452 Users Online
Bing, Google, Apollo

Dauðra Dura — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Advisor Dem 1/3

When he'd left his birth pack Kajika had only one goal in mind. That was to find a place where he would be able to do good things and be better than what his parents had turned into. He hadn't known what he would find once he left the his birth pack's territory. Growing up he'd never been outside it but he was determined to make it once he set out. Never had he thought he would end up where he was or find the relationships that he had. One thing he was sure about her had done good during his time in the lore, he'd found his home and he didn't plan to leave any time soon. He worried that Lunette would leave and he wouldn't be able to follow of course. He hoped that one day she could find happiness in the cove so that she could stay. He would miss her if she felt it was best for her to go and he hoped she would tell him instead of disappearing again.

“Your welcome,” he said with a nod, “It is nice to find what you have been looking for.” The next question was a testament as to how long this stranger had been in the lore since he did not seem to understand that he was standing in it. The beta had no problem explaining it to him especially if it might help the man to understand things a little better. “The lore is this place I am not sure how far it stretches but I can tell you that many packs reside within it.” He told though he wasn't sure he explained it well so he thought he would add just a little more. “For instance this lake,” he gestured toward the lake with his muzzle, “Is called Lost Lake but it is just a small part of Relic Lore. There are many different places in the lore, I have visited many of them myself.”

Kajika only have the man a half smile when he spoke of founding his own pack. He felt this statement too showed how new the man was to the lore for he did not know what life could be. “No, you can't know what life holds in store,” he agreed as his thoughts went to Des and how her meet her and lost her. Then to Lunette and how their relationship had changed and finding Moonshadow who had become so easily a part of him that he couldn't imagine life without her friendship. Lastly it settled on Chan, his godson. He never thought he would be so lucky but there he stood on the edge of that lake that had been a part of his life for the last two years. He'd loved and lost and found a friendship that he never believed could be real. “Should you try to start a pack of your own I do wish you luck. The weather and terrain can be unforgiving.” It would he the only advice that he would give to the man though Kajika couldn't imagine it would be easy starting a pack which was one reason he'd never done it besides his loyalty.

Kajika nodded as the man explained himself, “I see,” he said as it seemed he had been right about this man. “Well it's not bad spending the summer on your own here but it might be wise to find a place to call home before winter. The last one we had was rather harsh and many of the loners suffered for it.”

(This post was last modified: Aug 01, 2017, 01:36 PM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Hussar who has 102 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Blackmoore Northcrest
"Your welcome, it is nice to find what you have been looking for.” The other male replied politely, bringing this part of conversation to a close. Blackmoore have simply nodded slightly on that, as he'd not deemed the words to mandate another 'thanks' of sorts. Neither of them seemed to belong to a culture where a formalities like that could drawn out by, for example, excessive bowing and words of gratitude either. For a moment his green eyes watched the stranger as he'd show some hints of perhaps surprise, before the male spoke again - explaining: “The lore is this place I am not sure how far it stretches but I can tell you that many packs reside within it. For instance this lake, is called Lost Lake but it is just a small part of Relic Lore. There are many different places in the lore, I have visited many of them myself.”  Well, what the male spoke had sense, though it didn't explained why the land (as he'd got to know) had been named such. To him it felt a bit weird, pretentious even. 'Why Relic? Why Lore?' swirled through his mind as he'd tried to find reasoning behind the name of the land which he'd just got to know.

He couldn't find any though.

He did though, found interest in the other part that the male have shared with him. So much that he'd decided to ask, following Kajika's gaze upon the lake. "Any worth mentioning perhaps?" He questioned, giving the male a curious look with his muzzle still pointed forward to the center of the lake. "Or any warnings?" He added after short pause, during which the delicate breeze bristled his fur a little. Blackmoore figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask if there were any places around best to be avoided. Or packs, who knows. 

“No, you can't know what life holds in store," That was true, another constant in everybody's lives. Well, aside perhaps few soothsaying individuals - but the male imagined that thing like that could be more of a curse than blessing. At least that's what he thought on the matter... "Indeed." The male have replied, while turning his muzzle away from the lake and back to his interlocutor, awaiting his next response. “Should you try to start a pack of your own I do wish you luck. The weather and terrain can be unforgiving.”  He heard back after a moment. which have caused him to back at Kajika with some curiosity. He didn't expect to hear an advice, even if it was a little bit obvious like this one. It was however, given in good thought, so Blackmoore concluded quickly it would be impolite to ignore it or to show up ungrateful. So he simply replied back: "I'll try to remember, thank you."

