eventually, let him know that the intend had simply been to tease him, and hush him for the moment. But right now, Adelayde was the priority. She seemed agreeable, a sound not unlike the one he had just made leaving her mouth when the younger man was told off. Again, the Rye king was of the opinion that it was well deserved, and he smiled at the young woman, nodding back as she did. Everything seemed in order, she was polite – which was more than he could say for his first recruit – and looked fit enough, not that that was a high bar to pass. The leader honestly couldn't think of anything else to ask her.

So that left him to listen, smile softening at her reply. He was proud of what he had managed to build, with the help of Jessie and the lads, and his little girl of course, he thought of all of them as family, and it was important to him that anyone joining would feel the same. He could only agree that it was beautiful, and hopefully it would continue to be for many seasons to come. The tawny lass' final words sealed the deal for him, dark crown lowering in a respectful gesture. "Then you have come to the right place," He announced in a low, fond voice, ember eyes meeting hers briefly, not in challenge, but trust. For the first time, he noticed the slight difference in their color, masked by the low light, and he smiled to himself. He felt confident that she would fit in well with their growing family.

Word count: 303

Thoughts ”Speech”

pride12