518 Users Online
Google, Bing, Neo, Hazelnut

Strengthening relations — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! @Karina

Her offer had been accepted warmly and the duo walked towards the mountian. The forest around them changed drastically and the dark woman realized she hadn't been in this part of the forest before. The trees were twisted and fog hung low. Her ears flattened momentarily at the feeling of dread that washed over her. She was glad she had offered to walk with Karina. This didnt look like a good place for a wolf to be alone. Especially if one was a mother. Deciding to distract herself from her surroundings the midnight alpha turns her attentions to her new found friend. "So what has you this far from home?" Moon hadnt been the best at making friends. She spent most of her young life alone due to losing her family at such a young age. Come to think of it the dark alpha only really socialized with her birth pack and her current one. She didnt really know how to be social with outsiders but she longed for friends. Sure she had Kajika but their relationship was started based on him tutoring her and teaching her to be a valuable member of the pack.

While Moonshadow was excited to make a friend she wanted to try to leave as much pack politics out as she could. She did have the right as alpha to make these decisions she must remember that she is simply filling in and is helping Vespertio and the pack out. Namid was the true queen and the ebony woman didnt have it in her to keep her from it. She would gladly step down when Namid was ready to lead once more. Moon wanted nothing more than to serve her pack and would do anything necessary to protect it, including stepping up to lead and stepping back down.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Alace who has 250 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karina Baranski
Happy Birthday! I just saw!

Karina knew it would only be a matter of time before the question came up—it was often part of small talk between strangers— but she still hesitated just a moment before her answer.  She knew she must be honest if she wished to deepen her friendship with Moonshadow, but she also knew from experience that religious talk could very swiftly isolate her from the nonreligious. 

“Well..” she started, simultaneously  gathering her courage and seeking the wording that was likely to be least off-putting to a new acquaintance. “..I go where my goddess sends me.” Her gaze searched the darkness for Moonshadow’s eyes, hoping to glean some indication of her reaction.  “There are wolves out there-- wolves who don’t understand their purpose, or just don’t really… really fit in. With more traditional packs. If I can help them, teach them about the All-Mother, maybe offer them a home... Well, that would be my calling. As Her priestess.” 

Karina was silent for a moment before adding, “Is that what you’re doing? Seeking out new pack members? “ The priestess already knew the answer—for what other reason would a leader leave her territory?—but with the question she hoped to emphasize to Moonshadow that they were not really so different from one another. They were two leaders with the same goal; to grow numbers and build a thriving pack. 
(This post was last modified: Nov 08, 2016, 12:57 AM by Karina.)

[Image: KjorinaB.png]   
 [Image: JeWBS4.png]
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Thank you! :)

Karinas answer suprised the raven woman. Her ears perked and her brows raised. Goddess? The word was foregin to the raven pelted woman. She hadnt ever had the concept of religion brought to her attention. As her companion continued to talk Moon became more confused as well as intrigued. All - Mother? Priestess? What was this woman talking about? Despite being lost on the religious aspect of Karinas words her talking about taking in wolves who may not belong else where was something she did understand. Before joining FTC she didnt know the first thing about fitting into a pack as an adult. Luckily for her, she was taken in and taught how to function within the adult ranks of a pack.

Her question caught the new matriarch a little off gaurd but after a moment of thinking about it it made sense. There wasnt really many other options for an alpha to be so far from home. "Uh - ya actually. I figured with winter coming it wouldn't hurt to up our numbers a bit. Plus I would love to give someone the chance to have a home just as I was almost a year ago." She had come so far in the past year and she had @Kajika to thank for it all. After having a talk Vespertio about her findings she would seek her teacher out to thank him. After making a mental note to do so the dark woman decided to inquire about what this goddess, all-mother, and priestesss thing was. "If you don't mind, may I ask what a goddess is?" Moons silver eyes lookes towards the ghostly figure of her companion as she hopefully would explained. The midnight woman hoped it wasnt a common thing. For now that she was an adult she felt like she had no excuse for not knowing basic skills - especially now that she was leading a pack.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Karina Baranski
What is a goddess?  It was a fair question.  Mere moons ago Karina might have asked this exact question herself. For so long she had known only of mortals and the All-Mother—calling Her by the generic term “goddess” implied that She was one of several, or perhaps many, which was a concept Karina had not considered until her recent travels.  Now though, she had met so many wolves with so many different beliefs, she had begun to open herself up to the possibility that the immortal realm may be more populated than she had originally thought.  However, it wasn’t an idea that she was altogether comfortable with quite yet, and she had really used the word “goddess” so as not to alienate Moonshadow just in case she kept her own gods. Clearly this was not the case.