“I see, well it's not bad spending the summer on your own here but it might be wise to find a place to call home before winter. The last one we had was rather harsh and many of the loners suffered for it.” 

"Are harsh winters sort of normal around here?" He questioned in response, a little bit hastily perhaps. Though after a second thought, the male concluded he'd would most likely asked about that anyway. It's not like he'd would be planning on to stay loner throughout even the summer, but he figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. The sooner he'd learn the land and it's quirks the better - right?
(This post was last modified: Jul 24, 2017, 09:32 PM by Blackmoore.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Advisor Dem 2/3

As he spoke Kajika wondered if the man would find what he was looking for in the lore just as he himself had. His mind drifted to Des and he wondered if he would ever find the man that had murdered her and have his chance to get revenge for her. Or would that be his in promise that would remain unfulfilled? There had been a few times over the months since he'd found her that he worried he might have made a mistake in promising that to her. In all of his searching he had not turned up any more clues than what he already had. The memory of a faded scent was all he had to go on and he searched for that scent in every make that he came across. Even in the man standing before him.

The question of the lore was an easy one for Kajika to answer as he had traveled many places within it. He knew there were still plenty more and perhaps one day he would get to see them all but for now he preferred to stay close to home. After what had happened during his last escapade outside the borders he worried something would happen if he left again. It seemed the man sought information about the lore which the beta was happy to provide the man who would no doubt be traveling the lore. "A place that has always been my favorite is a place called Turtleback lake, it is to the north about an eight day travel and there is the hot springs which aren't far from here.” That was to mention a couple places the man could visit and as for warnings Kajika had a couple of those too. “Beware the mountain as it can be treacherous to travel, watch your footing. Also be cautious of your surroundings, there are other packs and most are not kind to those who cross their borders.”

It was true the future was uncertain and as he had entered the lore two years ago he had been very uncertain of what lay ahead. Had he been told that he would be serving two of the fairest and kindest alphas he'd have the pleasure of meeting or becoming the beta of the pack and wolves that he cared deeply for he might have laughed. Now though it all didn't seem so impossible and he was proud of the way his life had turned out. Still there were questions that he had but could only be answered with the passage of time. A warning was given when the dark man expressed a desire to start a pack. Though he had never had a pack of his own he knew what it took to run a pack smoothly. Whether the man took his words to heart or not was up to him but Kajika felt he'd done his part. “I do hope so. I would hate for things to go badly for you.” Of course time would decide this as well.

The beta tilted his head to the side slightly at the man's question, “I’ve only seen two in this land and the last was the harshest yet. Food was scarce to non existent and the snow became deep causing travel to become difficult. Here we faired better than others but it was hard on the loners. The snow lasted well into breeding season and we feared that winter wouldn't end.” Of course that had been ridiculous looking back but the continual snow made it hard to think anything else.

(This post was last modified: Aug 01, 2017, 01:37 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Blackmoore Northcrest
"A place that has always been my favorite is a place called Turtleback lake, it is to the north about an eight day travel and there is the hot springs which aren't far from here.”

The stranger replied, telling him of the things he'd seen. Both places had sounded interesting, tho if the male was to choose - he'd would go visit the lake first most likely. Places like this could prove interesting for many reasons, maybe he'd could find a pack there? Who know's, it all remains to be seen as he had silently concluded. As for the hot springs, maybe he'll take a peek if they'll happen to be down the path he had currently set for himself. He had nothing else really to say about them for now, so the male didn't intrude into Kajika's speech.

“Beware the mountain as it can be treacherous to travel, watch your footing. Also be cautious of your surroundings, there are other packs and most are not kind to those who cross their borders.”

"I'm not afraid of those. I'm rather interested are there any that prove to be most inhospitable before you cross their borders?" The dark male replied, half jokingly with a smile while making that slight remark about the borders. "Those packs you've spoke off. Any names in particular?" He questioned further, tilting his head back towards the stranger and laying his positively green eyes on his. After all, maybe the stranger had tried to tell him just that what he joked about. You never know. 

They conversation continued and Blackmoore has found himself a little surprised by the stranger, as he'd wished him good fortunes on his travels. It was a little bit... Well it wasn't strange, it was nice simply - but also quite rare? At least till today, Blackmoore haven't met many that had wished good winds to a stranger...

“I’ve only seen two in this land and the last was the harshest yet. Food was scarce to non existent and the snow became deep causing travel to become difficult. Here we faired better than others but it was hard on the loners. The snow lasted well into breeding season and we feared that winter wouldn't end.”