“Gods, and goddesses..” Karina started, nose wrinkling as she tried to think of how to explain it all. Without knowing the specifics of Moonshadow’s spirituality, it was hard to know where to begin. “..inhabit the immortal, spiritual realm. But they watch over us mortals, and protect us..”  Karina paused briefly, unhappy with where that explanation was going. It sounded like a pup’s bedtime story. “..Have you ever felt like something was just meant to happen?” She asked, switching the course of her explanation.  “Or like you were led somewhere.. to something or.. someone?” Karina’s cloudy eyes held Moonshadow’s gaze curiously. “My goddess, the All-Mother.. She’s the one who leads me. She’s the one who means things to happen.  Following Her, carrying out Her will.. it brings purpose to my life.” It was hard to say if Moonshadow was relating to any of this... As Karina had discovered, some wolves were completely closed off from their spiritual nature, or considered religion an anathema, and no amount of explanation could reach them. 

Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Out of character comments here

Religion, spirituality, gods, goddesses are all foregin concepts to the ebony woman. They were intriguing to think about and Moon wanted to learn more. Silver eyes watched their pale blue counter parts and charcoal ears pressed forward as Karina explained. Her words soaked into the dark woman as she explained what a goddess is and what they do. Watch over and protect? The idea was strange and one question led to another but Moon let her friend continue not wanting to interrupt. As she continued Moon's mothers words filled her head. "Everything happens for a reason" "every action, good or bad, has a consequence" "karma will always take care of itsself". Karma is what her mother had called it. It was the closest thing to any spirituality that Moonshadow had been told of. She wondered if the karma that her mother spoke of could be a god or goddess.

"Ive never given it much thought" she admitted almost reluctantly. Not knowing something that should be common knowledge is one of the raven matriarchs fears. Being rooted from losing her family at such a young age and not learning basic skills. She shook her fear as Karina described her goddess. The All-Mother she called it - it guides her and gives her purpose. Hummm Moon had always thought that family and packs guided wolves and gave them purpose. Or at least it always had for her. It was strange to think otherwise but that didnt mean she couldnt be open to other ways of thinking. When her ghostly companion finished speaking the midnight pelted she-wolf mulled the alternate way of thinking over.

"My mother use to speak of a thing that would give out consequences for ones actions whether good or bad. She called it karma and always said that it would always come around and settle the score. I dunno if thats anything like a goddess." She smiled sheepishly to her companion. Whether karma was in the spiritual realm that Karina spoke of Moonshadow definitely wanted to learn more.

Inactive No Rank
Karina Baranski
Karina mulled over Moonshadow’s description of Karma, who admittedly did sound like a god of some sort… a very childish god, perhaps, for it was only young children who asserted that the world ought to be fair. Adults were resigned to the reality as it was; that every wolf casts their lots, and some win and some lose. 

“Karma does sound like a goddess maybe… but she doesn’t sound like mine. “ As was obvious from living in the world the Mother designed, She cared not a bit for fairness—or else wolf and deer alike would eat grass, every mother’s child would survive, and no one man or woman would rule over  another.

“The Mother does reward and punish, but She does it out of love, like.. well, like a mother.  She acts as is best for Her children. For all her children. Every individual, every living creature.”  She was beginning to see that most spiritual wolves believed in gods and goddesses that only had concern for the lupine. That was where her goddess was different. The Mother cares for every creature that was ever a mother’s child.  

“I try to follow Her example as best I can. As a mother to my daughter, and as a leader to my pack.”  Karina smiled tentatively, hoping that she had not damaged too much of their common ground by speaking overly much of spiritual topics. Spiritual or not, Karina liked Moonshadow, and still hoped that they might be able to come to a mutual understanding as pack leaders. 
(This post was last modified: Nov 21, 2016, 03:22 PM by Karina.)

Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Sorry for the wait Dx

The idea of there being a higher power or all mighty being intimidated the charcoal she-wolf. The thought of something existing that had control over her didn't exactly settle well. Having a thirst for knowledge and being naturally curious about the unknown Moon cast the thoughts aside and concentrated on her companions words. The ghostly woman stated that while karma could be a divine being, it was not the one that she followed. She characterized her goddess as one that acted like a mother. Rewarding and punishing out of love for each individual living creature. Silver eyes gazed upon the moonlit path as the brain behind them considered this All Mother. A silver dusted audit swivled to catch the rest of Karina's words. A smile formed on the young woman's face at Karina's devotion.

As the midnight pelted woman digested the idea of religion she couldn't help but wonder how could one truly know something existed if they couldn't see it. "Your goddess sounds like a kind, fair and loving being. If I may ask though how do you really know she exists if you can't see her?" She inquired looking back at the pale blue orbs of her friend. She wasn't trying to be rude as she was truly curious. While the idea may frighten her a bit Moonshadow wasn't about to throw the idea out the window. The idea of being alone after losing her family was terrifying but she had to deal. Same with the idea of joining a pack and recently leading said pack. Just because something was scary, foreign, or unheard of doesnt mean its a bad thing.

Inactive No Rank
Karina Baranski
For just a moment, Karina thought that Moonshadow’s attitude could swing either way; maybe she understood and appreciated Karina’s sincere spirituality, or maybe she was writing her off as a lunatic. Karina held her tongue to allow her friend to process what she said. When the inky woman finally smiled at her, Karina’s heart soared. She beamed right back, grateful that her new friend was willing to open her mind to such a new idea.

She asked another question—one that might stump a new believer, but not Karina. Her answer came quickly and effortlessly. “The same way I am sure of other things I can’t see. I know my daughter loves me, but I can’t see love.  I can’t see loyalty either, but I’m sure my mate is wholly devoted to our family, our pack.”  There were so many things that she knew existed because she could feel them; she didn’t have to see them!  “Some things you just take on faith, you know?”  she asked, eyes sparkling.

Karina let her question hang for a few more pawsteps before she continued, voice a little more subdued. “Serving the Mother --loving and showing kindness to all Her children-- ...Even if I had never come to know the Mother, it’s something I would have been doing anyway. It’s a message I’ve believed in, since I was a pup. Since before I knew Her.” The words solidified an idea that Karina had always held in her heart, but had never spoken aloud.  Even if the Mother somehow ceased to exist, Karina would still continue on exactly as she was, because it was work she believed in. 

Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! So sorry for the shortness Dx

The effortlessness of her companion didn't surprise the dark woman. For someone who had already come to terms with and accepted spirituality would be expected to answer in such a way. The words of her answer however lead the woman to do an internal 'duh'. Of course one believed in love and loyalty with out seeing them, why should gods or goddesses be any different? "Well of course! I've never looked at it that way before." She replied honestly feeling a bit dumb for not being able to make that connection herself. The few moments of silence between the pair allowed the inky she-wolf to rid herself of the feeling of stupidity. This was something the young alpha was trying to work on and change within herself. To not be so harsh on herself in general but more specific to not be harsh for things out of her control.

Her next words were ones Moon could relate to. Being kind to others regardless of her goddess. This is something her own mother enstilled in her children from a young age along with the concept of karma. Smiling once more at her companion she made this known to her. "My own mother believed in showing kindness to all as well. But if you don't mind my asking, when you say all Her children you mean all living creatures, both predator and prey right?" She paused for a moment to allow her companion to answer. "How does one hunt and eat if you are supposed to show kindness to all?" This concept seemed to be more difficult for the temporary lake queen to comprehend. It was almost contradictory to her for it wasn't exactly kind to kill.