It was always hard on the loners, he'd imagined. If it wasn't, who'd would need packs right? So in this regard Blackmoore thought of it as something normal and just noted in mind the other pieces of information's he'd been offered. After all, he'd came to these lands from south east, so it's quite possible the winter's he'd been experiencing so far were tamer to the ones just described. Hopefully for him, his pack inhabited a valley in a mountain range - so the male had a huge variety of experiences. But if there's a thing that life had taught him, is that life will always give you a lesson. "I see," He'd begun, looking away onto one of the mountains. "well it makes it even more reasonable to anchor myself way in advance before that happens." He'd finished with a soft chuckle.

It seemed like the conversation was slowly coming to an end, thus the male spoke again - turning his head back to the stranger. "Well, guess I should be going soon to find the place for myself. I rather do that and then enjoy some downtime."
(This post was last modified: Jul 31, 2017, 09:47 AM by Blackmoore.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Advisor Dem 3/3

It wasn't often that a stranger seemed the advice that he had to give about life in the lore. Though he'd only been a loner for a few months he had lived in the lore for much longer. Up until recently he'd enjoyed his life on the mountain and now it had grown at times to be unbearable. There were just too many bad memories that seemed to always outweigh the good ones. There had been times where he'd thought about taking Lunette and going somewhere she could he happy and find her place. He wasn't sure yet could do that without Chan and Moonshadow and he knew she wouldn't leave Tagg. Then there was Namid and Vespertio, he couldn't take their last remaining daughter from them. He knew what that would do to them so he remained taking care of his duties and the pack.

“It might be wise to have a healthy fear of them,” he warned, “I have not met any that are completely inhospitable but it would do well to remain cautious. There are a wide variety of wolves in the lore each with their own ideas of how things should be. You don't want to rub in the wrong way and end up in a fight or worse, that is unless you think you can handle yourself in a fight.” Being a loner Kajika didn't recommend getting into fights with pack wolves but he would leave that to the stranger. As for names, “Oak Tree Bend, White Fir Notch, Wild Rye Fields to name a few.” They were the ones he'd visited before during his scouting venture.

A warning about the winter was also something Kajika felt necessary as the last one was rather harsh for the wolves of the lore. Fallen Tree Cove was lucky to make it through without any losses due to the weather. Their losses had occurred by other means which Kajika shook that thought from his mind. It wouldn't do him any good to think about it now when he was trying to be helpful. The dark beta nodded in agreement, “Even within a pack the winters can be tough but having the pack around you and everyone working together goes a long way to getting through it. The winter this year was extra long so we didn't get the relief we would have gotten when spring arrives.” He explained this hoping it might give the man a better picture of what the winter could do. Getting in a pack now might be best so you can build the trust and show them you will work hard for them.

Their conversation was drawing to a close and Kajika was running out of advice for the man. He of course would have no idea if any of it was followed but he did hope he heeded the betas words and didn't end up as a casualty of the mountain. Kajika nodded, “I should he getting back,” he said looking to the sky, “It is near time my Godson will be waking.”

(This post was last modified: Aug 01, 2017, 01:37 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Blackmoore Northcrest
"True," The male have admitted with a polite nod to the stranger upon hearing his warning about the pack wolves nonetheless. It was true, after all he himself had already different approach than the male. Perhaps foolish, perhaps level headed. Only the time will tell after all. But Blackmoore wasn't suicidal, so he'd figured he should be all right as long as there was at least some common sense among other wolves. And since he wasn't a malicious man, he'd hoped it to be true. As for the packs, Blackmoore has nodded quietly in acknowledgment and noted those few names in his internal notebook. Perhaps he'd might hear of those again, the life will show.

Their conversation though was inevitably drawing to a close however. The male have listened to the repeated warning about the local winters, so it kind of just added weight and importance to his idea of finding pack way ahead of it. "I'll remember." Not try, but remember - that's what he said with a genuine signs of appreciation. There was no reason to add anything more, there won't be "trying" either. Just do or die when the time comes.

As they were about to part, the male he'd met ushered a few words which caused him to smile before each went their separate ways. Being genuinely thankful for the conversation and few advice's about the land, he'd spoke: "Well, I shall continue on my way then. {b}Thank you for warnings."[/b] But as he was about to turn away and past the male to go along the shoreline in westward direction... "Maybe we'll meet again someday - but until then farewell and to you and your family." He said, wondering should he add up words about the pack as well, but he figured that to this man the pack was his family.

fin.